Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cross Zone

Fire Emblem for Virtual Console! GM_3826's Avatar

Re: The Cross Zone

Neptune looks at the rock enemies. If they're resistant to fire, a katana won't do nothing to them.
    Unless...
    "Hammer Crush!"
    Neptune uses the attack one one of the rock creatures. Given that Hammer Crush is a move very similar to Rock Smash, (Meaning that it was meant to be used on the field to destroy rocks,) it doesn't do SUPERB damage, but it does do enough to temporarily paralyze the rock creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein, as well
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Spoiler: Here is my GPXPlus Party. 

"That's my cue!" I point my right finger so that, from my perspective, it overlaps the rock monster's head. Eight lines of force are drawn from my avatar to it. I then snap, and a damaging laser traces a path along each line. It still doesn't do much, but it looks like I just gave it a small headache. "Guys, hit them now!" In the meantime, I'm going to look over the scan data, see if there's a weakness in their...well, this is a different kind code. No matter, what can I easily change to make it fall apart...?
    (My personal suggested BGM)
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

"Quickly, I can do", Zero quipped as he dashed toward the nearest rock monster, the jets in his boots flaring to life. As he approached the target, a hand reached for his back and drew the Z-Saber. Without slowing, he flipped the activation switch and brought the blade horizontally across the statue, twisting his body 360 degrees and screeching to a half as he did so. "Painlessly? Not so much." He kept his motion going, flowing into a three-hit combo that looked as if it had been practiced thousands of times. Zero then flipped his weapon in preparation for his final strike. "RYUENJIN!", he shouted as he launched straight into the air, his blade transformed into a blazing flame that created an upwards vertical slice along the creature, an attack that some might say resembled a Shoryuken. As he reached the apex of his jump, Zero sheathed his saber and spun about in midair, landing at the point where he leapt from. A faint smile traced across his lips as he waited to see the effects of his assault.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Three of the Stone Sisters suddenly became preoccupied
    with the fact that they were being attacked.

Neptune struck the one closest to her square in its torso, and one of the boulders that composed the thing shattered into dust and small pebbles, leaving a giant hole where it once had been. The creature looked at the hole for a moment (or at least appeared to) as the rocks composing shifted to fill in the hole, leaving it about 6 inches smaller. The creature let out a strange, muffled trumpeting sound that could only be presumed to be a roar, before raising one rocky fist and attempting to slam it down on Neptune's head.

Another Stone Sister began charging Rez, but was stopped by the firing, each shot taking off a chunk of the thing's head until all that was left was a flat pebble resting on its shoulders. Either something in the energy was disrupted by the shot, or the monster simply deemed the small part worthless, but it fell off, leaving the monster without a head. It didn't seem to matter though, as the monster continued charging regardless, swinging its giant club arms at Rez's avatar.
    The scans on the other hand, seem to yield no result, according to every scanner, what Rez was facing was nothing more than a pile of rocks. Nothing seemed to be registering the energy holding it together except for plain old visible light sensitive optical systems.

Every one of Zero's attacks left an inch deep scar in the Stone Sister's stone skin, as well as sent it stumbling back. The Ryuenjin however, left a full cleft, four inches deep from the monster's head to between it's legs. The monster paused to gather itself, and all the affected stones twisted, pushing the scars towards its inside and leaving its outside with nothing but untouched stone.

With three of the four Stone Sisters distracted, there was one left unattended, it started attacking Luciana. It swung its arm vertically, to which Luciana responded by jumping and shooting plumes of fire from her hand, her lift was slow, but she rose just enough to avoid the arm, and with one more burst she propelled herself, flipping in the process, onto the monster's shoulders. Hanging onto its neck, and its arms too clunky to reach her, she tried palm thrusting the stones of its head, with about as much success as palm thrusting a stone as you'd expect. Getting frustrated, Luciana held her hand flat and stabbed it into the gap between two rocks and sent more fire streaming into the creature's body. The creature began to shake but the second she stopped it was as if nothing had happened, with one real exception.
    Her hand had gotten stuck.
    She muttered something through gritted teeth, but it was impossible to hear what exactly.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

And Neptune is struck.
    "Ow!"
    HP drops by 40%. Way to go, rock.
    Of course, this is not enough to prevent Neptune from taking out her katana. And thus Neptune uses Hammer Crush again.
    "It's not like there's a more effective move in our arsenal to fight off boulders."
    Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Robin prepared her tome and rushed towards the Stone Sister that Neptune had attacked. 'Stone', thought Robin, working out an attack plan. 'Stone is heavy, those things must be slow. Perhaps I can get a second attack in before it retaliates...'
    Robin opened her tome and focused on the rock monster. "Time to tip the scales!"
    A red glow surrounded her as a pit of fire burst below the stone, shooting flames into the monster. A second burst, fired from Robin's hand, hit the Stone Sister not long after.

I shift an open hand to the right to get the avatar to dodge.
    The scans show...just plain old rocks? But then what's that...stuff...holding all of them together? How come the scanlasers can't detect it? I guess I can't attack the adhesion directly...but as I've just seen, it doesn't take as many shots as one might think to whittle down a rock.
    "Just like Uranus." I quadlock each shoulder, hoping that it will make the whole arm fall off.
    I suppose I might as well put one here, all the cool kids are doing it (not to judge, but so are some not-so-cool kids).

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Once again, Neptune's attack destroys one of the Stone Sister's boulders, and the others shift to replace it. Trying to destroy these things boulder by boulder is going to be tedious, there's gotta be a better way somehow.

The first of Robin's spells super heats the Stone Sister, by the time the fire fades all of its stones are white hot. After the second attack, the stones begin to drip and ooze ever so slowly, by the time it goes back to its usual gray, the stones look a lot smoother, and most of them almost seem seem fused together. The Stone Sister attempts to strike both Robin and Neptune, one of them with each arm.

Rez succeeds in turning both of the creatures shoulders to dust, and upon disconnection, both of its limbs fall to the ground useless. The Stone Sister takes a moment, its neck twisting like it wants to examine the missing arms. Within a moment, stones begin moving and all of its torso stones transform into a new pair of arms, leaving the thing stubby and shorter than Rez himself. It charges Rez, spinning around like a top almost trying to strike him with all of its limbs.

The fourth Stone Sister was struggling hardcore, Luciana couldn't seem to free her hand but the Stone Sister couldn't seem to touch Luciana in return, she fired fire spell after fire spell into the creature, but none of them seemed to have any effect. Eventually one of the boulders she was trapped by squeezed her wrist a little too hard, and a nerve was pinched. She felt her hand flex itself on a reflex, and suddenly the Stone Sister stopped and began to shake violently.

His smile quickly faded to a frown as Zero watched the damage he had inflicted fade away. His energy-based weaponry didn't seem to have much effect. The Reploid thought over the situation, rapidly analyzing the skills stored in his Learning System. Only two had a chance of being effective, and one had limited energy. Hyouretsuzan it was. His course of action decided, he dashed towards the nearest Stone Sister and leapt, boots still firing to aid his jump. As he flew through the air, he stretched out an arm, ready to grab ahold. Inhumanly strong fingers griped the midsection of the golem, and he flung himself upwards once more, then fired his boots to flip in midair. Now coming at the monster from above, he drew his Z-Saber and activated the technique, a large blade of ice forming at the weapon's hilt. Zero brought the saber into a downward thrust, aiming to cleave his enemy in two.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

In the scant few seconds as the golem's fists come closer to her and Neptune, Robin worked out her strategy. 'Think, Robin. What did you use to do in this situation?' And suddenly, it hit her. Not the fist, but rather an idea. 'Dual guard!'
    Before the fist could touch her, she rushed over to the other side, took the sword from her scabbard and held it up a an improvised shield; parking herself in front of Neptune, she absorbed the full hit of the monster's fist. "I'll cover you!"

The joints work. The joints! "Attack the joints!" I yell, as a octolock the pelvic area-twice.

Neptune has the same realization as Rez. After Robin has finished guarding...
    "Hammer Crush!"
    This time, Neptune doesn't aim for the boulders themselves, but the joints. aiming to decapacitate it.

Zero's attack succeeds in sinking all the way down to the creatures stomach, dismounting the Stone Sister, it somehow still seems to be alive and moving, the giant gash left by Zero's blade showing the swirling blue energy traveling between the two halves.

The Stone Sister's attack rebounded perfectly off of Robin's defense, and caused it to stagger back, leaving it entirely open to Neptune's follow up attack. The attacks succeeds, the monster's head is the first to fall, then its left arm. Recovering, the Stone Sister immediately attempts to move boulders from its torso to its arm, but something appears to be going wrong. The boulders, they've melted together, the monster can't replace its limbs anymore.

As Rez was too busy delivering orders to dodge the attack, he was struck in the stomach by a giant stone fist and sent flying into the fountain. Hope that gear of yours is water-proof.

The Stone Sister that Luciana was riding on top of reached the most violent of its shuddering before falling to pieces, the strange blue energy dissipating around it, leaving only a chunk of regular looking boulders. With the rocks around her hand no longer squeezing together, her arm is freed and in a hurry she yanks off her glove in order to check something. As she guessed, her hand had begun to involuntarily glow softly.

"Illumancy, are you kidding me?" she muttered to herself, before shaking her hand out, allowing the muscles to relax and letting the light go out.

She then looked onto the nearest Stone Sister still working, the one fighting Zero.

"KOS-MOS," she yelled. "distract it and I can stop it!"

Neptune winks at Robin.
    "Let's finish this!"
    Neptune aims to boulder crush it once again, aiming for the left arm. She then stops for a moment. Her intent is to give Robin the last attack.

You thought you were so clever... Forum Veteran Commodore Jim's Avatar

Zan had been staying back for a lot of this, revolver drawn and firing shots at the joints of the rock creatures, or occasionally into the gashes and 'wounds' left by the other fighters. A haze of gun smoke lingered around him, the smell of black powder in the air as he took shot after shot.

"This is one hell of a day." He muttered, twirling his six gun before holding his gun up, free hand on the hammer to repeatedly draw it back before he rapidly began to unload bullets towards the stone monster clashing with Zero, expertly shooting around the Reploid.

Urgh...that really hurt. "This just blows," I say as I get back up, derezzing my avatar to save its power while I'm trying to deal with myself. "This isn't the network...I exist here. Almost forgot about that."
    "KOS-MOS, distract it and I can stop it!"
    "No one here by that name!" I yell, as I prepare to roll out of the way of the charging rock monster. Time to see if water beats rock.

Robin recognised the opportunity as Neptune stopped. She took the sword from her scabbard and got into position. Perhaps a hammer would have been a better weapon, but Robin did not know how to handle a hammer. As she approached the enemy, she screamed out, as she was prone to do. "Here's how its done!"
    Her sword glistening, Robin rushed towards the enemy and struck its left arm and, once she was past it, turned around and stroke again.

Zero was planning his next move when he heard Luciana's call.
    Something inside the Reploid's mind snapped.
    His weapons forgotten, he began punching the Sister with a speed and power that no normal human could hope to match.
    "I!"
    Smash.
    "AM!"
    Smash.
    "NOT!"
    Smash.
    "KOS-MOS!"
    Shatter.
    A massive crack formed in the boulder, and Zero fell to his knees, groaning in pain. Clutching his forehead, he screamed in agony as the crystal in his helmet started glowing. It went off almost as quickly as it had come on, and he slumped to the ground, whispering "I've lostÖ" as he fell unconscious.
    Last edited by SockOutTheWindow; September 7th, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

Robin's hits did little in the way of breaking the stone shoulder apart, but the force behind the hits was enough to push the shoulder piece out of position, sending it and the rest of the arm falling to the ground. The Stone Sister tried once more to readjust the stones within its body, but once again failed. In a last ditch effort, it jumped forward in an attempt to body slam Neptune.

After Zero's breakdown, pounding the stone torso with metal fists and Zan's constant barrage of bullets providing quite enough of a distraction, the Stone Sister simply fell apart, lifeless. From out of the dust, stepped Luciana, her hand glowing softly before dimming back to normal.

"Well geez, you could have said something sooner."

"OUCH!"
    And Neptune was now heavily injured. How would she block stone, anyhow? This is such an unfair first battle.
    "Guys, I need some help over here!"

Well this just won't do, Chell thought. Well, not technically. I thought that, then wrote it. I honestly couldn't tell you what Chell thought, she's near impossible to read.

Taking her portal gun and aiming it at the pile of rocks that was once the Stone Sister, Chell fired a blue portal underneath it. Then, in a split second, she aimed the gun into the distance, firing an orange blast of energy at a distant building. A few seconds later, the blue portal opened, swallowing the rocks whole and vomiting them out the orange portal. So, there. Problem solved, I suppose. Chell was somewhat proud of herself, giving a smug smirk, as protagonists are wont to do.

The rock creature is successfully dodged and ends up in the fountain. How this will affect it, I don't really care.
    "Guys, I need some help over here!"
    "Don't need to ask twice!" I rez my avatar back into the field. "Time to defeat Uranus[Terra]. HAHAHA I kill me." as I octolock the thing attacking Neptune.
    I take a quick look over at the one in the orange jumpsuit-wait, did she seriously just-well, there goes physics again.

The creature attacking Neptune faceplanted, blasting her a foot away and, well, doing some significant damage in the process, as said. However, without arms it seriously lacked the ability to get itself up, so it stayed faceplanted on the ground struggling as Rez fired several more bolts at it and eventually Luciana ran over, jumped on its back, and shoved an illuminated hand into its back, dissipating the blue energy.

Chell meanwhile, succeeded in teleporting a cluster of rocks to Akihabara, crushing some poor fans priceless Neon Genesis Evangelion figurine still in box. I hope you're happy.

With that there was only one Stone Sister left, a headless, torso-less X-shape of stone arms and stone legs. It was having a bit of trouble telling what was where, so it began attacking the nearest figure it could find, which in this case was Chell. It began swinging its arms in a haphazard fashion, slamming the ground and getting dangerously close to Zero as well.

A purple aura surrounded Zero, then faded away. He began to awaken. "Oogh...", he moaned, "Unbelievable!" Putting a hand on the ground, he tried to stand, but only managed to rise to one knee. Then he noticed the remnants of Sister heading his way. "Gaahhh! Shoot!" Unable to escape, he simply braced himself and hoped the rocks wouldn't connect.
    Last edited by SockOutTheWindow; September 8th, 2014 at 01:20 PM.

It takes a short while to get my head back in the game after witnessing the portal. "Any left?" I turn around. "Oh..." I should have checked if mine went down before focusing on another, but then I wouldn't have been able to help Neptune, and then the orange one distracted-and now Zero's about to eat curb.
    (What I'm saying is that Rez was too slow to hit anything this round...)

Thread Information