Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Epilogue

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Epilogue

You awaken to indistinct sounds of gunfire, explosions, and screaming in the distance.

You’re not sure how you got here, or why, or even what knocked you out in the first place. Your body feels heavy and the light from above is blinding, but after a minute you regain enough energy to look around a bit. From here on the floor, there’s not a whole lot you can make out, but you can tell that you, along with nine other sprawled figures, are lying in some sort of massive room. Most of what you can see is either vast, blank walls or unidentifiable machinery, but one particularly massive object catches your eye. Some of you are too primitive to fully comprehend what it even is, but at least one among you will recognize it for what it is: a towering robot, its slender frame highlighted with green. Elsewhere in the room, you can barely make out an enormous black mass that undulates occasionally, as if it is breathing. (Which it probably is, considering your luck so far with the getting transported to an alien dimension and the landing in the middle of what may or may not be a war zone and whatnot.)

The next thought that enters your mind is the obvious one: What will you do?

Spoiler: Repost of original OP 

Spoiler: Players 
    Last edited by Snickerway; March 24th, 2014 at 04:47 PM.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Re: Epilogue

With a small groan, Ichabod regained consciousness. His vision was groggy, he could barely see in front of him, and even then, it was only a bright field of white. He felt as though his head was on fire, sharp pain was overriding any sense of curiosity of his surroundings. Unable to sit up, he began gripping his head tightly with both hands. Soon, he felt the pain slowly begin to throb away. As he became able to focus on his surroundings, he noticed a small figure to his side. Quickly turning his head, prepared for the worst, he let out a sigh of relief. It was only Sarah. She was kneeling, and looking at him in concern. "Are you alright?" she asked, reaching a hand out.

Grunting, Ichabod waved her hand away from him, and struggled to stand up. His headache was almost gone now, meaning that the use of his powers was not the cause of the migraine. Looking around, he was, at first, unable to see anything of note. The walls were metal, unlike the stone walls that he was accustomed to, so he felt a slight unease at the unnatural surroundings. The second thing he noticed was the group of bodies spread around the floor of the room. He had never seen any of these people before, and that didn't help his nerves any. When at last his vision was adapted to the overly-lit room, he saw the towering robot. Though he knew not exactly the mechanics of a robot, he knew that it was meant to move, and he quickly struggled to back away from the thing.

Sarah stepped back with him, and asked fearfully, "Wh-what is that thing?!" She, however, was looking not at the robot, but at the pulsing thing in the distance. The robot wasn't moving, so naturally it wouldn't attract the attention of a frightened young child such as Sarah, but an unknown mass? Most definitely.

Ichabod turned and looked at the mass, before beginning to cautiously approach it. He grit his teeth, and reached slowly for his pouch, taking out a knife, for whatever good it would do.

((EDIT: Forgot to mention that Sarah is usually not visible to other people unless she chooses to be))
    Last edited by SSBBrawler; March 8th, 2014 at 10:20 PM.

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

Graham's eyes slowly opened up. Everything was blurry to his vision and he could also hear a constant ringing. He then shook his whole body to get himself up. Graham was confused, and barely knew where he was. He looked around without saying a word, trying to find out what happened to him and where he is. Then something caught his attention. He looked at the gigantic piece of machinery, later finding out that it was a mega sized robot. He quickly jumped and was frightened. "Good heavens! Wha...what is this?"

He started to run away from the giant humanoid robot. Upon doing so, he quickly lost his balance and fell onto his side. He groans and starts to breathe heavily. "Is....is this where I die? What happened before this? I thought I was with a gang in the Mushroom Kingdom....did..did we all die at some point? This is terribly horrific." He continued to lay there and thought of what happened...
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

Slowly, almost cautiously, Eli's eyes flickered open. He was on his back, and above him he say the familiar ceiling of the garage. He lifted his head a bit, and he saw before him his robot, Ophiuchus. Still in her spot. That's good. Then, he sat up completely, and saw a group of unconscious people. That's not good.

Eli stood up, rubbing his eyes to clear the drowsiness out. "What the hell...?" He inspected the knocked out individuals more closely, seeing that they were all, obviously, very different, and completely foreign to him. He also noticed that none of the other VEKEs were in their spots, only his. All of this was very, very suspicious. He turned around, and saw that a few others were also awake. One was a sort of walking... ball, thing? A cartoon bomb? It was rambling to itself about dying, and was frankly worrying to listen to. There was also a young man, holding a knife, inspecting... a large, black mass of pulsating substance? Now that was definitely not there last time he was in the garage.

So, Eli approached the man from behind, simply bypassing the living bomb and various other sleeping folks. "Hey," he said, speaking up, "I don't think that knife's gonna do you a lot of good, kid. In fact, it's probably best to not touch it until we know what it." He extended his hand. "Lieutenant Colonel Elijah Bloom. Who might you be?"

Startled by the approach of the unknown man from behind him, Ichabod quickly spun around on his heel, and pointed his knife at the now-conscious Eli. Remaining silent, he made a small hand-sign at Sarah to keep an eye on the black mass, just in case it started to do something other than pulse. Looking coldly at Eli for several long moments, Ichabod eyed Eli from foot to head. He couldn't understand how anyone could remain at ease in such a situation. The environment was too unusual, the giant robot could move at any moment, and who knows what that black thing was? The only explanation that Ichabod had was that this man was either an idiot, or one of the ones responsible for putting him here. An additional glance-over suggested more of the former than the latter, however. Keeping his knife poised, Ichabod finally replied, "I don't know who you are or where I am, but I will get out of here."

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

When Maj opened her eyes, rubbing the bleariness from them, she was instantly greeted by a group of strangers somehow even more weird than the ones she just left.
    Oh and also Doctor Shaden, he was still here.

But even more critical than the group of strangers was the colossus automaton that they had been dumped before, rising to her feet, a block of ground lifted her up and instantly positioned her between the strangers and the titan. She spread her arms to protect them bodily for added measure. "Stand back, mortals!" she called to them behind her.

Yelling upward, so that the creature may have a chance of hearing her, she said, "Colossus! For what purpose have you brought these mortals here!? Who is your creator?!"

She grit her teeth and waited for a response from the immobile machine.
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

Eli smiled. Keeping your cool is important, even if some young punk points a knife at you. "Well as I just explained, I'm Lieutenant Colonel Elijah Bloom. Eli to my friends. And we're in the VEKE garage, it seems. I know it well. But the horrible, gelatinous mass is certainly a new addition." He glanced over Ichabod's shoulder at said mass. "Probably not supposed to be there, that thing. As for getting out, I could probably just show you the exit if you'd like. We should probably figure out how you all got here, first."

"Stand back, mortals!" Shouted a recently awoken stranger, who was inexplicably floating with the help of a chunk of floor.

Eli turned around to get a better look, and saw her shouting at his robot. "Hey!" he yelled. "Get... Get down from there! However you're doing it! And stop yelling at Ophiuchus!"

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

While mumbling to himself about what would happen, Graham heard and noticed other people in this new place of change. He got up and saw four humans. They reminded him of Mario and Luigi, possibly the only few humans that were in the Mushroom Kingdom besides Toads. "There are others? .... I'm.....not alone... Praise the Princess! But I doubt they're from anywhere near the Mushroom Kingdom." Graham jumps back to his feet. "I guess it's time for introductions then." He then walks over to the group that was already conscious.

He tries to get their attention, but by his size no one really notices him. Then by using a spring attachment on his famous creation, the Hard Shoes, the ultimate defense for a defenseless Bomb-omb, he started to bounce up and down trying to get their attention again. "Uh hello! I do realize that I'm not in the Mushroom Kingdom anymore, but could you fine gentlemen and gentlewomen help me get back? I know it's a hardy request for an ol' chap like me. But if you know your ways around here then I'll be on my way. Oh and by the way, I am Graham Bell-omb, famous inventor from the Mushroom Kingdom." He continues to bounce
    Last edited by Vi; March 9th, 2014 at 09:32 AM.
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

Drake's head ached immensely as he woke up and looked around to see a group of strangers he had never seen before, none of them seemed to be anything to odd compared to what he had seen before, but he was still cautious as he got up and noticed the glazards nearby. "Lightning, come here boy." he whispered as the little creature got up and stood near him.
    He once again looked over to see a bit of a disagreement between a couple of the strangers as well as a woman referring to them as 'mortals' "The last time I heard someone refer to other people as mortals, they ended up dead. "He thought to himself, he then focused his attention towards the strange bomb creature jumping around. "I should probably disappear and wait to see what happens before I act carelessly." he thought as he slowly turned himself and Lightning invisible and laid back against one of the walls waiting for some sort of explanation for what was going on.

I just might pass this way again Snickerway's Avatar
    Why is this listed on all our posts again?

Drake's call reveals that the gelatinous mass is, in fact, a mass o' glazards that had been sleeping heavily until their master had awoken. In fact, the green one seems to still be asleep at the moment.
    ~~~~
    Elsewhere, a man of mystery and intrigue scrambled along in a less-than-mysterious manner. As importance as stylishness is, it generally becomes less of a priority when the only thing seperating one from one's murderous pursuers is VEKE HQ's haywire defenses. So, naturally, turning a corner to see the hangar was something of a blessing. He quickly reached for his grappling gun, latched onto the roof, and reeled himself in before the hangar's automatic defenses could get a lock on him.
    ~There is a love in me raging, Alegria~
    ~A joyous, magical feeling~

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

Venox Immediately cranked his body upwards. Immediately, he swiveled around taking in the surroundings, and then realising that he was not, in fact, on the Titanic. He gave out a few mechanical whirs, and observed the other beings; These were not the same ones as last time. Has he been pulled into another sick game? Is he going to have to fight to the death again? Why is there a giant Robot?

Venox had no idea what the others were doing, but it seemed like some of them were shouting, and some were running away to hide. But Venox, He saw the great machine, and knew that he could make some use of it. There was some female human shouting at it, and some male human shouting at her. That did not matter to him. He made heavy steps towards the great Machine, walking around the Shouting humans, and the missing chunk of flooring. He walked up to one of the feet of the great automaton, and tapped it, before making A click, a whirr, and a beep.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Maj was about to process what on of the mortals was yelling at her, but before she could a different automaton approached the unresponsive goliath, the two were probably made by the same creator, and probably had the same goals thusly.

"Mortals, stand back and try and look inconspicuous!" She dropped to the floor and dashed towards the titan's foot, shoving the smaller automaton (Venox) out of the way, hopeful delaying any scheme they had, she jumped up and began scaling one of the giant's legs, small dents effortlessly appearing for her hands and feet as she climbed. Hopefully she could find the brain of this machine and reason with it, find out what it wanted, or if need be destroy it.

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

"Wha...?"

Tanner was on his back, eyes shut. That wouldn't do.

Shouting loudly to scare the punks away, he sprang up, fists ready to make contact - and found himself somewhere completely different than he had been a few moments... minutes... hours ago? He had just been fighting a couple of thugs, kids really... Had they gotten the drop on him?

Embarrassed at his display, he relaxed his posture, and only then noticed that he was inexplicably clad in his Blue Wonder uniform rather than his "work" clothes. "What the... Who did this?" He was a little angry now. If that skinny kid was behind his abduction, he would find him, and he would beat the tar out of him for - there were others.

From their confused looks they seemed to be the same as him, abductees. Their unique fashion sense marked them as Supers like himself (question was, which kind). The lady floating in midair, yeah, that one was a sure bet. But the blob? The Pacific Rim robot? The... bomb with goggles? What?

The Super in midair seemed to have a beef with the robot. Allowing himself to float upwards, Tanner called to her. "Please calm down, ma'am. Seeing as you seem to have taken charge of this situation, would you mind telling the rest of us where on God's earth we are?"
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Powered by tea and classic rock Asphoxia's Avatar

Elluka opened her eyes with a groan. As if problems with her sister weren't enough, now she had no idea where she was. Her bleary eyes took in her surroundings. "Ok... Definitely not Hythe, or the weird lab." Acting on habit, she looked around, lest her sister be hiding with... say a shard of broken glass. There was a giant robot, although with her life lately, Elluka didn't think that was really weird. What was weirder, though, were the people floating in midair. Were they also from the lab? Elluka decided not to say anything, as was her specialty. She would find out everything in time.
    Don't expect anything to make sense. That way you'll be pleasantly surprised if it does.

Image credit goes to minimii!
    Narratorverse hype!

Blinking only serves to remind us of the past Pikanator's Avatar

"Nein, nein, ich weiß nichts, ich schwöre!"
    Dr. William Schaden kicked his legs out in light sleep, scuffing his boots on the floor. A slight pain shot through his body at the awkward position his feet were now in and he woke up in a slight daze. He saw the metallic wall near his face and he sat up quickly.
    "Nein, I szought it vas only a dream ... But to vake up back in zis room ..." His fist slammed heavily into the wall in frustration. That's when it hit him: this wasn't the heavy metallic wall of Auschwitz. Far too light of a metal in these walls to compare. So where was he?

Doc shook his head to empty the last of dreaminess and turned around. He found he wasn't alone in this large hangar of a room; several others occupied the far end of the room, standing at the base of what seemed to be a giant mechanical ... Something ... Doc wasn't quite sure how to describe it. Roboter-humanoide perhaps?

Not too far from the Doctor was his backpack and precious invention. With creaking bones, Doc stood and strode to it. He noted one of the bulbs on the top of the invention had burst as he picked it up, perhaps when he was flung into the room.
    "Ech, I vill have to replace zis at some point. Von't verk properly until I fix it ..."

Doc strolled over to the group, making sure to stay behind everyone as to be a quite observer of the current situation.
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: 999 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: VLR 
    Spoiler: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma 

This signature changes with each refresh

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

Filimir was, to say the least, disoriented. The last thing he remembered was entering a cave to extract venom from the spiders within, and the next thing he knew, he was...where was he?

Looking around, he saw a large object, possibly a statue, made of metal, with several other people examining it as well. However, the statue wasn't what truly caught his attention, but the others. Some of them were creatures that he had never seen before, while others looked like perhaps they could have come from Tamriel as well, though not any part that he was too familiar with.

Perhaps Sithis had something else in mind for me, he thought, wondering if he was going to approach them armed or not. He was certainly disappointed that he wasn't going to be killing any spiders, but something told him that maybe taking his frustrations and confusion out on these...things in the form of a gruesome slaughter wasn't exactly the best idea. Keeping his bow slung across his chest, he made sure his dagger was still concealed in the sheathe on the back of his right humerus (it was), and approached the group.

"By the Nine, what have we here? This is a serious freakshow," he said loudly, addressing everyone with clear disdain in his voice. Just because he wasn't going to immediately inflict any physical harm didn't mean he wasn't going to have some fun...
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

"Hey! Get down from there, you- you can't climb my robot!" Eli ran after Maj, stopping just short of Ophiuchus's foot. Like clockwork, the second he stopped, the floor below him, in a hexagonal pattern, lifted him up into the air, matching Maj's height. Aren't the hangar's built in elevator's convenient.

"Hey, miss," he said, tapping her on the shoulder. "I realize it may be some kind of big deal to be this close to a VEKE, but if you could refrain from climbing her that would be utterly fantastic."

Blue Wonder was also up on their level, so Eli addressed him too. "What's with all the flying people today? Did they finally legalize antigrav boots?" He inspected the changed in front of him. Odd outfit, to say the least. In fact, now that he thought about it, Eli was in his pilotsuit, but didn't remember putting it on this morning. Also odd. "As for where you are, you're in the VEKE Hangar, and you aren't really supposed to be. But, I guess you're just as confused as I am, right?" He held out his hand, hoping this guy would be nicer than knife boy. "I'm Lieutenant Colonel Eli Bloom, that's Ophiuchus," he motioned to his robot. "And you are?"

Maj had no real intentions of stopping what she was doing, while the mortals may have been disoriented by the situation she was not about to let that disorientation lead into the automaton's plans, whatever they may be, but the voice asking where they were sounded very close, far two close for the progress she had made up the leg.

She released one hand from the metal and let herself hang and pivot, facing the source of the voice, and was incredibly shocked to see what was behind her.
    It was a man, floating with no support, and he had covered his eyes as well.

She held onto the automaton in a stunned silence, her heart began racing as did her mind.
    "Are you…" she began, "Are you a god?"

She instantly climbed down a few steps and lowered her head in respect, his questions began processing through her mind.
    "I know not where we are, but I presume our transport her to be the work of this automaton. I have tried communicating with it but it has thus far been unresponsive, so I seek out the creation's brain where I will hopefully be able to talk to it and see what it desires from us."

And as one of the mortals had risen using some mechanism in the floor, he began to address the floating man in a mask.

She instantly hissed at him, "Mortal! What are you doing? Do not be above the god, lower yourself and bow."

Listening to what he had to say (though not moving in the slightest), she said much more audibly,
    "So you are the automaton's creator, and you don't know why we are here? Puzzling."
    Last edited by TheMightyBox; March 9th, 2014 at 06:41 PM.

Clicking his tongue in irritation, Ichabod figured that the group was more foolish than anything else. Not necessarily a bad thing, since he would likely have to use these people to escape, though he wouldn't guarantee they themselves would get out. Figuring that the group was currently too confused to be concerned for each other, he figured that the only way to get them to organize was to cause some of sort of event to happen. Seeing as how the first one to approach him seemed to know where they were, he realized that the black blob was definitely something that was not supposed to be there. Turning to face it again, he smirked. Time to do what he did best. He motioned for Sarah to follow, an admittedly strange act if anyone were watching him there, but he didn't mind. If the mass was about to strike, then that would be out of their heads soon enough.

Sarah looked at Ichabod with an anxious expression. "I-I don't think this is a good idea, Ichabod," she stammered, clearly frightened, unsure what to expect from the mass.

In a whisper, Ichabod responded, "Don't worry, if anything happens, I can evade whatever it might throw at me. You know that." Though his words were kind on the surface, his facial expression showed his true self: cold and unfeeling. He knew what he wanted, and had an inkling about how to get it, there was no way now that he was going to give this chance up. He took several cautious steps towards the black mass, keeping poised to leap back if the needed arose.

With another fearful look, Sarah stepped after him, keeping her distance, however, as she wasn't as sure as Ichabod was about what they were about to do.

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

Venox noted he was pushed away, giving a frantic whirr of the cogs as he stabilised himself. It would not do if there were others around the colossal machine if he had any hopes of hijacking it. He needed to find an entrance to the machine, and breaking apart the armour would be sure to attract attention. If anything, Venox could move up to where the humans had accumulated, and see if he could get information from them. Charging his body, he magnetized to one of the columns of the metal framework around the machine, and started climbing it.

It was by no means quiet, but he made quick progress up. He leveled himself with the others, and made a slow whirr before clicking twice. Venox was wondering about why there were so many humans around the place, let alone, how some are flying. Odds are, he won't stand much of a chance against some of them in a fight, so if he was to survive this, he needed to plan carefully.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

Upon noticing one of the strange people in the room making a move towards the sleeping glazards, Drake slipped around behind the man and gave him a quick tap on the shoulder. "I am a really understanding person, but if you have any intention of harming them I will burn a hole right through your chest, do you understand me?" he said as he pushed the man aside, he then turned around back at the group gathered around the machine "He is no god, I can tell just by looking at him, he is a mutation, an oddly dressed one, but he is still a mutant." He said to the woman as he made himself visible again.
    "Now I understand from listening in that this is some sort of VEKE hangar and that the robot may be one of said VEKEs, I also understand that all of you, me included are confused, now don't you think rather than trying to go off on our own motives that we try to find out why we are all here, I am sure that if we cooperate we may be able to figure it out if we just settle down and think." Drake then proceeded to sit down next to the sleeping glazards, all the while staying alert and ready to react should the man he shoved or any of the other individuals try to attack him, his hand ready to generate a ball of plasma at any given moment.