Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Grand Brawl

Re: The Grand Brawl

Quinn swiftly went about collecting several things from the kitchen, each thing different, before arranging them on the counter. There were three plates, one white, one red and one blue, and several different food items; nine, to be exact. He then began speaking to himself, a habit of his, one that began in the desert, his lack of companions driving him to find some form of entertainment.

"Well, let's see. There's me, which I guess I would file under 'non threat'..." he muttered, taking a delicious-looking red fruit-rollup and putting a bundle of it on the blue plate. "Then, there's that girl she said had an act to put up or something... I'm guessing that means she's more dangerous than she looks. But, I don't know much about her..." Quinn paused, grabbing a candy tomato and seemed to be deciding whether to put it on the white plate or the red plate, before finally deciding to put it inbetween the two.

"Then there's the weird wolf thing. Um... dunno much about him," The mummy thought for a moment, taking a piece of steak and putting it on the white plate, before putting his hand to his chin and taking up a butterknife, slopping a piece of creamy butter onto the white plate as well. "Dunno much about the blob either," he decided. He didn't even hesitate when he put an orange on the red plate, shuddering as he did so. "Yeah, I'd be an idiot not to lable that weird orange thing as a threat, based off of what that girl said..."

Quinn then looked up at nothing, before seeming to talk to someone other than himself; "Oh, hey, I'm just gonna label you as unknown, if you don't mind, then." He then proceeded to put a lolipop on the white plate. "Then there's that guy you said killed an Angel. Yeah, definitely a threat if he can do that..." he put a cold chicken wing on the red plate. "Then there's the bounty hunter. He probably wouldn't have any problems with killing, as he's probably done it before - not that I haven't - but he's probably at least reasonable enough to form an alliance with." Quinn put a chip he thought looked like the man's hat inbetween the white and the blue plate, though it was noticably closer to the blue plate.

He didn't pause before putting a gummy worm on the blue plate. "You said that snake wasn't a threat, right? Especially with what I've got on hand..." his eyes briefly flashed to the flute on his back, before going back to the plates. He just then seemed to notice that that was everyone. "...Oh," he mumbled, his voice showing a hint of embarassment. "So, then, uh, Girl, I just thought I'd just let'cha know that I don't really hold any grudges and that I don't particularly care if I die... and no, that doesn't mean you can just kill me right now - well, actually, you probably could, I just don't want you to - ah, forget it. All I want to say is that I hope I manage to amuse you while I'm still alive in this tournament."

He then turned to the plates. "All right, then. The most likely person here to accept an alliance from my current prespective is the bounty hunter... Sandolio, I think his name was," Quinn said simply, before trying to decide whether to leave or not. If he went out now, he could find anybody, including that thing the Girl said was a virus. He'd prefer not to think about it. If he waited here anybody could find him, especially the ones that were hungry and had good noses. AKA: the wolf thing when it eventually got hungry. Dangit, he wished he had some kinda lifefom detector or something. That would make things like the oh-so-much easier. Nevertheless, deciding that he'd at least like to do SOMETHING before being killed in this game, he left, aimlessly wandering the halls in hopes of finding the bounty hunter he could have easily encountered earlier (though he didn't know it was him).

((See also; Quinn isn't an ordinary mummy, as his healing charm thing prevents his skin from decaying (see also; rotting), and he isn't in the med bay anymore. Oh and how the heck does everyone know he's a mummy? He looks like a perfectly normal human with a few bandages around the top of his head, a few on his chest and one used as a belt.))
    Last edited by War P. Anda; September 27th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Floor ice-cream gives you health! Megaron's Avatar

((Dagg knows he's a mummy because he can sense dark magic and necromancy probably leaves strong traces of it.))

((NINJA RELOCATION CORRECTION WHOO)

Dagg uncovered the curtain... And was surprised. He had thought it would have been the mummy, because of the smell, but... It turned out to be a corpse. He facepalmed. His senses were stating to deceive him.
    He was indeed hungry.

He looked around, making sure no-one was looking. Taking a peek at the corpse, he opened his mouth after making sure none of it was too rotten. As a Umbra wolf, he was scavenging up to a certain point, and thus could certainly wolf down (pun wholly intended) the corpse.

A few minutes later, he perked his ears up. His senses slowly agudized. He had no clue why his body did this when no other Umbra wolf's did, but he'd be damned if he wasn't going to take advantage of it.

He heard a few noises and smelt a few interesting scents. Most of it was mixed... He decided to wander around until he found someone. He proceeded to walk out the door, en garde.
    Last edited by Megaron; September 27th, 2010 at 12:39 PM.

"Remember, you have a lion's heart.." ~ Leomon
    --

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

((Sandolio knows that he's at least undead due to him being a mage, and calls him a mummy for his bandages.))

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

[COLOUR=darkgreen]
    *CLANK*

*CLANK*

*CLANK*

Climbing the metal surface was very loud, Venox hoped it didn't attract much attention.

Just below him (or horizontal since he's at a 90 degree angle) was the window for the control room. He kicked a hole in the glass, carefully climbed through and de-magnetized himself as he could now walk according to gravity. Venox observed the room he was in, which was full of computers. He also sensed some electromagnetic disturbances in the air, which could be a sign of that walking code. He could pose an extreme threat to him, and if he calculated correctly, if the code somehow connected with him, the chance of fusion is likely, and if that happened, then he would dread to think what havok he could wreck. He would need to defend himself.

Waiting Just a bit longer to make sure the walking code wasn't anywhere near him, he decided to push his hand (or similar appendage) into a control panel, and searched the system of anything useful, turrets, cameras, anything that can give him an advantage. There were cameras in places, but not many. What did catch his attention was something in the hangar. That will definitely give him an advantage. he then proceeded to check other systems, and noted that there was something moving about in the ventilation system. That could be the snake. Very intelligent of it, but it didn't quite consider all the factors.

Command> Ventilation system> ON

The others will need to be dealt with later, but there is something i would like to do first. He thought as he retracted his arm, clambered out of the window, and jumped.
    [/COLOUR]
    Spoiler: Quotes 

"Alright, so if I took a left there..." Samuel said, still wandering the vent system.

"...It would lead me back to the storage... but if I took a right, I would end up-" Samuel then finished his sentence early. Suddenly. it seemed to of gotten a lot cooler quickly. Was he near a cold storage room. He looked down a bit a noticed that he was moving... without actually moving. The wind be pushing him slightly. Suddenly, Samuel had came to a realization; there was no natural wind in a plane, let alone in it's vent system, unless...

Samuel's face then turned to a face of dread; someone had turned on the ventilation system, and ventilation systems use sharp fans capable of chopping him, well, pretty much anyone, up. He had to get out of there, and fast! He started to slither as fast as he could to the opposite direction of the wind, trying to find a vent door.

"Come on, come on..." He said, hastening his pace after each word. Finally, to his pleasure, he had found one. He quickly used his tail to try and unscrew each of the screws on it, each was separating him from survival. He only had time to unscrew three before the vent system started to go faster. He knew he wouldn't be able to outslither it if he stayed in there, so he had to make his escape now. He only had one chance, so he lunged towards the vent door with all his might in an attempt to escape out of there. He flew out of the vents, tearing the vent door off of the wall, but not without a price.

He fell on the ground, with a bit of a headache from hitting the door with his head. After a few minutes, he shook it off, and tried to grasp his surroundings. He was in what seemed like the maintenance closet, with one small light, and a few brooms. Hardly a safe place to stay in. He slowly opened the door with his tail, and took a quick look out the hallway. No one was around, and there was another room directly in front of him, so the cost was clear. He smiled, as he slammed the door to the maintenance closet, and quickly darted into the other room.

He quickly examined the room he had entered, and he smiled a bit. It was the weaponry room, mostly filled with laser guns. He slithered over to one of the guns, and pulled the trigger lightly with his tail, expecting to see a laser show.

Nothing happened.

He growled, as he tried again with the next.

Nothing happened.

He scowled, as he realized that all the weapons in here were duds. Broken in some way. Still, there was a crate in there. It was filled with more duds, but it would make an excellent hiding spot. He slithered into the crate, and buried himself in the faulty laser guns, ready to attack anyone who was foolish enough to wander into the room.

Team Fortress Two in a nutshell.

((Oh, Can I join?))

Username: X-Scissor
    Name: Mason
    Race: Human
    Colour: Dark Red
    Weapons/Abilities: Has special Psychic Powers, (PSI) can control time, can teleport, can use telekinesis, can levitate, and that's pretty much it.
    Description: Has long, brown hair, blue-green eyes, normally wears a Red/Black striped shirt, wears long, black shorts, has a freckle right beneath his left eye, and wears black shoes with white shoe laces and white socks. He also has a light Australian accent. That's pretty much it, as well.
    Biography: Is 13-years old. His far-back ancestors were Australian, he moved to America 9 years ago. His home town is Plattsford, Nebraska. His family is a 6 year old sister, McKinley, a 15-year old brother, Mitchell, and two parents, Karen and Eric. He loves reading books, and has a very high IQ. He doesn't know that he has PSI Powers, (but I have a feeling he's about to find out.) and that's about it.

Click----------->Art Thread<-----------Click

You'll eat 'til you're full! Then you'll eat 'til you burst! Then you'll eat some more! Gun's Avatar

Katherine watched as the man turned away. Obviously he wasn't interested. She let go of the sword with her right hand and put a finger to her mouth, chewing on the nail. "Oh...okay...Bye then..." she said, and decided to turn back the way she came. Slowly dragging the sword along the floor once again, she let the loud scraping continue. It echoed through the ship, but she couldn't tell how far it would go. It made her an easy target, obviously, but, well, that was the point.

Making her way slowly around the ship, she kept on the look out for anyone who might attack her. Eventually, she came across a door. She couldn't read what it was labeled as; the writing had long since faded. She put a hand to the door, not quite sure how she was meant to open it. There weren't any obvious handles, and no keypad, or...

"Oh!" Katherine said, as the door slid open suddenly. She looked inside, but she couldn't see very well. The lighting for this place wasn't exactly fantastic anyway. Come on, she thought to herself, you've been in darker places than this. Look!

On closer inspection, it appeared to be yet another storage room. Nothing really out of the ordinary, but she noticed a couple of discarded weapons on the floor. Had someone tried to take a couple before the place had been deserted? She still had no idea what ship she was on or where that ship was going. Or where it was right now anyway.

She dragged the sword inside, and looked around. Just crates, everywhere. She wasn't sure what she was meant to do with this stuff. She picked up one of the weapons on the floor, laying down the sword. The gun was very heavy, and she struggled to hold the scope up to her eye. She looked around through the scope, marvelling at the zoom function, then put it back down. She didn't want to try firing it, afraid the recoil might knock her off her feet. The sword she carried around with her wasn't actually that heavy; it looked it, but wasn't. She just dragged it around for easiness and it added to the innocent girl look; she's not strong enough to carry a sword, let alone swing it.

Or not, as the case was.

She chewed the nail on the index finger of her right hand and pondered the crates.

(EDIT: X-Scissor, the RP is full up. You can't join.)

It's a shotgun opera and the fat lady is singing tonight Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar

Sandolio braced himself for an attack to his back by the girl, but nothing came. For something based solely around the deaths of its participants, there certainly hadn't been any major attacks upon anyone yet, at least anything that led to a major battle. He'd met up or seen three of the other fighters so far.

First, the strange vaguely-humanoid person with all of the characters streaming about its body. That one seemed like the greatest threat at that moment, with absolutely no compunction about killing wantonly. If he was going to survive at all, he'd be forced to try and create an alliance with others and kill it. However, the little girl - Katherine, if he recalled correctly, - seemed to caught up in her 'act' as the Girl put it to ally with anyone seriously yet, and Dagg was just an idiot, and not really suitable for a person like him for an ally.

That still left four others. He wasn't so sure about the undead one, whose magical scent was like a red flag to someone like him, and the angel-killer, who were wild cards. So was the mechanical man, though he wasn't sure how to quantify him as well.

"Hmmmm..." he said, thinking over the snake. e wasn't sure how the snazzily-dressed reptile would act as well. He'd need more information to be sure. Well, there was one way.

He slumped against the wall and pulled his hat down over his eyes. If someone attacked a sleeping man, well, he'd go after them. Easy enough way to choose if you absolutely had to kill someone, right?

His snoring quickly ruined any chance of him being unnoticed.
    Last edited by Eruedraith; September 27th, 2010 at 03:50 PM.

Spoiler: X-Scissor's entry 

Sorry, man. This thing caps out at 8, and having more people join in during the course of the game would interfere with the mechanics.

As he waited, hidden within the crate, Samuel heard that same screeching noise that he had heard back from the vents. Whatever had made that noise was possibly nearby. He went a little deeper into the crate of broken lasers, to make sure he was well hidden within it's contents. He pondered what on Earth was making that noise. He hadn't seen anything else on this ship, all he knew was that he and the other contestants were on it.

Were any of the contestants powerful enough to scratch the very floor they walked upon? Samuel shivered at the thought. And what were these odd creatures he had to fight? Each was such an odd shape, and looked nothing like he had seen before. While he had only seen them for a few brief seconds in the void, he could barely remember they're general body shape. A few resembled some of the paintings back at his home world, but the idea that they could be the same species in the paintings was almost completely out of the question.

oops ninja'd
    Last edited by Megaron; September 28th, 2010 at 03:02 AM.

--

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

Alex stumbled through the maze of pipes, not being able to see more than a few meters in front of himself. However after a while, the frustrated psudeo-angel was fed up, and he decided to sit down on a curved, rusty, metal pipe to contemplate his way out of here.

He remembered what The Girl had said to the wolf...it seemed that the only way out of here was to kill everyone else. It might be tough in places, but the first glances he got didn't reveal anything he couldn't handle. But if they were picked, like the girl said, then they must have been worthy. So he had to be careful. He didn't want to underestimate anyone.

So his mission was clear - kill everyone, then perhaps he could use this momentum to take control of the Planet? That seemed like an ideal plan. Now, he realized, this won't do anything if I don't get out of here...I need to keep searching for an exit-

But his train of thought was lost when he slipped off the pipe. Cursing, Alex landed on all fours. It was strange - the pipe didn't look much like a pipe. Even through the steam, he further looked at the 'pipe.' It was, in fact a hatch.

Which meant that it was a way out - there was freedom.

Although he didn't expect it to work, Alex tried to turn the hatch. No dice - the door was stuck. Annoyed but still keeping his composure, he neatly slid the sword up the side of the door. With a click, the door swung open, revealing a passageway.

Alex stepped out, glad to be out of that maze of pipes and steam. Jamming the door shut again (something that took a while to do,) He looked down the passageway. it was fairly dull and dirty, with nothing of note.

Apart from the Wolf.

Alex took a closer glance. What was the Wolf's name - was it Dagg? Disregarding that, Alex decided to see what was happening. While it would have been quite easy to take him out, there and then, there was that - it was too easy. There was no point in killing him if he just backstabbed the canine. Sighing, and almost regretting what was to happen, he slowly glided over to Dagg.

"Hi." Alex called out, to grab his attention. He braced himself for the worst.
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

Dagg paced through the ship, slowly. He didn't wanna miss a single sound, in case he came across someone vulnerable. He kept a keen eye and a sharp mind, looking around.
    He felt a chill. He went into a battle pose, sure that it was some sort of premonition...
    But it wasn't. It was a cool breeze instead. He looked up at the air vents. He was directly under it, so it was stronger there. He noted something though. ("The grate is off... I wonder if it was the snake.")
    He suddenly heard an ear-wrenching sound; a strong, sharp noise that nearly made his ears bleed. Like nails on a blackboard. He hid behind the corner, all the while hiding a black eye on the shadows and closing his eyes. He stood the sound of the sword scraping against the ground, while watching a little girl with a oversized sword go into what seemed to be a weapons room. As she stopped to examine a rifle, he quickly scurried away. The girl wouldn't pose a threat normally, but with a mummy and a mage with wolf souls, he was sure the girl actually would be the biggest one.
    After wandering a bit, his fur got erect, as he noted a powerful light aura behind him.

"Hi."
    He turned around, to look at the semi-angel. He wouldn't want to fight that guy; holy magic and weapons were particularly effective on Umbra wolves, just like dark magic and weapons were effective against Lumen foxes.
    "Oh, uh... H-Hey there... Listen, I know you want to get out of here as well, so... How about we team up? I'm willing to do this, since I really want to go back home with Cheryl..." ("That, and I certainly don't want a piece of that sword.")

--

Quinn continued to wander, but stopped when he heard something; footsteps. That ruled out the snake and possibly the virus, as he was pretty sure that thing could float or something. The footsteps were loud and heavy; he was fairly certain the angel, the wolf and the little girl were light on their feet, though he could be wrong. That left the bounty hunter and the clockwork blob person thing. A fifty-fifty chance. He was willing to risk it. Unfortunately for him, he forgot one factor.

What he saw was not a contestant at all, but a security robot; of course, Quinn didn't know that such things were here, so you couldn't really blame him for thinking it was one of the people he was supposed to kill, but he merely thought the clockwork blob man thing had upgraded or something. The robot had treads for legs, the rest of it appearing to be steel upper body, with a minimalized head simply used to scan and sight its targets. One of its gigantic arms had a machine gun for a hand, the other one having an extendable sword.

"Er... hi, there. Just wondering if maybe you'd like to join an alli-" It was only when the voice projector of the robot started up that Quinn realized it wasn't who he thought it was, but something else. "Non-permitted lifeform aboard Halberd! Non-permitted lifeform aboard Halberd! Calling all security-bots! Non-permitted lifeform aboard Halberd!" Well, that wasn't good. But... what was this thing? Briefly, Quinn experienced a flashback.

Quinn was sitting on a large rock in front of a field, watching as a farmer set up a large machine made of stone. At first glance it looked like a box with a bunch of pipes, gears and wheels, with a large amount of spikes in the front that poked into the ground. "You sure this thing'll work, geezer?" Quinn asked, the elderly farmer quickly answering; "You bet it will! I just need t' finish fillin' her up, then I can start her goin'." "I bet'cha it won't," Quinn swiftly decided. How much, then?" the farmer asked, not very suprised at this development. The boy thought for a moment before saying "Fifty ran," and the farmer simply nodded.

He then turned a crank on a pipe he had plugged into a small opening on the machine, unplugging the pipe out and shutting a hatch to close off the hole a few moments after. He grinned as he pulled a lever, which seemed to make a gear on the outside spin insanely until the lever stopped, and the farmer reset it before doing it again, then one more time. The farmer proceeded to climb three stairs and pull a lever on the back, immediately grabbing an odd pole nearby. Quinn quickly saw why as the machine started up, large amounts of steam coming from the back. The boy could only watch himself lose the bet. The spikes in the front dug up the ground as the machine plowed the fields.

As the machine was about to get to the end of the field, a hook with several squares sticking out of the 'inside' came out of the right of the machine, perfectly hitting a gear on top of a pillar on the outside of the field, the gear spinning and turning the maching around so it could plow another section, the hook retreating just in time to do so. It continued this way until it finished the entire field, where it attatched itself to what appeared to be train tracks, only there were two of them, one for each set of wheels. These tracks brought it back to where it was in the beginning, where the farmer pulled another lever, and a few stone poles came from the ground to stop the machine - that was obviously quite low on steam - in its tracks.

The boy, at this point, was hiding behind the rock he had been sitting on. The farmer found him anyway, and the boy was forced to give him three perfectly rectangular stones with stick figures on them, and four squares with goat skulls carved on them. The boy left grumbling, though seceretly quite amazed by the farmer's work, as he always was.

"So then... a more complicated version of that, then?" Quinn asked himself... just as the robot's machine gun started up. Luckily, Quinn was familiar with the design of the gun (or at least a similar, steampunk version of it), and when it started spinning he knew it was about to shoot bullets. He quickly opened a steel door to his side, shielding himself with it until the robot was forced to reload. The several dents in the door told him it wouldn't hold much longer, and he didn't really want to be so close to a metal surface being hit by bullets ever again. So he jumped from his cover, and, as fast as possible, used one of the rolls of bandages he got from the med bay.

How, you ask? Simple; he whipped it towards the robot and pulled it, his eyes turning a shining amethyst for a moment as the bandage wound around the robot's arms. The sword extended in an attempt to cut it, until Quinn tugged as the sword, and thus the arm bound to the gun based appendage, embedding itself into the wall. The mummy ran up to his foe, the dagger spinning dangerously in his hand, as he jumped up and sliced the small head off the steel enemy. He quickly found that this didn't stop it, but merely made it go crazy as the arms broke the confining bandage and swung around madly until Quinn jabbed his dagger into its power supply.

Quinn assumed it was powered by steam, but he immediately found himself wrong as he made a shocking (pun very much intended) discovery; it ran on electricity. He couldn't let go of his dagger, and his dagger couldn't tear itself from the battery. Until, of course, one of the arms, now even crazier than before, whacked him away, Quinn hitting the wall and his dagger the floor. He'd certainly be unconscious for a while.
    Last edited by War P. Anda; September 28th, 2010 at 09:15 AM.

[COLOUR=darkgreen]
    As he fell from the bridge, he gave himself an extremely strong electrical charge, so whatever acceleration he had was now boosted by magnetism. When he made contact with the floor, he neutralised his body so he could burst a hole into it, and through a few floors until he reached the hanger, where he then charged himself so he quickly slowed down, until he reached the floor.

His descent did have a toll on him, as parts of his body had been nicked off, scraped, or fallen off. (his left foot was a few floors up, it snagged on a teared bit of metal.) Luckily, the hangar contained spare parts for other robots or aircraft. (what kind of hangar wouldn't?) Venox limped towards a workshop, and grabbed what seemed to be a leg component. He then dismantled the lower half of his left leg and attached the new leg parts. he lifted up the new leg, kicked it out and back, and seemed pleased with the result.

Now that was done, it was time to fulfil the main objective. there were half complete ships littered all over the place, and scaffollding everywhere, but this did not matter. what he was looking for was... aha. Venox looked at it, it was metal, it was shiny, it was a giant lobster. The server in the computer systems had identified it as the "heavy lobster", which was capable of jumping quite high, had flamethrowers in it's claws, and had jets attached to it, this seemed like a suitable weapon which would destroy something called a kirby. Venox wasn't sure what a kirby was, but what he did know that this would be an excellent attachment. He jumped onto it, slammed two legs down into it, and suddenly felt the surge of energy as he activated the lobster. If he encountered the walking code, then it best watch out, because he means business.
    [/COLOUR]

You'll eat 'til you're full! Then you'll eat 'til you burst! Then you'll eat some more! Gun's Avatar

Katherine decided she better look inside. Just looking at the crates wasn't likely to do anything. She had to open them, but she couldn't be particularly bothered with opening every single one by herself. Bending down, with her back to the crate which Samuel was in, (Don't worry, she has no idea he's in there) she picked up the sword again, and letting it scrape across the floor one more time, held it up with no trouble at all, unlike how she'd been pretending earlier. She wound to the right, with the sword behind her, then released and gave a powerful swing, smashing the sword into the crates and breaking them open. As she finished the swing, she let go of the sword, and spun across the room with the remaining momentum and crashed through several other crates before hitting the wall and getting stuck.

More guns. This was no use.

Katherine walked across the room, grabbed the sword by the handle and tried to pull it out, then suddenly noticed one crate was open anyway. Full of more guns.

But why the hell was it open? She frowned.

Stepping back, she slowly put a hand into the crate, and slowly lifted a gun away...

(derp is it battulz tiem now)

Sandolio was shocked awake by the sudden rampage of the haywire robot passing next to him. It was missing its head, but all it seemed to have done to the robot was cause it go insane. He grumbled and rose, mystified by the strange shower of sparks coming down from its neck. Being a native of a primarily magic-based technology society, he wasn't used to electricity in inanimate objects. But no matter.

The robot suddenly unleashed a hail of bullets in Sandolio's direction, causing to curse and dodge for cover behind a corner. Making sure that his hat was still on, he quickly activated one of the wolf souls. "Morder!" he muttered, the word giving direction to the formless blue energy that was beginning to flash about his arm. It quickly reshaped itself into the head of snarling wolf, which roared as it Sandolio rushed the crazed robot.

Sandolio's hand shot towards the gun arm of the robot, and the arcane teeth of the wolf bit deep into the metal. However, he had forgotten about the other arm, which nearly beheaded him. He had luckily leaned just enough out of the way to avoid his head being separated from his shoulders, but the blade cut deep into his ear, splattering a few drops of blood onto the metallic shell of the robot.

"Desregararr!" He shouted as he vaulted over the top of the robot. He grit his teeth and shoved his foot, now covered in a faintly glowing, transparent blue wolf claw, into the innards of the robot. It quickly slashed through the delicate core of the robot's motherboard. The robot's movements quickly slowed, but there was also a keening squeal coming from within the robot. Sandolio's eyes widened as he realized what was going on.

He jumped for cover, this wolf souls returning to within his body. The robot exploded fantastically, its power cell overloaded. A few pieces of shrapnel hit Sandolio, but only one did any major damage - a piece of metal embedded itself in his shoulder.

One torn shirt and a makeshift bandage later, Sandolio was on his way down the robot's path of destruction. Doors, walls, and even ceilings had been shattered by the robot's rampage. He came to the first destroyed wall, a comparatively thin one. On the opposite wall slumped the undead one.

"Well..." Sandolio grumbled to himself, "At least I know what caused him to lose his head." He shuddered to think how strong the kid would have to be to do that much damage with just a dagger. A long gash ran along anotehr wall, leading the bounty hunter to believe that the sword had gotten stuck in the wall and pulled it free.

Sandolio decided that it'd be best to keep an eye on the kid, just in case he was another one of those ax-crazy types. Still, he was thankful for the kid doing as much damage as he had. He might not have won if the power supply hadn't been at critical in the first place.

((Finally! Someone fights for more than one move!))
    Last edited by Eruedraith; September 28th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Samuel was laying in the guns, as quiet as physically possible, matching what felt like the rooms tone, until he had heard the grinding noise one quick final time, before a brief pause. Samuel's suspicions seemed right about the thing that made the grinding noise being nearby, because it clearly sounded almost right next to him. Suddenly, he heard a ton of loud crashes and bangs, all coming from within the room. What the heck was making all that noise! It seemed to be something that could of been of great might, but he stood still, not daring to take a single breath.

Suddenly, he noticed that one of the guns were being lifted slowly out of the crate. He saw as the gun was lifted how bits of light entered the crate. He grinned. His plan had worked, and he had drawn his prey right to him. He then lunged out of the crate, knocking the gun out of who ever had been holding it's hand with his tail, as he landed on the other side of the room. He then straightened his shades with his tail really quick to get a better look of who had wandered into his presence.

It was an odd creature, with four limbs, hair, and seemed rather short. It seemed similar to a few of the other contestants from what he could remember about them. But it seemed shorter, and even younger. It also seemed physically weak. He was to, but he tried to make up for it in stealth and agility. He grinned, bearing his teeth and fangs, thinking this should be easy for his first victim. "Well, well," He said, with both intimidation and amusement in his voice. "What do we have here?"
    Last edited by (>^.^)>; September 28th, 2010 at 03:25 PM.

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

Alex contemplated Dagg's proposal for a second. A partnership? The thought hadn't crossed his mind, but it seemed like a good idea now he was thinking about it. The wolf seemed a bit...frightened? No...more of...intimidated by Alex. Perhaps it was his Angel-Slaying; The Girl had told everyone about that, but that didn't look like it would scare Dagg. Perhaps it was just his Angelic appearance - his faint Holy Aura that he carried around with him. If he could sense something as faint as that, then he would either be a creature of light or dark...or just perhaps good at sensing things. Going with the assumption that Dagg was being sincere, Alex started to think about the partnership.

If he was to team up with Dagg, it would just be prolonging the inevitable. Although Dagg would have to die sometime, Alex thought he could take the beast down, when the time came. And if Alex did join forces with Dagg, they'd be stronger. Together, they could overpower the rest with relative ease, but only when the time came. Alex couldn't kill everyone just now, or too quickly - they'd have to be spaced out. But if everything went according to plan, he would be heading home in no time.

His head out of the clouds, Alex smiled. "A partnership, you say? I believe that can be arranged..."
    Last edited by AuraKnight; September 29th, 2010 at 06:49 AM.
    Home with the milk in the morning / Singing the same old song
    ---
    ---
    ---
    It really does not matter what you are called, or where your work is placed, as long as it brings some kind of joy to some person some place.
    - Charles M. Schultz -

Dagg staggered for a moment. The holy aura made him uneasy, but he managed to somewhat regain his composure. "I uh... Really? I mean, s-sure, what do you need?"
    No room for an answer was given, as an odd noise behind him cut off any attempts to talk.
    He jumped out of the way of a streak of bullets; the holiness however disconcerted him for a moment, and so he bumped against a wall. He shook his head, his senses 'booting up' again, as he stared at the security robot. He quickly summoned blades of darkness and flung them at the robot, causing minor injuries but getting shot in his right-front leg. He screamed in pain, almost dropping to the floor.
    He guessed he'd leave it up to
    the angel.
    Last edited by Megaron; September 29th, 2010 at 08:16 AM.

--

As Sandolio watched, Quinn grunted, his arms shifting as his eyes opened. For a brief moment when he noticed Sandolio, his irises had shown the same amethyst they had before, when he used one of the bandages from the med bay to momentarily aprehend the security robot. And, if one paid attention, a bandage that had fallen out of his pocket when he was thrown against the wall twitched. But his eyes quickly changed back to normal when he saw who was in front of him.

Sandolio thought he had sensed hostility much more than if he had simply suprised the mummy for a moment, but it faded as soon as it came. Probably just his imagination... maybe. Either way, he wan't quite sure what was going to happen here; it wasn't very likely that they would just leave eachother alone, that was for sure.

Quinn slowly got up, noticing his dagger on the other side of the hall. He wouldn't be able to get it without Sandolio noticing, most likely, unless he got a little tricky. Hopefully it wouldn't come to a fight anyway. Currently, a large contrast to his previous glare, his eyes were only half open, and he had an extremely lazy feel about him. "Oh, I was looking for you," he stated simply, before continuing. "I wanted to know if maybe we could form an alliance."

Sandolio, though slightly taken aback by this, quickly recovered. He was used to the undead in his world being slightly more mindless, but he supposed other worlds would be different. Or, prehaps it was that... other magic that seemed to come from him. A lighter one. He would have to find out later, though; something else needed his attendence. Namely, Quinn's question. The Girl, as she had said to call her, had said the mummy was laid-back, almost like he didn't care about this whole 'eight people kill eachother until only one is left and you're one of them' thing. She had also mentioned that the other small girl had an act. If the mummy was pretending to be lazy, she would've mentioned something about him, too. So he figured an alliance with him would be safe enough, as long as he kept an eye on him. So, reluctantly, he gave an answer.

Quinn was mildly suprised with the bounty-hunter's answer of "Fine, then." Quite mildly suprised indeed. Then he realized that he had no idea what to do next. "Cool. Uh... now what, then?" he asked, figuring that Sandolio would be a better tactician than he. Then they heard... sirens? He quickly remembered the robot's words before it attacked. "Oh... crap," he muttered, before looking for any escape routs. The sirens were fairly close, and seemed to be coming from both ends of the hallway, so those two were out. Hmm... uhh...

Better let Sandolio handle this one.
    Last edited by War P. Anda; September 30th, 2010 at 02:10 PM.

"Well now, that could be a problem," Sandolio mused as he listened to the sirens. "I really don't think that we'll be able to fight off that many by ourselves.... maybe..." He grunted as he realized what he'd have to do. This was going to take a lot of energy, but it seemed like it was for the best.

He rose to a crouch and slammed his hands into the ground. He slowly built up the energy... and activated the spell. "Cazar!" he growled as he released two wolf souls. A bright flash of energy briefly blinded Quinn as Sandolio's hair began to ripple from the massive energy that he'd just released.

When he was able to see safely again, Quinn saw two ethereal wolfs sitting on either side of Sandolio. Wordlessly, he pointed them down opposite routes, one up the hallway, one up the other. They both seemed to nod in agreement, rise, and run off at a surprisingly quick speed. He rose to his full height.

"That should slow them," he grunted as a few beads of sweat trickled down his face. "I'm not going to be able to keep them occupied for long, though. I could try to break through the wall, but that would pretty much drain me after that. So. I'm going to do this." taking the fire extinguisher from his belt, he began to run to the left - which was, if he remembered correctly, the way to the med bay. "I'll create a smokescreen with this. With the wolf soul and a loss of visibility, we might be able to get past one of those groups. I just need you to go ahead and run as fast as you can, then we can talk."

Quinn nodded. "Right." Sandolio nodded back, and began to mess around with the switches about the base of the extinguisher. He pulled a few inhibition pins out, and began to so some rather worrying things to it - almost everything labeled 'do not remove' was removed. Meanwhile, Quinn retrieved his knife.

"Can I borrow a length of those bandages?" Sandolio asked. Quinn hesitated. What if this man was attempting to catch him off guard, to try and disarm him? Well, now that he thought about it, the bounty hunter probably didn't know about his abilities, and he had more, superior weapons anyways. "I only need a little," Sandolio said when he saw Quinn's hesitation.

"Yeah, don't worry about it," the undead said as he tore off a short length. Sandolio nodded and didn't say anything, but just began to run along the hallway until he reached the curve. He could hear the wolf soul fighting, as well as feel the drain on his energy whenever it was hurt. HE wouldn't be able to handle this much longer.

Quinn came to a halt behind him. "What are you waiting for?" he asked. "Just spray it."

Sandolio nodded and quickly tied the bandage about the trigger of the extinguisher, and lobbed it around the corner. It must have been more advanced than the ones in his world, because a massive cloud suddenly came out from the nozzle, unchecked by safety valves. Sandolio pulled his collar up and gulped a deep breath of air. "Run," he said briefly, and ducked into the cloud of gas.

Maybe this guy isn't that smart after all, Quinn thought.

((There as SO MANY THINGS that probably would never work in real life in this post. Good thing that it isn't real life.))
    Last edited by Eruedraith; September 30th, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

I just got sniped by a reserved.

Oh the irony.

Spoiler: RIDE LOBSTER LIKE A MECHANICAL BULL 

[COLOUR=darkgreen]Venox waited around for a while, before getting bored. Not very much to do here, and if i were to be ambushed, then i'm sure it would have already happened. Is there a way out of here? He wandered a bit on top of his mount for a while, and soon found a door, which had a pin lock. Ok, i know the code, it's 20..... he then realised he was using the claw to punch the code, and as a result, he punched the lock into the wall. This did not unlock the door, but instead activated a siren. Oh no, this shouldn't have happened. And with that thought he decided he might as well just walk through it.

Thudding through the hallway, he tried to escape the siren. As the lobster clumsily scrabbled around a corner, Three robots were waiting, and opened fire. Venox raised his arm to protect his organic part, and bullets dented his body and the lobster's. The lobster grabbed one of the robots and snapped him in half, and one was torched by the flamethrower, but the last one kept firing. Enough was enough, and the lobster CrabHammered it. Venox lowered his arm. That seemed to be all of them, so he slowly creeped forward. (and accidentally crushed the combusted robot, which was just as well as fire doesn't kill machines.)
    [/COLOUR]
    Last edited by Captain Panda; September 30th, 2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: NINJAS

Katherine jumped back as a white blur jumped out of the crate and smacked the gun out of her hand, letting go of the sword embedded in the wall. She nursed her slightly stinging hand, and looked up as the blur made more sense in her mind and formed into...a snake?

It adjusted it's shades, and smirked. It was wearing a top hat, and seemed rather confident of itself.
    "Well, well, what do we have here?" it said, clearly trying to scare her.

Katherine wasn't sure how to deal with this situation. He clearly planned to take her out, so she could act all vulnerable like he was expecting then slice his head off when he got too close. Or, she could go full out and attack him right here...it was just a snake. A talking snake of course, but it would go down easily. Just a quick chop.

She pondered the situation for a second. Moving her right arm so as to grab the handle of the sword, she flicked her hair, and stared the snake directly in the...shades.

She smirked.

"Not what you think."

With that, she pulled round, letting the sword create a massive opening in the walls of the room. Pulling it round and above her head, she spun the handle round in her fingers, then gripped it tightly and brought it down, levelling it with the snake's head.

"Your move."

"My, isn't someone itching to battle..." Samuel said, as he stared down the blade of the sword. He had not expected her to be able to weild a sword, but he doubted that it would effect the outcome he had planned.

"Very well," He said, as he slowly began slithering to the left, "If you wish for a fight, then I suppose it would be rude to deny you of that request..." He said, still sounding calm, not showing a single bit of doubt in his voice.

"So, without further delay," He said, in a smug way, lowering his entire body flat on the ground, slithering like a normal snake would, "Lets begin my victory."

He said, as he began the fight with a move that would hopefully disable her, as he darted quickly by her legs, and then circled the room several times, in hopes of throwing her off balence. If he could get her to fall on the ground, this battle would be a lot easier for him to win...
    Last edited by (>^.^)>; October 1st, 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Thread Information