Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYOA)

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Re: Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations (A CYOA)

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    Let's go talk to Lauren. See if she actually is injured like Glass said.
    Yes. Tell Glass you're doing this just to bug him.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

Spoiler: ??? 

I usually say something witty and clever here but I can't think of anything. How sad.

Talk: Magnifi: Moving the Body

You turn to Magnifi and ask him another question "Would it be possible for the killer to have moved the body from another location to the security room?" Magnifi looks rather disgruntled that you're still here. He answers "I suppose that's a possibility. But you would need solid evidence to suggest that that's actually true. Also, I'm not sure while you're talking to me about this. You're still a detective yourself." You shout "You have no proof of that!" The detective stares at you in confused silence. You decide to ignore his opinions.

You begin to wonder aloud about who could have a motivation to frame Lauren. By this I mean you start shouting all of your thoughts incredibly loudly, as close to Magnifi's ear as possible. He kicks you out of the security room. However, it is not a total loss. Among your recollections you decide that no one you were aware of had a motive against Lauren, especially considering she wasn't the one who died. However, anyone could have had a motive that simply isn't obvious without further investigation.

You begin considering where to go next. To determine this, we'll count up the votes. We have two votes to visit the Chief's office, two votes for the detention center room place, and one vote for the medical room. That's a two-way tie. Since I don't want to do a recount I'll just boot Vesti over to the Chief's Office anyway because why not.

Move: Chief's Office

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 9:10 AM Location: Police Department, Chief's Office.

You head down the hall freaking out about all of your suspicion's being correct. Eventually you make your way inside. The chief's office is simply a room with a standard wooden desk. It also has a filing cabinet and other boring stuff like that. On the left wall hangs two violins and a viola and two celloes lean against the wall. One of the violins is broken and lying on the floor. On the right wall is another door. You take a few steps into the room when the aforementioned door opens loudly and a man walks in. He shouts "It's Vesti! Good to see you! What brings you here?" A man stands in front of the doorway. Unlike Detective Glass the chief wears a red plaid shirt and pants. He is perhaps somewhere in his early forties, and he has silver hair that looks faily normal except for a part of it that sweeps off the left side of his head and upwards, like a wing or a gust of wind. You reply "I'm here to investigate the murder of Officer Bajj, Chief." The man responds "Oh, please. Enough with your formalities! Just call me Antonio Bridges! As for the investigation, why are you even investigating here? Isn't the crime scene the security room?" You explain "Of course Ch... Antonio, but we've found evidence that suggests that the body may have been moved from this office to the security room." "Ah, I understand." Chief Bridges replies "Feel free to look around all you want! Just... please be careful with my instruments... I don't want another one broken." {Antonio Bridges added to Profiles}

Investigation: Chief's Office
    Examine:
    Instruments, Broken Violin, Desk, Filing Cabinet, Right Door, Documents, Poster.
    Talk:
    Antonio Bridges
    Magnifi Glass
    Officer Bajj
    Chief
    Instruments
    Move:
    Detention Center
    Medical Room
    Security Room
    Lobby
    Present:
    To Antonio Bridges
    What will you do now?
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Present Antonio your police Badge.

Then examine the broken violin, and ask Antonio why it's broken, and such.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post

You forgot favorite color.

Quote Originally Posted by Sable-Xeno View Post

Also take a look at the left shark right door.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Spoiler: A journey of a thousand words starts with a couple quotes! 

Everyone asks about the broken violin oh boy.

Examine: Poster

You take a look at the poster. It is a poster showing some kind of strings symphony. According to the list of performers Antonio was a member at some point. It doesn't seem to be particularly important. (That poster wasn't in the original overview of the room because I just decided to add it to the end of the examine list when I was making that. If an item on the Examine list isn't mentioned in the room, then that's probably because it's not important.

Present: Police Badge: Antonio Bridges

You show Bridges the amazing wonder of nature that is your Police Badge. He says "Your police badge? Why are you showing that to me? Are you turning it in?" "Of course not!" you shout "Why would I resign from my job?" "How should I know! There are numerous reasons! You may have found a better offer, or had trouble with the other officers, or perhaps you got tired of me playing Mozart throughout the entire day! There are many reasons." (I suppose at least one of those is applicable to my current situation...)

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Favorite Color

You ask Antonio "What's your favorite color?" The chief appears to be deep in thought for a minute. Eventually he replies "Hmm... Probably orange. Maybe brown. What about you Vesti? What's YOUR favorite color?" You reply "Umm... Green, I guess..." "AHA! That must explain why you wear green all the time, right?" "Uh... Yeah..." (Briliant deduction, chief)

Examine: Right Door

You walk to the right door and open it. You look outside and ask "Where does this door leave?" Bridges replies "That's the practice range! You know, obstacle courses and firing ranges and stuff. You came out there a week ago, silly!" You sigh "Oh... That's right. I suppose I did." Antonio happily continues "Don't you remember? That was where you tripped on-" "Alright!" you interject "That's enough of this discussion for now."

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Officer Bajj

You ask the chief "What did you know about the victim?" He explains "Officer Bajj? He was a really good officer. He was on the force for a long time. I even worked with him when I was still an officer. It's a shame that he passed away." You ask "Do you know of anyone with a motive to kill him?" "Not really. Unless some police officer wanted more power in the police department, but that seems somewhat unlikely..."

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Magnifi Glass

You suddenly shout "It's CLEAR to me that that detective Glass guy is BREAKING my mind! You need to FIRE him and stuff." Chief Bridges is knocked back by the force of your terrible puns, but somehow continues anyway. "Well, he may be somewhat of a jerk, but he's one of the best detective on our force. He's solved many cases during his long career. If anyone can solve this incident, he can." You cross your arms in annoyance. Bridges continues "You're a great detective too, Vesti! It's just that Magnifi Glass has more experience and-" You interrupt "Alright let's just move on."

Examine: Broken Violin

You take a look at the violin. Everything above the fingerboard is alright, but the bottom is completely destroyed. Between the two C-bouts is a large gash seperating the bottom and top of the violin from each other. All of the strings have snapped. In essence, the violin is now in two pieces. However, the top of the fingerboard, as well as the peg box and scroll, appear unharmed. The bridge of the violin has deteched and is lying on the floor. You ask "How did this violin get broken?" Magnifi says "It's quite a shame isn't it? I was going to play a sad nocturne on my violin in its honor but then I remembered it was broken. I haven't used my other violin for a few months, so it's probably really out of tune. I guess I'll have to fix that at some point soon anyway." You reply "That's a really sad story, but it doesn't answer my question." Antonio continues "Oh, right! To be honest, I'm not sure how it broke. Yesterday night I briefly left the office, and when I came back that violin was broken! The most likely possibility is that the hook it was on broke and it simply fell, but I don't know for sure." {Broken Violin added to Evidence}

Examine:
    Instruments, Desk, Filing Cabinet, Documents.
    Talk:
    Evidence Room
    Antonio Bridges
    Magnifi Glass
    Officer Bajj
    Instruments
    Move:
    Detention Center
    Medical Room
    Security Room
    Lobby
    Present:
    To Antonio Bridges
    What will you do now?

NOTE: I cut a few parts of actions out to shorten the times of this update. Don't be surprised if not all of your actions appears in the update.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Take the obviously unimportant poster. It might be important later!

Then examine and talk about the instruments.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

Quote Originally Posted by SockOutTheWindow View Post
    Take the obviously unimportant poster. It might be important later!

Then examine and talk about the instruments.
    Yesh.

Examine the hook the violin was on to make sure it's really broken.

Then talk about the Evidence Room, as well as the man in charge himself, Antonio. Make sure to flatter him a lot.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Spoiler: I can't decide on a name for this box. 

You steal the poster and then laugh maniacally before stuffing it in your pocket. Whether or not it is used as evidence remains to be seen. Since I have little of the confrontation planned out, it could end up that way. {Symphony Poster added to Evidence}

You also try to change your favorite color but fail.

Examine: Instruments

You take a look at the instruments. The cellos are simply leaning against the wall. They have a thingy that prevents them from falling though. The viola and violins are simply hanging off of hooks by a string attached under the scroll. Sure enough the string connected to the broken violin is snapped. Perhaps that's why it fell. Antonio starts shouting "Ah so you've taken an interest to my instruments have you." "Um... Not really..." you reply, but Antonio doesn't listen. "Now that cello is one I used way back in sixth grade when I first began playing! I bought the others later. As for the viola, I've began learning how to play it recently. I plan to learn to play a double bass as well some day." "That's very interesting." you interrupt before he can go on another tangent. "But I have another question. Would you allow me to forensically investigate that broken violin?" "Sure." he replies "It's not playable now. But you would need some forensic equipment to do so, and you don't appear to have any. There's no here in the office either..." (Perhaps Lauren Tehra still has some equipment I could use.)

Examine: Filing Cabinet

You ask "Could I examine your filing cabinet and some of those documents?" The chief replies "Sure. I doubt you'd find anything of use though." You take a look at the filing cabinet. It is a fairly standard cabinet, but there is nothing of use inside. To the left of the filing cabinet is a wastebasket containing a pair of white gloves. You decide to take them because you can. {White Gloves added to Evidence}

Examine: Documents

You take a look at the documents on the desk. One in particular looks notable. You show it to Antonio. "What is this document about?" Antonio shouts "Taking an interest in the police chief's work, I see! Perhaps you're hoping to be promoted to this position." "I'm not actually." you mumble "Could you just answer the question?" "FINE!" the chief takes the paper and looks it over. "Ah, this paper. This is detailing some thefts in the evidence room." "Thefts?" "Yes. For about two months evidence from past cases has been dissapearing from the Evidence Room. We're currently trying to figure out who's doing it, but due to the lack of security cameras in the evidence room, we're having problems." "Why aren't there security cameras in the evidence room?" you ask. Chief Bridges replies "Because I keep forgetting to put them in the budget." (I'm not certain this man is qualified for his job.) {Evidence Room Thefts added to Evidence}

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Absence

"You said you left your office yesterday. When was this?" Antonio explains "I left the office at around 10:20. I came back at around 10:30." "Why did you leave your office?" "I had to use the restroom." "That figures." you mumble.

Talk: Antonio Bridges: Antonio Bridges

"So how did you become the chief of police?" Antonio replies "Well when the last chief retired, he hired me for the job. I was a detective back then, and I had already proven myself to be fairly capable. So I agreed." "Well, you are indeed faily capable." "Well the same could easily be said for you Vesti! Besides, I'm not technically a detective anymore." "That may be true, but you must have been a fairly capable detective to reach this position." "Well of course. That's what I just said." "Oh, right." you mutter. The chief continues "I'm beginning to question whether you really are that capable. Perhaps you should take that test again..." (Well the conversation was a disaster.)

Examine:
    Desk.
    Talk:
    Evidence Room
    Antonio Bridges
    Magnifi Glass
    Officer Bajj
    Instruments
    Move:
    Detention Center
    Medical Room
    Security Room
    Lobby
    Present:
    To Antonio Bridges
    What will you do now?
    OH MY GOODNESS!

First, name the box above the stuff "Planet".
    *asplodes*

Go to detention and ask Lauren for some equipment that you could use. Then examine the deskadooble.

Examine da Desk and talk to da Tony.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

Spoiler: Q is for Quotes and Quail. 

You try to name the box above the stuff "Planet" but I have no idea what box the action is referring to so you fail.

"Perhaps the killing had something to do with the thefts? And Officer Bajj found something that proved the theif's identity and then the killer silenced him?" Antonio appears to be deep in thought, and soon he replies "That could be the case. Too bad we can't ask Officer Bajj right?" "Yeah I suppose that would make things easier..." Antonio laughs "What if we had some kind of way to channel his spirit and ask him a bunch of questions? That would be really convenient!" You sigh "Antonio, I'm afraid that imagining new and psysically impossible investigation methods isn't going to help much." The chief replies "Don't be such a stick in the mud, Vesti! I'm just trying to lighten the mood!" (I don't think lightening the mood is really appropriate in this situation...)

Examine: Desk

You take a look at the desk. It is a normal desk. There's one of those name plate stick things on it with Antonio's name, as well as a few writing utensils. There appear to be numerous official documents on the desk, but upon closer examination it turns out that most of them are just pieces of sheet music. One corner of the desk has cleaning supplies and a rag on it. there doesn't appear to be much else of note.

Also I apparently forgot to cross out Antonio Bridges' talk option in the last post but whatever. His name is also not written under "Talk" and italized. I'm clearly really good at this.

Present: Antonio Bridges: Lauren Tehra

You show Lauren Tehra's image to Antonio. He appears to become sad "What a shame. She was such a good investigator. It's a shame that she had to commit murder like this." "You appear to be ignoring the fact Lauren Tehra's guilt hasn't even been proven yet." "Well she does appear to be the most likely suspect." "Just because she's the most 'likely suspect' doesn't mean she's guilty either!" Antonio suddenly begins playing the E string on one of his violins as loudly as possible, for no obvious reason. (My ears may hurt, but at least that conversation is over.)

Present: Antonio Bridges: Officer Bajj

You follow this up by shoving a picture of Officer Bajj into Antonio's face. "What was your history with the victim." you ask. Antonio begins explaining "Well, we both joined the force at the same time! In that time, we became friends, and eventually I moved up to the rank of detective, while he stayed as a police officer. Occasionally the two of use would work together on cases and- Wait, why am I telling you all this." You mumble "Umm... because I asked..." "This barely has anything to do this case! You're trying to distract me so you can steal one of my cellos, aren't you." You sigh "Um... no... why would I-" "Be lucky I'm a merciful chief!" he interjects "I'll let you off the hook for now. But if you try this again you'll be out of a job!" (I'm not sure how he expects me to sneak a cello out of that door in the first place...)

Move: Detention Center

You decide that you're tired of talking to the chief. You shout "Alright that was fun see ya later BYEEEEEEE" over your shoulder and then depart from the room. You turn left and head for the detention center.

Date: Saturday, October 21st, 2015. Time: 9:50 AM Location: Police Department, Detention Center.

You find yourself back in the Detention Center. Lauren Tehra is currently sitting in a chair reading some kind of book. She looks up upon hearing the door open "Hello again, Vesti! What brings you here?" "I managed to stall your arrest for a little longer, and I came back to ask you a few questions." "Well that's nice. What would you like to ask?"

Investigation: Detention Center
    Examine:
    The World.
    Talk:
    Lauren Tehra
    Magnifi Glass
    The Wound
    Antonio Bridges
    Forensic Supplies
    Move:
    Chief's Office
    Medical Room
    Security Room
    Lobby
    Present:
    To Lauren Tehra
    What will you do?
    Last edited by Planetbox; January 25th, 2016 at 11:34 AM.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Investigate the world, then talk about the wound and forensic supplies.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

Quote Originally Posted by Planetbox View Post
    There appear to be numerous official documents on the desk, but upon closer examination it turns out that most of them are just pieces of sheet music. One corner of the desk has cleaning supplies and a rag on it. there doesn't appear to be much else of note.
    IS THAT A PUN I SEE??

Do what Sock said, then ask about Magnifi and Antonio.

Working on something big. ...Okay, maybe not that big, but still pretty cool.

Yeah, do what Sock said.

Spoiler: The Land of the Quotes 

Examine: The World

You zoom into space and take a look at the world. It is mostly blue with a few multicolored landmasses scattered about. You immediately begin dying of outer space so you zoom back to Earth. You then examine the world up close, seeing many remarkable features and exciting scenes! You also see a bunch of annoying people. You also see a volcano, which you accidentally fly into. Since the CYOA can't really progress if the protagonist has been melted, that event is reset and the story continues as if it didn't happen.

You ask Lauren if her alibi is really true. She agrees that she really didn't see Antonio in the office, which makes sense as seen due to information we already know.

Talk: Office Room Visit

You ask "Did you notice anything important when you visited Antonio Bridge's office last night." She thinks and replies "Hmm... Now that you mention it, I did notice something odd... When I arrived there I noticed that one of the violin's on the wall was lying on the floor, broken. I didn't really have time to examine it more closely though. I was going to tell Antonio about it today, but you can see how that turned out." {Lauren's Call updated in Evidence}

Talk: Lauren's Wound

"Do you actually have a wound on your arm?" Lauren sighs "So they mentioned that, did they? Well, I was cutting some meat at home yesterday, when I goofed up and sliced my wrist. Granted, I can't really confirm that statement." You ask "Can I see the wound?" She takes the white glove off of her right hand, and shows the wrist to you. Underneath it are two large bandages on the wrist and down the side. "I can't exactly show you the wound, because I'd bleed to death, which wouldn't really be efficient... but here's the bandage itself." {Visit Sheet Stain updated in Evidence}

Present: Lauren Tehra: Evidence Room Thefts

You try to shove the document regarding the thefts into Lauren's face, but fail. The paper simply slams into the window. Lauren looks at you past the sheet. "Is that the document on the thefts? I was told about that a lot when I was guarding the Evidence Room. I'm not sure why they bothered though. I doubt anyone would have tried to steal that evidence right in front a guard. They would surely steal the stuff when it's unguarded." "Do you have any information about these thefts?" "Not really." she replies "I certainly didn't see anything."

Talk: Forensic Supplies

"Can I borrow some of your forensic supplies for the investigation?" Lauren smiles "Sure!" She then reaches for her bag, but then remembers that he bag was confiscated. She sighs "Nevermind. They confiscated everything. Maybe you can get some at... Oh wait! I almost forgot!" She reaches into the pocket of her coat and pulls out a bottle of a blue liquid. She hands it to you. "The police didn't check this coat for some reason. To be honest I have no clue what they were doing. Anyway, all I have is that bottle of Luminol, but it should be enough for now." You take the bottle and reply "Thanks!" "Don't mention it! But do be careful with that stuff. It stains clothes." "...Does it really stain clothes?" "I've never tested that actually. But you clothes will be stained one way or another if I find out you've broken it." (I'm glad to have such nice friends.) {Luminol Testing Fluid added to Evidence} {{This bottle can be sprayed at anything (and anyone, of course) in a room at anytime. Simply specify what you are spraying with it to use it.}}

Investigation: Detention Center
    Examine:
    This room is a barren as a deserted desert!
    Talk:
    Lauren Tehra
    Magnifi Glass
    The Wound
    Antonio Bridges
    Forensic Supplies
    Move:
    Chief's Office
    Medical Room
    Security Room
    Lobby
    Present:
    To Lauren Tehra
    Spray: Luminol
    What will you do?
    OH MY GOODNESS!