Page 1 of 80 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glitz Pit

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

The Glitz Pit

The Glitz Pit

News and Updates: (Glitz Pit 2.31)
    -After the horrifying debacle that is "anytime Meta tries to do an event," everything is more or less back to normal.
    -Roster is significantly trimmed due to people not PMing me about staying in - if you're a former player who's still interested (or if you're just someone whose PM I missed while creating the update), just ask and I can move you out of the Retired list.
    -st0pnsw0p and Aeront have been chosen as our new co-GMs! They'll be helping out in directing and judging some of the fights while I maintain the OP. They will remain in the rankings as regular fighters, but be sure to congratulate both of them before you try to kill them next time.
    Most recent update: September 8, 2014

Spoiler: Change Log (since 2.3 update) 

Contents
    How this thread works.

Character Creation

Arena List

Item Shop

Fighter List

Miscellaneous (Elemental Interactions and Weapons Encyclopedia)

Story
    High above Rougeport floats the city of Glitzville, home of the legendary Glitz Pit, a hall of fame and glory, where only the strong survive. After years of popularity, the arena had gained notoriety across dimensions, and challengers from everywhere gathered together for a chance at fame and fortune. To accommodate this variety, The Glitz itself made a change, allowing fights to take place not only on the famous stage, but in different worlds entirely.

Rules
    1. You must follow all board and forum rules.
    2. You must follow the rules of the thread, and are expected to have the introductory posts in full. I also recommend reading a previous fight to get a sense of the style of writing needed for this RP - it's very detail-intensive, and expect to be combo-broken.
    3. No God-modding - no invincibility, speed hacking, etc, etc. More on this later.
    4. All fights shall be judged personally by me, or by a designated co-GM.
    5. If you are inactive for over 3 days while in a fight without prior excuse (such as travel), it ends in forfeit.
    6. My word is final. Arguing or flaming against a decision will result in a drop in rank.
    8. You may transfer coins, if both parties give me consent through PM.
    9. If you have any questions on rules or suggestions for the thread, I'd prefer it if you PM me instead of cluttering the thread with OoC chat. As it turns out, our local Arena Lords prefer this too.
    10. It's preferred if you can limit OoC chat in general. You may use it to clarify attacks, but otherwise, I'd rather not see it too much. Use PM, VM, or our nifty little group.
    11. All bets on fights must be made within 3 posts of the start of the battle (more on betting later).
    12. Unless otherwise specified, fights end after five days have passed. If for whatever reason I'm not there to stop it, fighters are responsible for either wrapping it up or stopping on the dot after five days.
    15. It's worth checking the news section (at the top) every once in a while for changes.
    16. Ignore the fact there is... almost no story. Make your own if you like.
    17. Everyone who joins gets a free character change item so that if they decide to alter or that they do not like their character, they can swap them out. After the first change you must pay to do so. You also get a free character change every eight months that you are registered as a single character. (subject to change)
    18. Make sure OoC chat is distinct from in character text by using [] or () to surround OoC text, or some similar method such as spoilerboxes.
    19. Please do not edit battle posts. You may make minor changes to clarify, but you must state exactly what is changed if you ever do. (Add "Edit: this part was changed on account of this" so we know you aren't trying to cheat.)
    20. Please use prose form - I'm not a fan of script, and neither are the Arena Lords.
    21. Be polite and have fun. Please.

The Rankings:

Champion:
    Marcus Captain Chilly, Legitimate Businessman (1150 coins, Blizzard)

Major Leagues
    1. Kyle (1200 coins)
    2. Juno (2800 Coins, Ice Cube)
    3. Aria (550 coins, Sunglasses)
    4. Sere (1165 coins, Mirror Shield, Flight Cap x3)
    5. Virlux (250 coins)
    6. Tim (800 coins)

Minor Leagues:
    7. Mr. Taxi (350 coins)
    8. Pelias (200 coins)
    9. Praxus Prime (250 coins)
    10. Jaycee Sharpe (350 coins)
    11. Harp (300 coins)
    12. Vivian and Walker (210 coins)
    13. Brine (325 coins)
    14. Fulgor (900 coins, Thunderbolt)
    15. Marco (260 coins)

Retired Characters:
    Abel (925 coins)
    Spinda (300 coins, Four Pokeballs)
    Kiwi (ALL OF THE COINS [really 665], Mirror Shield, Earmuffs 3/3)
    Spinda again (800 coins, Four Pokeballs)
    Danny (0 coins)
    Jack (550 coins)
    Kirbew (125 coins)
    Heath (1265 coins, Mirror Shield)
    Winstons (650 coins)
    Cerd (225 coins, Bottle)
    Step Lock (1050 coins)
    Merdion (1575 coins)
    Auz (100 coins)
    Harp (200 coins)
    Velon (110 coins)
    Miles (100 coins)
    Kinsley (210 coins)
    Shotaro (915 coins, Mirror Shield, Flight Cap x3)
    Jericho (2395 Coins, Ice Cube)

Registered Matches
    nope

Last edited by Meta-Mind; November 5th, 2014 at 08:02 PM.

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Re: The Glitz Pit

How this Thread Works:

This is the most important part of the intro, so please read this section carefully.

Betting
    Before each match, people may bet coins (the RP's currency) on who they think the winner will be. you may bet up to 50 coins, and you can only bet on ranked matches. Being correct means you win double of what you bet (so 50 coins nets you 100) and losing means you get nothing. You can send me a PM/vm to place a bet

Setting up a match
    Matches can be set up by posting here (in character, of course). A few things need to be included in your post, however. First, you will need to say whether you want it to be a ranking fight, or a practice spar. Spars can still be judged if preferred, but they will not affect the participants rankings, nor will anyone get coins from a spar. Ranked battles will. Before the battle can begin, I will have to be here. I do not have to be here for the whole match, but I'll get into that later. You must also post the arena you wish to battle at in your post. You can either challenge someone specifically, or ask for anyone to fight. When your opponent arrives, they must also submit an arena they would like to fight at. If they are different, I will use an RNG to pick between them.

Match Registration
    On the bottom of the first post, there is a section for registering a fight (max of five slots). If there are any "open" slots, you may sign up for one if your opponent agrees. In order to have your fight scheduled you must have an opponent who agreed, an arena from both of you (if they're different, I will decide randomly), and whether or not it is ranked or a spar. The first five will get the positions. As the fights occur, the slots will close until all of them are finished. This way the same people cannot register again right after their fight, so everyone will have a chance to fight. If you have not fought in a long time, I may allow you to be put on the list in front of another fight.

Beginning a Match
    I must be present for a fight to begin (with some exceptions). I will post any weather conditions that may be taking place, and for the Spear Pillar, its stats will be randomly created and posted for that one match. More details on battle specifics later.

Getting Coins
    So how can you get coins in the first place? Well, by winning battles of course. You can also place bets, but the safest route is battling. When you win a one vs one battle, the winner will receive 100 coins, and the loser will receive a certain amount depending on what happened. If the loser surrenders, they will receive 25 coins. If the loser dies in a battle, they will only receive 10 coins. Details on outcomes of matches can be found below. Coins can be used on unlocking things, buying items to use in battle or for your character, or for placing bets.

Battling
    Alright, this is what you've been waiting for. If you think you have good experience with RP fighting, you can skip this part, but that's not recommended. This will mostly focus on what is allowed, and what it not, namely what is g-modding, and what is not.

G-Modding
    G-modding, or "God-modding," is when you either make your character invincible, or use attacks that are too strong. A definition like that is incredibly vague, so through examples I hope you can understand what is accepted and what is not.

Example of g-modding: Character 1 shoots an arrow so quickly and precisely that it hits the opponent instantly, killing them once it pierces their heart.
    Why?: This is g-modding because the person does not allow the opponent a chance to dodge. Every attack is either dodgeable, defendable, or preventable. (There are occasional exceptions though, such as powerful attacks that occur at point blank range, but these conditions are extremely rare)

Example of g-modding: Character 1 uses water control to manipulate the water inside Character 2 so they become their slave. Alternate ending - They use water control to make the water drain completely out of Character 2, killing them.
    Why?: The first option is g-modding, because controlling another person's character is ALWAYS g-modding. The second is g-modding, because there is no way to stop the water from draining out of their body.

Example of g-modding: Character 1 shoots an arrows at Character 2. Character 2 knocks the bow out of Character 1's hand, preventing the arrow from being shot.
    Why?: Here's a nice rule of thumb for g-modding - any time traveling is prohibited. Character 2 g-modded because the arrow was already shot, but in their post, they acted before it was shot, thus time traveling. Once something happens, it happened and cannot be undone, unless it was g-modding.
    A little more clarification on this in the case of combo breaking: the first distinct action of a previous post is considered to be already in the process when the second post begins. So in the case of the arrow, when the next post starts, the arrow has been fired, and all actions after that begin to occur. combo breaking is complicated, so it's best if I just explain it to you as you guys begin to fight.

Example of g-modding: Character 1 throws a bomb into the core of the planet, which explodes and destroys the entire planet.
    Why?: Another thing to remember is, if you ever try to destroy an entire arena, you'll definitely be called for g-modding. Too much power is required to do that, and in this case, a bomb would probably not even be enough to do it.

I hope now you have a good understanding of what is g-modding. If you have any specific questions, PM me. Keep in mind I have the right to label any attack g-modding, even if it is not specifically mentioned here. Any attacks called for g-modding by me (or judged to have been g-modding by me) will be ignored, and will have no effects on the battle. The person who g-modded can either try again with a different attack, or pass, but any effects from the opponent's previous attack would still happen.

Outcomes of Battles
    In order to win a fight, you must force your opponent to either:
    -Surrender by putting them into a situation they cannot think of a solution to.
    -Call a draw. Draws can be done in PM, and both people participating must agree to it. After, both must post that a draw was agreed upon.
    -Die. I will judge whether or not the character really did die or not. The decision will be final, and all characters will be revived after the battle.
    Note: Surrendering ends the fight immediately, ending any of your chances for winning, but gives our more coins. Fighting until the death increases the chances of you winning, but you will earn less coins if you die.

If a battle is not complete after around a week of fighting, I may judge based on the creativity and strategy used by the fighters.

Ranking
    When you win a battle against someone who is higher than you in the rankings, you will rise in the rankings. If you lose to someone higher, nothing will happen. If you win against someone lower than you, nothing will happen as well. However, if you lose to someone lower than you, your rank will decrease. The exact amount of how much you rise/decrease depends on how far away you were from each other in the rankings, and how well you both fought.

Champion Battles and Being the Champ
    In order to challenge the champion, you must be in first place in ranking. This battle can last for a maximum of 10 pages, rather than 5. Regular rules apply. If you lose to the champion, you must wait one day before rechallenging them. Being the Champ gives you access to the Champion's Room instead of any of the locker room, along with the title of course. If you are in second or third place, you may also go straight to a Champion match if you get specific GM approval.

Fighting Tutorial
    For those of you that would like to see some fighting right now (you know who you are!), the best way is to watch others fight in the thread. However, this should give you a basic idea of what to expect. This version will be a LOT less descriptive than I expect from you.
    Character 1 (C1): C1 flies up in the air, shooting a blast of fire at C2.
    Character 2 (C2): C2 uses his speed to quickly run away and hide behind an obstacle from any other attack that might be coming. (Keep in mind, your character will not know when the other person is going to do something until it already happens.)
    C1: C1 searches around the field for a while, growing weary in the process, looking for C2. She lands after spotting him, and takes out her katana to slash at his waist.
    C2: C2 take advantage of C1's weariness by defending the physical attack with his Master Sword. He parries the attack, with his own slash directed at her head.
    C1: C1 jumps back while lifting off from the ground, but she is not quick enough, and the Master Sword grazes her left leg. Paying little attention to her cut, C1 shoots a fire ball from close range.
    C2: Without much time to think, C2 is hit with the fire ball, and is killed.

I know, the fight is pretty bland, but that's the basic concept of fighting. Remember to be much more creative than this, and yes, the last attack could have been easily countered, but I had to end the tutorial. Do not be afraid to think outside of the box to get out of tough situations, but make sure your solution isn't considered g-modding!

Element Control
    Elements can be manipulated with their corresponding ability. There are two main types of elements, energy and physical. It's easy to distinguish between the two, but they're split up as follows: energy (dark, light, fire, electric) and physical (air, water, ice, earth, plant). It's easy to see why they're split up into these groups, but there is one rule that applies to them. Energy elements are far easier to be controlled by the person creating it, because they are "created" by the fighter and therefore fall under their control more naturally. Physical elements can be more easily controlled by anyone with the ability because they are found naturally on the arena and don't favor any particular fighter. This still applies even if a fighter converts some water to ice or vice versa.

For more details on how elements clash, see the Element Chart down below (NOTICE: changes may be made at any time).

Game Modes

Team Matches
    Simply a battle between two or more teams of players. Team matches are judged in much the same way as normal battles, with victory or defeat being determined based on overall team performance and/or whether or not a team was totally eliminated. Team battles will end automatically after two weeks.

Brawls
    These are all-out, free-for-alls that every member can participate in. They may be announced ahead of time, or they may spontaneously occur for anyone online. These affect the ranking of anyone who participates. Those who do not participate may see themselves drop in ranking as those who did brawl take their spots. The champion can also lose their rank if they are not present at a brawl, and someone does well enough to take their spot. In these, you may use any items, and attack anyone present. The arena that will be fought on will be posted with the announcement for the beginning of a Brawl. Arenas can be already unlocked ones, or totally new ones that will be added to the list following the Brawl. These can be a little crazy, so don't miss any posts, especially those directed at your character! I will most likely be here to end it, so be sure to read each post and not to miss the one ending it! Aside from possibly getting a nice leap up the rankings, there are a lot of coins to be earned from Brawls. The first place winner, judged based on strategy and creativity in attacks, will receive X00 coins. "X" represents the number of fighters who participated in the Brawl. So, if five fighters fought in one Brawl, the winner would get 500 coins! Prizes scale down from there, and vary depending on the number of people involved. You don't want to miss a Brawl, especially if you're the current Champion.

Capture the Flag
    In Capture the Flag, participating fighters are divided into two or more teams and placed into a large arena, which is in turn split up into two individual sides. The goal of each team is to take control of the other team's flag (an indestructible flag on a ten-foot pole) and bring it back across the boundary to their own side. Rewards are then assigned based on number of participants, with the winning team receiving the largest share and the fighter who successfully captured the flag getting the highest reward. Standard Capture the Flag games will be announced at least one week prior to the start of the battle, and signups will be opened at that time. Smaller Capture the Flag matches can also be registered by any group of four or more fighters.

Last edited by Meta-Mind; September 21st, 2014 at 10:49 PM.

Creating a Character

In order to start fighting, you will need to create a character. Here's the form to fill out so you can join. All characters must be of reasonable size - try to keep them between about three to eight feet tall.

NOTICE: You may add any other details you like, as long as you keep this basic info. In fact, it's preferable that you do add more details, so we can get a better sense of your character.

Name: Put the character's name here.
    Username: I know it's right next to your post, but if you put it here it'll be easier to file your character.
    Biography: Tell at least something about the character. Maybe include their history, or why they came to the Glitz Pit. This can include things like age, height, weight, etc. if you want.
    Attribute: Pick ONE attribute from the list below that your character will have.
    Abilities: Pick THREE abilities from the list below that your character will have.
    Weapon: Describe ONE weapon that your character will have. For inspiration, you may check the Weapons Encyclopedia below.
    Signature Move: A signature move can only be performed by your character. It is a move that you think up using your abilities or weapon(s) in a creative way. Signature moves are optional, but can be added to your character at any time. You get 1 to start off with, but may purchase up to 3 using the Item Shop. Give a name to your signature move(s) so you can use that instead of explaining it each fight.

You may also trade out one of your three abilities for an additional weapon, if you so choose. This will not affect your maximum number of abilities or weapons, only the default number you begin with.

Spoiler: Attributes 

Special Abilities

Spoiler: Elements 

Spoiler: Magic-Based Powers 

Spoiler: Mental Abilities 

Spoiler: Physical Abilities 

Spoiler: Soul Abilities 

Spoiler: Status-Based Abilities 

Keep in mind, new attributes and abilities may be added in time.

Last edited by Meta-Mind; October 22nd, 2014 at 06:08 PM.

Arenas

**How to Read this section**

Name:
    First, it will say the name of the arena.

Picture: A picture showing what the arena looks like will be posted, if there is one.

Description: This will explain what type of battlefield it is, and maybe give some background information on where it comes from.

Elemental:
    Don't freak out with the numbers and percents here. Really, there is no math involved, I promise. It's very simple. All elements have a base of "50%" efficiency, meaning any elements not mentioned here are "normal" with 50%. The only ones mentioned are ones that are changed. The numbers are only there for comparison. For example, say two opposite elements, like light and dark, collided. Normally, they would neutralize each other and possibly explode. However, on a battlefield where dark had 100%, and light only had 50%, the dark would rip right through the light. When the difference of percents is greater than 50, the stronger one wins only for opposites. Fire normally melts ice, but if ice had a 50% advantage, it would withstand the fire. On a normal battlefield, fire would melt right through it. It's best not to worry about this too much. Use common sense when thinking what would happen if two elements collided, or PM me if you aren't sure. Also, if there is a 0% for that element, it means it cannot be used there. This usually only happens for elements like water, that require water to be present, in order to be used.

Gravity: The baseline gravity rating is 5. When a battle takes place high off the ground, gravity decreases. As gravity decreases, characters move faster, and flying becomes easier. If gravity is greater than 7, flying is impossible, and if it's higher than 8, jumping is also impossible, keeping everyone on the ground.
    This can also be manipulated or adjusted by a Gravity controller, though the overall rating can only be tweaked by 2, and will take constant energy to maintain.
    Obstacle Rating: This might seem a little confusing too, but it's not. It's just a rating of how many things there are to hide behind around the field. Normally, there's zero, but in some, there may be structures characters can hide behind or use as protection against weaker attacks. For more details or clarification, feel free to PM me.

Weather: Weather simply adds bonuses to elemental attacks. It is decided randomly before a battle if there are weather conditions, or sometimes forecasts are made that might make a certain weather take effect after a while. They just add +25% to some elements. Here's the types and what they do: Rain boosts water, Chilly boosts ice, Hail boosts ice, Sunny boosts light, Haze boosts dark, Hot boosts fire, Thunderstorms boost electric, and Windy boosts air. Again, don't worry too much about exact percents. Just know during a rain storm, it's time to use your water attacks if you have any.

Life: This shows if there are life forms available to manipulate with Soul Minion. the number next to the life form shows how much resistance you will receive while manipulating. 10 is high, 1 is low.

Arenas

Spoiler: Bowser's Endless Stairs 
    Spoiler: Bowser's Platform in the Fire Sea 
    Spoiler: Bubble Breeze Galaxy 
    Spoiler: Cool, Cool Mountain 
    Spoiler: Desert Colossus 
    Spoiler: Dimension D 
    Spoiler: Final Destination 
    Spoiler: Forever Forest 
    Spoiler: Forest Stage 
    Spoiler: Glitz Pit Arena 
    Spoiler: The Glitz Pit Hallways 
    Spoiler: Glitzville Blimp 
    Spoiler: Glitzville Plaza 
    Spoiler: Green Greens 
    Spoiler: Ikana Canyon 
    Spoiler: Lake Hylia 
    Spoiler: Lakebed Temple 
    Spoiler: Lanayru Sand Sea 
    Spoiler: Lost Woods 
    Spoiler: Luigi's Mansion 
    Spoiler: Mario Galaxy Planetoid 
    Spoiler: Neo Star 
    Spoiler: Pac-Man Maze 
    Spoiler: Pallet Town 
    Spoiler: Seafoam Islands 
    Spoiler: Skyloft 
    Spoiler: Skytown, Elysia 
    Spoiler: Space Junk Galaxy (Version 1) 
    Spoiler: Space Junk Galaxy (Version 2) 
    Spoiler: Spear Pillar 
    Spoiler: World that Never Was 

More to be added as we go on. Feel free to suggest new arenas in our group.

Last edited by Meta-Mind; September 21st, 2014 at 10:51 PM.

Item Shop

Spoiler: Battle Items 

Spoiler: Brawl-Only Items 

Feel free to suggest new items, but I reserve the right to veto or edit them as I please.

These "items" are for changing aspects of your character, rather than for actual combat.
    Spoiler: Character Items 

Last edited by Meta-Mind; September 21st, 2014 at 10:51 PM.

Character Profiles

Spoiler: Aria (Inx) 

Spoiler: Brine/Keith O'Connell (BrineBlade) 

Spoiler: Eliza Barnum (Aquinas) 

Spoiler: FULGOR EQUIATURAE TENEYON (Aeront) 

Spoiler: Harp (Mirkwood579) 

Spoiler: Jaycee (Sugar Janelle Epps) 

Spoiler: Juno Cassiopeia (War P. Anda) 

Spoiler: Kyle Cobalt (JasonGuy299) 

Spoiler: Marco Bennet (SockOutTheWindow) 

Spoiler: Marcus Burns (st0pnsw0p) 

Spoiler: Miss Mr. Taxi (Zelos Wilder) 

Spoiler: Pelias (GM_3826) 

Spoiler: Praxus Prime (DarthTalon5) 

Spoiler: Sere (Kiwi) 

Spoiler: Tim (RainbowPopTart) 

Spoiler: Virlux (Luigiguy78) 

Spoiler: Vivian Jones and Walker (Impromptu) 

Spoiler: Retired Characters 

Last edited by Meta-Mind; October 20th, 2014 at 06:21 PM.

Miscellaneous (Elemental Interactions and Weapon Encyclopedia)

Spoiler: Elemental Interactions Chart 

Spoiler: Weapon Encyclopedia 

Special thanks to Link1487 who posted the original form of this RP on a forum that shall go unnamed so many years ago. Thanks as well to Inxplotch, Zelos Wilder, and numerous others who helped to found/GM past versions.

Last edited by Meta-Mind; October 23rd, 2014 at 05:40 AM.

Re: The Glitz Pit (Under Construction once more)

Steve scurried frantically around Suda's office, his passage sending piles of paperwork flying around the room. He yanked open a closet, then pulled back Suda's chair and peered under the desk. As if he could somehow find Suda stuffed into a drawer, Steve frantically tugged at the desk's drawers, sending even more paperwork - and a secret cache of Game Boy games - flying across the room.
    Suda was nowhere to be found, and suffice it to say that Steve was... worried. He had found only a single hint of his GM's presence, stuck to the bottom of Suda's desk: a sticky note with only the words "protect the Gameboy" scrawled across its surface.
    "We have to have a GM... we have to have a GM... he muttered to himself, jumping on top of the desk and trying to peer into an air vent. "We have to have -"
    Steve stopped short as he scurried out the door and ran right into a pair of armored legs. He looked up and squeaked something unintelligible, likely "pleasedon'teatme," before throwing some papers in the tall, masked being's face and squeaking "You're hired!"
    To say the least, Initius was confused.
    Spoiler: OOC 

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

[[ FIRST. Oh my god Meta-Mind has done such a wonderful job with this *clap clap*

I'll edit this with something IC in a bit but I just want to praise him right now for the absolute perfection and effort here. It takes a lot of work to run the Glitz Pit, and this is certainly a big milestone to overcome! Very nice and a big thanks to Meta-Mind for keeping the Pit running! ]]
    [[edit; oh but I do have a signature move I finally decided on its that zone out thing but I will go grab that for you in a sec ]]
    [[edit2; oh and can we bet on games again? If so how much? I need to earn that 1000 coins in a hurry. ;D ]]
    Last edited by 765Bro; September 28th, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
    HAPPY HIBIKI'S BIRTHDAY DAY 2014
    LOVE YA'LL

Hail to the Crimson

Outside the entrance of the Glitz Pit, a teenager in the torn orange jumpsuit of a prisoner stood, staring at the big yellow "GLITZVILLE" hanging above his head. He played with a switchblade in his right hand, alternating between flipping it in the air and twirling it with his fingers.
    "...this is the Glitz Pit?"
    He started to doubt the words of the man who told him this would be a good place to get some cash. It was a big flashy arena, for crying out loud. The kind of place where mindless people watched you on monitors and journalists swamped every corner you passed. This wasn't his territory at all.
    He should be out in the streets, taking jobs for muggings and assassinations. He knew he'd be good at that stuff. I have things nobody else could know. What am I doing here? I could slaughter this entire town one by one, and nobody would even know it was me. He abruptly shook his head. No. I said I'd go legit. I'm not gonna lie to myself.
    Throwing the blade into a makeshift pocket in his uniform, he sighed and stepped through the door. He'd have to ask the management for decent clothes. He and the suit were good acquaintances, but he felt that here, the suit was just dead weight.

(@Bro: All he did was copy paste my thread and change like 3 things :U

Anyway, I'll leave this here, since it's easy to be a player, and I want to experience these shenanigan rulings first hand:

Username: Inxplotch
    Name: Aria
    Attribute: Aura- Dark
    Weapon: Katana
    Abilities: Dark Control, Poison, Soul Minion
    Bio: Aria is a small framed individual with short cropped purple hair and similar violet eyes. She has a pale complexion and is dressed head to toe in ninja gear, with a black mask covering the bottom half of her face.
    Where she comes from is unclear, though she claims to have had some previous connection to the arena.
    Signature Move-Cloak of the Black Demon: When an arena's Dark Energy is at 50% or greater, Aria's aura manifests itself as a gilded black cloak made of pure dark energy. The cloak is automatically infused with Aria's soul, and functions as a living armor that shrouds Aria's body, making her difficult to accurately target with ranged attacks. It also is capable of warding of small blows, depending on the ambient strength of dark energy (50% may stop punches, while 100% may block most basic projectiles and even sword slashes). The cloak can easily be manipulated to take other forms, and will frequently warp itself, acting as a third arm for Aria during combat. Also, being a living entity, the cloak gives her awareness of her immediate surroundings in all directions. (essentially she can see behind her while wearing the cloak)

Signature Move #2-Into the Darkness: While Aria has her cloak on her body (powered by soul minion), She is able to meld into the shadows for a turn, becoming a shadow, herself. During this time, she can freely move across walls and the floor as a shadow. However, she is unable to attack the opponent, nor can she be hit until she returns to her physical form.

I'll also replace my starting coins with a pair of sunglasses.

Bonus: Aria's Big Ol' Book of Super secret techs
    Spoiler: essentially a bunch of signature moves that aren't signature moves 

Inventory: coins, Sunglasses,
    )
    Last edited by Inx; December 7th, 2012 at 07:29 PM.

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

[[ I mostly meant the maps page, which you had left pretty incomplete... ]
    HAPPY HIBIKI'S BIRTHDAY DAY 2014
    LOVE YA'LL

Well, that had been a nice Brawl, ignoring momentous amounts of strange phenomena. It was almost like two unimaginably powerful forces had been tugging at the fabric of reality, of such near-equal strength that it became disastrously torn in a few places, until some champion of justice figured out what exactly should be going on there. But even after such a thing was decided, the cloth still had its tears as a reminder of the golden rule; 'hey don't argue over dumb things'.

...Anyhow. He had... five ninety-five coins now? Sounded good. More importantly, though, he was currently at the top of the minor leagues. Which meant that, if he should so want, he could challenge this 'Cerd' person and take their place! Sounded plenty fine to him. Heck, looking at their profile, they were some sort of water creature. Nothing more easy to freeze. He'd have to find them, first, though. That would be a pain. And he needed a soda, anyway. Also to meet back up with that Spinda guy. He was a bro. Actually, screw soda, that was some dang fine booze.

And then he went to get drunk.

Looking at the rankings, then at his equipment, Abel gave a sigh. The battles of the Glitz pit... they just didn't interest him much any more, and there were events taking place back home that he needed to take care of. After a moment of indecision, he headed for Steve, the beleaguered Shy Guy.

"Hey, Steve. Look, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I need to be going, things back home are tense, and there's other activities I need to pursue. I'll be leaving my coins and gear here, as there's a good chance I'll be back someday... or perhaps a friend will come to take up this particular fight for me. But as is, I'm done."

Dropping off his remaining gear in storage, the reploid walked outside the main building, sending a few commands to a remote server.

"Delta, this is Abel. Initiate Plan Echo, I'm returning home."

*kzzt* Copy that, stand by for teleportation. *kzzt*

And with that, the mysterious reploid vanished from the Glitz Pit.

((So yeah, I'm afraid Abel as a character was becoming less interesting to actually play in fights. The fact is, with the power set and RP restrictions I'd chosen, there was only so much I could do with him beyond standard invisibility/duplicates misdirection and firing the ice beam a few times. Add that onto college starting IRL, and I figured it was best to gracefully retire the character. There's a decent chance I could come back with someone new, we shall see.))
    You know, I looked at my empty signature and figured I'd try to come up with something clever.

I failed.

Step looked at his hooves...wait, these...weren't hooves. Wait...this wasn't Canterlot...this wasn't his bed...this wasn't his world. "...Luna's mane, what's going on?!" He looked at himself...

He attempted to walk...but found walking on fours completely uncomfortable... "...Wait...huh...?" He looked around... "I...what...?" The biped reached into his coat pocket to find an ordinary, standard Conductor's Baton.

By Celestia, what's going on...?! His hooves were these odd, dexterous limbs...he felt much taller, and he felt...naked without some kind of body hair. He felt for a tail, but there was none there...

This, I'll need to get used to.

Spoiler: Hi! 
    Last edited by SBSam; September 29th, 2012 at 06:00 PM.

Steve waddled into the minor leagues locker room, trying to stay away from that creepy plant guy in case he was planning something. Upon seeing a number of new competitors in the room, he scurried out the door, headed off to get some money to hand out. However, he was stopped outside Suda's old office by that android. What was his name... Able? Yeah, something like that.
    "Hey, Steve. Look, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I need to be going, things back home are tense, and there's other activities I need to pursue. I'll be leaving my coins and gear here, as there's a good chance I'll be back someday... or perhaps a friend will come to take up this particular fight for me. But as is, I'm done."
    Before Steve could even say anything in reply, Abel walked off and mysteriously vanished into a portal which appeared in his path.
    Just great... the timid Shy Guy thought. We have about a billion new faces, and a bunch of past fighters have been leaving lately... what would Suda do?
    Suddenly, Steve had an idea.
    A few minutes later, Steve scurried into the Minor Leagues locker room and threw - sometimes literally - each new fighter a money bag with the standard 100 coins. However, just as he was finishing up... some other chick walked in, cloaked in shadow. Steve scurried her way and squeaked "sorry, we don't have any more money right now." After simultaneously cowering in fear and fractically searching his pockets - not an easy feat - Steve came up with a pair of black sunglasses, which he tossed at the new girl.
    A moment later, Steve pulled out some sort of rolled-up poster from under his robe. He scrambled to the top of the lockers like a nimble, red-robed monkey before sticking the sign to the wall near the door.

"BRAWL NEXT SATURDAY," the sign read.

Kiwi.
    Kiwi.

Kiwi.

Kiwi.

Kiwi was there.
    And Kiwi was angry. And an angry Kiwi is not something you want in your arena. You see, Kiwi rarely lost his cool. Sure, he gets excited and boisterous almost every fight, but never truly mad. But today was different. Today... something had happened. He stomped his way down the hall, practically fuming from the ears. He came up upon a certain door.
    He started to bang on the door to Suda's old office, not knowing that he'd left.

"SUDA! I DEMAND THAT YOU OPEN YOUR DOOR TO ME, I HAVE BONES TO BE PICKING WITH YOU, LITTLE MAN...thing? Whatever it is you are, I can't be sure here... BUT POINT IS, I AM ANGRY AT YOU THIS DAY! OPEN UP!"

Step cleared his throat, looking at everyone... "I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR WHAT-Oof!" Okay, Royal Canterlot Voice is ineffective here. Wait...did that weird thing just throw bits at me? He looked in the bag. By Luna's mane, he threw bits at me! I'm not quite sure what to think...except that I do hope that this isn't going where I think it's going.

Russet eyes glanced at the sign... Brawl? What kind of world is this...? I know I've been in fights before, but...

THIS IS PRINCESS LUNA! STEP LOCK, DO YOU-

Augh! The teenager pressed his...whatevers against his head, feeling for some kind of relief... ...Ears are to the side instead of up top...this is so weird!

STEP LOCK! OUR FAITHFUL-

Yes, Princess Luna, I hear you! Now please...voice.

...Right. We believe Discord has sent you to another dimension...please, I beg of you, be safe and be careful. You...certainly look different.

I'm not quite sure...but please, if it's not too much trouble...get me a way back. Please.

We are trying...but Discord has been running amok. I fear our concentration must be focused on fighting him. Best of luck, Maestro. And with that, Luna's voice was purged from Step's mind.

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

Virlux woke up in the minor league locker room suddenly. What had happened to him? Then it all came back. He had been bombarded by attacks consisting of plants and darkness, a double team, and it had been a nightmare. On top of that he felt like the arena was sapped of almost all light. These were things he would need to learn to handle if he was going to face his old master again because the odds would most likely not be in his favor. As Virlux got up from the bench he was laying on he saw several new people walk in. “Why are we suddenly getting so many new people?” Virlux thought. Virlux continued to watch as the shy guy they called Steve handed the new fighters coins and put up a sign that said “Brawl on Saturday.”

Virlux almost groaned, but then he realized that this was a good way to redeem himself and learn from his mistakes from the last brawl. First he would need to find an ally, something he was definitely lacking during his last fight. Virlux walked out of the locker room and passed by the shop and saw a sign posted that said “All dual-wielding fighters are being given a free new ability.”

“A new ability, huh?” Virlux thought. He walked into the shop and into a room in the back where a list of skills were listed. As Virlux skimmed through the list and saw the word Darkness. The word sickened Virlux, darkness had killed his friends and almost killed him. It was the very thing that Virlux strived to defeat, so he ignored the word and continued to skim the list until he found what he was looking for. “Yes, they have it; quick strike.” Virlux grabbed the instructions on how to learn the skill and left the shop. As Virlux walked through the hallways of the Glitz Pit he read the instruction booklet.

Step 1: Enter a deep state of concentration
    Step 2: Once in deep state of concentration focus on your goal
    Step 3: Continue to focus on your goal for as long as possible to ensure highest possible speed.
    Step 4: Release your concentration into an extremely fast attack that will surely destroy your…

Before Virlux finished reading he bumped into something, except it wasn’t a something but a someone. Virlux looked up and saw a knight in armor who was bigger than himself; this knight was surely a powerful man. Then an idea came to Virlux. The knight was strong and had heavy armor, but was slow; while Virlux wasn’t as strong and didn’t have as heavy armor, but was a bit faster. They would be perfect teammates in a brawl because they could cover each other’s weaknesses.

“Excuse me my fellow armored fighter, but would you be interested in teaming up with me in the upcoming brawl? Also could I have your name?”

(Oh yeah I'm talking to Fulgor Aeront. I don't know if I made that clear enough.)
    Last edited by Luigiguy78; September 29th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

It Was A Good Run, Guys: I Have A Skype If You Want To Stay In Touch, But So Long BitF Aeront's Avatar

Fulgor pulled himself off the Major League bench, a minor headache coursing through his head. Ever since his rise to the Major Leagues, he had felt as if he was stuck in some sort of rutt, that his foes were too powerful for him to stand a chance against. After doing some further reasearch into his electric powers (it seemed having a firm grasp on the powers and restrictions that his electric powers had was vital in combat), he decided to walk around a bit and see if anyone inspired him to battle.

Upon entering the Minor League locker room, Fulgor was shocked to see the place filled with new recruits. There was some sort of Shiekah-esque woman, a man who seemed as crafty, deadly, and underhanded as a Garo, and some fool who seemed almost as confused simply walking around as Jack used to. Speaking of Jack, where was he?

And to add to all of this, there was a small notice on the door; it seemed there was to be a brawl soon. Fulgor clenched his sword tightly in his hand. He had been a weaker being during his last brawl, and had missed the latest one. Maybe this grand battle would be just the boost he needed.

As he strolled aimlessly around the pit for a bit, trying to think of how he could effectively combat the warriors he already knew of, Fulgor absent mindedly stumbled into a fellow warrior. He took a second to collect what he knew of the fighter: a light user who used double blades. The armored man's name suddenly came to him: Virlux. He liked it, it reminded him of the names his fellow Darknuts used to have. As these thoughts ran through his head, Fulgor heard the man begin to speak.

“Excuse me my fellow armored fighter, but would you be interested in teaming up with me in the upcoming brawl? Also could I have your name?”

Pondering the idea for a second, he responded, "Alright then, my friend, we shall become partners! I am Fulgor Equiaturae Teneyon, but most everyone simply refers to me as Fulgor. Now come my friend, you and I must discuss battle tatics."

Step glanced around, trying to get used to his new form, trying to walk... ...This is difficult... He gripped his baton... What...?! No magic...?! You're kidding me...I'm supposed to fight like this...?! He started to panic a little, looking around... This is insane! They honestly can't expect me to survive here, do they?! They only reason I've lived is because of the baton's magic and that...that... He let out a sigh, trying to get used to his hoof replacements... ...Well, what else can I do? Idly conducting, he felt a strange force...down, left, right, up...was he generating control over wind?

He began to conduct batonless...indeed; he had wind control, feeling the air move between his fingers like grains of sand going deep into his...mane... Wait a second... He felt up top... Oh, thank Celestia. I'm not bald. Indeed, his jet black crew-cut style hair was sticking just as well as his tuxedo. Gotta hand it to Discord...if anything, he knows my preference of clothing well. When I find out what's waiting for me when I wreck this place, and get back home...I swear, if he's not smashed when he's in stone, I'll make sure of that...

He idly began to form balls of air, flicking them around and testing his skills... ...This is so weird...without my baton's magic, I don't have any way to fight powerfully...I just hope I can be of use to someone...maybe I should partner up with someone! He looked around... At least, I need someone I can trust here. I hope...really hope that somepony else is here. Otherwise, my...odd mannerisms might seem to be more alien than normal.

A windy day in the Glitz pit, perfect for flying in. A man wearing light armor steps on to the floating platform and walks inside. He sees an office and walks towards it, once inside he sees Steve the shy guy. "Hey Steve!" (That is a reference to something, if you get hooray!) The shy guy looks up and sees a familiar face. It's Danny, and he's back at the glitz pit. "Oh I'm not here to join the ranks again, I actually would like a job! I've come here to help train new fighters, so that they don't mess up in their first real fight. Of curse, I guess I'll still need to be in the ranks to actually gain more money, I'm only gonna charge 50 coins per fight, and I don't really know if people will actually ask for my help, what with my track record for fights and all." Danny looks down, with a disappointing look on his face, remembering what happened the last time he was here. "But I'm here now! So I'll just sign whatever it is you need me to and go to the locker room or something." Danny signed several papers, after handing them to Steve, he left and headed towards the locker room. When he arrived, he saw the post talking about the brawl. "A brawl! Awesome, now's the perfect chance to show my new skills! And if Fulgor is still here, I can finally make it up to him! Space can't stop me now!"
    Last edited by ultrakirby64; September 30th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

As Virlux finished asking his question the knight said "Alright then, my friend, we shall become partners! I am Fulgor Equiaturae Teneyon, but most everyone simply refers to me as Fulgor. Now come my friend, you and I must discuss battle tactics." Virlux was about to respond when he saw the doors to the Glitz Pit open and a man who looked to be a young adult walk in. “It must be another new fighter, we’ve been getting a lot lately.” Virlux thought. The fighter began to walk towards them and when Virlux got a good look at his face he almost gasped and said to himself “Danny.”

Fulgor looked at him and said “What did you say?” Virlux had to think fast he couldn’t believe that he had let it slip. He had almost given away an important clue to the old fighters about his identity. “I said a new fighter.” Virlux told Fulgor. “Maybe we can let him into our alliance. What do you think?”

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

Hail to the Crimson

The boy in orange suit had managed to enter the Minor Leagues locker room without many people noticing. A good thing, too. He didn't trust any of these other... alien fighters. If he was going to win, he'd have to avoid falling for any of their tricks and figure out their mannerisms first.

He approached the fifth locker to the right and wrenched the door open without a word. The facilities are in poor condition. Just like in prison. My home territory. Inside was a set of clean clothes. He reminded himself to change into these prior to his next fight.

And then a bag of gold beaned him in the back of his head.

"HEY!" He turned around, left fist in the air, right in his pocket around his knife. But there was no threat. He looked down to see the money bag on the ground. Interesting. A bonus simply for joining. None of the other fighters seemed to notice him, thankfully. The last thing he needed was to be marked by the others right now.

Throwing the money in his locker and grabbing the half-fresh clothes, the boy hit the showers, saying nothing.

s Danny sat in the locker room, he had to think about his next move. "Hmm, all these new guys, and none of them need help. How am I supposed to get a business running like this!?" Danny looked through all the new recruits and noticed one in particular. He seemed to not be able to even walk properly. "How did he get here like that?" The strange man started messing with the wind like he could. "He's perfect! Same power as me, which means easier to help train!, Plus since he can't even walk right, he'll have to accept my help!" Danny walked up to the man and spoke in a convincing voice. "Excuse me sir, but you seem to not have very good balance, and you don't seem to know much about your skills. If you'd like, I could help train you? We seem to have the same ability, so I could help you master it. Why with my help, I could make so you might survive in this place! Of course, there will be a small fee for my services though." Danny gave a welcoming smile and waited for the man to respond.

Thread Information