Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glitz Pit

Re: The Glitz Pit

Aria shuffled into the minor league locker room with the pair of shades on her head. She glanced around, shrugged, and spread her cloak on the tattered bed before laying down on it. "Place hasn't gotten any better since I was last here." and pulled out a book and started flipping through it.

"While I appreciate the concern...a conductor hears all. I'm not from these parts, wherever I am...business is business, and if one wishes to talk business with me, don't beat around the bush." Step bluntly stated, straightening his tie and glancing at his 'teacher'. "Regardless, I'm not used to this world or body, and my primary means of defense is gone. I'll take your service...and/or pity."
    Last edited by SBSam; September 30th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

"Excellent! Well start when there's an open spot in the fights, But I will have to take payment up front, just a precaution you see? It'll be 50 coins for the training, which really isn't actually that much. Trust me you won't regret it! I'll just go set up the match, they'll call you when it's time." Danny took the coins from step and started leaving to set up the match, before he left he turned back towards Step. "Oh by the way, my name's Danny." Danny left the room, and after setting up the match, went to see if he could find any familiar faces. He saw Fulgor in the hall and approached him. "Hey Fulgor remember me! I was wondering if you'd like to team up for the brawl? I've learned a lot of new skills, so we won't end up with the same problem as last time, I promise." Danny smiled and reached his hand out to shake Fulgors.

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

Spinda was now wandering round the place until he came to his favorite place in the whole Glitz Pit; the shop. He walked in, made a clone-chain to the top of the desk and sucked himself back in at the top, where he faced the shyguy there. He slammed all of his money on the desk and said "I want another ability." The shyguy counted the pile of coins and shook his head. "Not enough? FINE!" He slammed down the bottle of fizzy pop from... How long ago? The shy guy stared at it, and they were both in silence until Spinda brought it to his mouth, made some gagging noises, and returned the bottle filled to the brim. The shyguy gingerly took the bottle, and picked up a phone.

After a few minutes, The shy guy put down the phone, and jumped off the stool into the back room, and as Spinda followed, he realized it was the room with the chamber in it. He needed no instructions here, he just clambered on in, and waited for the tingling. The shy guy closed the chamber behind him, and ran the machinery. Spinda once again felt various strange energies flow through his body, but as the process went on, he felt more... airy. As he clambered out of the chamber again, he thanked the shy guy, and wandered out of the shop again. Just to experiment with his new power, Spinda flicked his wrist. As a gust of wind blew around him, he gave a small grin.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

((is there really a &&&&ing pony character
    holy &&&& I'm gonna kill it so hard))

Miss Mr. Taxi sat alone in her private room, the once-gilded Champion's locker room. Once gilded, mind you, as the girl has long since transformed the sparkling gold chamber into a dim lair of black lights and sharp edges. Notably, a large "throne" in the center-back of the room, facing the door. Taxi had special-ordered a heavy chair cut from a giant block of razor-sharp obsidian. Which was strange, because obsidian wasn't found in large and dense quantities, right? Well, such thoughts didn't annoy Taxi, seeing as she got exactly what she ordered.

As fun as it is to sit on a throne and feel good about yourself, Taxi just couldn't help becoming bored. Really, really bored. Not exactly the normal itching-for-a-fight kind of bored, but she wanted to do something. Perhaps terrorize the fresh meat?

Poking her head out the heavy steel door, Mr. Taxi playfully sniffed the air. "Hmm... smells like weakness." She nearly jumped out the threshold in joy, skipping over to the drab blue door of the minor league locker room.

Without knocking, Taxi let herself in, but then again no one could really refuse access to the Champion. Hopefully no eyes were on her- a couple fighters were talking among themselves, and another reading was something silently. Only one familiar face out of the bunch, though. Oh, well, didn't matter... Taxi had other plans. Walking quietly to the back wall, making sure to stay silent, Taxi came across the lockers. And where there's lockers, there's goodies.

Look left... look right... Clear? Ah, &&&& it. Taxi didn't care. Opening a larger portal, she basically bypassed the doors of the lockers. And spotted... money! Cool, quick and easy. Taxi reached into the locker fifth to the right, snatching the bag of new coins and closing up the portal. So what if there were possible witnesses? She didn't draw much attention to herself, and no one really bothered her since she walked in. But maybe someone would step in her way on the way out... Hmph, preventing such an outcome, Taxi didn't even turn around. Instead, she walked straight to her left, as if she was going to run right into the wall. And she did, sort of! Her portals opened up a nice new door for her to slip into the closet space between locker rooms, disappearing without a hitch.

((just jacked kyle's coins, yo. watchugonnado?))

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Spoiler: OOC 

In the janitorial closet, Taxi would find a random Shy Guy holding a mop. Seeing her randomly walk through a wall, he froze for a second, then tried to look busy. He also made odd squeaking sounds, hopefully coming from the mop and not the Shy Guy.
    Meanwhile, at Suda's old office, Kiwi's wild pounding accidentally broke the (reinforced) door. It fell into the room with a crash, revealing Suda's old desk, a large pile of papers, and the corner of an illicit Game Boy peeking out from the top of a drawer. On top of the now smashed door, there was a notice that said "Suda is unavailable. The Pit is now under new management."
    As Kiwi stood there, Steve came squeaking around the corner. Seeing the enraged muscleman, he immediately froze and started to slowly waddle back the way he came....
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; September 30th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.

Hail to the Crimson

The boy from later had just exited the shower, now wearing the new clothes: a plain white cotton T-shirt and a pair of jeans. As plain as air, but it would have to do. Anything but the uniform. Anything but. He brushed his not-quite-dry-yet auburn hair with his right hand, staring at the old suit in his left. ...well, maybe he could keep it as a memento. A reminder to not look back, to keep going forward.

He opened the locker he had stored his money earlier.

It wasn't there.

He didn't react at first. His face didn't seem to bear much of a reaction to all of his missing wealth. He simply tossed the suit in the locker and turned around, leaving the door open. His head turned slowly to face everyone else in the locker room.

"OK, I'm going to make it this clear and quick too the point. I don't want to waste more time than anyone wants to afford." Having just took a shower, his fair skin shined a little under the florescent lights. It might have been slightly unsettling to some.

In a flash, though, his switchblade was out in his right hand, sparks of electricity began to appear in his left. "WHERE. THE ****. IS MY MONEY?!"

Kiwi.
    Kiwi turned around and faced Steve. He towered over the tiny shy guy thing. He bent over so he'd be closer to Steve's height, and was visibly furious. That was when he opened his mouth to speak. He inhaled, and...
    "...Excuse me little Stephen, can you please tell me to the location of Suda? That sign says he is missing, and if that is in fact correct, can you please to be telling me where the new manager of the Pit is? I have an urgent matter to settle with him, her, it, or other. Please and be thanking you."

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Rather than actually reply to Kiwi, Steve gave a little squeak at the mad muscleman towering over him. He pointed in a direction, then scurried off a different way as fast as his little legs would carry him, squeaking something like "IDUNNODON'TEATME" as he ran away.

(...Let's let our characters do the talking, hm?)

"...Name's Step." The teenager looked at his baton... ...Maybe I can use this like a focus for this power... He flicked it, sending a strong, sudden gust forward.

Experimenting, he closed his eyes, taking breaths and enhancing his breathing using his manipulation of air... Relax...breathe...focus...feel the air going into your lungs, and feel the waste go out the mouth. A cycle. He continued, getting into something of a meditative trance...soon stopping, he looked at himself.

In comparison to some others, he was kinda short. 5'7", for an 18 year old. He had no facial hair, something which he was somewhat glad of...he could hardly see his mane (if he could even call it that), and his strength was pretty decent, but nothing in comparison to the others. He took a glimpse at some other fighters...they all looked prepared, ready to kill... I detest killing, but...if I'm to make it back home, I should try to attain a place where I know I'm safe. This place...I need to fight. And if I'm to fight, that trainer...Danny, he called himself. He could be of use. Granted, he took 50 bits from me...training fee, my front hoof...thing...whatever I'm to call this! He shook his left hand in disbelief. Perhaps I should take a lesson in biology around here.

He began to conduct again, a 6/8 pattern...bit more hindered, but he could get the wind to cooperate after a bit. ...Definitely interesting. I'm feeling something different, though...like I can pierce things, and perhaps make things shatter...I'll figure it out in the brawl, or in a fight...so long as it's not for my life, I think I can remain rational.

Step turned around, looking at the enraged boy. "...I may have heard something grab it. May have." He spoke, indeed having heard something; just not sure of what.
    Last edited by SBSam; September 30th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Aria sat up at the sound of someone shouting. She turned her head at to the boy with the switchblade and frowned. "You have some seriously top-notch social skills," She said. "Some girl with a military cap just walked in and out. Maybe she took it. Looked like something out of a K-pop video if you ask me."

She sighed and slumped back down, the cloak flexing up to catch her. "Oh, and please, a switchblade? Where are you from? Metro City?"
    Last edited by Inx; September 30th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

As Virlux waited for Fulgor's answer he checked the updated rankings that just happened to be on the wall next to him. It seemed that he was in 9th place and near the top of the minor leagues. He also saw that Kirbew was in 7th and in the major leagues. "WHAT!? That puffball that can't correctly control its anger is above me. I just completely destroyed it in our last battle though." He would have to make sure that Kirbew was taken off the major leagues after this brawl.

Then Danny approached Fulgor and said "Hey Fulgor remember me! I was wondering if you'd like to team up for the brawl? I've learned a lot of new skills, so we won't end up with the same problem as last time, I promise." Virlux quickly jumped in and said "Fulgor and I have already made an alliance, but I guess you could join in too. I hope your a good fighter though because I'm going for the gold and I could use all the help that I can get. I need more training and coins, so I can be taught a certain ability too." Virlux kept his eyes locked on Danny and observed his armor, something he didn't have before.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

Virlux quickly interrupted Danny. "Um ok then? Hey you use keyblades? I knew someone before who also used them, in fact Fulgor, him and I made an alliance for a brawl too! It's like we have the old team together again! Except we won't fail horribly this time! Names Danny. Anyway I gotta go get stuff ready for my first teaching fight! Oh and Fulgor, I was wondering if you could help me with it? I just need you to come with me into the fight, I'll explain the rest when we start." Danny walked off to find the second person he needed. As he was walking he felt a cool wind, he saw a tall man standing there doing...something. Danny approached him. "Excuse me, are you Jack? I was wondering if you could help me in a practice fight?"

Kiwi would never eat Steve! He's far to adorable to be found at all appetizing! Oh well. Kiwi made his way to the Major League locker rooms. He decided that if he couldn't sort out his SUPER IMPORTANT TOP-SECRET MATTER with Suda or whoever is in charge now, he's just have to go and make everyone remember he exists.
    He decided the best possible way to do this was by breaking down the door with a swift kick.
    So he did.
    "HELLO, FELLOW MAJOR LEAGUERS! It is I, Kiwi Lao'Shasir, former champion and current fourth place haver! I am here to not only announce my glorious, permanent return to combat..." He quickly pointed at Fulgor. "...but also to challenge you, Mister Second Place Man, to a fight for your rank!"

Aw yeah, he's back.

Jack was content after winning his first match. 350 coins was not a bad total. He heard about Danny's training service and decided to accept Danny's offer. "We're all new once. When you're new, getting adice from those who have more experience is always a good thing. I would like to assist you in training the newer members" He agreed. "Also, if you're gonna be in the brawl, I'll team with you any day. I'd like to make a few friends around here. People to watch your back and stick up for you are great to have. Also, I heard about that coin theivery that happened a while ago. If it happened to you or Virlux, I'd help you guys beat the crap out of whoever stole from you." Jack walked back to the minor league locker room. "Man, I gotta get out of this dump!" He thought to himself. He went to Virlux and Fulgor and asked for alliances during the brawl as well. "If these three become my friends I shouldn't have to worry about any theiving punks."
    Last edited by Seal; September 30th, 2012 at 06:25 PM.

"Awesome! Thanks Jack." Danny walked off and saw Steve walking around, "Hey Steve!" Steve turned and looked at Danny. "Hey I was wondering, I've noticed Suda is gone, so who is the new guy in charge? Is it you now?"
    Last edited by ultrakirby64; September 30th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

Still running from Kiwi, who hadn't even bothered to pursue, Steve turned a corner and nearly ran right into Danny.
    "Hey, Steve!"
    Steve thought something along the lines of "oh ****," then squeaked and skidded to a stop right in front of Danny's feet.
    "Hey I was wondering, I've noticed Suda is gone, so who is the new guy in charge? Is it you now?"
    Steve looked behind him for a moment, as if making sure he could run away, before squeaking "Nonono, not me, I think it was plantguy or something!"
    Immediately afterwards, Steve turned around and scurried away from Danny, Virlux, and Fulgor, moving as fast as his legs could carry him, before they started asking him any more questions about ownership.
    Steve sprinted down a stairwell, hoping he could hide out on a lower floor, away from all these fighters. Instead, he rounded a corner, ran into a storage room - and found a hole in the wall, spewing water which was slowly filling up the lowest floor of the Glitz Pit.
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; September 30th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

It Was A Good Run, Guys: I Have A Skype If You Want To Stay In Touch, But So Long BitF Aeront's Avatar

((OH MY GOSH, I LEAVE FOR LIKE 5 HOURS AND THIS PAGE HAS DOUBLED IN SIZE AND FULG'S LOOKS LIKE A BLEATING IDIOT GEE THANKS GUYS))
    As he began to think of how he and his new ally could work together, he saw someone walk in who'm he thought he'd never see again.

The infamous Danny, traitor of old.

Even to this day, Fulgor remembered the day he entered his first fight, another brawl, to see that both of his allies were completely gone. Eventually, Glaedr showed up and helped him out a bit, but Danny? He didn't show up until AFTER Fulgor blew himself up in an attempt to help his friend, and only decided to help Glaedr, not even caring what had happened to him. Fulgor later confronted Danny over a giant pit of lava and blew his nervous system up, but he put up a good, honorable fight.

Fulgor's emotions were rather....mixed.

He suddenly realized that he had been idley standing there for a while and that Danny had already left to do something. He remembered the man saying something about helping him train someone, so he'd have to look into that later.

However, before he could do this, some strange man calling himself Kiwi Lao something or other challenged him to a duel. The man was completely unfamiliar to him: he didn't even remember him from the old videos he had watched on all the other fighters. The only conclusion he could draw was that the man had been way, way before his time.

Fulgs triumphantly unsheathed his sword, allowing it to shine and luster in the light, before swiftly bringing it down to face his opponent, and said,"YOU SIR, HAVE A DUEL! We shall battle at once!!!" He sudden;y remembered that Danny had asked him to help train some newbies. "Ummmm...on second thought, let us postpone this epic battle of wills for this instance, I must help a.....well, I must help someone."

He sheathed his sword and walked out of the locker room to find Danny. Just before leaving, he called over his back, "But mark my words, when the time finally comes for us to do battle, you will know the true power of a Darknut."

He strided out cooly, tripped over the bottom of the door, picked himself up (hoping no one embarass himself after that awesome monologue he just gave), and began to walk the hallways.

Hail to the Crimson

The boy with the switchblade looked at the girl in ninja gear and the other boy in tuxedo. "A girl with a military hat," the girl had said? Might not be the best piece of info; the culprit could have disguised herself a while ago. But it would have to do. He made a note to watch the two witnesses. That boy... Step, was it? Didn't seem to trust me, and the ninja's a smart-aleck. I'll probably have to watch them.

The sparks disappeared. He sheathed the blade, slid it into his back pocket, and stormed out the door, pushing the security guard to the side. When he finds that culprit, he'll make sure she knows who she's dealing with. Nobody messes with Kyle Cobalt and gets away with it.

Unfortunately for Kyle, this wasn't the prison he was used to.

------------

As Kyle just exited the room, he heard something along the lines of, "Nonono, not me, I think it was plantguy or something!" before brushing by somebody he hadn't seen before. ((That's Danny.)) Maybe he knew something?
    Quickly, he whispered in the guy's ear, "Girl with military hat. Where did she go?"

"Girl with a military hat? I think i know who that is, I just checked the rankings recently and trust me, you don't want to mess with her. In fact the rules even say you aren't allowed to fight her the way you are. I think you'd be kicked out immediately or something. The person you're looking for is Mr. Taxi the champion. If you really want to risk it, fine go ahead, but I think it'd be better if you actually try to do it the right way.Anyway, you could just wait for her at the champs room, she'd have to come back eventually. Anyway, I gotta go do somethings, have fun finding her." Danny walked away, and continued to go along with his business.

Jericho was basically just walkin' along, having a hard time finding Spinda (AKA he wasn't in the Major Leagues room) when he saw some guy talking to some other guy about... finding Taxi? Well, that was interesting. He almost wondered why; this kid was clearly a newbie. Leaning against the wall, he watched the guy with a mild interest. Either he was an idiot, and this would be humorous, or things could get very interesting very quickly. He figured, of course, that it would be the former. Kid didn't look like anything he couldn't handle, though they probably had relatively similar agility scores. And while he didn't know the newcomer's every ability, he almost thought for certain that he was the cleverest of the two. But then, looks could be deceiving. Heck, he was an expert on the subject. So he was somewhat hopeful for the latter, as well.

For now, he could just wait and watch and see and all that good stuff. He didn't really care whether or not Kyle saw him, and he doubted Kyle really cared if he watched, either. And heck, if he did... well, Kyle had recently taken a shower. Let's leave it at that.

Hail to the Crimson

A girl names Mister? And she's the Champion? This... is going to be strange. At the very least, I know where to find her. But in case something goes wrong... Out of the corner of his eye, Kyle noticed the pale man with silver hair spectating from the corner. A cold face hung on him. He must be in the majors. Maybe... Kyle showed some reluctance to go ahead, but decided to do so.

Brushing past Danny, Kyle walked down the hallway again, stopping in front of the man with silver hair. "There's been some foul play. Mr. Taxi's stolen every cent I've got. I'll need some help in getting it back." Kyle looked slightly off to the side. While it wasn't eye contact, it would certainly pass for it by the inattentive.

Jericho, for once, was actually surprised. Not because of the help-asking, but mostly because that was really rather careless of the Champion. Not only stealing coins, but being caught doing it? Really, it was more plausible to him that someone used the illusion ability to disguise themselves. So lucky, getting such sneaktastic abilities... he'd be lying if he said he wasn't jealous. No matter, though. This was clearly the case for a certain HARDBOILED DETECTIVE. As in, certainly not him. But heck, what was the harm in doing a little investigating? If he ran into any staff, he'd report the problem. But for now, it was Taxihuntin' time. Even if it WAS an illusion of some sort, it'd be best to make sure first.

"Hah, fine. Didn't think anybody'd be that bold," Jericho started. "Jericho Moon, currently residing in sixth place. Placed in second during the latest Brawl. Was part of a team with the guy in first. You're in the right hands, kid." He neglected to extend a hand, for fear of freezing his hand off. ...Well, it was good to establish a reputation with the newbies, anyway. Them braggins was totes justified, yo.

"First thing's first; we aren't actually allowed in the champion's room." This was true enough, as far as he was aware. "And waiting in front of the door will be pointless. Her main gig's portals, see." He was aware of this because, like a boss, he actually studied his opponents. There really weren't many options; he didn't think any of the current fighters specialized in locating people. Even he himself mostly relied on mission control for that. And while she couldn't hide forever, she could probably hide those coins for a very long time. Needless to say, it would be best to catch her quickly. But how...?

He let a "Hmm," slip between his lips as he looked upwards, holding his chin in thought. This was a tough case to crack, to be sure. It was purely by chance that his eye happened to catch a security camera.

"Well, we could always head to the security room or whatever. Even if she's in a place without any cams, she'll probably end up moving someplace we can see her eventually."

Hail to the Crimson

"Jericho Moon, currently residing in sixth place. Placed in second during the latest Brawl. Was part of a team with the guy in first. You're in the right hands, kid." That'll be a name I'll remember. Surely this guy knew much more about the Glitz Pit than Kyle did. He would need the help. He couldn't help but note the small awkward pause in communication.

Had people actually looked into his eyes at the time, they would see the iris rotating. A hidden camera, implanted into Kyle's eyes some years ago. They proved very useful. Right now, they detected a small twitch in Jericho's hand. Something about the hands felt cold, like a snowstorm in the middle of January. It is a little cold right now. Could he...? Kyle decided to keep this to himself, though. He didn't want his assistance to become any more suspicious.

Kyle's attention to Jericho's hand was quickly pulled away when Jericho mentioned portals. She uses portals? ****, she could be anywhere! This is close to worst cast scenario... For a moment, some hints of distress lined Kyle's face, but they disappeared just as quickly. Noticing Jericho lift his head, he did the same as well, looking at the security camera.

"Well, we could always head to the security room or whatever. Even if she's in a place without any cams, she'll probably end up moving someplace we can see her eventually." Of course. The security room. If I can watch every corner of the Glitz Pit, then there's no way she can hide. "Sounds like a good plan. We better start moving," Kyle responded. He began to walk down the corridor again, moving in front of Jericho.

Thread Information