Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comic: Toki no Tanaka

Re: Comic: Toki no Tanaka

Gotta stop being late, but here's episode 2 - page 6.
    Toki no Tanaka - my Japan-set webcomic about life, laughs and Nintendo games.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

As someone who just casually perused your comic, your comic button layout bothers me.

Let me explain.

In terms of other comics that do "arcs" or "weekly" views or whatnot, there's a bit of a pattern to them. In terms of how the buttons are laid out, they're:

[First] [Last Week/Story] [Previous] [Next] [Next Week/Story] [Latest]

...What you're doing is this.

[First] [Previous] [Last Week/Story] [Next Week/Story] [Next] [Latest]

This gets to me in so many ways because multiple webcomics have done this first format and I've gotten used to it, but suddenly I have to adjust to this new layout?

Basically, I don't like the layout of the buttons - the further it is to either direction, the farther you should go. That's the logic that I've come up with when browsing past webcomics (Bob and George mainly comes to mind, though I'm positive there are others out there), and it's something that you should think about if you want to seriously advertise this to others in the future.

Having a user friendly interface enhances your site experience tenfold.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

I appreciate he feedback, but the thing is, I actually prefer the layout I've got. I like how "prev. episode" and "next episode" are side by side, presenting them as a different "thing" from moving pages normally and keeping the other buttons (which I see as also linked in pairs) together and easier to locate, too. Whereas the system you suggest would shove the episode button in between the first/prev. and next/latest buttons and make it ruin the deliberate compartmentalisation. Also, your main reason for disliking my layout is that you're not used to it, but that doesn't make it worse, just different to what you're used to. Who's to say that someone couldn't get used to mine and find other layouts irritatingly "wrong"?

At the end of the day, though, I don't think it matters. As long as the buttons are clearly marked and aren't actively user-unfriendly or difficult to find (And I think you'd agree mine aren't), then no-one should have any trouble navigating any comic.

All that said, the new page is finally ready! Here it is.
    Toki no Tanaka - my Japan-set webcomic about life, laughs and Nintendo games.

Thread Information