Thread: Cocoon Academy (custom Brawl stage)

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Cocoon Academy (custom Brawl stage)

Dut to BitF ending today (or last Tuesday, depending on whether you count 599 as the final one), I whipped up a BitF themed custom stage in a few hours. Nothing fancy and at first I couldn't decide on a location, but Cocoon Academy seemed like the best choice to me. I had to guess the colors though and added windows. So without further ado, here it is:
    Spoiler: More pictures 
    Spoiler: Menu stuff 
    Download

And now for some personal rambling here. Kinda funny how what was my very first thread, not counting the introduction thread, was a SSB64 and later Brawl texture hacking thread 5 years ago. And now, on these "new" forums, my probably last thread is also Brawl hacking related, talk about coincidence. Only this time, it's a stage, not a texture. He, it's my third one already, guess I moved on from texture stuff for good. But enough rambling, enjoy, I guess.

A guy who makes Gmod And SFM Posters ShinyMew112's Avatar

Re: Cocoon Academy (custom Brawl stage)

I think you should make the building a bit bigger... Would make it a bit more realistic... I guess ^_^'
    Overall, great job! :3

Tai this is really really great, I love it. It does seem to be the best possible stage to represent BitF, and you did an awesome job creating it!

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyMew112 View Post
    I think you should make the building a bit bigger... Would make it a bit more realistic... I guess ^_^'
    Overall, great job! :3
    Having something realistically sized rarely, if ever, works in Smash. Look at Onett or Fourside, for example. Characters are as tall as an entire floor, otherwise the stage just wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Tai this is really really great, I love it. It does seem to be the best possible stage to represent BitF, and you did an awesome job creating it!
    Thanks, but to be honest, I kinda rushed the whole thing in a single afternoon, to get it out on that particular date. That's also why it's just a flat walk-off and nothing fancy. If demand is there, though, I'll make a second version where the roof in front of the "Cocoon Academy" sign acts as a plattform.

A guy who makes Gmod And SFM Posters ShinyMew112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taigiry View Post
    Having something realistically sized rarely, if ever, works in Smash. Look at Onett or Fourside, for example. Characters are as tall as an entire floor, otherwise the stage just wouldn't work.
    Eh, i was just saying the building should be a tad bit bigger in general, thats all... Still looks nice overall x3

Thread Information