Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirby Kirby Kirby

You know it's funny when I said that, Kirby Wii's release date on Gamefaqs changed I TBA. False alarm, but most of you got that true/false question right.

Re: Kirby Kirby Kirby

Go, one-month bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post
    Am I the only one who didnt like Amazing Mirror. Its a giant maze where I never made it through the second level. I have no freaking Idea where to go. (And Ive gotten Metroid games 100%...)
    Nah, I didn't like it too much either. I'm glad they haven't tried to use that sort of "exploration" gimmick since. I mean, I love it some games... but Kirby should be straightforward in that regard.

Anyway, I hurd you like doujin remixes of classic Kirby songs. The majority of these are actually pretty good, while others make me lolwut. The epic Super Star Ultra Medley--Disk3, Track1--comes highly recommended from your resident Guy.

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

Question The mystery of Metaknight

Who is Metaknight anyways? And What's with the mask?

Re: The mystery of Metaknight

his mask hides his real face, wich is just a blue kirby face, maybe he's ashamed of it

Sir Meta Knight is scared Kirby who painted his face blue and... his eyes white, and he has an everlasting sword ability, and he puts on a mask because it has magical superpowers and it can make everlasting food and he is BFF with Galacta Knight, and he also cut himself in half, so that's why his sword is orange, and his other half became the Kirby you see today and Meta Knight is Kirby also and the reason he's ashamed is because he accidentally cut his forehead and he's shy. Wait, what? Yeah, I bet that's gonna be in some Kirby fan fic. Hahahaha, fanon.

Meta Knight truly is just some boss in a Kirby game, nothing more, nothing less, so basically he's a blue ball with a mask and arms.

His mask is for coolness, but every fan-girl strips him down to his vulnerable Kirby-like self, that he's no longer mysterious, cool, or bad-ass.

He's just, lame nowadays.
    Last edited by Cloudodom; June 27th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truesilver View Post
    Am I the only one who didnt like Amazing Mirror. Its a giant maze where I never made it through the second level. I have no freaking Idea where to go. (And Ive gotten Metroid games 100%...)
    WWHHHAAAAAT? I thought Amazing Mirror was the best game so far! I loved the maze aspect. I feel Nintendo has actually lost their touch to making great games, but Kirby & the Amazing Mirror is still my favorite GBA game ever. So much playtime, so much fun. The whole point is to explore, and that's the fun part!

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Amazing Mirror probably turned off a lot of players in a similar fashion to Metroid games. Not everyone's fond of exploration of a vast map, preferring to just jump straight into the action without any exploration involved.

I do realize that Kirby games are supposed to be easy, and that's the charm in them in wanting to pick them up and play them, especially among inexperienced/casual gamers... but starting with a maze can easily be confusing to any novice to gaming.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

I understand everything now Forum Veteran PokeMarioGuy's Avatar

Amazing Mirror was definetly a fun game, but I can't go and call it the best of all time. For me, that spot is reserved for Kirby 64. The ability to combine power ups to get a giant flame sword, or a dual light saber is awesome. It has a decent amount of challenge to it, especially with 100 percenting it. Then there's the soundtrack which is just plain awesome.

Amazing Mirror was a good game though. The many different abilities, the challenging aspect to going through the maze. It could have been a little more difficult though. The final boss is rather easy, especially since you get the most broken ability in the whole game. The aspect of four Kirbies working together was a good idea, but it is impossible to beat the game 100% without linking up with at least four friends.
    Nintendo Network ID - drbeardfasay
    3DS Friend Code: 1375 7270 4335

...and i expect lot's of presents! Mirror Kirby's Avatar

I've loved Kirby since i played SSBM and my friend showed me the anime(Jap vers.), i liked it but i have grown from it. At first i was a little ashamed because i had become such a big fan, since i live in a place where its not much games and stuff. My friends where only girly girls who i couldnt talk about Kirby with(Yeeees, i'm a girl). But sometimes i ask myself, can you be a true fan if you only have one game of the series? I only got KSSU.

Wow!

Stupid freaking everything. Torkirby's Avatar

Kirby Wii has appeared in Nintendo's latest listing of it's planned releases (page 8), yet again as TBA.
    Apparently, the latest issue of Nintendo Power states that the next issue will include stuff about "an astonishing title that stars one of gaming's most recognizable heroes," followed by "Color us excited!" Could it be Kirby?
    And E3's gonna be huge this year, judging by what's gonna be in it. C: Will Kirby make his E3 debut since 5 years?

Sorry to bump up a semi-sorta-kinda old topic, but I think this deserves to be mentioned.

Am I one of the only ones who have seen some of the sprites for Kirby's Adventure? I think nearly every sprite used the three color limit(Unlike Mega Man using about five colors somehow.) I'm amazed how they made these sprites with just the three colors. I also like how they added so many effects that most of the NES games wouldn't have. Like when he hits something too hard, those little stars come out.

Awesome McAwesome Spriter vaporchu's Avatar

Kirby's Adventure was simply amazing because of the little things they added in. Which is why I've become infuriated with the Kirby Advance games. They simply didn't care without Kirby's beloved creator on hand. :/

EDIT: Torkirby, you have a link to the Nintendo Power thing? I wish to read it....
    Last edited by vaporchu; May 13th, 2010 at 04:58 PM.

Stupid freaking everything. Torkirby's Avatar

Here it is, thanks to WiKirby, apparently.

Awesome McAwesome Spriter vaporchu's Avatar

Oooh. That's nice. Looking foward to it.

....though waiting almost 3 weeks for confirmation on a game we still don't know if it is being worked on is going to kill me. Ah well, I had to go through worse waiting for LP Godzilla news.

okay, this is my line up of gameplay:
    i have kirby SS on an emulator(never played)
    I have Kirby SSU on ds(unlocked everything and beaten all modes)
    i have kirby amazing mirror(wooped it epically 50 bazillion times)

personally, i think amazing mirror is awesome. the whole maze thing is just perfect when you want to play a game that lets you run around randomly going to random places. in SSU it is really awesome with the helper and being able to play as helper(and metaknight!! yay!) in certain modes.
    I was going to put something useful and worthwhile here but.......I got lazy.

Playing through this again, curious on if anyone would like to see a video commentary of going through the entire game in Let's Play form like I did with the Arena

after all getting more people watching it is more incentive to make more

Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

^ You actually played through The Great Cave without stealing the underground inhabitants' treasures? You actually did the right thing? You crazy.

So yeah, despite the simplicity of the series, I do usually go out of my way to get new Kirby games. There's just something about them...

Oh, I was playing KSSU this weekend, and I was trying to beat my record for Jet Ability in the True Arena. I forget what the exact numbers are, but it's about 6 minutes and 9 seconds. I couldn't do it...so has anyone else been able to beat True Arena with Jet Ability only and no Helpers in less than that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerkec View Post
    ^ You actually played through The Great Cave without stealing the underground inhabitants' treasures? You actually did the right thing? You crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerkec View Post
    Oh, I was playing KSSU this weekend, and I was trying to beat my record for Jet Ability in the True Arena. I forget what the exact numbers are, but it's about 6 minutes and 9 seconds. I couldn't do it...so has anyone else been able to beat True Arena with Jet Ability only and no Helpers in less than that?
    tell you what, i'll try to beat that in a few days and see what happens

having a helper usually becomes more of a detriment than a benefit to you in arena, there's only a few cases where a helper comes in handy(twin woods for one, but i know yoyo's gazer spiral deals with both of those at once unless there's a faster method).

I have a pathetic Kirby collection T_T

But my all-time favorite Kirby game has to be Kirby's Star Stacker. Fast paced puzzle fun especially in time attack mode. The music is addicting.
    Monster Hunter Generations | Name: Yami G | HR: ???

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    Xbox: YamiGekusu | PSN: YamiGekusu | Nintendo Network: YamiGekusu

Wheelie Rider

The original Kirby Super Star is now up in the Wii Shop Channel (America) for 800 Wii Points. I still have the SNES game and recently KSSU, so I'm passing on the VC version.

Quote Originally Posted by Torkirby View Post
    Kirby Wii has appeared in Nintendo's latest listing of it's planned releases (page 8), yet again as TBA.
    Apparently, the latest issue of Nintendo Power states that the next issue will include stuff about "an astonishing title that stars one of gaming's most recognizable heroes," followed by "Color us excited!" Could it be Kirby?
    And E3's gonna be huge this year, judging by what's gonna be in it. C: Will Kirby make his E3 debut since 5 years?

Sorry to bump up a semi-sorta-kinda old topic, but I think this deserves to be mentioned.

Eh, I'm gonna bump this to ruin everyone's hopes. No, it isn't Kirby Wii everybody. It's this:

Oh well. :C

Cute Little Poot THiNGYBOB inc.'s Avatar

Ya know, I really want Nintendo to make a 3D Kirby game. Not like Kirby 64 3D, I mean Mario 64 3D.
    Hey guys I'm back

That certainly would be cool, but I doubt it. Although they kinda did a 3-D adventure level in Kirby Air Ride's City Trial. Maybe they could use that.

WHAT THE &&&& DID I TELL YOU JERRY? SHUT THE &&&& UP JERRY! Forum Veteran BrandonSP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMarioGuy View Post
    Amazing Mirror was definetly a fun game, but I can't go and call it the best of all time. For me, that spot is reserved for Kirby 64. The ability to combine power ups to get a giant flame sword, or a dual light saber is awesome. It has a decent amount of challenge to it, especially with 100 percenting it. Then there's the soundtrack which is just plain awesome.

Amazing Mirror was a good game though. The many different abilities, the challenging aspect to going through the maze. It could have been a little more difficult though. The final boss is rather easy, especially since you get the most broken ability in the whole game. The aspect of four Kirbies working together was a good idea, but it is impossible to beat the game 100% without linking up with at least four friends.
    I actually 100% beat this game without the help of any friends, so I guess you could say... OBJECTION! KatAM is beatable without 4 friends
    Spoiler: Codes, Steam, and Internetometer 

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonSP View Post
    I actually 100% beat this game without the help of any friends, so I guess you could say... OBJECTION! KatAM is beatable without 4 friends
    Me too, what's so hard in the game that you need link-ups? Even though the CPUs were stupid, they still helped in the one situation they're really needed: Inhaling Mega Stone Blocks.

Thread Information