Thread: BitF Fan Art WINNER and RUNNERS-UP! **February 2011**

Administrator Forum Administrator fiftyeighthens's Avatar

BitF Fan Art WINNER and RUNNERS-UP! **February 2011**

February is a month of love and romance thanks to Valentine's Day, and the Brawl in the Family cast won't be left out of the smoochin'. Mushy stuff was the theme of the month, and as usual we received lots of great entries. Here are our top ten nominees for the fan art of the month!

Ame-nami's entry

Meta-knight puts his heart on the table as Adeleine looks on in surprise. The lovely shading and adorable embarassment in Meta Knight's face make the emotion pop right out of the image, and the tension of the scene is just palpable. Here's hoping that Adeleine "gets it!"

Arend's entry

If the size of one's tongue indicates one's success in the field of romance, Lickitung has a pretty big advantage over the rest of us. We liked the variety of saucy Pokemon that seem to be in love with Lickitung. He seems to be having considerably better luck here than in his Brawl in the Family comic appearances.

Baltarouzz's entry

Mario's feats of heroism lose a bit of their punch when it turns out he's just saving Peach from an awkward dinner date. Bowser seems to have gone to a lot of trouble to woo her, but her polite tolerance can only last so long before it starts to get weird. The attention to detail in this piece does a good job of illustrating Bowser's romantic efforts, Peach's uncomfortable imprisonment, and Mario's disbelief at what he's seeing. Very cute!

B Prime's entry

Round, pink love on a moonlit night never looked so sweet. This overwhelmingly adorable image pairs our favorite enamored blobs on a beach gazing lovingly into each others' eyes. The conveniently heart-shaped pink Pokemon in the background ties the composition together. In this image, everything is right in the world.

Clandy's entry

Falling asleep on the couch watching TV is a favorite pastime of lovers, particularly for our spherical lovebirds here. The warm glow of the television complements their unconscious cuddling in Clandy's impeccably cute and huggable art style.

garfunkeless's entry

"When giving your girlfriend a flower, make sure it's not a fire flower." That's advice to live by! We liked Mario's obliviousness to the effect his gift is currently having on his lady; the charming art does a good job of making this breathtakingly embarrassing act seem cute!

Metaknight4ever's entry

Oh, Dededoll... is there a situation you can't make better? Looks like Dedede and Kirby have mended some bridges over the little doll, and the love between them is sweeter than ever. An interesting relationship, here. The bright pink palette and squishy art style helps show the bubbling emotions as they surge forth.

miss_anthy's entry

Bowser sure has an odd way of showing his affections to Princess Peach. It looks like he's trying to help Pit score some points with the lovely lady, but I'd suspect that there are some more selfish ulterior motives at play here. The personality of the art shines through in the body language and expressions of the characters.

Platypus18's entry

Meta Knight is on the unrequited end of Jigglypuff's affections in this heartbreaking image. Based on this entry as well as his Christmas entry, Platypus18 seems to delight in breaking Kirby's heart! Meta Knight's vandalized mask is a callback to the comic "Nap", and apparently Jigglypuff was smitten by Meta Knight's new appearance. The image is simultaneously cute and saddening; Meta Knight's heart is clearly elsewhere.

sevenstitch's entry

Daisy discovers here that love can be hard to swallow... at least, if it's coming from Waluigi. Maybe it's just something she ate. Waluigi may have never looked this creepy before, and Daisy looks to be reconsidering their arrangement.

TheBovine's entry

If I were Ness, I'd probably avoid that guy. The Hint Man may be knowledgeable, but his presence in just about every town in Eagleland doesn't speak well of his commitment to family. The details, color palette and style of this piece really stand out!

And the winner is...

Ame-Nami's entry!

It was another close one, but we couldn't get enough of Ame-Nami's dramatic framing, the detailed drapery of Meta Knight's cloak, and the rather charming theme of the piece (topped off with a callback to Kirby's Adventure with the "GET IT!"). If I'm not mistaken, this makes a three-peat contest win for Ame-Nami...very impressive!

As always, thanks to everyone who entered! Sorry about the lateness of this thread--March's contest results will be up very soon too. We'll see you next month!
    Last edited by fiftyeighthens; April 6th, 2011 at 12:47 PM.

Star Warrior

Re: BitF Fan Art WINNER and RUNNERS-UP! **February 2011**

I don't really "get it" (is that a quotation from elsewhere?), but that is certainly talented. I probably would've awarded Clandy, tho.

made of love Event Artist
    Forum Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard Canine View Post
    I don't really "get it" (is that a quotation from elsewhere?), but that is certainly talented. I probably would've awarded Clandy, tho.
    when you battle Meta Knight in the game he gives you a sword in the beginning with the words "GET IT" over it so it's a reference to that
    pretty clever imo

I disagree with you

geez ame-nami is it scientifically possible for you to lose because I doubt it
    it was a nice entry

*expected runner-up out of ten face*

Got it memorized? DO YOU?!? Got-It-Memorized?'s Avatar

I can see why ame-nami won. That was incredibly detailed and drawn nicely. Good job to all the runners up as well.
    Got it Memorized?

There were some awesome entries this month!

Congrats, Ame-Nami!

Am I supposed to say something interesting here? If so then prepare to be disappointed. Meta-Knight's Avatar

Woah! Great job Ame-Nami!! That is a fantastic piece full of amazing shading and featuring my favorite character, Meta Knight!

This time, I'm runner-up too (second time's the charm?)

And, Congratulations for being winner for the third time, Ame-Nami!
    Expecting a signature?

Wow... ive heard of bi-winning, but - TRI-WINNING?! Thats crazy! No, jk, Ame deserved it! The shading on that is unbelievable. And btw to fiftyeighthens and tb, i dont know exactly why kirby keeps ending up as the heart-break-ee in my entries, it just seems to happen that why. Actually, its kind of going to happen again in my next entry for april, but not really "heart break" per say, more of, uh... mortal fear, or extreme emotional instability, that's it!

I whip my mane back and forth (again) Dinosaurshotgun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus18 View Post
    Wow... ive heard of bi-winning, but - TRI-WINNING?!
    I C WUT U DID THAR

The win was definitely deserved; I also rather liked sevenstitch's. Those expressions are priceless!

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Congrats to Ame-Nami now let someone else win!

My close second favorite to Ame-Nami's piece was assuredly Clandy, then Baltarouzz.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Wow! Not that I'm saying Ame-Nami shouldn't have won, but I had previously thought Clandy would win. Well, victory well earned in the end!
    |With sword in hand|
    |And courage in my heart|
    |I am...|

Congratulations to all the runner-ups and especially Ame-Nami. There were so many greats entries I'm excited to be included in the runner-ups.

Thanks TriforceBun.
    To see more of my comics, check out http://pepperrun.weebly.com/. Make sure to view the Archives.

Aw...Ame-Nami...Your entry is still adorable even after I saw it 5 times...Congrats!!!

And to all the runner ups, Great job!

Congrats to Ame-Nami and all the runner-ups! <3

I love all the entries! ^-^
    I beat KH2 with 11 different Handicaps! Kingdom Hearts RULES! <3

I beat the 1000 Heartless Battle without Reaction Commands, in Proud Mode, at lvl. 36-38, Kingdom Keyblade only, no Armor, only 3 potions and 2 eithers, and a bunch of other handicaps. It means a lot to me that I did that. :3

"How much of the truth do you think you know?" Detta's Avatar

At first I was like "Aw, I didn't make runner up..."
    But then I remembered that I never finished my entry for this one.

Great job, Ame-Nami! Congrats!

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

...Wow...

I thought I did good art, then I joined BitF forums.

Congrats Ame! I loved the shading and the reference!

Now I'm excited for the next contest!

A geology student on an adventure! OrangeOctopi's Avatar

I love the shading on the winning entry, it's very impressive.
    Hey everybody it's not Chuggaaconroy!

Quote of the now-> Tony Stark: That man is actually playing Galga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did. -The Avengers

Games I love: Poke'mon Crystal, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, BanjoKazooie, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Harvest Moon 64, Paper Mario... and the list goes on.
    All Super Smash Bros. games are kind of a given.

I'm a Mormon, I'm a Christian. Mormons are Christians. Please get your facts straight.

And FYI, I'm a girl. Just so ya know.

My deviantART
    My FanFiction
    Blog of Adventure

Wow, you hit the three-win mark before anyone else got to do 2. :P Impressive! Congratulations for the victory, it was well-deserved! The shading was superb, and while it took me a few seconds to "get it", it was a full-blown genius reference right there!
    Stand aside, tubby! You're stepping on a midget with money!

Awesome job, everybody! Congrats once again, Ame-Nami. :D

I love Ame-Nami's entry. I knew it would win. It's perfetto.

Lost in Procrastination Ame-Nami's Avatar

Do-de-do Oh hey, the February contest results are up. I probably got runner up and-

What? WHAAT?

Wow, I honestly don't know what to say! I thought Baltarouzz or Clandy would win this time

Thank you guys so much for the compliments! With three wins I don't plan on participating in anymore of these contests in the near future (so y'know, no need to send assassins after me)
    And good luck to all participants in this month's contest!

~Check out my art thread HERE! Or my CYOA HERE!~

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ame-Nami View Post
    Thank you guys so much for the compliments! With three wins I don't plan on participating in anymore of these contests in the near future (so y'know, no need to send assassins after me)
    And good luck to all participants in this month's contest!
    Alternatively, you could still make entries, but request that they don't be considered for the win.

Thread Information