Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My slow descent into madness.

To vex the world rather than divert it. Villerar's Avatar

Re: My slow descent into madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zant View Post
    I'm pretty sure MRA's and fedoras are the opposite of each other. One side is a bunch of women-hating jerks who disguise themselves as a good cause, and fedoras are generally associated with those who likes women a bit too much. You know, the slimy neckbearded types that go 'my lady' a lot. Though I think that's more of a stereotype.
    You're right about the fedora not being his addition and also about GamerGate not being entirely MRA (a lot of the originals seemed to despise MRAs, but there are influential MRAs in GamerGate and NSFW sites like AVFM, Reaxxion and RoK try to cater to them), but the fedora stereotypes and the MRAs aren't per se distinct (but not every MRA likes fedoras or the stereotype of course). And MRA dudes are not opposed to having sex with women, it's that they want women to have less power across the board which includes the bedroom for as far as I can tell the most of them. The "men going their own way" are the ones who reject any sexual interaction with women.streamed into various movements like men's rights activism. The fedora guys of OK Cupid meanwhile aren't simply mocked for liking women too much, but for actually holding extremely sexist beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetbox View Post
    I feel like the problems started when he went to the debate threads and left Castle Lololo.
    Welcome to my nightmare the madhouse the trenches.

The tipping point happened when GamerGate broke the scene and he made that topic about representation of women in video games. He has been occasionally stepping into and derailing topics about gender ever since.

Oh thank Boalt, now my soul can finally rest in peace. I don't really have anything to say about him that hasn't been said before - I think I only directly argued with him once or twice, but I lurked in the debate threads and I am so, so sorry Villerar - but suffice to say, I'm glad he's gone. I mean, the fact that he seemed to think that these forums were caught up in some kinda Anita Sarkeesian-worshiping conspiracy was kinda hilarious, but... the fact that I came back from the dead because he finally got banned wiped from the forum's plane of existence should tell you something.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

I pretty much only stalk the videogame/comic forums and I didn't even pay attention enough to this guy to know anyone disliked him...

Hope he becomes less rude in the future, though
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by War P. Anda View Post
    the fact that he seemed to think that these forums were caught up in some kinda Anita Sarkeesian-worshiping conspiracy was kinda hilarious
    That really is the funniest and most confusing thing about this guy. Like, I already mentioned this but a lot of the people he'd accuse of being "Anita worshippers" straight up aren't the world's biggest fans of her and only really like the general goal she strives for.

The one thing I really wish I could've gotten an answer on... why he was so afraid of feminism and was so convinced that men were on the verge of being enslaved. I asked him and the only real response he gave was denying that he hated feminism. Which is hilarious because it's obvious that he does, unless his warped little mind convinced himself that he could accomplish the impossible and self-contradictory task of being both a heavily misogynistic anti-feminist and a person who does not oppose feminism or hate women.

Like I just don't get the whole MRA thing in general. Do MRA people think that giving women equal pay and equal opportunity will lead to a mob of women running up to you with a rusty knife to cut your dick and balls off? Although, from the perspective of a psychotic woman hater, I guess the fear of your unwarranted hatred eventually biting you in the ass isn't all too unfounded; I would just hope the response would be "maybe I should fix myself" rather than "no, BURY THEM EVEN MORE".
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

To vex the world rather than divert it. Villerar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    The one thing I really wish I could've gotten an answer on... why he was so afraid of feminism and was so convinced that men were on the verge of being enslaved. I asked him and the only real response he gave was denying that he hated feminism. Which is hilarious because it's obvious that he does, unless his warped little mind convinced himself that he could accomplish the impossible and self-contradictory task of being both a heavily misogynistic anti-feminist and a person who does not oppose feminism or hate women.
    He considers himself an equity feminist of sorts, who supports strict legal equality but specific policies to redress imbalances. It's similar to the Christina Hoff Sommers ploy.

Like I just don't get the whole MRA thing in general. Do MRA people think that giving women equal pay and equal opportunity will lead to a mob of women running up to you with a rusty knife to cut your dick and balls off? Although, from the perspective of a psychotic woman hater, I guess the fear of your unwarranted hatred eventually biting you in the ass isn't all too unfounded; I would just hope the response would be "maybe I should fix myself" rather than "no, BURY THEM EVEN MORE".
    They think equal pay and equal opportunity are already fact and that any differences in outcome are because of women's choices, if they don't think women have it better (and they'd point to things like women outperforming men in tertiary education - although that in fact doesn't translate to a better job market because of old boys' networks, which is a somewhat bigger problem in private sector jobs). MRAs are also very prone to reduce the 'free choices' to biological differences between sexes, so they consider policies to change it ominous social engineering.

So they wouldn't agree with us on the facts.

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

The Villager of Death is a gender egalitarian according to the poll I created in the Kirby Club (though it requires an account there to view it): Gender Rights (however, it got locked)
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Kirbinator View Post
    The Villager of Death is a gender egalitarian according to the poll I created in the Kirby Club (though it requires an account there to view it): Gender Rights (however, it got locked)
    which is funny, considering he seems dead set on women not being equal

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

which is funny, considering he seems dead set on women not being equal
    Honestly, I think for him and his type it's more "WOMEN ARE ALREADY EQUAL, YOU UNGRATEFUL [insert misogynistic slur here]ES!" or something along those lines, and they view any further attempts to make things easier for women as... a threat to equality? or something like that. Obviously it's still super messed up and wrong, but I think Deku, at least, probably didn't see himself as against equality. Really, it's basically just the difference between "conscious misogyny" and "subconscious misogyny"... Deku would probably be among those afflicted by the latter, using his famously terrible debate skills in an attempt to justify a hatred he doesn't realize he holds.

...also jeez, I didn't realize how weird the forum's mechanics had gotten. The "topic review" when you preview a post is like. Super messed up. Woah.

My fondest memory of the little &&&& is when I rebutted one of his points once and he discounted my opinion because he thought I was a girl.

Goddamn hilarious.

Also, since it's pretty clear that nobody gives a damn anymore, what're the odds of gettin' rid of the swear filters, eh? Ehhhh?

The Villager of Death said in the TKC post that he believed that women had already received enough rights.

Regardless, women still don't have equal rights in much of the world as of this post. I never understood the Villager of Death's logic about him supporting gender egalitarianism yet be subtly misogynistic.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

subtly misogynistic
    calling him subtle would be to give him too much credit

anyway, good riddance to bad rubbish and all that
    i just hope he manages to wake up and actually realise the mistakes in his thinking, that'd be the real loss here

The Villager of Death really loves his straw women.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

I was checking BitFinity forums to see if any activity was ongoing (but it's all just troll spam btw, sorry Kirbinator), and found that VoD had an account.
    His sig says this:
    Once you make a group mad on the internet, your reputation can never be regained.
    Hah, as if we were mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

The Villager of Death really loves his straw women.
    That's because he was practically a walking straw MRA.

Here is VoD's own forum: http://bitforumsreborn.freeforums.net (he was kind enough to make me a mod)
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Another trainwreck in the making. I'll just kick back and grab some popcorn. Gotta be fun with VoD as an admin, who proudly states
    Quote Originally Posted by in his sig
    Pissing off feminists since 2014
    Seriously, BitFinity failed, what makes people think this one will fare better?

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

Matt should just convert this into a forum related to his other projects so that more people will come and this forum won't die

...it might just be too late though, haha
    *shrug*
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

Forum Moderator

His sig is golden now:

"You guys can't take a ****ing joke. I'm a troll "

Sounds like the troll is getting trolled. The unintentional comedy may never end.

Not sure what's more hilarious. That he's still lurking here or that he actually cares about what we say. Or maybe the fact that he thinks we actually take him seriously?

Forum Moderator

On a more serious note, I actually genuinely feel sorry for the guy right now (or maybe it's just embarassment for his cause?). He's one of the single most failed attempts at a troll I've ever seen: doesn't matter if he was always a troll or if it's just a thing he's spouting right now, for the most part all he did was make people laugh at him. He's either backpedaling and saying "I'm a troll!" to try to save face, or he was just never an effective troll because he barely angered anyone. Regardless of which is the truth, they're both genuinely pathetic scenarios that almost make me feel bad for him.

My advice to him, because he's clearly still able to see this and the BitForums Reborn &&&&posting: learn to let go. It's sad, it's not working, and it's just gonna be a wasted effort that continues to get you needlessly frustrated. You're not cut out for the troll life, there are better things for you to be doing (and no that doesn't include being a misogynist asshole).

I am the guy who edited the fedora onto his avatar. Hello.
    Thank you

Villager updated his sig yet again:
    >When people still don't realize by troll I mean I'm doing it so people can laugh at me and being intentionally stupid.

Reviewer, good guy, everyman Iamabrawler's Avatar

Obviously ther guy is a troll, but can I say I'm just plain fed up of MRAs, G-G and the term SJW? Everyone would live much better if the first two never showed their ugly faces, and the third one is a term that needs to disappear. Because it's a catch-all term to use on people who disagree with you, it's like the new Godwin's Law. This word needs to die.

I usually try to respect other people's opinions, but either of the first two, and users of the third term, deserve no respect from me.
    Last edited by Iamabrawler; July 12th, 2015 at 04:14 PM.
    You know stories don't work as well when they haven't been Planned All Along!

New review:
    War Games: The Dead Code (Part 1) (Part 2)

Thanks for helping the site reach 200,000 views!

Forum Moderator

> tfw he doesn't know what trolling is

Villager of Death is the kind of kid who would add extra superpowers to his hero so he would always be the strongest and never have any conflict. He reminds me of a line spoken to a character from the movie Kung Pow Enter the Fist (very dumb yet entertaining movie): "we trained you wrong, as a joke". He thinks losing is winning.

Don't quote the inevitable response to this: that gives him the sad attention he wants

There is no point tolerating the intolerant.

I am usually tolerant of others.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Thread Information