Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roselia's Art and Plushies

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

Re: Mayaaaaa's Art and Other Random Stuff

I’ve come to the conclusion that there is not nearly enough Trauma Center (and Trauma Team!) in this thread. I only know one other Trauma Center fan here, so I’m on a quest to find more!

Spoiler: Trauma Center art 

Spoiler: Other art 

I hope you liked it. ^^ Also, I now have the felt to make my Meloetta plushie, but it’s literally been too cold to hold a needle, and it’s not practical to sew with gloves on! XD I’ll get around to it as soon as I can, and I’ll put up the pattern too, so you can make it too if you want to.

And OH MY GOODNESS MY DADDY NOTICED MY ART AND INSTALLED PHOTOSHOP ON MY LAPTOP! Yay! Now I don’t have to wait for my turn on the family computer when I want to colour. This means MORE ART!

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

Sadly, the stupid internet filter is blocking most of your drawings.

But what I can see is amazing! Your drawing style is very unique, (in a good way) and you are really good at drawing proportions and perspective correctly.
    My favorite would probably have to be the Rosalina drawing. The shading and background are fantastic, and I can tell you put a lot of effort into this drawing. Plus, I like Mario Galaxy, so it's like a win-win-win!
    Spoiler: [SEIZURE WARNING?] ==> 

Hey there! It's been a while since I've seen this thread, and I'm liking the new stuff quite a bit.

I think your faces are looking very good-- I really like Rosalina's and the two in the first Trauma center picture. Big, shiny eyes-- they suit your style quite well. The hair is also impressive, especially with your nice crisp line art. I really love your little self portrait, too-- very, very cute.

I also wanted to mention that you're doing a great job with the shading in your digital art-- it's simple, but effective, and complements the shape of the subjects well, even the hair, which I find quite difficult to make convincing. I really like the way you used it in the Rosalina picture-- it gives it a stylized, spacey feel.

IMO, your faces are definitely the best parts of your art, but looking at some of the full body pictures, like Angie's and Rosalina's, I'm liking your figures as well. The only torso that really made me do a double take was Naomi in the last TC picture-- I'm not exactly what the pose is supposed to be, but it looks quite awkward, especially the shoulders and the hand, which looks like it should be a left hand rather than a right. As for the hair, though, it looks fine to me.

Lastly, I think the smile in the CR-S01 looks fine, if a little smirkish, it's really the eyes that makes the expression seem so dark-- I feel half closed eyelids are a very strong facial expression, suggesting shiftiness, sleepiness, or boredom. Perhaps you were going for one of those, though.

Oh, and congratulations on getting Photoshop! I hope it makes drawing that much more fun, and I look forward to what it has in store!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

@Auz, I'm glad you liked the Rosalina one! I was quite proud of it too.

@Farbeitfromme, Thanks! I feel I've improved quite a bit from when I first posted pictures here. I did think something was weird about Naomi's hand but I couldn't put my finger on what it was. I get it now; it was meant to be a left hand, but I forgot about the position of her left arm... I might change that later, so thanks for pointing it out!

With CR-S01's eyes I was trying to copy how they look in official art (but I still didn't get it right):

He has a slightly odd eye shape- I suppose they're thinner than how I drew them, and they curve a bit. I probably should have stuck to his normal serious expression because he's not really a smug or shifty character.
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; January 29th, 2013 at 11:31 AM.

Wowzers you have some talent! Especially the plushies. Dang, if I could sew like that....

You may have inspired me to start doing my own artsy stuff. I've been neglecting it lately.

Seriously though, you could totally do commission plushies! Or maybe you already are? I dunno.
    Keep it up!
    LOOK AT MY GLORIOUS TUMBLR

"A dark time is coming for our legal system..."
    Dream Address: 5400-2464-2898
    Art Thread!

Hey guys! I haven’t posted anything here for a while. This time I’m going to put my new pictures in the order I drew them. From this post you will see how much I’ve come to love using colouring pencils!

Spoiler: stuff 

...Also, I should get the title of this thread changed to match my new username I think.

'CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEL~~

Re: Butterfly's Art and Plushies thread

KYAAA WOW your plushies and your art is amazing!!
    I am in love with the one you made of N, as you know
    As for the art (on paper), my favourite has to be the pirates or Haruhi (her eyes are beautiful). The ace attorney ones (on the computer) are fantastic and hilarious (Edgeeeey~~)
    And honestly, I think you have talent in art and your colour is also great. In addition, your drawing style is so cute!! Seriously it is really cute and refreshing!
    Well done and keep going!

Thanks ScarHeartx!
    but you could have just told me at school you know :P

Anyway... Hehe, I’ve come down with what my friend calls “chibi syndrome” and now I can’t draw anything but chibis!

Spoiler: pictures 

I’m also aware that the first post on this thread is getting rather long… I think I’m going to go through it and organise it a bit, and probably remove some of the older pictures that aren’t as good. I also need to draw more male characters! XD

Spoiler: I quickly drew this because I was bored. 

Sorry, I haven’t had much time for drawing recently, and I seem to have lost any skill I had because of my exams! So here’s yet another picture of
    Rosalia
    from Trauma Team. This time I drew her for my Tumblr avatar.
    Also this is the first picture I’ve drawn and coloured entirely using a pen tablet and Photoshop.
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; July 10th, 2013 at 01:37 AM.

I'm really liking the plushies you have on the first page! They're very cute!

Good stuff!
    ~Graphically Minded~

Hey, Butterfly! I knew it was about time I stepped back into this topic.

Looking at everything new, I have to agree with you that you've improved quite a bit! I'm especially liking your colored pencil stuff, particularly the Pokemon (Snorlax looks adorable, and I'm impressed by the effect of the consistent stroke directions in the Volcarona picture)-- You're doing a great job with them, the colors and shading look very good.

Of course, your digital art has gotten better too. the outlines are straighter and cleaner, and your shading is well defined and consistent. I'm quite taken with the picture in your latest post, it combines the best of those aspects, and it looks great, especially the hair and eyes-- a nice beginning to art made exclusively on the computer! I'm also really impressed with the picture of the Pokemon Black and White characters-- The high contrast shading has a neat effect, and I think the bodies are among the best I've seen from you.

In terms of detail, I can see you're getting some good practice with clothing-- both on paper and off! I can really see the effort you put into making your pirate characters' outfits authentic, I know how that kind of visual research goes. In general,think your striking a good balance between keeping some loose cloth straight and simple and adding folds in other places-- Good examples of this, I think, are the outfits on Black and White characters and Lynne's jacket. Beyond that, your textiles project is impressive, and if I may say so, it looks good on you. On a related note, the new cat plushie looks awesome-- the shape seems just about perfect!

If I were to dredge up a point of criticism, I guess it would be that the necks are still a little wide in some of your pictures, like the new Maya and Alyssa, and a little long in others, particularly Lynne and your pirate OCs. Neither is the case in your most recent pictures, though-- I think the necks look just about right in those, as far as I can tell, so you probably are aware on that point. Beyond that, though, there's not really much wrong worth mentioning, unless you want me to get nitpicky.

Anyway, I wouldn't get too discouraged about having a little hiatus. I understand how falling out of practice is, but I don't think you'll lose skill because of it. I find that after warming up a bit after a long break, most of my ability comes back fairly readily, so don't worry. I think for me, the biggest issue about restarting after a break is to get to the point that I'm having fun with it again. Hopefully, when you do get back to drawing, that'll return quickly!

Thanks for posting that latest here, and I look forward to stopping by again!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

@Kapus: Thank you very much ^.^

@Farbeitfromme: Thanks! I've really been getting into drawing different clothes recently, partly because I had to do a lot of designing for my Textiles course (which I might upload here another time when I get them back from school), and partly because I've gotten more interested in fashion! As for my final textiles product, well it could be better, but I'm pleased I managed to use quite a few decorative techniques on it (and the model in the photograph is actually my sister, but thanks anyway!).

As for the too long and wide necks, yes I did notice them, but it was a few weeks after I drew the pictures. It happens a lot-- I draw a picture that I'm proud of, and look at it again a few weeks later to notice mistakes. Still, thanks for also pointing it out; it's definitely something I need to bear in mind and work on. And to be honest, since my exams finished I have been doodling a lot, but most of my doodles are incomplete or too bad to put on here...

Also, thank you for taking the time to write all these long replies. They help me a lot and I really appreciate it.

So, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies has been released in Japan! I haven’t drawn AA fanart for a while, so here’s a quick doodle of Trucy to illustrate how I feel right now. Maybe I’ll colour it later.

WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET KCrules's Avatar

D'aww! Trucy is absolutely adorable (I'm looking forward to the game... and PL vs. AA if it ever comes to North America, but that has nothing to do with your drawing)!

If I were to make any critiques, I would say that you could move her left eye (the winking one) a tiny bit closer to the nose. It feels somewhat jarring to me to see that eye so far away from the nose compared to the other eye.

But otherwise I don't really have much to say beyond that it's an absolutely adorable picture!
    “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development." - C. S. Lewis

Very cute! I like it!
    ~Graphically Minded~

@Kcrules: Thank you! I see what you mean about the eye, and I tried to correct it in my coloured version, but I'm still not sure if it looks 100% okay (and yes I really hope PL vs. AA gets a western release too, in Europe as well since that's where I live xD).

@Kapus: Again, thank you very much!

So here's the coloured version:

Last edited by Twisted Roselia; July 26th, 2013 at 03:28 PM.

Wow! It's amazing how much the color makes the picture come to life!

I really like both versions of the picture, it's very cute and easy on the eyes.
    The shading looks amazing, too!
    (I've never understood how people can get the coloring of scanned drawings to look so good.)

Anyways, job well done! Continue drawing.
    Spoiler: [SEIZURE WARNING?] ==> 

WE'RE STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET KCrules's Avatar

Yep, the eye looks a lot better. I'm not sure if it's 100% ok (I have problems of eye positions in drawings myself), but it no longer feels particularly jarring to me.

I just love how clean your coloring and shading looks! I once attempted to digitally color in a scanned picture... let's just say it didn't look nearly as good as this... (No use in self-pitying! Just need to try again).

Anyways, keep up the good work!
    “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development." - C. S. Lewis

i am embarassed by my actions

Trucy is a cute character but she should never be able to disturbingly direct the plotline in chapter 2

Good job! I'd love to see a Missile plushie. (Ghost Trick)

@Banjo(Auz): Thank you! The hardest thing in my opinion is outlining the scanned picture on the computer because I find it hard to draw straight over the original picture, even using a tablet. But after that the colouring's pretty easy and I just go with my instinct on shading. It did take me some getting used to-- the first scanned pictures I coloured digitally were horrible. XP

@Kcrules: Thanks, again. I'm glad you think the eye is better! And the first picture I ever scanned and coloured digitally was really bad, but I think I've come a long way and still have a long way to go. The most we can do is just keep practicing!

@Zerokk: I know, and that case was disturbingly obsessed with Trucy's... undergarments xD. But thanks! Making a Missile plushie to go with the Ghost Trick cat plushie is a great idea. But using felt wouldn't look fluffy enough and finding some acrylic fur fabric that's the right colour and not too expensive might be hard.

Also I've organised the first post of this thread a bit. I've gotten rid of some older pictures and sorted the rest using thumbnails.

Here's a couple of pictures:

Spoiler: Naomi Kimishima... 
    Basically this was just a bit of fun. I like doodling Naomi in random situations when I get bored (she's my favourite character), and this just... happened. xD

Spoiler: Zelda 
    I haven't drawn much Zelda fanart in a while, and when I saw itsameluigi's Goddess Zelda on his art thread, it inspired me to draw my own. I tried experimenting with some different brushes in Photoshop for the shading, and really like how it turned out. I might try colouring more pictures in this style in the future.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Here's a couple of pictures:

Spoiler: Naomi Kimishima... 
    Basically this was just a bit of fun. I like doodling Naomi in random situations when I get bored (she's my favourite character), and this just... happened. xD

Spoiler: Zelda 
    I haven't drawn much Zelda fanart in a while, and when I saw itsameluigi's Goddess Zelda on his art thread, it inspired me to draw my own. I tried experimenting with some different brushes in Photoshop for the shading, and really like how it turned out. I might try colouring more pictures in this style in the future.
    @The Zelda pic: Showoff :P

No but seriously, great work! I'll probably redo my Zelda later when I have time, though it STILL won't be as good as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    @The Zelda pic: Showoff :P

No but seriously, great work! I'll probably redo my Zelda later when I have time, though it STILL won't be as good as yours.
    Thank you! (And honestly, your Zelda was good too )

I've been really obsessed with Trauma Center lately, so I tried colouring a couple of Trauma Center characters how I coloured Zelda:

Last edited by Twisted Roselia; August 21st, 2013 at 04:47 AM.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Thank you! (And honestly, your Zelda was good too )

I've been really obsessed with Trauma Center lately, so I tried colouring a couple of Trauma Center characters how I coloured Zelda:

First dude looks like something that people would fangirl over. :O But anyway great job on both pics!

Thread Information