Page 264 of 357 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274314 ... LastLast
Results 6,576 to 6,600 of 8917

Thread: Pokemon Discussion Thread

Re: Pokemon Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bucken-Berry View Post
    Yanmegas represent up in this house. Can I get a what-what?
    I wonder what MegaYanmega would be like (Japanese: MegaMegayanma). Or MegaMeganium, while we're at it.

Now sending file "tyranitar_sandstorm.bke" Bucken-Berry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    You forgot Diglett with Slash + Fury Swipes.
    Well with Diglett I like to think that its claws are hidden, not non-existent. Plus, Diglett's pokedex calls it a mole, and moles do indeed have claws. With Wooper we can very clearly see it doesn't have arms. I guess we can only assume it'd use its tail for Ice Punch.

Also, as for MegaMegaYanma, if it actually exists I'd hope they'd just ever so slightly raise it's SpecD so that it'll be less of a glass canon. Can't see it getting a better ability than Speed Boost or Tinted Lens though.
    Brawl: 2793-5866-7066
    White 2: 1464 4342 6887
    Diamond: 2364 6969 3752
    Black: 1893 1040 7122
    MKWii: 2965-8537-1459
    3DS: 0044-2803-6292
    Dream Suite (AC):5600-2360-9411 (updates everyday!)
    Be sure to check out: Rare Gamer Forums!

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Megayanmega? If it were to happen, drop that flying type and give it the dragon type it deserved. Smells like victory to me.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    Megayanmega? If it were to happen, drop that flying type and give it the dragon type it deserved. Smells like victory to me.
    Makes sense, seeing as how the Fairy type is making it so that Dragons can be more common early on in the game.

Yanmega losing its double weakness to Rock and Electric would be heavenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucken-Berry View Post
    Makes sense, seeing as how the Fairy type is making it so that Dragons can be more common early on in the game.

Yanmega losing its double weakness to Rock and Electric would be heavenly.
    What? I don't think Yanmega has a double weakness to Electric, just a normal weakness.
    Spoiler: Pokemon Stuff 

Froze before the mighty Ice Gym and won!
    Swept Keeby's gym like a broom!

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

He means that dropping the flying type would give the dragonfly less of a rock and electric weakness. A bug/dragon type would be nice to see but I'm not wishing for it to be on Yanmega considering how powerful Tinted Lens Bug Buzz is on it - I can see Tinted Lens Dragon Pulse to be even more devastating because nothing can truly "resist" it.

Unless there're more Fairy/Steel types aside from Mawile, assuming Fairy also resists Dragon. You need a 4x resist to negate the effect of that blasted ability and that's what really made it so useful (and limited on such few pokemon). Imagine that ability on something like Tyranitar.

I know someone's going to bring up Pure Power Mawile in response to this (or speed boost blaziken) but we already knew Speed Boost Blaziken was extremely powerful since it massively remedied the one problem Blaziken has, and Pure Power Mawile as shown with previous calculations doesn't really scare me unless it gets more powerful moves to utilize like around 100 BP or more. As of now, Mawile's strongest most viable attacks are around 80 base power.
    Last edited by Eltrotraw; September 5th, 2013 at 05:32 PM.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggy View Post
    What? I don't think Yanmega has a double weakness to Electric, just a normal weakness.
    Yeah that's what I meant, no DOUBLE weakness to electric, but gaining the dragon typing will make it lose the weakness all together.

The added resistances that come with the Dragon type would kinda help compensate for Yanmega's poor special defense.

Do keep in mind that the Mega Evolutions have been "confirmed" to do stat increases as well (which kinda makes Mewtwo more intimidating than it was before). While I'd like to believe that they wouldn't let a Tinted Lens Dragon/Bug Yanmega get away for reasons explained above, they do have Mewtwo and Blaziken in the pipeline so that's a questionable hope to keep up. They could just give it some other ability, but that might be getting too hopeful about things.

I would still like to see more reveals about new pokemon rather than more Mega Evolutions though.

Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Clobberin Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    I would still like to see more reveals about new pokemon rather than more Mega Evolutions though.
    Haha, no.

Next week, there's supposedly a new Mega Evolution for Mewtwo. Serebii reported that from Pokémon Smash where the weird egg-shell transformation for Mewtwo gets quickly covered up for some reason.

...But yes, I miss seeing actual new Gen 6 Pokémon.

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

I actually don't mind that they're showing Mega Evolutions instead of new Pokemon. This keeps the regional Dex a secret while also giving us new info.

Still, its about time they formally announce Ooroto and we did catch a glimpse of a new, Llama-like Pokemon...

Clobberin Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Doofenshmirtz View Post
    I actually don't mind that they're showing Mega Evolutions instead of new Pokemon. This keeps the regional Dex a secret while also giving us new info.

Still, its about time they formally announce Ooroto and we did catch a glimpse of a new, Llama-like Pokemon...
    I fear that the whole dex of new Kalos Pokémon are just the ones they've showed. We haven't seen the NORMAL evolutions for the starters, so there's hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I fear that the whole dex of new Kalos Pokémon are just the ones they've showed. We haven't seen the NORMAL evolutions for the starters, so there's hope.
    I doubt it.
    Even taking into account all the revealed Pokemon and possible evolutionary lines, thats less than 40 new Pokemon in total.
    Even assuming that Mega Eolutions do count as Pokemon in the new Dex, this would make it the generation with less new Pokemon introduced, even less so than Diamond and Pearl.
    Pokemon only tends to reveal about a third of their Pokedex before it launches (well, this is not a fact but its a tendency I've noticed) so I'm not too worried.

Diesel staring menacingly from the background EmpoleTRON's Avatar

I have the strange feeling that most of the Mega Evos that are non-Kalos(All of them right now) will be aftergame content as well as their pre-evos meaning I wont get my Mawile . Of course the Kanto Trio have been announced in game so that's a start of the Kalos Dex having other-gen Pokes. As well as Sylveon,the Golurk and Roselia Statues seen in the early trailers hopefully prove more variety of other gen Pokes.

Also Dialga Gamestop Event ends today

Come to my Art Thread! How about my Tumblr?
    Spoiler: Enter at your own risk 

"We won't ask you to love us." Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Going back to the past for a while, I finally unlocked the Dodrio Tower in Pokemon Stadium. To celebrate this I decided to do a play through Pokemon Yellow (again?). Yellow is kinda mysterious for me, I can't remember buying nor getting this game as a present. It's just there.

Anyway, got the last badge yesterday and the only thing left now is training and fighting the E4. I also skipped the S.S. Anne and, what's probably the worst part of the game, Rock Tunnel. Yay. As for my team, this is it:
    Spoiler: Criticals. Criticals everywhere. 

I also have a little trouble deciding on what to do next.
    After beating the E4 in Yellow, I plan on doing a solo run through Pokemon White but I can't decide on a Pokemon. It's either Eevee, Vulpix or Zorua. Eevee is the cutest (which probably the worst movepool out of those three), Vulpix has the best movepool (and is cute as well) and I've never used a Zorua before (also cute). The problem with Zorua is that it has a mostly physical movepool, yet a far better Sp. Attack stat that's being wasted then, unless when bred with Extrasensory, which I don't want to do for a solo run. Eevee also has a nice ability with Adaptability, while Zorua's is useless for a solo run. Vulpix's doesn't seem useful for in-game as well.
    With that having said, which one do you guys think I should use?
    Spoiler: 3DS code and other stuff 

You should do Zorua. It seems the most interesting out of the three to do a speed-run, and seeing as how you've never used a Zorua before it'd be great. Just my suggestion, though

As for the team in Yellow... I'd go with Buttercup. Never know when those status affects will help throughout the gauntlet.
    “Every story begins with a sentence. Every sentence, a word. Every word, a letter. Such is the manner of life. We start as the smallest child and become warriors, lords, kings, and Emperors. Yet we must remember our roots, as a sentence knows it is just a large combination of letters.” - Hijek (From a novel I'm writing)

I'm not doing a speed-run, just a solo run with Eevee, which I've already started. I would've done Zorua, but Eevee+Adaptability=cute killing machine (at least ingame) As for Yellow, I can't fight the E4 right now, I have to keep all my Pokemon ~50 because of Pokemon Stadium and I want to get at least an Alakazam for this. If their levels turn out too high, I can't use them anymore. It kinda sucks that there's no auto-scaling.

But speaking of Zorua, did anyone here use Zorua/Zoroark ingame? And if so, how does the AI react towards Illusion? Do they get fooled or do they know that it's a fake?

In other news, this month's CoroCoro leaks are now on Serebii, including new Pokemon. There's also the new Mega Evolution of Mewtwo, which is Psychic/Fighting. The Mewtwos are version exclusive. The old pure Psychic Mega Mewtwo being Y exclusive and the newly revealed Psychic/Fighting being exclusive to X. Also Mega Garchomp.
    It seems that the Nidoran family isn't the only one with a huge gender difference anymore. A newly revealed Pokemon has an entirely different movepool (and appereance) depending on the gender. The female being offensive and the male being more of a supporter. All in all, I'm really liking all the new Pokemon. It seems to be one of the best generations design wise so far, at least for me.

What's interesting is that the leaker also said that Steel will lose its resistance aginst Dark and Ghost-type attacks. But this is unconfirmed as of now.

Edit:
    Starter evolutions revealed. Not a fan of Chespin's, the other one are alright. Froakie's is kinda funny looking. Now let's watch Fennekin's final form be another Fire/Fighting with the twig in its tail turning into a sword.
    ...I probably shouldn't even joke about this.
    Last edited by Taigiry; September 11th, 2013 at 05:38 AM.

CoroCoro has started to leak!

First up, Evolutions for the starters!
    Spoiler: big picture 

Their names are Gerogashira, Teerunaa, Hariboogu and all are single typed. Gerogashira knows Bounce, Chespins evo knows Mud Shot and Fennekins knows Psycho Cut.

Next up, Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Garchomp
    Spoiler: big pictures oh &&&& 

Mewtwo will have two Mega Evolutions, his Mega Stones (the Mewtwonite X and the Mewtwonite Y) exclusive to each version. Mega Mewtwo X will be Psychic Fighting and Mega Mewtwo Y will be just Psychic. Mega Mewtwo X has the Steadfast ability, Mega Mewtwo Y learns Hypnosis. Mega Garchomp gets the Sand Force ability.

More new Pokemon!
    Spoiler: big pic 

Torimian is the white dog we saw in the Pokemon Direct. It is Normal type and has the Fur Coat ability, which reduces damage from Physical attacks. His appaerance can be changed apparently.
    Chigosaru is a Rock/Dragon Pokemon who has the new ability Hard Jaw, which augments the damage of Bite attacks.
    Amarusu is Rock/Ice and has the Freeze Skin ability, which turns all Normal type attacks into Ice-type attacks and augments the power of them.
    Nyaonikusu is a Cat Pokemon that has Gender Differences. The difference even goes as far as their movepool, with female being offensive-oriented and male being support. It can have either Miracle Eye as an ability or Infiltrator.

and lastly, Fairy-type match-ups.
    According to this, Fairy is Super Effective on Fighting, Dark and Dragon and not effective on Fire, Poison or Steel. It also states that it is weak to Poison and Steel while resists Fighting, Dark and Bug. It is immune to Dragon.

Steel lost its resistance to Dark and Ghost.
    [UNCONFIRMED]all Pseudo Legendaries (sans Hydreigon) getting Mega Evolutions.

The new updated Type Chart:
    Spoiler: pic big 

Circle is for Super Effective, Triangle is for Not Very Effective, X is for Immune.
    Last edited by Doofenshmirtz; September 11th, 2013 at 06:03 AM.

Spoiler: And Steel losing its resistance to Dark and Ghost is now confirmed. 
    Well, that's interesting for sure. I mean, I never understood why Steel resists these types to begin with, but still, it is intended to be the ultimative defensive type.

Psychiatrist to the Video Game Stars Guybrush20X6's Avatar

I don't understand how Mega evolutions are distributed. It seemed to be targeted at fan favourites and ones that needed them but Garchomp is already OP. Unless the fairy nerf hit it bad too.

Thanks to LightSamus on ONM for the Sig.

Level 30 Psychiatry: The Comic that takes you into the Psyche of the Video Game stars.

Quote Originally Posted by 9iygas View Post
    Spoiler: And Steel losing its resistance to Dark and Ghost is now confirmed. 
    Well, that's interesting for sure. I mean, I never understood why Steel resists these types to begin with, but still, it is intended to be the ultimative defensive type.
    Honestly Steel losing resistances is what it really needs - either losing them or gaining one more weakness, because as mentioned Steel just does too much defensively. It's only neutral to only two types after all, being neutral to two more will help make others be able to fight steel types more effectively without being forced to pick up a fire/fighting/ground attack. Sinnoh comes to mind with how obnoxious Bronzongs could be if you lacked fire attacks especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush20X6 View Post
    I don't understand how Mega evolutions are distributed. It seemed to be targeted at fan favourites and ones that needed them but Garchomp is already OP. Unless the fairy nerf hit it bad too.
    Define why Garchomp is OP, though. We can easily attribute that inevitable explanation to pretty much every other pseudo legendary ("[insert poke] is too strong because it does too much damage!" - replace that with Scizor, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, etc) so what makes Garchomp exempt from this?
    Also, Blaziken, Lucario, Mewtwo

Honestly Steel losing resistances is what it really needs - either losing them or gaining one more weakness, because as mentioned Steel just does too much defensively. It's only neutral to only two types after all, being neutral to two more will help make others be able to fight steel types more effectively without being forced to pick up a fire/fighting/ground attack. Sinnoh comes to mind with how obnoxious Bronzongs could be if you lacked fire attacks especially.
    I dunno, I was always under the impression that most Steel-types had sucky Sp.Def, Speed and/or HP to balance their high Def out. A lot of them are also multitype, allowing you to hit them for Super Effective moves regardless. But then again, I never really played competitively.
    But I agree on Bronzong, you never know what to hit it with. Fire? It has Heatproof. Earthquake it to death? Tough luck with Levitate. I always hated fighting against the Bronzor family because of this.

I dunno, I was always under the impression that most Steel-types had sucky Sp.Def, Speed and/or HP to balance their high Def out. A lot of them are also multitype, allowing you to hit them for Super Effective moves regardless. But then again, I never really played competitively.
    But I agree on Bronzong, you never know what to hit it with. Fire? It has Heatproof. Earthquake it to death? Tough luck with Levitate. I always hated fighting against the Bronzor family because of this.
    What Steel types are you looking at, though? The majority of steel types are defensively based, so having "sucky" speed isn't really much of a point to make especially with things like Ferrothorn, Magnezone or Scizor running around. I'm aware the majority of them are multitype, but several of the multitypes remove one of the steel typed weaknesses that they have. In the case of Scizor, the Fighting and Ground weaknesses are negated, or in the case of Ferrothorn, the ground weakness is negated.

Several of the other secondary weaknesses are also negated. Looking at something like Skarmory, the rock and ice weaknesses that the flying type have are negated by the steel type.

Pumping extra HP EVs are an easy way to boost a poke's bulk.

What Steel types are you looking at, though? The majority of steel types are defensively based, so having "sucky" speed isn't really much of a point to make especially with things like Ferrothorn, Magnezone or Scizor running around. I'm aware the majority of them are multitype, but several of the multitypes remove one of the steel typed weaknesses that they have. In the case of Scizor, the Fighting and Ground weaknesses are negated, or in the case of Ferrothorn, the ground weakness is negated.

Several of the other secondary weaknesses are also negated. Looking at something like Skarmory, the rock and ice weaknesses that the flying type have are negated by the steel type.

Pumping extra HP EVs are an easy way to boost a poke's bulk.
    Can't a lot of them be hit with Fire, Electric or Ground moves fairly well? Like I said, I never played competitively so that's the impression I had, I'm not saying that it's true or that I know a lot about this. I just found it odd that the type, that was intended to be the best defensively, lost two resistances. Seems like even Game Freak thought it was too strong. As of right now, I'm really curious how the new type chart will change the metagame.

Well, all this talk about competitive batteling makes me think we should hold a forum tournament sometime in the future. The last one we had kinda died in the middle of it.

Can't a lot of them be hit with Fire, Electric or Ground moves fairly well? Like I said, I never played competitively so that's the impression I had, I'm not saying that it's true or that I know a lot about this. I just found it odd that the type, that was intended to be the best defensively, lost two resistances. Seems like even Game Freak thought it was too strong. As of right now, I'm really curious how the new type chart will change the metagame.

Well, all this talk about competitive batteling makes me think we should hold a forum tournament sometime in the future. The last one we had kinda died in the middle of it.
    Fire is the most common weakness for steel types that's abusable - fighting and ground attacks are often negated by secondary typings or abilities.

Fairy types are something interesting to look at as well, but the loss of the dark and ghost resists for the steel type are huge. This means that things like Ferrothorn are more vulnerable to physical Tyranitars, and Gengar doesn't have to rely on Focus Blast to do meaningful damage to several steel types.

Wait, so Fairy's strong against Dark?

Do Spiritomb and Sabeleye finally have weaknesses?

EDIT: Oh my God I would love to have an Ice type with Freeze Skin learn the move Hyper Beam.
    Last edited by Bucken-Berry; September 11th, 2013 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Information