Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: amiibo thread

Laughs at his own jokes--HAHAHAHAohwait OshaliteX2's Avatar
    Mossdeep City. Where else? Pallet Town?! HA!!

Re: amiibo thread

Wow.
    I personally don't want a Villager Amiibo (mach-speed Sonic with ONLY speed+attack food is what I want, gonna be named "Target Practice" ) but that's insane.
    Feed me lemons or feed me life!
    Spoiler: Badges and stuff you should click! 
    Oh yeah, I also have a CYOA.

I may get that other Yoshi Amiibo, because if you seriously need to erase your data for each one, that's a no-go for me.
    Plus, "Isn't it great to line 'em up?"
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

I kinda wonder if the wave 4 mario Amiibo is gonna be how Amiibos work with Captain Toad... They did say that it would have amiibo support, so here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    I kinda wonder if the wave 4 mario Amiibo is gonna be how Amiibos work with Captain Toad... They did say that it would have amiibo support, so here's hoping.
    They already showed captain toad amiibo support. It's basically a wheres waldo game with a pixelated toad with no announced benefits.

And 70 bucks for villager isn't really much compared to how much Marth was going for pre reprinting announcement. If you want him(villager), your best bets are importing(since they're region free...except for the boxes but who cares) or waiting for them to reprint them. Marth is confirmed, but villager, mac, etc aren't confirmed yet. I bet my shoe and bottom dollar that villager will come back eventually, but whether or not it'll be the smash series is yet to be seen.

EDIT: oh yeah, it's to my understanding that amiibo will work with future games, but will have the aforementioned one save limit. Meaning any mario will be compatible with smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    But I already have a Kirby amiibo... It would've been nice if they gave Dedede, instead... He's gonna be out at that time, so... (Nah, Kirby's probably the best attachment to a game of his name.)

But I already have a Kirby amiibo... It would've been nice if they gave Dedede, instead... He's gonna be out at that time, so... (Nah, Kirby's probably the best attachment to a game of his name.)
    But think about it though. Putting an amiibo as pre order dlc, much like how the Mario Amiibo from the Mario line will be bundled with Mario Party 10 is genius.

Because by preordering Rainbow Curse, and assuming you don't have the amiibo, you essentially get the following for free:

-A trainable, customisable, potentially more challenging AI for Smash Bros
    -A Kirby costume for your mii in MK8
    -a constant source of free rupees, items and weapons in Hyrule Warriors
    -A buff for Rainbow curse
    -Unannounced compatibility for Mario Party 10(it's there on their site soooo)
    -costume in One Piece: Super Grand Battle! X! http://www.destructoid.com/get-a-loa...t-285278.phtml

That's... a pretty sizable amount of content for multiple games for something that is coming free with the game.

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

I agree, it certainly is brilliant.
    I have never pre-ordered a game before, though with a deal like that... I would greatly consider doing so.
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

The wave 3 Amiibo are coming out, soon. Which one are you guys gonna get? I think it's obvious which one I'm getting.

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

I'm gonna get Megaman and Ike! Although there are several others I've had my eye on (Sonic, Toon Link) I think I'll stick with these for now at least... I might go for Sonic,though... The blue color he has is remniscent of Sonic Adventure to me for some reason... So I might get one if I see one...

Honest question, guys. As a Canadian, the Rosalina amiibo just isn't available here now. Target is closed and gone... Not like they'd have any in store anyway. Do you think they'll release more of her and drive the price down? Or should I seize the opportunity some Amazon resellers are providing and buy her for $35?

I'd imagine it'd be cheaper to buy her off a foreign amazon or something even with their shipping rates(although Im below your country so idk, maybe it costs more to ship to canada?). At any rate, I'd wait a bit and see what your options are.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Honest question, guys. As a Canadian, the Rosalina amiibo just isn't available here now. Target is closed and gone... Not like they'd have any in store anyway. Do you think they'll release more of her and drive the price down? Or should I seize the opportunity some Amazon resellers are providing and buy her for $35?
    If they even have any it would be super small or the scalpers would get them all. Personally I said screw it and ordered foreign. But ya, wait for options.

I personally have Ike, Megaman, Sonic, DeDeDe, and Shiek preordered from Amazon, and Shulk from gamestop. However, I've decided to complete the smash line, so I've gotta hunt down Lucario, Meta Knight, Bowser and Toon Link, however I'm only worried about the first two. Bowser and Toon Link will have a large amount of stock.

Psychiatrist to the Video Game Stars Guybrush20X6's Avatar

I got the Bowser amiibo and it is big! Seriously, hold up a bowser amiibo and a MArio one and feel the difference.

Thanks to LightSamus on ONM for the Sig.

Level 30 Psychiatry: The Comic that takes you into the Psyche of the Video Game stars.

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

I was one of the few who were able to get their hands on a Marth amiibo. I don't even know how I did either. My parents bought it for me for Christmas, so my Mom must have worked her magic and got it somehow.

I also have a Link, Pikachu, Yoshi, and Fox in addition to Marth. I'm hoping to buy Luigi, Ike, Robin, and Lucina at some point.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

BTW, your options opened up. Basically canada doesn't really have to worry about her being a target exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipou View Post
    BTW, your options opened up. Basically canada doesn't really have to worry about her being a target exclusive.
    Ha, too late. I relented and purchased her, valong with Meta-Knight and Lucario, from Japan. All told it cost a little under 3x the regular price. They'll arrive in a month and I can rant about their poor paint jobs or whatever. :P

In related news, Ike, Toon Link, Bowser, Sheik, and Dedede arrive Monday! I quiver with anticipation.

Dedede
    You have no idea how much I can't wait for this moment. Definitely gonna get it when it comes out. Hopefully, it'll be easy to get, unlike Marth and Villager.

You have no idea how much I can't wait for this moment. Definitely gonna get it when it comes out. Hopefully, it'll be easy to get, unlike Marth and Villager.
    Based on how it's going up here, it sounds like DeDeDe may be the sole wave 3 that has more stock than preorders.

Welp, today I headed over to Toysrus in hopes of picking up Bowser or some other Wave 3, but they had literally no wave 3s and just wave 1s and 2s... But I got 4 amiibos with the sale and ended up with Kirby, Peach, Luigi, and Samus for ever so slightly lower price. I now have 8 amiibos, the aformentioned, Mario, Link, Zelda, and Pit.

I preordered Megaman and Ike, so I'll pick those up later this month, along with a Bowser and Shulk if I see one (not expecting to find Shulk though)...
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Where are y'all preordering amiibo from? I figure I'll never be able to get Lucina or Robin for a reasonable price if I wait until after release to order them, but I've got no idea how to go about preordering them. A lot of sites do't even have the unreleased amiibo listed, and the ones that do don't have them available for preorder.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

America is basically MIA for wave 4 preorders. Currently the only place you can preorder them from is in store at I believe FYE or something, which requires asking them about it and what not and I'm not even sure if it's available everywhere. I have a feeling preorders are going to open up later though, at which point I'll probably go to gamestop and buy them in full.

Is preordering at Amazon or Gamestop better?

With Gamestop, I suppose you could go instore and pick from whichever one looks best unless they pick out a specific one that is reserved for you preorder...

But with Amazon, you can't pick which one you get, but you get free shipping (assuming you have Amazon Prime) and no extra dollar with tax...

The only reason I'm worried really is Robin and Lucina's, as I wanna make sure to get a good figure...
    Does anyone think those figures are going to change from the pics from before? I hope not, they look good as is... But we'll see I suppose.

Excited for Ness and Charizard as well...
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...18765456932865

Also gamestop's having to cancel some of their preorders for wave 3.

Simply put PowerMiner, no where is safe for preorders. Demand is greater than supply, literally in this case, and it sounds like Nintendo may be giving less stock than anticipating. Where you preorder won't matter if you don't reserve early.

Also some retailers may be dropping Wave 4, either for preorders or both...

Comin' at Ya! LuigiGodzillaGirl's Avatar

I'm curious. Are these cancellations mainly affecting online pre-orders, or are there any reports from people who pre-ordered in-store? This whole debacle has put me on edge. Once I get my Dedede (assuming he doesn't get cancelled or sold to someone else due to poor communication), I'm through with this Amiibo thing.

Thread Information