Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,004 of 1004

Thread: (CYOA) Brawl in the Family Plays Pokemon Red

Re: (CYOA) Brawl in the Family Plays Pokemon Red

Like a flash of light, C and the rest of his gang are warped just outside of the Silph. Co building, back in Saffron. The group looks around, as C seems to be holding the fainted Asphoxia.

"Good. It seems that ordeal is over. Though we're out of the literal burning building and back into the metaphorical frying pan...or...whatever. Bill is still out there, and while he can't get to you right now, C, he will find a way. And there's still...the otehr Bill. The one responsible for this whole mess. The one responsible for..."

Mewtwo tensed his fists for but a moment, looking down. He looked back up towards C, staring into his eyes. He seemed...pained.

"You do remember who I am...don't you? You know it's me...Buttertwo. I can see it in those eyes. But you must be so curious, how I'm like this now...how I'm a 'real Mewtwo.' Well, I'll tell you."

"Truth be told, I was always a 'real Mewtwo'. I lived in a secret, secluded village of Pokemon in the far-off Kalos region. I just wanted peace, to be left alone after escaping my 'creator'...which is something I'd rather not share. It brings up painful memories."

"I resided on my lonesome, inside of a nearby cave. None of the pokemon there bothered me, and I didn't bother them. It was a simple existence, one that would be shaken from its foundation. Once I met him. Or, rather, once he met me..."

"Clauren."

"This human...he was smart. Or at least, was trying to act smart. He sent out Dark Type after Dark Type against me, thinking he was prepared to dea
    significant damage to me. He was wrong. His first choice...well, would you even call it a pokemon?"

"So, this is the 'Ultimate Lifeform'...or so they say. To be the Ultimate, you'd need to be the combination of every living creature on this planet, and all of their good traits. Something that would make them obsolete in your presence...and of course be the pinnacle of beauty, not unlike the greatest of sculptures carved out during the times of Greece. Something I will become, once I have the Red Stone of Aja in my possession."

"...I was cloned from the ancestor of all Pokemon. I believe that more than suffices."

"Still, you're best removed from the picture. I do not need competitors to the title of immortal god..."

"We battled for some time. Turned out, that 'Kars' fellow was all talk. Some of Clauren's other pokemon were more talk than others."

"If I'm gonna beat you, Mewtwo, I'll need to use every trick in the book, every technique taught to me by my master..."

"Take this! Bubble Cutter!"

"While a worthier opponent, he was next to fall. The challengers kept coming..."

"The Rath is impressed you defeated the loud Piller Man and the Rowdy Rippler. But now it's the Rath's turn to step into the ring and wreak havok on your home turf! You'd best have brough burn heal, cause you're about to be brought down into the fiery depths of-"

"H-hey! The Rath was not done speaking down to you-"

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ •̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ ̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔʕ ̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ• ͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫ •ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔʕ•̫ •ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡ ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡• ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

"Why, if it isn't yet another 'high-and-mighty' pokemon here to look down on little old me! And not just that, but all the rest of your species, too!"

"Baka, baka, BAKA! You high-and-mighty stuck-up types are all the same!"

"Well, guess what? I'm strong, too, okay? My kinship with my trainer has given me all the strength I need to deal with stuck-ups like you, in the name of the little guys like me!"

"Now, just give me a moment to Digi-volve, and-"

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ •̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ ̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔʕ ̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ• ͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫ •ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔʕ•̫ •ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡ ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡• ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

"Miiiiiieeeeeeeeeennnnnnnn..."

"Shaaaaaaaaoooooooooooo..."

"At last, it had come to Shaun's last Pokemon. And, I'll be honest, the battle was the most intense I had ever fought in. Mainly because it was the only one I ever fought in. I had underestimated...maybe one or two of my opponents, and it left me in a less-than ideal state. But even with my expectations low, I was not...no, I could never be prepared for what that boy sent out next."

"Hi, I are real man, you wanna go skateboards?"

"...Really. A cow."

"No, I are man! Real man!...you wanna go skateboards?"

"This...this is ridiculous. I refuse to fight this...joke of a trainer any longer. I-"

"And then, it hit me. As in, a physical object. A Pokeball, of strange design. I, the great Mewtwo, had been caught. Soon after that pivotal moment, I was sent to Clauren's PC and eventually withdrawn. In exchange for the Mienshao. A shame...I liked the guy. More than most of the others. I would grow to be tolerant of the others, and have a small kinship with the Greninja."

"Now, Clauren. He was an...interesting kid. He traveled around with what could virtually be considered an army. He could have been mistaken for the great Napoleon at a simple glance. His allies were a quirky bunch, but he was the quirkiest of them all. He would constantly walk into walls. Say absurd things that sounded like weird references, or just jibberish. Sometimes, he'd even defy laws of physics...I had my suspicions Uncle Grandpa or the like was the cause at first, but the dude had left the group and the kid was still doing things like walking on air without breaking a sweat. I was...fascinated. Like I felt I had much to learn of the world around me, a need to understand this boy. And oddly enough, I felt like he was...important. Someone I had to protect."

"In Anistar, we learned the truth. Sitting in front of the monument in the city was someone you and I both met recently- Joshua."

"He seemed to understand Clauren's destiny, and was aware he had done some marvelous things in his journey. Things beyond explanation, besides the occasional mention of 'others beyond'. Joshua explained that Clauren was what 'they' called a Wish Maker. A being capable of channeling the desires of beings beyond the stars, something he simply referred to as 'voices'. They deemed it, Clauren would do it. And Clauren...was not a special case. I was not around for most of it, but for much of Clauren's journey, many people had tried to get a hold of him, or use his powers for some machinations. But he had persevered, and became the Champion of Kalos."

"Of course, some in our group had very mixed reactions to this speech. Some said they wanted to know more..."

"Some were...less concerned than others."

"Some began making unreasonable demands, to either the sky or Clauren himself." (I'd hate to admit it, but all of them were fulfilled.)

"Some chuckled, knowingly."

"And some...schemed."

"Whatever the result, Joshua passed on this message: not to interfere in the affairs of the other Wish Makers. But he looked at me, as if into my very soul. He had to have known the part I would eventually play..."

"Sycamore came by soon after, as the evening sun set. He talked of a different matter: the source of the monument as being made form the same material as Key Stones, and how it could be used to find hidden Mega Stones. Nothing that was of interest to me. Although, Clauren did find the Red Stone of Aja in this matter. That was...'fun'."

"We found ourselves back in Lumiose after some time, which is when we bumped into Looker-"

"Hold on! I knew your story had to sound familiar, but...I couldn't be sure until now."

"Ah, Looker. I've been aware you've been traveling with C, but...I never got the chance to tell you. Because of my prior mental state. You're as much aware as I what happened after you left."

"...there were so many bizarre readings. Temporal anomalies all around Kanto, before the region simply...vanished off the face of the Earth. I had no idea Emma and Clauren would follow..."

"But they did. They followed you here. And now, they're stuck, just like we are. I can see it in your eyes. You've been looking for them. Thank you...but I already know where they are. Or at least, where Clauren is."

"Y...you do? Where?"

"...It was Bill, the Pokemaniac. When we and a few of our companions followed you here, we must have been caught up in something fierce...we arrived in Cinnibar, and were immediately betrayed by one of our own. I remember little else. Just murmurings between others..."

"I must say, that man shows some real promise. Knocking that kid out like it was nothing, and netting me this sweet prize. Still, it's a shame he seems so shady...but, I can't pick and choose my allies. Not yet."

* Er, pardon. Sir. Mister. Bill, Sir. Are you, uhm, sure about this? F-Fusion like this is, how do I put it...totally, absolutely unstable?

"I'm perfectly aware of the risks. I am a collector by nature, so don't you think I'd have a back-up on hand before I tamper with such a rare Pokemon? And it's not like this is a job you alone can do. I could just as easily do it myself. Would you like that? Having me invalidate your purpose?"

* I-I-I'm not useless. I can have a...purpose here. But this...this is cruelty...

"This isn't cruelty. It's ascension. It's descension. It's an evolutionary path, a union that I have a say in. Think about it. If you could fuse with me, you know you wouldn't regret it."

* Th-this is different! This isn't by choice! I...I...

"You can't back out. I own you, and you know it. Just as you know I'm the only one that would ever accept you doing this line of work."

* ...I'll be in my chambers. I can't watch this.

"...That's when I became Buttertwo. I think their end goal was to fuse me with my...closest ally, Caprese. But...that cow must have ended up in the mix, too. Perhaps Bill couldn't reverse it, and pawned me off to fund his awful campaign. Hence how I ended up with Glass Joe, a piece of scum that no longer recognized me for who I was...or maybe I was ditched, and Glass Joe recovered me out of pity. I don't know, and frankly I couldn't care enough about him to ask. I'm also not sure if Caprese or that cow are still inside me, their forms lost forever...or if I simply 'borrowed' their DNA, and thus their mental states. It's not something I want to think about."

"If Caprese is inside me, I'll tear him out. If Caprese is still prisoned with Clauren, I'll tear them out. And I want to do it with you, C. I've grown...very fond of you. We'll save everyone Bill has wrapped around his little finger...accomplices and allies alike."

"So, Cinnibar...that's where you say Clauren was knocked out. It's worth a look, but there would be lots of reports of shady activity coming from that area, like there were with the G-Men in Beach City."

"As much as it pains me to say it, we may have to rely on Blue Corp. again for information. It's very likely that, whatever Bill's holding on that person I heard, they have there too, and any other possible blackmail-based leads. And, well...price is no issue with C."

"If what I've heard reported is true, then they indeed were sent to here through whatever time anomaly occurred. Specifically, in Fuschia City. It's on the way, so it can't hurt to drop in."

Much exposition. So backstory. Anyways, as pleased as punch as you are to learn Buttertwo is now a more fleshed-out character than anyone else built from the ground-up in this story you make your way to the Saffron Gym. So, you know, people can suggest stuff again. And because it's the last place here you haven't hit up yet. You consider whether you should check up on Agents 1 and 2, now that the prime threat just exploded in a burning fire...or if you, too, are a Wish Maker...but you have no time to ponder such questions, as you're now in the Gym!

"Yo, champ in the making!" The Gym Guy greets you with his usual enthusiasm. "I was wondering when you'd make your way here! It's felt like months since you're last Gym Battle! Anyways, you should know that Sabrina specializes in Psychic-Type pokemon! Fighting Pokemon like the ones those guys at the Fighting Dojo next door use would be totally blown away, but if you have a Dark-type on hand...this fight'll be a cinch! But you'll have to get through all her warp traps first!

So, trainer...what shall your next move be?

(Part 2 has concluded. Stay tuned for Part 3 of this exciting 5-parter catch-up episode! Feel free to suggest things in the meanwhile.)
    Last edited by Sable-Xeno; November 15th, 2016 at 03:58 AM.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Now, perhaps we should step back to the Ultimecia battle. Where were we?

Quote Originally Posted by OshaliteX2 View Post

Hah wow Cloacky I can't believe you Trick Roomed everyone except me 'cause you got caught up in the battle and thought everyone was trying to kill us.

"It's funny that you're the one saying that.

Yeah, you're RIGHT!

"... well, do I get no thank-you for the boost?"

Well the thing is--

"And notice we also about to almost die AGAIN?

Yeah that's what I was about to--

"You're hopeless. Now let me try a... BLACK HOLE BOMB!!!"

YEAH!! You... do that.

"Help me out here!"

Oh yeah--LUNAR BEAM!!!
    Cloacky, being the fastest in this warped dimension, is capable of throwing off yet another Black Hole Bomb, Notshalite firing off his own Lunar Beam. This seems enough to destroy Ultimecia, as she bursts into several very loud, very brutal explosions. A blinding flash of light occurs, spreading throughout the vastness of the dimension like a wave, then like snow. of course, her Great Attractor is cancelled completely. Nothing is left...

"...Is it...finally over?"

"She's not dead...look!"

Indeed, as Layton points out, the area begins to grow completely dark. Light begins to surge upwards from where Ultimecia once was, like comets trying to escape from the grasp of a planet's gravitational hold. The lights turn to something of vibrant colors, not unlike that of seeing a butterfly's wing, but tenfold.

A figure begins to emerge. Twisted, gnarled. Her entire lower half spreading below, as if being the space within space...

Ah, what magnificent power...

I can feel all of time and space slipping through my fingers...

Ultimecia is dead. Her power was great, but she was but a pawn to soak up the fabric of time and space for me.

And now, I take her place...my rightful place, in a position she was unworthy of...

I am the Forgotten Dragon...
    The Betrayed King...
    The Entombed God...

I am Anankos...

Time shall compress...

...All existence denied.

Hypnos stared down the one now named Anankos fiercely. They still slow from the Trick Room usage, but they were almost lost in their own thoughts...

(That...that power! We...we can't match such strength! Not in this form...but...I don't think we have the energy to become Sakuyamon...)

(Anankos. Amber Alert. Threat level: Universal. Bec Noir...threat level Galactic, but under with Anankos, their threat level skyrockets to almost Multiversal. I haven't restrained a threat this big since...my version of Lord English. Taire...I can't help you like this. I'm not the guardian I've talked myself up to being. Not since my days as being part of the Felt. There's only one way I can be of use to you...)

(...Somnus...what are you talking about? Our powers merged like this, I know we can fight this Anankos off. You can't possibly be suggesting-)

(I knew. I knew from the moment they entered this domain, fusion wouldn't be enough. It's...it's my fault you're wrapped up in this mess in the first place. And it's not just her. I know even more than you do just what Bill and the rest of the Domeocracy is capable. If it wasn't now, it would've happened eventually.)

(Goodbye, Taire! I'll always hold you in my heart, just as you'll always hold me in your coding. Treat Clifford well, and...tell Marcus...thank you, for teaching me how to feel...)

(S-Somnus!)
    And thus, Hypnos was once again wrapped within a blinding flash of life. Strings of code seemed to be ejected from his person, before wrapping around him ten-fold. It bound tighter and tighter, his form continuing to change...

With Somnus broken down into base numbers and stats, the benefit he grants Taire multiplies with the space he can occupy within his own code! No longer a simple fusion, their code compresses permanently and constantly! This grants Taomon the last bit of energy he needs to cross that last threshold!

"Taire, Matrix Evolve to..."

"Sakuyamon!"

The newly-digivolved Sakuyamon looks over himself, enamored with his inwards strength...

"I can feel...the very essence of Somnus in my being. Whatever means I...we used to Digivolve, it left us in such a powerful state. Much stronger than when I was a Sakuyamon here just earlier. I feel...like I can see everything. Anankos! I refuse to let you hurt anyone else here, or in any other time period! I-

*slice*

"...!"

"..."

About damn time. You don't know why that took so blasted long, perhaps the warping of space made solely to inconvenience you. He looked pretty tough, so one strike might not be enough...but at least you actually got to hit something this time. Damn dodgers, always dodging.

Anyways, yes...where were we? Ah, right. It's like you've been telling yourself for a while now...

You're not really one to be ordered around. Especially by royalty.

(I just need to make one more post now before I'll have cleaned my slate of actions: the progressing story between Guntz, Dave, Toriel and Frisk. After that, I'll be considering moving this to #kun, where it'll get more activity...hopefully. It'll still be updated here, and I'll still take suggestions here, just I'll have it branched out a bit. And...who knows? I might field test something similar to this on a other forum, see how liked it is there...)
    Last edited by Sable-Xeno; November 17th, 2016 at 07:24 PM.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Quote Originally Posted by Frisk
    The child's mind raced as the Knight of Time explained the situation, of authors beyond "the fourth wall" and people being asked to do dumb $$$$. Frisk knew what an author was, of course. They're the people who write books. But this couldn't just be a story, it was real! It was happening! And then the mention of Mr Razzle Dazzle Dorito added just another layer of confusion upon the next.

But if there was anything Frisk was bad at, it was taking comments about needing to be kept safe. Immediately as Guntz made the comment for Toriel to keep them safe, the child gave a hearty yell of displeasure. They'd done things way more dangerous than being in an exploding building, they could keep themselves safe!
    Guntz' ears perk up as he hears the child's bemoanment. It's clear what they want: they aren't afraid. He knows, because...he's seen that look before. Almost like a reflection of his own self. Every single part of him was telling him that this kid wouldn't last a minute. Every part of him except for...his heart. And his heart was telling him he was needed on the next floor.

He couldn't be held back any longer. He had to escort C in the building, and he let him out of his sight for just a few minutes...and the building is already set ablaze. He made the mistake of underestimating one mysterious child today. And now he has to correct that mistake: the only way his honor can be restored now is if he follows through with Giovanni's second set of orders:

If C attempts escape from his view...his mission turns from escort to assassination.

"...Follow me or don't, kid. I have something hat needs to be done, and it's way-past due. I'd prefer if you stay safe...but at this point I'm not gonna stop you.

The determined little child couldn't help but feel a bit of pride as Guntz relented, a smile pulling at their face. But at the same time, there almost seemed another note to what the wolf said. Disapproval? Disappointment? No... Just frustration?

But there wasn't much time for Frisk to ponder on this before the wolf began to speak again.

Now, Mr....whoever you are. Whenever you're ready-

Spoiler: Show Pesterlog 

"...I'm good, thanks.

And this much was enough to push that bit of satisfaction right back down. 'Kicking the bucket' meant dying, right? Frisk glanced down at themself, at clothes and skin that were clean at first glance but still subtly singed and muddied from their journey through the Underground and to Waterfall. They were used to monsters trying to kill them by this point, but was this even still the Underground? Surely them being human couldn't still be important enough for people to want to kill them over, especially considering that the coolkid in red looked human too. So why would Frisk's butt be so important here? Did it have something to do with how they appeared?

"..."

Thoughts flashed past the child's eyes, thoughts of a box that bookmarked Frisk's life when they felt confident and a yellow button labeled "RESET". Did the mysterious ironymeister before them hold that power too?

So Frisk faltered, for just a moment. If he did, what would he think of their use of it? What if they were wrong, and it meant something else? Too many what-ifs.
    But the child glanced at the wolf they had met only a handful of minutes ago, but who was still already intent on their safety and on finding a guardian. Frisk couldn't help but feel a responsibility to help, show that kindness back. And then at the woman that, in some other timeline, Frisk had come to call 'mother', and Frisk suddenly felt tears prick at their eyes again. Would it be easier to just give up, let someone protect them from harm like a little kid? Maybe, but Toriel had made Frisk prove they could be strong, too.

Frisk could be strong.

The fire of determination and a new goal lit itself in the child's eyes, as they stepped forwards again. If this place was in the middle of a dangerous event, Frisk was going to do their best to help stop that event, or at the very least make sure none of the people with them right now was hurt.
    Addressing the Knight of Time in front of them, Frisk stood at their admittedly unimpressive full height and said just as much; they were going to help. Maybe they didn't understand exactly why they were there, or why they were important here, but their butt was going to remain happily unkicked, thank you very much. And if that really meant starting with getting off this floor, he had better start showing them where to go.

Guntz' ear flicked, like he knew the indication. That Giovanni might possibly be burning alive up there. Of course, the indication that C was no longer there lingered in his mind. He needed to act fast, and NOW. He quickly dashed up the stairs...odly enough, Dave making no effort to stop him. He simply...shrugged.

And upon saying as much, Dave attempted to grab the kid. 'Attempt' being the key word hear. His success would be mildly variable at best.

(And there we have it! All of the latest posts will be gathered up and put into a thing to be read on #kun. Hopefully it'll be more active there...but if not, well, it was a fun run while it lasted!)

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Like all good things, this forum's time has come and pass. As the bell tolls, you feel like you've reached the end.

...And then you turn the page. Turns out, your adventure's just beginning.

http://kun.boards.net/thread/221/kun-plays-pokemon-red
    Last edited by Sable-Xeno; December 28th, 2016 at 09:15 PM.

~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

Thread Information