Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

Challengers Approaching! choruskids's Avatar

Who do YOU think will be DLC?

This thread was for discussing the possible DLC characters in Smash Bros. 4, but there's always discussion to be had for Smash 5's characters, so I guess I'll begin:

If I had to pick any certain fighters, it has to be the Chorus Kids or Marshal (Betcha didn't see that coming), because I still believe that the Sneaky Spirit Smash Run enemy in Smash 3DS's Smash Run is just too random to be there and because of Rhythm Heaven being released on the 3DS.

Leave your character suggestions below and reasons why they'd be announced!

SMASH 4 DLC CHARACTERS:
    MEWTWO
    LUCAS
    ROY
    RYU
    CLOUD
    CORRIN
    BAYONETTA
    Last edited by choruskids; December 24th, 2015 at 12:52 PM.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Re: Who do YOU think will be DLC?

I'm not giving up hope for Ridley.
    Do I expect him, eh, probably not, I mean he's got an icon so that's pretty cool evidence, but given that his clone's already in the game, it's not super probable.
    Snake too, the fact that they named him by name during the direct makes me curious, since I'm sure there's copyright laws that prevent companies from fragrantly naming copyrighted names in their official trailers. The grounds are a little shaky, but it's something.
    But again, I'm more hopeful than anything.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBox View Post
    I'm not giving up hope for Ridley.
    Do I expect him, eh, probably not, I mean he's got an icon so that's pretty cool evidence, but given that his clone's already in the game, it's not super probable.
    Snake too, the fact that they named him by name during the direct makes me curious, since I'm sure there's copyright laws that prevent companies from fragrantly naming copyrighted names in their official trailers. The grounds are a little shaky, but it's something.
    But again, I'm more hopeful than anything.
    It's a feature they had in a previous game, don't really think they need permission for it.

I'm personally hoping Ice Climbers. Special update for the Wii U version, free of course, locked off from anything above 4 players, comes with their stages.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    It's a feature they had in a previous game, don't really think they need permission for it.
    I don't think Nintendo still owns the right to Snake, his name or his likeness.
    Copyright stuff is tricky.

Pulling for the Ice Climbers.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Now sending file "tyranitar_sandstorm.bke" Bucken-Berry's Avatar

Dixie, or, ANY third Donkey Kong character would be ace in my book.

Also, Ridley won't be playable. He's a boss on the Pyrosphere stage.
    Brawl: 2793-5866-7066
    White 2: 1464 4342 6887
    Diamond: 2364 6969 3752
    Black: 1893 1040 7122
    MKWii: 2965-8537-1459
    3DS: 0044-2803-6292
    Dream Suite (AC):5600-2360-9411 (updates everyday!)
    Be sure to check out: Rare Gamer Forums!

Bear in mind DLC is probably going to be made available for both systems for a while. With that in mind, multi-characters like Ice Climbers or Chorus Kids are unlikely. That said, here's who I'm expecting:

- Lucas: Brawl vets are likely to return since importing data from Brawl is still possible.
    - Wolf: Same as above.
    - Captain Toad: Basically the last Mario character with a title to his name. Might have a Toadette alternate skin.
    - DK Jr: A viable retro rep that would be a clone of Donkey Kong. Mostly a pie-in-the-sky idea.
    - Excitebike: Wishful thinking, mostly. Really like the idea, now, of characters getting in and just having their game title as their name.
    - Pichu: I can see it only because Mewtwo makes me believe it's possible. Nobody really cared for Pichu in Melee but if he got some tweaking he could be fun to see return.
    - Pokemon Trainer (as their own fighter): Wishful thinking again. But he/she IS the main character of Pokemon.
    - Wonder Red: Never gonna happen, but current-gen reps would be very welcome in my mind. Might be able to utilize a power-up meter gimmick or something.
    - More Mii movesets: Miis have a ton of potential. Imagine if they got a magic-themed moveset, or a spear, or bow, or fans, or other things. Or a "play" moveset, where their moves are based off their Wii Sports and Wii Play games.
    - Chrom: The model is rigged and ready! It'd need some cleaning up, maybe some extra geometry to make the cape flow better. But he'd be an Ike clone, I guarantee it.
    - Marshal: If only because everyone seems to believe we'll get a Rhythm Heaven rep. He's about as close as the series gets to having a "mascot."

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBox View Post
    I don't think Nintendo still owns the right to Snake, his name or his likeness.
    Copyright stuff is tricky.
    But it's not something that is actively being used to promote. It was used in reference to a previous game that featured this feature, and thus is fine. Otherwise it means Brawl needs to be pulled off shelves.

Edit: Oh and Metal Face DLC. Not saying how, but it's doable. And size is out of the equation the way I'm thinking of it
    Last edited by Torchman; October 23rd, 2014 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucken-Berry View Post
    Also, Ridley won't be playable. He's a boss on the Pyrosphere stage.
    Actually,
    *adjusts taped glasses and fiddles with pocket protector*
    the Ridley in Pyrosphere is a CLONE of the originally Ridley, the one in Metroid 1, Prime, and Super, and the two oddly enough look very different. Technically, they're two different characters, same with the Ridley Robot and Neo Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchman View Post
    But it's not something that is actively being used to promote. It was used in reference to a previous game that featured this feature, and thus is fine. Otherwise it means Brawl needs to be pulled off shelves.
    No, copyright laws are super strict.
    Snake was allowed to be in Brawl because all the copyright paperwork was filled out that granted Nintendo to use a Konami IP for that one game.
    It is fairly shaky ground considering that the word used, Snake, is pretty vague and doesn't directly refer to the Metal Gear Solid IP, but at the same time, you aren't really allowed to go around saying the names of IP's in promotional material like this, even if the two companies have worked together in the past.

Challengers Approaching! choruskids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    - Chrom: The model is rigged and ready! It'd need some cleaning up, maybe some extra geometry to make the cape flow better. But he'd be an Ike clone, I guarantee it.
    By that logic, Doc Louis DLC should be coming... He'd be a slower version of Mac or something... I have no idea, but it needs to happen!

Lucas and Wolf seem most likely at least out of veterans, as they're also cut veterans with decent fanbases, and already have moves in the game (via Ness and Fox's custom specials) so they'd be easier to make. In terms of newcomers, I can see us getting Dixie Kong (She honestly should have been in the main game...), Marshal (Since Mewtwo DLC was added presumably from fan demand, maybe we can get a RH one out of fan demand too?), or Isaac. (He mysteriously disappeared from the assist trophies, so it's not impossible that he was initially planned for the roster.)

Quote Originally Posted by mochlum View Post
    Lucas and Wolf seem most likely at least out of veterans, as they're also cut veterans with decent fanbases, and already have moves in the game (via Ness and Fox's custom specials) so they'd be easier to make. In terms of newcomers, I can see us getting Dixie Kong (She honestly should have been in the main game...), Marshal (Since Mewtwo DLC was added presumably from fan demand, maybe we can get a RH one out of fan demand too?), or Isaac. (He mysteriously disappeared from the assist trophies, so it's not impossible that he was initially planned for the roster.)
    Remember, assist trophies are supposed to be different between versions, this was announced at the 3DS smash direct. Don't be surprised if it's everything the 3DS has and then some.

Playing the "Chrono Trigger/alot of things" Game Crazyhandfan's Avatar

I'll be honest with you, i'm still wanting ridley too. I don't care if he does make it or not, but i still want him. The reason i believe he's still possible is one small fact: other M Ridley is the stage boss and such. they can still use another ridley.

I personally am hoping for either the non-clone Ridley or one of what I see has the 2 fan favorite hunters. Namely Rundas and Sylux, I say sylux due to people actually bothering to make full on sprite sheets for him as well as movesets, I say Rundas due to the powerful effect he has on the player in Metroid Prime 3. In Prime 3 Rundas was the friendlier of the 3 other hunters and had a pretty general view of right and wrong, but later appears to be controlled by Dark Samus as shown when her likeness briefly appears over his own before the boss battle, the boss battle in and of its self plays with the player as you are forced to dispatch of a former ally. To make matters worse, upon defeat it appears as though he is back to normal, he even reaches out his hand as though to be helped up, but right before Samus can help him up he is impaled multiple time by spikes of ice before being absorbed by Dark Samus. Plus lets be honest ice users are awesome and Rundas would be a perfect example of this. Plus if we do not get a new Metroid rep as DLC, tables will be flipped damn it.
    Well here is my take on a custom Signature in relation to the new character reveals in Smash. Except Sheik, Sheik had to be cut so I wouldn't block anyone off while using this as a facebook cover.

Super Smash Bros 3DS Bracket http://challonge.com/COMEONSTEPITUP Tournament now over. Bracket still available for viewing.

Give me Rundas or give me death.

Or give us some sort of nonstandard choice. Somebody unexpected. Like, uh, Alexandra Roivas. Make her playable, Sakurai.

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

I also think Isaac is pretty likely to be a DLC character, even though the argument he's a handheld-related character doesn't hold much ground when it comes to Assist Trophies.

Snake is also possible in my book, not only because he got name-dropped, but also because he'd be kind of a unexpected character, I think.

As for Ridley, I'd love to be proven wrong, but I don't expect him anymore.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

"You, Mario, will be a sign." Scolipede's Avatar

Possibly Quote, from cave story. (With curly as an alt.)
    And who dosen't want a smash game without bandanna waddle dee in it? More kirby reps GOOOO!
    Also, Ice climbers have a good chance at a comeback. although they wouldnt work due to 3DS limitations, there is still this:

Aside from the obvious that have already been mentioned, I'm going to second a Dixie Kong. She's very popular in her own series and it seems she was considered at one point to be in the series.

Another character to kinda compliment Toon Link would be Tetra. Smash Bros. needs a pirate character and I think Tetra would be a pretty cool add on character. They came up with moves for Sheik, I'm sure they could do something with Tetra. I mean, c'mon, you're going to include ninjas in your game but no playable pirates?

SaltySword, Pickled Music Lover BrineBlade's Avatar

Ice Climbers is one I feel will work on NN3DS and Wii U only.
    Non-clone Ridley, with Meta as an alt
    Chorus Kids could work in a Duck Hunt like fashion
    Sora (to make up for Wii U not getting KH3)
    Raiden (cause why not?)

I want to see Ice Climbers, though I sadly don't see them as realistic.
    That said, I want to see Pokemon trainer make a comeback. Give him Squirtle, and he could play in a fashion slightly remicent of Rosalina, but with a total dependence on Squirtle.
    Or just give him is 'sit in the background' status again with Squirtle on the front lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasae Bushae View Post
    I want to see Ice Climbers, though I sadly don't see them as realistic.
    That said, I want to see Pokemon trainer make a comeback. Give him Squirtle, and he could play in a fashion slightly remicent of Rosalina, but with a total dependence on Squirtle.
    Or just give him is 'sit in the background' status again with Squirtle on the front lines.
    Realistic at launch? Not at all. But wait until the support's died off, then bring them in to the Wii U so the outcry isn't as bad. If anything, Squirtle/Pokemon trainer is more unlikely thanks to Mewtwo already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post
    Snake is also possible in my book, not only because he got name-dropped, but also because he'd be kind of a unexpected character, I think.
    theres also the fact that Kojima did want to see him come back, but didnt know himself if snake would make it

I think there isn't gonna be any Pokemon DLC, other than Mewtwo. And even he's a special case, because he was already in Melee so they won't have to make him a new moveset (even though they should, because he sucked in Melee). Otherwise, there would be way too many Pokemon reps.

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja1 View Post
    theres also the fact that Kojima did want to see him come back, but didnt know himself if snake would make it
    See and that's just it. For Brawl, Kojima was involved in the design of every single element that was metal gear. If you look at the credits, someone from each third party was clearly involved, such as Ono for Capcom. If Snake was in, someone from Konami would've been involved, and considering Kojima is basically their savior at the moment, he would've known.

Also you'd be surprised at the copyright claims nintendo has for smash related stuff. Even on the third party content.

I'd like to see a character that relies on recoil as much as Pichu did again, in addition to a Konami character, Snake or not.
    To be honest it's pretty hard to say who would be more suited as an assist trophy or an actual playable character in a lot of cases.
    Who's too old to be relevant but too new to be retro? Who does Nintendo 'remember' that's outlandish enough to perform as a unique character?

I guess I'm pulling for Impa, probably Inklings, and of course..
    Spoiler: they always were attached at the hip, anyway 

aye yai yai

Thread Information