Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime/Manga Thread

@Guy
    Count me in.
    No sig for you

Frauds are people too... people who just can't win. Forum Veteran Deathfish64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    dude i thought i was like the only person who knew that existed

Reading through School Rumble at the moment, just finished Vol. 6; Tenma is so &&&&ing adorable i want her ping pong hair it makes me squeeeeeeeee

Also reading/watching Umineko no Naku Koro Ni because Beatrice is so troll
    School Rumble was like, the first manga series I ever read the entirety of online...I got addicted to it I think. It was also the first anime series for which I did the same. Yeah.

I'm reading Nyan Koi at the moment. It's alright.

Oh, and a simulwatch sounds interesting, but it would depend on what we end up watching.

"I'm not in-sane. In fact I'm so far out of sane that you appear as only a tiny blip on the distant coast of sanity."

Oh that sounds kinda awesome actually
    I was thinking of watching Saint Seiya or Fist of the North Star sometime. Maybe one of those?
    3DS: 5112 3747 3678

vBulletein deletes my posts-in-progress when it screws up. E-Blah didn't do that. Friggin' software.

Anyway, the simulwatch would have to be be something that can either be legally streamed (AnimeNewsNetwork has a bunch of those), or something that hasn't be licensed out of Japan, but has fansubs readily available. In the latter's case, it should be something old rather than something new, because the newer series are much more likely to be licensed. This is in correspondence with BitF rule #10. Unfortunately.

Of course, it shouldn't be something anyone's already seen, either. Ultimately I think whatever we watch will be decided by a simple nomination-and-poll system. (I.e., tell me now if there's anything you want to watch so I can add it to the poll I will make later. (And don't officially nominate more than one show.))

Quote Originally Posted by fums View Post
    Oh that sounds kinda awesome actually
    I was thinking of watching Saint Seiya or Fist of the North Star sometime. Maybe one of those?
    Actually, I'm about halfway through Fist of the North Star Hokuto no Ken at the moment... and I'd prefer to avoid watching something I'm already watching. Saint Seiya would be awesome, but I know it's licensed, and I don't know of a place that legally streams it. :[

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

Anyone here familiar with Hayate no Gotoku?

New Pokémon Movie 13 trailer, presented by the Teutonic Pokéfans at Filb.

WOAH.

I. AM. SPEECHLESS.

Shaymin, you are no longer my favourite Pokémon.

That whole "throwing off your guise" effect was ultra-awesome-epic. They've really upped the game with this one. This film will be 12-times-the-awesome of Movie 11.
    WALUIGI IS BACK. NOW THE COMIC IS FUNNY AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Anyone here familiar with Hayate no Gotoku?
    Not familiar with it, but I watched a few episodes some months ago. Can't really remember much of it.

Currently, I'm watching Ookami Kakushi as it gets fan-subbed and released. Speaking of which, I should go watch it now if the next episode is out. So far it seems alright. I'm hoping for some major event to push it up from 'alright' to 'great' or more.
    I've also recently had the urge to watch Jigoku Shoujo again, but it's three 26-episode seasons, and I don't feel like watching ALL of it.

Top 5 favorite anime series I've watched so far:
    -Clannad (and After Story)
    -Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (and Kai)
    -Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (I want Chiru NOW!!)
    -Jigoku Shoujo (all three seasons)
    -Kanon (2007)

So I finished watching Baccano last night (including the OVAs), and goddamn was it awesome.
    ...it's so awesome, that I can't find a way of properly explaining why. So, let's see if I can make a comment about each character, in the order that they appear in the opening.

Spoiler: Probably only has minor spoilers, but better be safe than sorry 

...so next, I'll probably be watching Kara no Kyoukai. 1-6 have finished downloading, and 7 is 50% there.
    Last edited by Chiffon; March 12th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Because R.O.B. Kirby wasn't enough CyberKirby's Avatar
    anyone here besides me ever watch Bomberman Jetters? Basically, it's a game-turned anime much like Pokemon or Mega Man (take your pick on which one). It's a pretty amazing anime, in my opinion. It has a lot twists, turns, and a man named Twist. XDD It also has a lot of emotional background to it, which in this case adds on to the greatness of this anime, once again, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerkec View Post
    Top 5 favorite anime series I've watched so far:
    -Clannad (and After Story)
    -Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (and Kai)
    -Umineko no Naku Koro Ni (I want Chiru NOW!!)
    -Jigoku Shoujo (all three seasons)
    -Kanon (2007)
    I loved the first two seasons, but Mitsuganae just made me go σ_σ. It felt like such a disappointment compared to the depth of the first two. The basic setup of every episode was getting a bit stale by then too, I suppose. Higurahi and Umineko are also awesome.

Top 5 completed series for me:
    1. Dai Mahou Touge
    2. GaoGaiGar Final
    3. Evangelion
    4. Kaiji
    5. Cromartie High School
    6. Dokuro-chan
    7. Godannar
    8. Macross 7
    9. Urusei Yatsura

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I loved the first two seasons, but Mitsuganae just made me go σ_σ. It felt like such a disappointment compared to the depth of the first two. The basic setup of every episode was getting a bit stale by then too, I suppose. Higurashi and Umineko are also awesome.
    Yeah, the third was definitely the worst of the three, but I still enjoyed it a bit.
    I can't remember if I liked the first season or Futakomori more. Which is probably some of the reason why I feel like watching it again.

Speaking of Jigoku Shoujo, I'm wondering if they're going to try to make a fourth season? Part of me wants it, and part of me hopes it never happens because, as you said, the set up of the episodes is already sort of stale, and I can't see the show following any other type of set up.
    I checked when the seasons aired, and if there IS a fourth, it'll probably be in October of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerkec View Post
    Not familiar with it, but I watched a few episodes some months ago. Can't really remember much of it.

-Kanon (2007)
    I recomend the manga not the anime, it wasn't as good.

Also, I second your decision on Umineko no Naku Koro Ni

TurtwigTurt Dunsparce&TurtwigQueen's Avatar
    I am watching Keroro Gunso! Or Pokemon

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar
    Have been reading the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga the past few days. You know, the one that isn't just about childrens card games. I'm now at the last volume.
    Last edited by Taigiry; March 13th, 2010 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ⑨iygas View Post
    Have been reading the original Yu-Gi-Oh manga the past few days. You know, the one that isn't just about childrens card games. I'm now at the last volume.
    You know, I actually liked those first 7 volumes. They weren't great or anything, but the random games can get pretty interesting. And Yugi's disproportionate retribution is amazing.
    After those it blows though, since I find watching people play card games really boring.
    3DS: 5112 3747 3678

Yeah I prefer it over the whole card game, too. You can see that the original focus wasn't on the card game, but on the games in general. The rules for Duel Monsters were really different compared to today.

For some reason, I still read Bleach and Naruto unironically.

Anyways, been watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Bros before Hos on Adult Swim's webbersite. Since I haven't seen the first anime in awhile, it's pretty nice and not a total retread for me.
    Tweeeeet.(May not be suitable for anyone sane or those possessing any amount of un-sweariness.)

~HARMONY HARMONY OH LOVE~

I finished Kara no Kyoukai.

Like with Baccano, I can't exactly say anything about it, though that's because it was really confusing most of the time. Still very interesting, and a nice 99,99% serious story for the Nasuverse (the other 0,01% is Shiki being tsundere during some of the epilogues).
    I wish there were more cases unrelated to the main story, though. But that's already asking for too much.

Yu-gi-oh was awesome before Duel Monsters. Then it was sort of alright. Then they just got rid of Yugi but for some reason still named the series after his alternate persona, at which point it really... really should've just died. But, I suppose everyone who cares is already well aware of this.

I'm nearing the end of Galaxy Express 999, which may be the most epic anime series I have ever seen to completion. I hope many answers are laid out bare (primarily: wtf is with Maetel?), since it seems like so many mysteries have been teasing me since very early in the series. But, regardless, whenever I come to the head of a 100+ episode series, it always somehow feels like... the end of an area. It's as though this is really it; what am I going to do now?

My second favorite anime right now is horon highschool host club. It can sometimes go overboard, but it's still good. And my number one is.......(crud)..... the frog one. Wow, I showed that that's my fav one.

Quote Originally Posted by pikmon2 View Post
    My second favorite anime right now is horon highschool host club. It can sometimes go overboard, but it's still good. And my number one is.......(crud)..... the frog one. Wow, I showed that that's my fav one.
    Do you, perhaps, mean Ouran High School Host Club? If so, then yes, that is an awesome show, and was actually among a few other gateway anime (primarily among those, Macross 7) I watched in '06 that spurred me into watching more of these obscure japanese cartoons. If not, then I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Guy; March 13th, 2010 at 06:47 PM.

Banned
    Reason: Multiple Rule Violations

This is what now?
    [lolianswerafterlikeweeks]

Dururara so however you spell it I always forget.

It's fairly new.

Yu-gi-oh was awesome before Duel Monsters. Then it was sort of alright. Then they just got rid of Yugi but for some reason still named the series after his alternate persona, at which point it really... really should've just died. But, I suppose everyone who cares is already well aware of this.
    Yu-go-oh means "king of games", so they sort of named Yugi after the show, not the other way.

YOU CAN'T GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF SLIFY'S TITLE Slify's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    dude i thought i was like the only person who knew that existed

Reading through School Rumble at the moment, just finished Vol. 6; Tenma is so &&&&ing adorable i want her ping pong hair it makes me squeeeeeeeee
    Are you Harima x Yakumo , Harima x Eri, or Harima x Tenma so far?
    Only losers use punctuation.

Quote Originally Posted by ⑨iygas View Post
    Yu-go-oh means "king of games", so they sort of named Yugi after the show, not the other way.
    (We both know you mean the manga, not the show.) It depends upon how you look at it, I think, but either way it's pretty obvious that the protagonist's name and the series' name were designed for each other, which was the point I was trying to make there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi Cuttlefish View Post
    [lolianswerafterlikeweeks]
    Dururara so however you spell it I always forget.
    It's fairly new.
    Oh, I see. I hadn't heard that abbreviation for it before.

So after the epicness of 999, I'm watching the mildness of Pretty Cure. The henshin costumes, most action scenes, as well as OP and ED songs are at least somewhat awesome. The rest is fairly typical shoujo magical girl stuff, complete with the borderline-obnoxious protagonist personality, annoying/nonsensical furry thing which happens to be there, cliché love interest, and ominous evil force who for some reason just sends out this pathetic guy (who I'm sure will later be replaced by a less-pathetic guy/chick) to summon monsters. The pros outweigh the cons however, so I'm planning on seeing this through to the end. I think I'll pass on the myriad of sequels, though. Has anyone else happen to have seen this series before?
    Last edited by Guy; March 14th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Thread Information