Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Dimension Clash 2: Electric Boogaloo

It may seem so that I can't see, but the darkness provides the light for me Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

Re: Dimension Clash 2: Electric Boogaloo

The Cornian flicked his tongue from between his lips. He was standing before another portal, tasting it to see who or what has stepped through it. What he got was not easily comprehensible. It was an utter mish-mash of random creatures of all sorts, and nothing stood out. The Cornian scowled his displeasure, and proceeded to push his head through the portal.
    He quickly picked up on the sound of a cataclysmic battle, and the bloodlust in his mind pounded. His head swivelled around, trying to locate the battlefield through the dense trees. He saw flashes coming from a distance not so far away. Stepping through, he scuttled through the trees like a spider, climbing the wall of a quaint cottage to watch.
    The sight was bizarre. An enormous Cloud Fox, lacking a cloud on its tail, with a slashed eye and a sword was fighting what appeared to be a giant Cornian, except it had a hard carapace and what seemed to be an axe in its jaw. The Cornian was dumbfounded. However, the fight excited him and, with the intention of joining the fray himself, slid down the wall of the house, landing squarely on ((I'm assuming that he hasn't shown up yet) the soft body of a bright purple... thing.
    "What the heck, pthhpth?"
    ----
    Dark Samus was not afraid, but hesitated a moment as the cloud rocketed down from the sky, coated in a sheet of electricity. She wasn't expecting such a vapid assault, and took a split second to analyse her options. She quickly rose up, turning gracefully in the air, glowing with the sickly blue to Phazon. Then, she issued her own high speed charge. It did not have the speed of the cloud's attack, but Phazon was a bit beefier than electricity. It seemed to be an even match as the two collided in midair.

"A man chooses! A slave obeys!" -Andrew Ryan Mr. Redstone's Avatar

The nights were long, cold and creepy in the mysterious mountain range. Rundas and Malkovich had holed themselves up in a cave near the highest peak. "It's been three &&&&ing days and not a single word from Command. We are either well outside GF space or there is some sort of interference in these mountains. OR they just don't &&&&ing care about us!," Malkovich screamed, sitting in a corner trying to keep warm. "You really should clean up your language if you want to get any farther than Master Chief, Adam," Rundas said, perfectly at home in these sub-zero temperatures. "Well it looks like I won't live long enough to &&&&ing care, now does it!?" Rundas shook his head and stoked the fire. "You're just lucky that thing didn't kill you like the medic. One of the keys to staying warm is to keep a positive outlook, keep the serotonin flowing. You've done nothing but gripe for the past two days and you haven't been warm since. Take it from me, my home planet got so cold, even we felt cold." Malkovich turned away, never speaking again that night.

There was stream nearby the cave so water wasn't an issue for them. The real threat was food. Rundas' kind can last without food for weeks, as their bodies use mostly water for nutrients. But Adam wasn't one of them. He had been through the toughest training the Galactic Federation had, but he was still human. Eight days since the incident, he was starting to look a little weak. The only food they had found were a few edible mushroom-like things. There were no signs of small or large game anywhere.

On the tenth day, Rundas decided it was time to get off this planet. "We need to get to the other side of this mountain range and see if we can find someone. The silence from Command is starting to worry me," He said that morning. Malkovich nodded, grabbed his helmet and rifle and walked out of the cave. He built a little cairn of rocks outside the mouth of the cave to and froze it. "Hopefully, Ghor will recognize that..." He thought out loud. "Lets get to that peak. We should be able to see something from there if there is something to see." With a sigh, Malkovich turned toward the crag. "Oh, boy."

(Ooo, look a double post)

Ghor was preparing to enter the Gate that appeared in Skytown when he suddenly felt extremely fatigued. Rising slowly, he thought aloud, "Why do I feel so... tired? I'm a machine! Machines don't get tired!." He continued to get things in order when he felt the feeling again. "There it is again! Perhaps I should power down for a bit..." He sat down and fell asleep.

He was in the white room again. White curtains, sheets, walls, floor, chair. And then there was her. Her dull purple color seemed extremely out of place in this unblemished sanctuary for sorrow. She was still asleep. The phazon poisoning was slowly draining her. She always worried she had surrounded herself with darkness for so long, she may never come back. A nurse came in carrying a plastic white tray with a set of needles on it. The nurse's uniform was a strange shade of blue. He didn't speak to her. He was disgusted with humans at this point. Especially with Samus.

A faint explosion came through the walls of Ghor's room. The noise startled him. He ran out of the room to see a missile fly past. "Pirates!? Here!?" He pulled out his plasma beam and cut the nearest pirate in half. The three behind him fell, as well. Looking at the bifurcated carcass of the pirate, he noticed something strange. It was carrying a rifle he had never seen before. There were small spike jutting from the top of the pistol-esuqe body. Just as he bent to pick it up, a rifle butt slammed into his back. As Ghor fell, he spun around and downed this pirate as well. "Hunter Ghor, the pod you are in is overrun with these forces, evacuate immediately," The AU said over the PA. He sprinted down the halls, coming to a large blast door. A screen appeared in front of him. He tapped on it for a few seconds and the door opened. He ran through it, pulling the screen with him. He entered a series of numbers and the doors closed. He entered another series of numbers and a system voice said, "POD 41-A DETACHMENT IN PROGRESS. PLEASE EXIT IMMEDIATELY." A few minutes later, a loud explosion signified the detonation of the bolts holding the pod to the center. Ghor closed the screen and turned around. In front of him stood at least twenty of the creatures. "Looks like you actually brought me a challenge!"

ebooks, Horse. (horse_ebooks). “Leg Butt” 18 Nov 2011, 12:38 PM. Tweet. Forum Veteran JSG's Avatar

Popo and Nana simutaneously nodded at Rosalina's order. At the same time once more, they replied in a enthusiastic tone, "Yes miss! Will do!" The petite Luma was twirling around, as it neared both of the two eskimos. It ssqueaked, while Popo and Nana smiled. "We won't let you down!" Popo said, bravely. Nana nodded once more, with a smile on her face. Popo resumed, and turned towards Nana. "Alright sis, where off to next?" He asked.

"Well, um..." She stopped, and noticed the tall figure, named Lloyd, interrupting. They looked at him with a quick glance, and listened to his suggestion.

"Hm... that dome?" Nana slyly asked. "I guess that can work, if it works with you Popo!" She said, turning to Popo. "Ah, alright! That one it is!" He said pointing towards it. He was pretty certain and confident that Llyod must have gotten the right choice. He turned over to Rosalina once more.

"Alright, miss. We'd like to go to that grassy-looking," he stopped, and pointed back, "dome over there. Is that fine with you?" He asked.

Ninetails bristled with rage as the little ants swarmed him. He drew his sword, and might a mighty strike, he swept it through the crowd of pikmin, smashing it into the stubby spaceman. He then dash a blistering speeds around the arena in an attempt to fling the remaining pikmin off of his person. He spotted the corinian out of the corner of his eye. He couldn't spare the energy to take on another challenger, but he couldn't let anybody by without a little bit of old-fashioned intimidation. He roared at it, and the clouds thickened.

((Aaagh. need to come up with something...))

"Luigi?" Dr. Mario pokes Luigi, who looks like he's spacing out. "Huh wha? Oh hey doc." "Luigi, what the heck should we do?" "Umm... find a way back home?" "Well... for you, we should, but maybe portal-jumping can help?" Luigi then looks around and finds another portal. "Hey, doc... It seems like you can look through the portals..." "What?" Dr. Mario looked through the portal Luigi had found. So you can... how did I miss that one? "So, Luigi... should we go through it?" "I'll go, I think I know this place." Luigi then jumped through the portal. He might know this place? Oh boy. Hopefully he knows the people there, too. Dr. Mario then jumped through the portal and landed on Luigi. "Mmph." "Sorry Luigi!" He then gets off of Luigi and helps him get up. "So, do you know where we are? I don't think I've been here before." "Mario and I have, on one of our newest adventures, too!" "So then, where are we?" Luigi then puts his hand out dramatically. "We are..." "Yes?" "IN SPACE!" Dr. Mario then puts his hand to his head. "I can tell that from the fact that space is all around us, Luigi. Where are we exactly, then?" "The comet observatory!" The two then start walking around, and Luigi seems to be looking for something. "Ah, from the adventure 'Super Mario Galaxy', right?" "Yes. Didn't you play the game, though?" "I know they made a game, but I'd rather read the book your brother writes. Much more thrilling and less time-consuming." "Whatever floats your boat, doc." "Anyway, is there anything here of importance?" "Well, yes. It's a flying space-station that can travel the cosmos faster than any other space-craft." "And you think this will help you get home?" "Well, yes. I need to find Rosalina and ask her to help, though. If I could just find that red star..." "red star?" "It gives me the power of flight, and I know how to get to the engine room, which is where Rosalina usually is if she's not up at the front, which she isn't." "Is she dressed in green?" "Yes. Why?" "She's right over there." Dr. Mario then pointed to Rosalina, which made Luigi run over to her.

((About the book thing: My headcanon (Canon in my head) is that the main characters write their adventures down at every save point (think like passports/save points being books ala M&L:SSS) and after it's over, they write a book about it.))
    I'm back, baby.

Because I love you you crazy &&&&& Forum Veteran BrandonSP's Avatar

Olimar was thrown into the wall. "Man, this thing is tougher than a Waterwraith. In hindsight, I probably should have brought some yellows and purples. Hmm not too many Pikmin left." Olimar whistled and called back any remaining Pikmin.

----------

"Finally." Meta Knight smirked behind his mask. His ultimate weapon was finally ready. When used right, he had been able to take down the likes of King Dedede in a single hit and even score major damage on Galacta Knight. "NOW YOU SHALL WITNESS MY TRUE POWER, FOUL BEAST!" Meta Knight jumped into the air above Ninetails and pointed his sword skywards. For some reason, this techinque of his seemed to stop time when it was used, it didn't bother Meta Knight though since it really only benefitted him. Instantly, lightning struck him at four angles and he began to spin. He spun so much that a small tornado formed where Meta Knight stood. Soon that small torando became a ravaging cyclone. He couldn't tell if the tornado had caught Ninetails, but he knew it would soon enough. Suddenly the tornado split into two slightly smaller tornadoes that went off in different directions, but ultimately aimed for Ninetails and wherever he might try to run to. As these tornadoes were sent off, time flowed normally again and Meta Knight patiently waitied to see its results. ((In case it wasn't clear, Meta Knight used his Mach Tornado from Kirby Super Star Ultra))
    Spoiler: Codes, Steam, and Internetometer 

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

((Oh yeah, Trail is done, so back to some SERIOUS RPing))

Lloyd decided to go on to the grassy dome-like structure without waiting for approval of Rosalina, who seemed to be busy with that talking penguin thing. As he entered the dome, he realized there were more than simple structures; this place looked like a stargazing platform, complete with a telescope and all. At the very top of the dome, there was a blue star thing, floating and spinning slowly.

"Huh, I wonder what this is..." Lloyd said as he reached up to the blue star... and stopped before touching it... "Hey guys, what do you think? Should we interact with this or...?" Lloyd asked to Popo and Nana, hoping they knew something about it... at least.

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

((Whoops.))

"Yes, you can go to the Terrace!" Rosalina called after Lloyd. "But be careful!" She sighed to herself - would they be alright? She certainly hoped so; she would go along in a heartbeat, but surely she would only hinder them, and besides, she had an observatory to maintain. Some things were important, after all.

She turned to leave - after all, the Engine Room had to be attended to, and the urgency of this task was only going to grow as she deliberated - only to come face to face with Luigi and another man. She plastered a smile onto her face - she had more important things to do, for the love of Lumas! - and greeted them as sweetly as she could. "Hello, Luigi. It's good to see you again. Who's your friend?"

closer and closer
    we're crashing ships in the night

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Sissel stopped at the dock and looked at the poisonous waters ahead. He didn't want to hurt Young Link, so he took off his mask, and jumped from it to the lily pad. He then went from pad to pad stopping at near the other Link. He didn't know where to go from here, and was in his similar predicament of being unable to communicate. He looked through the other Link's gear, but was unable to find anything of use. He was about to head back towards the first Link when he came across a stone that he found he could vibrate. Doing so, he urgently thought 'Come on! I need my body!' and found his thoughts being mysteriously projected from the stone itself
    'Hey, hey can you hear me?'
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

I understand everything now Forum Veteran PokeMarioGuy's Avatar

With an odd look of confusion and confidence Dedede stepped through the portal, emerging in the odd mushroom land his minion had mentioned. Just about everything was mushrooms. The buildings, the people. Next thing you know there will be mushrooms that could act as some sort of drug or steroid. These people did not seem to be brightest based off of appearance alone, but someone had to know something. Pretty much just expecting Bandana Dee to follow, the king began making his away to the town's center.

~

And so began Dr. Eggman's work on Proto Man. Naturally the first step was to open up the robot's chest so as to get to his nuclear core. With the right safety precautions, the doctor did just that. The core was... well it actually looked as unstable as Proto Man seemed to have let on that it was. The large 'W' plastered onto it was not helping things either.

It was not a matter of making a new core. Proto Man's old core simply needed improvements. With the utmost care and caution, Eggman removed the robot's core, placing it on the table.

~

Gilgamesh, a warrior quite adept at jumping, made it across the carpet with ease. As he entered the shady fox's tent... there it was. Leaning against the back of the tent like it were just another piece of junk, was the one. The only. The Excalibur. It just had to be. It had that legendary blue glow. Gilgamesh excitedly pointed at the sword, "Th-th-that sword! That's it! The legendary Excalibur! That is what I want!"

~

The cloud collided with the Phazon warrior, the two pushing eachother back more and more. The sheer force of the two combatants began to knock away several of the Whisps attached to Kracko. The electricity crackling all around Kracko slowly weakened. Kracko ended up as the loser in their collision, as the cloud sunk onto the ground, its eye swirling around for a bit out of exhaustion. With a couple blinks, Kracko rose into the air, slowly attempting its escape.

Meanwhile within the castle, much of Dedede's troops witnessed this quick loss. Many felt that they could hardly stand a chance, while others said nothing. Some wanted to stay and fight, while many others simply attempted to escape the castle. Those that did all seemed to gather in an area deep in the castle. A portal stood in a dungeon-esque room of the castle. A portal that many troops made their escape through.

((Yeah I don't really know how to describe the actual repairing process for Proto Man's core, so uh I'll just try my darndest.))
    Nintendo Network ID - drbeardfasay
    3DS Friend Code: 1375 7270 4335

It may seem so that I can't see, but the darkness provides the light for me Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

The Cornian snarled at the purple mass beneath him. It looked up at him, smiling nervously. "Hey now, I want to greet you, not eat you, pthhpth! Although that's what the cannibal said to the missionary, hehe... hurk!"
    The Cornian grasped the purple lump by the neck and roughly tossed him aside, right into the river. "But I don't like getting wet..." he heard it mutter as he crept forwards excitedly. However, he stopped in his tracks as the enormous Cloud Fox roared at him. The ferocity in the roar combined with the thickening of the cloud cover was an impressive and intimidating sight, of which he hadn't experienced before. The Cornian considered the possibility of allying with this enormous monster...
    ----
    Dark Samus, slightly scorched from the encounter, drifted back down to float a few inched above the ground. The bloodshot eye of the cloud gazed down at her as it slowly drifted away to regroup. She found herself losing all interest in the cloud, despite its spirited defence. She sneered behind her visor and idly launched a missile at the retreating cloud, disregarding accuracy as she barely giving it a cursory glance as she did so. She was completely fixated upon the castle, and turning its inhabitants into Phazon miners.
    ----
    The Spy stood up nervously, already lighting a cigarette. He was in a quaint area, surrounded by stumpy trees and squat houses, on a riverbank. Speaking of the river, he could hear loud splashes. Turning his head, he could see probably the least expected thing imaginable, to the extent that his cigarette dropped from his mouth. A bizarre purple cat, with a head far too large for its body, in a flowery tunic was thrashing in the river, coughing and wriggling. It noticed him gawping and shouted "Don't just stand there, help a guy out will ya, pthhpth!" The Spy numbly crouched down on his knees and leant over with a hand extended, managing to grab one of the cat's ears. With a heave, he pulled the cat out of the river, with the cat yowling "don't pull so hard, pthhth!"
    The cat panted a moment, before he looked up at the Spy. "Thanks a bunch dude! I'm not sure what to give you... wait, take this, pthhpth!" he reached into his pocket and bought out a green leaf. "It's a kiddie sofa! I was keeping hold of it for a long time, but I think you deserve it for saving me!"
    The Spy looked dumbfoundedly at the leaf, unable to distinguish how on earth this was a sofa.
    "What the devil is going on... where am I?" he muttered.
    The cat grinned at him. "Welcome to Smashville, pthhpth."

"Hello, Rosalina!" Luigi stopped right next to her, with doc right behind him. "This is Dr. Mario, a... cloned version of my brother." "Hello." Dr. Mario then gave a quick bow. "This is an observatory that can fly? I'm sure the engine must be huge..." "What makes you say that?" "I'm a doctor! I know science! There is no way something this size can move without a reasonably sized engine!" "Ah. Maybe Rosalina can show you the engine room? I want to try and find that red star, I need to fly around and clear my head a bit." "From what?" "About what's happened with all the portals." Luigi then went off to find the star. Won't it only be temporary, though? Ah, well. "Anyway, Rosalina... maybe you can show me to this place where you keep the engine? Mario's description in the novel wasn't very good in my opinion." Dr. Mario then stood next to Rosalina.
    I'm back, baby.

As Toon Link followed the bird that belonged to Ethan, he noticed the Stone that Tetra had given to him was vibrating and shining. Was it a message from Tetra?! Who knew magical things had a reception like this? Quickly taking it out of his pockets, Toon Link decided to hear the message, but the voice he heard was nothing like Tetra's... or anyone's voice, for that matter.

Using means that humanity still cannot explain, Toon Link said to the Stone: "Yes! I can hear you! But...who are you? Are you a pirate?"

WHOOOOO-OA! GIRLS DO WHAT WE LIKE! WHOOOOO-OA! WE'RE TAKING OVER TONIGHT! Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

((Oh boy time to pay attention to this again also))

Ezlo jumped as he heard Sissel's voice again. It seemed to be coming from a stone in the possession of the more childish-looking doppelganger of the Link he knew. "Sissel? Is that you?" he said, speaking to the glowing hunk of rock.

=======================

Merlon was not technologically gifted, so he stood nearby as Snake worked to repair the cannon. "And you're going to use this...to shoot the moon?" Merlon chuckled: he was reminded of the time that Mario used the Outpost Cannon to reach the X-Naut base on the moon...though that was a completely different moon. This moon was certainly not going to be home of any kind of creatures. It only sought to destroy. Merlon looked around: it seemed that the others who had fought Prince Pikante headed further south, based on the trampled grass. The area they were headed to didn't seem to be the most welcoming of place. A muggy, swamplike wind seemed to blow from that direction, making Merlon gag slightly. "So who's Otacon?" he asked, wondering who Snake kept speaking to while trying to pass the time and fill the awkward void of silence.

=====================

Watt was disappointed: it appeared as though Mega Shock did not do the job. "I'm sorry Peasley..." she whimpered, but she just as quickly perked back up. "Oh! I'll give you another Turbo Charge!" she said, as she began to draw in energy once again.
    Last edited by Elfice; July 24th, 2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: herp derp Snake isn't with the Links
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

'Oh Ezlo, a kid with shorts and a backwards hat ran off with my body. He went this way, but I don't know where he went from here. I found this rock and my thoughts were projected like we were in the Land of the Dead. I guess I could get along without it, but it'd be a lot of effort and slow. So if we could get it back, that would help. Wait, did that bird belong to the kid?' Sissel rumbled the stone again and stopped talking.

This was a very weird situation! Voices were speaking to Toon Link, and he couldn't tell where they came from or who was the one talking! Well, except for the voice of the Stone, that one he could tell where it was coming from, but the bearers of those voices? Nope, never heard them before. However, the voice coming from the stone wanted to know about Ethan, as he kept referencing a boy that had similar clothing to him, and a bird.

Toon Link answered the voice in the stone with: "Yes, that bird is his".

With that, Toon Link pocketed the stone again, and ran in the direction the bird was headed, hoping this time he would find Ethan.

((It's been a while))
    "Holy hell." Ghor was surrounded by the strange pirates. Several of them carried energy shields, others had pistol-like thing with glowing pink needles jutting from the top. A shorter one screamed and ran straight at Ghor. Laughing, Ghor said, "You've got to &&&&ing kidding me!" As the runt was about to strike Ghor, he pulled back and punted the thing back at the group. "BRING IT!," he screamed. He pulled out his plasma blades and ran straight at the group. A huge stepped out from behind the group. Ghor slid to a stop at its chest. "There is always a bigger fish..." He muttered to himself. The immense creature roared and swung a huge fist at Ghor. "Too slow!" He said, jumping out of the way. He leapt over the beast and slashed its head. The beast roared and dropped to the ground. "Now, who's next?" The entire group charged at him. "Now now. I can't serve all of you at once." He stood his ground until the group got to him. He downed the first one and smashed him into a second. He viciously tore through the next ten or so pirates. "Hey I thought you were the 'scourge of the universe.' You can't even stand up to a machine!" he yelled during a lull in the battle. He sprinted back at them. "Wait!" One of them screamed. "We surrender!" Taken aback, Ghor stopped. "We just went through that portal to see if it led to anything we could work with. We were separated from our battalion on Reach." The pirate seemed to be speaking the truth, but Ghor had no idea what he was saying. "Reach? I've never heard of that planet before. AU?" The system voice of the Aurora Unit came over the intercom. "Our records show nothing of a planet currently or formerly known as "Reach." But this pirate is telling the truth." "Why do you call us pirates?" the creature asked. "We are the Covenant."

WHOOOOO-OA! GIRLS DO WHAT WE LIKE! WHOOOOO-OA! WE'RE TAKING OVER TONIGHT! Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

Ilyana stirred as she heard the sound of roaring wind around her, and opened her eyes. I'm...I'm alive? she thought to herself as she sat up. Wow...I guess being a Thunder Sage pays off when you get struck by lightning! The first thing she did was check her tome bag: everything was still intact, as was her Heal staff. Her food bag on the other hand...all of the food had spilled out and the lightning had reduced it to ash. Well that's just great, now I have nothing to eat! she pouted, crossing her arms. However upon closer examination of the food bag itself, there was a slab of meat that had been, oddly enough, cooked by the lightning. It had puffed up and was significantly charged, but after poking at it with a sharp stick nearby, Ilyana was delighting to see that it had been thoroughly cooked and was therefore edible. She dug in to the mystery morsel, though the first bite revealed that it was a piece of beef. Overjoyed and rejuvenated by the food, she slowly stood up and leaned against the tree.

She remembered what she had been doing: that fox thing had struck her with lightning, and by the sounds of things, the battle was still going on. Only taking a few moments to get the fruit out of the nearby trees, Ilyana thought of running towards the clearing where the battle seemed to be taking place, but out of the corner of her eye she saw a speck of orange amongst the green. Running over to it thinking it was an orange, she saw the other woman that accompanied her and Mars to this world...was her name Chell? She seemed to be out cold. "I should help her...I was the one who decided that we go through the portal here, and more importantly, I caused that fox to get angry at all of us because I was able to weaken it on a level nobody else could. This is my fault, and starting now I'm going to fix my mistake!" Without thinking if she could or not, Ilyana took her Heal staff and waved it over Chell's body. She didn't know what to look for or even if anything would happen, so the only way she would know if she was ready to use the staff was if Chell awakened. The blue orb seemed to glow briefly, but Ilyana thought it was just light from the lightning nearby.

((Oh boy longish post))
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

Chell stirred slightly as the restorative magic did its work. At first her body felt tingly and numb, but it soon gave way to weariness and then to an all-consuming pain. She repressed the moan her body wanted to emit. Before Ilyana was done, she began struggling to get herself up, and was kneeling on one leg before letting off a brief scream of pain and falling to her hands and knees. She was sweating more rapidly, her face practically drenched in the stuff, but quietly assured Ilyana "I got it." She heard the battle still continuing and eventually used a low lying tree limb to pull herself up. She was breathing heavily and held herself there for a few minutes to catch her breath, then began stumbling off towards the edge of the forest.

ebooks, Horse. (horse_ebooks). “Leg Butt” 18 Nov 2011, 12:38 PM. Tweet. Forum Veteran JSG's Avatar

"Oh, it looks... safe enough! Heh heh!" Popo smiled. Nana, on the other hand, nervously twiddled with her fingers. Surely, it ius just a blue star, but that's different than all the other stars in the universe.

"Well..." She started, "Since I am outnumbered by the votes... let's, uh, go ahead then!" She said with a bluffing smile. She walked on over and started to stare at it. Popo walked ahead of her, to get a better view, and he started to reach out for the floating object. "Say, Lloyd, do you think this will be okay? Besides, we are looking for portals, aren't we?"

"Yeah!" Nana said abruptly, "Um, I mean, I guess that there could be some here, or...!" She stopped, she really didn't want to screw anything up. "Fine, whatever works!"

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Rosalina's slightly glassy smile widened. At any other time, she would've been happy to give this stranger a tour, but right now she had bigger things to worry about. "Of course, doctor," she said lightly. "I would be pleased to show you to the Engine Room, although I must implore you not to touch anything." And with that, she swept off.

Arriving in the Engine Room a couple of minutes later, Rosalina was more than a little worried to notice that the soft murmuring of the engine had grown into an almost deafening roar. Blocking her ears, she tried to think. The Comet Observatory had an extremely powerful motor; running on just sixty Stars, she had been able to pilot her trusty ship to the centre of the universe, and now the Observatory was running on a hundred and twenty. Yet the engine had never been this loud before...

Rosalina hummed in thought as she contemplated her problem, but her humming cut off abruptly when she came to a startling realisation. Surely... the Observatory couldn't be malfunctioning, could it? It would surely go a way towards explaining the existence of these portals...

This wasn't a good thing. This wasn't a good thing at all.

closer and closer
    we're crashing ships in the night

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

Redd shuffled over to the large man and the sword, "Oooh, you have a keen eye, stranger,"

He pulled the sword out and mulled over it, "Found this near a strange castle, yes. Now, what currency do you happen to use? I accept many kinds, many kinds,"
    "If it's rupees again I'll seriously throw you outta here,"

--------

Snake looked over his shoulder at Merlon, "Otacon is a friend of mine, we've tracked and taken down quite a lot of destructive forces before. Never anything quite as big as that though," he said, pointing to the giant moon.

"Yeah..." Otacon was still focused on the cannon but couldn't help noticing something, "If the moon is falling the sea levels should be going haywire. We're either on top of a mountain or this really is a weird place, physics wise..."

"Otacon, we're blasting off to the moon in a cannon,"

Otacon stammered for a moment and pushed up his glasses, "Oh... Yeah,"

When someone says, "What's up," don't tell 'em about your butt. Forum Veteran MooseFondue's Avatar

Bandana Dee followed his King unquestioningly through the odd toadstool town. He had to jog to keep up with Dedede's longer strides, and his bandana kept slipping off his head as he bounced along.
    While heading towards the town center, he looked around at the scenery. Sure, Dreamland had some pretty odd creatures and architecture, but he wasn't use to these things. He noticed several of the townspeople shooting him odd looks, and was certain that they felt the same way.

~

Dimentio sat, invisible, in a tree, observing the fight in Smashville as he slowly regained the power he lost when struck by lightning.
    "Funny," he thought, "How both sides are fighting so exhaustingly for the dominion of this single world. And a rather bland world at that, in heavy need of some improvement. And improvement I shall deliver, like the most grand mail man this dimension has ever seen!" He chuckled quietly to himself.

(Oh boy time to actually post)

Peasley withdrew his sword as the shadow bugs spilled onto the ground. Sheathing it, he took in Primid's proposition. He had exactly no idea who-or what-this creature was. He had been causing a domestic disturbance until recently, and then sent a pair of sharpened, sentient wheels at him. The thing was, Peasley knew this wasn't any ordinary crackpot. The circumstances were too bizarre, considering the appearance of several similarly-odd characters. He glanced at Watt and Medic, and then at the castle off to the distance. He turned his attention back to the automaton-esque thing. "I've got a kingdom to look after, and with all of these strange characters popping up, it's only a matter of time before somebody decides to wreak havoc, like the samurai guy. Also, I have no clue who you are."

Peasley continued to pace around in a circle. He had to consider all possible scenarios-what if these little bugs had something to do with the portals cropping up? With information like that possibly at stake, he couldn't write anything off. "Before I hop on your little magic carpet, I'd like you to explain yourself a little more. What do you know about the portals?"

Ninetails yelped in agony as the tornado tore at him. Quickly drawing his brush, he made three disctint strokes in the air. Suddenly, a vortex whipped out and around the demon lord, disappaiting the Mach tornado and hitting Meta Knight at full speed. The sudden and intense gust scoured trees of their leaves, and many simply snapped, not durable enough to withstand it. The tree behind Mars crashed away from her with a crack, and a cedar toppled to the ground, its many limbs landing mere feet away from Ilyana and Chell.

Ninetails himself was not feeling as cocky as before. He was clearly weakened, as breathed with exaggerated motions, trying to stop panting. His sole remaining tail was bloodied and slashed. For his own sake the demon lord would not be sticking around much longer, as to not allow these weaklings the pleasure of killing him with numbers. Giving the corinian one final look with his one functional eye, Ninetails roared fiercely towards the heavens. With one swift brush stroke, a jagged lightning bolt rended the air itself, and in a similar fashion to Ilyana's Rexbolt, seemed attracted to Neta Knight's sword. It struck with enough power to stand Ninetails' own fur on end. "You will learn quickly not to challenge a superior swordsman," he growled.

Thread Information