Thread: Human Mind, Pokemon Heart

The Bearer of Rainbows RainbowPopTart's Avatar

Human Mind, Pokemon Heart

You wake up in a daze, under harsh florescent lights filtered through a wired cage. The room you are in is covered with stainless steel and is clinically clean. There is an iron door with a small glass slit for someone to look through. There are seven cages, marked “D” through “J” and a Pokemon in each one. There is a small air vent, but the room is empty other than the cages. The walls are thick but the room is not soundproof and a Pokemon with particularly good hearing may be able to hear a few voices (nothing more than grunts however). You can feel something cold digging into your neck. It appears to be some sort of collar. You can’t inspect your own with too much detail however, and your vision is still a bit hazy so you can’t examine the other Pokemon’s.

The cage closest to the door begins to rattle (it appears some Pokemon recover a bit quicker from sedation). The yellow mouse rams it’s relatively large head against the cage. “LET ME OUT OF HERE,” The tiny Pichu shouts. There appears to be little response outside. The Pokemon grabs the bars of his tiny prison and fiercely shakes.
    After a few minutes the iron door slid open and a man dressed in all black with short brown hair rushed into the room. “Listen you little runts keep it down, we’re not sure what tests we’re going to run first.” The man looked down at the flailing Pichu, and gave him a sinister smile.

“WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE-” Sparky shouted angrily, but was interrupted by a swift kick to his cage.

The man laughed as Sparky rolled off his back, “Someone sounds angry, well maybe this will calm you down.” The man pulls out a remote and points it at Sparky. When the man pushes the collar activates delivering a painful shock to the mouse. Sparky tried shooting sparks from his own cheeks but nothing happened, his eyes widened at the realization. He couldn’t use his moves. “Don’t think about trying anything cute, those collars around your necks will keep you from using your moves against us.” The man howls with wicked laughter as the iron doors open again as he exits.

As the door closes you can hear another voice say, “We shouldn’t be treating them like this-” but the voice is cut off by the slam of the iron door. This strange building is filled with some pretty nasty people (obviously since they turned you into a Pokemon), and it would probably be wise to get out of this sooner as opposed to later. In the other cages are, Luna (an Eevee), Travis (an Espurr), Blaine (a Torchic), Bruce (an Audino), Alan (a Ratata), and Vytas (a Totodile).

Spoiler: Travis 

Spoiler: Vytas 

Spoiler: Bruce 

Spoiler: Blaine 

Spoiler: Alan 

Spoiler: Sparky 

Spoiler: Luna 
    Last edited by RainbowPopTart; October 31st, 2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: added everyone's stats
    Spoiler: Cookies are life 

sig thanks entirely to the amazing impromptu

We're all lurkers here SSBBrawler's Avatar

Re: Human Mind, Pokemon Heart

In the cage in the corner of the room, a Torchic let out a weak chirp. Standing up, Blaine blinked tiredly for a few moments, before regaining his senses fully. Running towards the bars of his cage, he could see several men at a cage across the room. They must have been giants! And that Pichu inside the cage was also far larger than a normal one. His eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness of the room, he looked around the room some more, seeing more apparently giant Pokemon in cages, but most of the cages in the room were empty.

"Is this some sorta PokeAmusement Park? Why are there giants everywhere?" he chirped aloud, not realizing his own transformation into a Pokemon. He was obviously a bit slow in that regard. With another chirp, he kneeled in front of the bars, and tried to grab them with his no-longer existent hands, hoping that he could beg his way out. Then he realized that he had wings.

Staring blankly at the wings for a moment, his brain finally connected two and two together and realized he had been changed into a Pokemon. His memories finally returning, he remembered being knocked out by some sort of sleeping gas, but now he couldn't figure out why he was a Torchic. Did those men do something to him that caused this result? What a predicament! Or rather, it would have been if Blaine didn't find it completely awesome.

Chirping happily, he started spinning in circles in his cage. Being a Pokemon was awesome! When he evolved, he would become all sorts of awesome! He stopped running at that thought. How could he evolve if he couldn't battle and get stronger!? Falling forwards onto his face in despair, a sad, muffled, cheep could be heard from the cage. Blaine was in despair.

((Could you post the character profiles in your post, so that we can easily look up who is who?))

Alan blinked in the harsh florescent lights as he woke, curled up in a ball. He grimaced at the cacophony of foreign sights, sounds, and smells. He must have still been under the influence of a sedative or something, because everything was coming back wrong. His vision was blurry and distorted – the world around him looked huge and strangely unsaturated. His hearing felt like it had shifted – familiar sounds seemed low and booming, and he didn't even recognize the higher noises he heard. And the smell- a thousand different scents crowded his nose, strong and unfamiliar. He winced again, closing his eyes and wrapping his tail around his nose.

Wait. His tail?

He sat up, his drowsiness gone. He looked down at his hands and saw two cream-colored paws. His entire body was covering in purple fur, ending in a long curled tail. He placed a hand- er, paw- to his face. It was furry and pointed, and thin whiskers sensed his paw was there before it touched. He didn't have a mirror, but he knew what he was - he had been around enough rattatas to recognize the features.

“Fascinating.” He whispered, lowering his paw. He slowly broke into an excited grin. “Fascinating!” He exclaimed once more, jumping up. He was a Pokémon – a real Pokémon! His senses were picking up things he had never dreamed of; he was feeling sensations that before scientists could only hypothesize about. He quickly looked around, trembling with excitement. Where was his notebook? He needed to write this… down…

His delight slowly dwindled. Where were his things? Where was he? What was this thing around his neck? A Pichu on the other side of the room was shouting angrily, clearly in distress. Was he a human too? A few minutes later a man, ten feet tall, entered the room. Alan realized he recognized the man from the Genesis demonstration. He sighed with relief; this man could get things sorted out. “Um, excuse me? Sir?” Alan said through the cage.

The man didn’t seem to hear him, walking over to the Pichu. “Listen, you little runts. Keep it down. We’re not sure what tests we’re going to run first.”

Alan winced at the man’s tone, still maintaining a nervous smile. “S-sir, I think there’s been a misunderstanding.” Alan said. “You see, I’m- “

His words were drowned out by the Pichu’s retaliation, and silenced by the man’s response. He recoiled at the Pichu’s abuse, shrinking back into the corner of the cage. What was going on? Why were they doing this? It didn’t make sense. Didn’t that man realize what had happened, that some of these Pokémon might also be human?

Once the man had left, Alan looked over at the pokemon in the other cages. An eevee, an audino, an espurr – in the cage next to him a torchic ran around feverishly before suddenly dropping face-down, cheeping forlornly. He was somewhat afraid to talk to them, lest the man hear him and return. Still, he didn’t want to be in this alone.

“Excuse me? Are you okay?” Alan said softly to the Pichu that had spoken up. He looked around- but the man didn’t return. “Are you… Are you a human too?”

He glanced at the door once more. “I’m sure this is all a mistake- some sort of mix-up. Once the people here realize what happened, they’ll change us back and we’ll all go home.” He smiled weakly at the yellow mouse. “It’ll be okay- you’ll see.”

He wondered who he was trying to convince.

Sparky panted angrily in the corner of his cage, his eyes cast down with his ears slumped over his head. He heard a faint whisper, as his panting turned to slower huffs.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" The Ratata stammered. Sparky turned to face the voice and perked his ears up. "Are you a human too?"

"You're darn right I am...well I was anyway..." Sparky rubbed his yellow, Pichu arm. He quickly turned to the iron door raising a fist, shouting, "AND THAT GUY'S JUST LUCKY I HAVE THIS COLLAR, CUZ IF I DIDN'T I WAS GONNA ROUGH HIM UP REAL GOOD." Sparky stared at the door for a few moments, before realizing no one was coming. He flopped onto his butt, sitting in the cold cage. He looked down again. "I'm alright, thanks," the little Pokemon sniffed as he spoke. "What do you think they want with us here?" He asked still looking at the shadow of his ears on the bottom of the cage.

It Was A Good Run, Guys: I Have A Skype If You Want To Stay In Touch, But So Long BitF Aeront's Avatar

"I wouldn't count on it, mate," said Bruce in his somewhat deep voice, leaning against the bars of his cage.

The Audino switched his posture, coiling and uncoiling one of his ear extensions in his offhand. "That gas they sprayed us with? It was military grade. Had to deal with it back in the war. Whoever these Genesis people are, they mean business. And I don't think they want us to leave these nice cages, either."

Even though he had recovered a bit of his memory, things still weren't adding up; why would these people hold them captive? What tests were they talking about? And WHY WAS HE AN AUDINO!?!? He looked down at the three digits on his hand and grew a bit frustrated. His new form had allowed him to recover from the gas a bit faster then the others (an Audino's immune system and whatnot), but even without this stupid collar choking him, he doubted he'd be able to break out of this cage.

He slammed his head against the bars in his anger, then sighed, slumping down into a sitting position. He always managed to get screwed over, didn't he?

Hearing the sounds of others, Blaine hopped back up, and ran to the edge of his cage to see who else was in the same situation as him. He almost chirped happily, since, as a group, they would be able to find someway out. The excitement of a grand escape thrilled him. The only problem was, how were they going to do it? The bars of the cages were sturdy, they couldn't use any special powers, beyond their own physical power as a Pokemon, and none of them were used to their new form. The conundrum made his head reel, and he leaned against the wall of his cage to keep himself from falling over as his brain mulled over the problem.

Figuring that keeping silent about the matter was not going to help the group any, he spoke up, "How can we get the scientists to take us out of our cages? If we do that, we can wrestle our way out. We may be small, but a small opponent can often be the most dangerous."

Alan’s stomach lurched at the Audino’s words. “What? That’s- that can’t be right.” he said lamely. “This is a research facility; why would they use military grade sedatives? A-and besides, they couldn’t just keep us here. We have lives- friends and family. People would notice if we just vanished. ”

He didn’t add that this was only partly true for him. He did technically have family, but he was an only child and he had always been distant from his parents, especially once he started attending the Pokémon Academy. It would be several months before they even began to think something was wrong. Some people at the Academy might notice he was gone when they saw he wasn’t with Chris, but they probably wouldn’t think anything of it. Students left the Academy all the time for various reasons.

In fact, the only person he even told where he was going was Chris. Alan sat back with a sad squeak. Chris had always managed to get him out of scraps before (before nagging him about how he needed to be more careful next time,) but this was different; if the Audino was right, Alan was in really some serious trouble. A part of him hoped that Chris wouldn’t get involved; he didn’t want to think was the Genesis people would do to Chris if his friend started poking around.

Glancing at the cages around him, Alan wondered if the others had people who would look for them. They seemed like such a motley group. And yet, they had all been chosen, hadn’t they? He thought back to the letter, carefully printed with his name. He had been picked specifically (an idea which once delighted him that now soured in his stomach,) and the others probably had too. He looked around at the other Pokémon in the room. Why were they all chosen? What was the common variable?

The Torchic next to him broke the silence with a suggestion on how to break out. He had to admire the bold claim, though a feeling of hopelessness was beginning to sink in. Even if they did manage to escape, where would they go? How would they change back? Sure, Alan was fascinated by his new body, and he yearned to learn more about it. However, given the choice, he’d rather not permanently stay a lab rat- at least not in the literal sense.

And yet, despite all of this, a part of the Torchic’s comment made Alan’s thoughts whirl. “They’d probably take us out for their testing, or if they thought something was wrong.” Alan finally replied. “But if we tried to wrestle our way out, they’d just shock us. It’s getting the collar off that’s the problem…” He closed his eyes, mulling this over. If he was one of the scientists, if he was at his lab and the Pokémon tested had shock collars, what would drive him to take the collar off…

“Malfunction!” He said excitedly, sitting up. He paused, clearing his throat. “That is, if they thought that one of our collars was malfunctioning, they’d take the pokemon out of the cage and take off the collar to replace it. Then they- the Pokémon, that is - could use that moment to escape and free everyone else!”

He looked excitedly at the others. Chris always told him he had optimism to a fault, but maybe, just maybe, this plan could actually work. And if it didn't, well, he seemed to be in good company. He had the feeling that together they could figure something out.
    Last edited by Shyguygirl; November 3rd, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

The Totodile suddenly woke with a jerk. Vytas instantly realized that something was wrong when he saw that he was locked inside a small cage, a cage much too small for him to normally fit in. He then grasped the full severity of the situation when he looked down at his hands which were now blue claws. "From the looks of it, it seems that I've been transformed into a Totodile by those Galactic people" Vytas sighed. "I should have realized that this was a trick from the start, I'm much more intelligent than this. No more moping around though, I must use the tools now at my disposal to break my way free." His best chance was to try and break through the cage bars with his newly sharpened teeth. He extended his jaw as far as he could and then snapped down on the bars, but he didn't even make a dent. They must have invested a lot of money in getting high quality cages.

As he tried to think of another plan, Vytas overheard other Pokemon talking to each other, trying to figure out how to escape. One of them yelled out something about malfunctioning collars. "Hmm... maybe we don't have to pretend that they're malfunctioning if they actually are" he thought to himself. "Hello my fellow acquaintances" he spoke out. "I think the best course of plan would be for us to actually make our collars malfunction. The best way to do that would be for me to shoot some water at one of you, seeing how I am the only one here who ended up with water powers. Is there anyone who wouldn't mind getting soaked?" It must have looked so strange to see a Totodile speak so intelligently.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

Did someone say... Art contest? Impromptu's Avatar

It took a moment for Travis to awaken; although when he finally did, a muddle of sound filled his head. Fuzzy, indiscernible sound.. a confused mumbling echoed all around him, muffled as if he were submerged in water. It sent a ripping pain through his head, aching to escape... Although at the same time, it couldn't? Something clamped over his ears.

He.... He wouldn't... for some reason?

Travis shook his head, trying to sort out the noises going around again. "Focus. Gotta.. figure out what's going on.." He picked out some sounds- Cages.. danger, collars- Shaping his vision accordingly. Shining bars came into view, then forboding lights, and colorful spots far away which would eventually sharpen into the shapes of Pokémon. Torchic, a blue Sandile, Audino, something purple, Pichu, and a brown blur farther off..

"Wh-huh?" His headache faltered long enough for him to finally notice a tight ring around his neck, which he tried to pull at. Instead of a hand though, a lavender colored paw came to scratch at it, unable to get a good grip. A second later, he would panic and start piecing his thoughts together; fuzzy presence clamping over his ears, little paws...

If someone listened close enough, they may have been able to hear a quiet but high pitched "Myaaaaaooooow" coming from Travis's cage.

"Th-that's.. Me, meowing! I'm a... a Skitty? I'm upright though, and a Skitty's cry isn't as drawn out, so.. Es..purr..?" Confused chatter scurried around his head, trying to make any sense of the situation. He fell asleep earlier, so he must be dreaming... But he hasn't seen an Espurr in his whole life except for on TV, so why is he seeing through its perspective so vividly? While he continued to think, more sounds echoed through the room, although this time, clearer. A clear voice, full of life:

"They'd probably take us out for their testing, or if they thought something was wrong. But if we tried to wrestle our way out, they'd just shock us. It's getting the collar off that's the problem..." Shock collars.. He was being held captive, then. It explains the bars as well; and "they're" planning to experiment on the Pokémon in the room. They?

"Malfunction! That is, if they thought that one of our collars was malfunctioning, they'd take the Pokémon out of the cage and take off the collar to replace it. Then they- the Pokémon, that is- could use that moment to escape and free everyone else!"

"...Well, that certainly won't be me, unless I gain an explosive power enough to wreck everything in this room.." Travis shifted nervously, eyeing the room for anybody that would seem the part. Someone that could restrain themselves from the pain of shock, most likely.. An electric type certainly wouldn't have a hard time with that, would they?

Another voice spoke out, possibly replying to the thoughts on malfunction- this had an uncanny calm about it, unbefitting of a bunch of captives. He offered to tamper with the collars on his own with water; then asked for a volunteer.

"O-oh, so that's not a Sandile.. That Water-type lookalike is Totodile. Right, from the LC tier battle strategies..." Travis hesitated, not wanting to get into any trouble after waking up with such a headache.. But at the same time, the Torchic was probably going to get hurt by water, and the Pichu farther off had already been injured.

"Skipper would volunteer if he understood English... M-maybe.." Travis raised his voice so it would be audible- just slightly. He remembered his promise to be braver, and this time would be as good a time as any to move forward. No matter what he did, they would have to keep him alive... Most likely.

"I'll... I'll volunteer..? I-if it's okay.."
    Thank you.

Spoiler: Sig also spoilerboxed for convenience of scrolling 

The Owner of the Muffin TARDIS Sugar Janelle Epps's Avatar

Luna stirred within her cage. She felt groggy but through her haze she could have sworn she heard Sparky. She kept her eyes shut and tried to listen since she didn’t think she could sit up just yet anyway.

“WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE-“ and then a thud. Luna had opened her eyes just in time to watch some guy in what looked like a lab coat kick a cage that had a yellow blob in it. She blinked her eyes a few times and the blob turned into a Pichu. Then he pressed a button which seemed to hurt the Pichu. “Don’t think about trying anything cute, those collars around your necks will keep you from using your moves against us”. He laughed and walked out.

Luna was thinking about what a jerk that guy was when it hit her over the head that she had to look through the bars of her own cage to see the Pichu, and that she felt something on her neck too. She looked down to see a bunch of cream colored fluff and little brown paws. Is this... I don't... Am I an Eevee? She sat quietly, almost too absorbed in worrying about what had happened to realize that the other pokemon in the room were talking to each other. She heard Sparky’s voice again and looked up to see him as the Pichu in the cage from before. She had to assume that the others here must be the other people who had come to tour the island. She wanted to say something to Sparky, but he seemed to be busy listening to the others who were coming up with some methods of escape.

A Rattata said something about malfunctioning collars. And a Totodile spoke up about making them malfunction using its water. Finally, an Espurr quietly volunteered. Wow, this is great! We’re already working together to get out of here! That’s a really good plan too! But then her ears drooped as she remembered something and she spoke for the first time in a somewhat sad voice at her realization. “Wait, wait a second. The guy from before said that the collars prevent us from using our moves. So I don’t think that your water gun will work.” Then she looked at Sparky in his cage and tried to make sure that he was okay. She couldn’t tell and so she asked in a worried voice “Sparky, are you okay?” She hoped he was alright after that guy hurt him. Luna hoped she’d get the chance to bite that scientist at some point.
    Spoiler: Random Chatlog Quotes! (Last Updated: 10/11/2014) 

It Was A Good Run, Guys: I Have A Skype If You Want To Stay In Touch, But So Long BitF Aeront's Avatar

Bruce sighed in his cage as he heard the ideas of the other pokemon. He was about to raise the point of how stupid a plan the Totodile brought up, the eevee who had just spoken up had done the job for him.

He gave a slight snicker under his breath before saying in an exasperated tone, "You bunch of kids really are hopeless, you know that?" He gave a yawn, then continued, "Listen, let's face some facts; we're locked in cages, in the forms of pokemon, with no ability to use our moves...heck, even if we could, how would we know how to? We're held up in a mysterious instillation by a mysterious group of maniacs who are going to be giving us some mysterious tests." He gave another laugh aloud, "Ha! We don't even know how many of these scientists there are! Maybe they have an entire army, waiting behind that door. And even if by some miracle we escaped, then what?"

He got up and rested against the bars once more, "As far as I see, we have three options to get out of here; option one, we wait until they come in here for testing, and try to fight them down before they can activate our collars. Chance of success; minimal. Option two, we somehow break one of these collars, they come in to repair it, and one of us single handedly manages to fight them all off and free the rest of us. Chance of success; minimal. And, option three, we do nothing, and wait for a better opportunity when they take us for their 'tests'."

He once more yawned, shifting into a more comfortable position, "This is what's called a no solution scenario, kiddies. I'd say our best option is to do nothing and go along with these psychos. And then, if an opportunity to escape arises, we take it. And, if it doesn't, we deal with it." Finally, Bruce laid his pink head down on the floor of the cell, using his large ears as a pillow, "Course, that's just my opinion. You idiots can feel free to try and beat these guys with the power of love or whatever."

He closed his eyes, attempting to fall into sleep, "Someone just wake me up if one of you figures out how to turn cages into lollipops."

Alan’s ears dropped back at the Audino’s harsh assessment. “But…but…”he stammered, looking around at the group. Everything had been going well. There was hope. And now…

Alan, stopped, his eyes narrowed in quiet defiance. “But what if you’re wrong?”

He stood up, moving to face the audino at his full height (though he was still dwarfed by the pink Pokémon). “You say that we’re hopeless- but you’re the hopeless one!” He said, “ You’re just going to give now? Because the odds are against us? Humans, Pokémon – we live to beat the odds. “

The rattata smiled excitedly, “I mean, just think about it! We can take a fainted pokemon and bring them back to normal in a matter of seconds. We can create entire environments in balls the size of a fist. We can make an artificial Pokémon!” his eyes shined with excitement “We accomplished so much, redefined impossible, accomplished things people never dreamed of. And we did it with ingenuity and perseverance. And now, maybe we don’t have enough information- maybe our plans won’t work today, or the next day. But if we work together, if we keep at it, then we can get out of here, and we can get our bodies back.”

He smiled at the Audino. “Besides, I think you underestimate how powerful a Pokémon can be.” He continued, fueled by his optimism. “I mean, look at you! You might not realize it, but Audinos are actually pretty strong pokemon; they learn several offensive moves at early levels and their hearing makes them quite formidable. Plus, you have combat expirence; didn’t you say were in a war?” He looked up encouragingly. “With the Audino’s strength and your fighting experience, I bet you’d be able to overpower those men out there no problem.”

As Bruce spoke, Blaine stepped back into his cage. A cold feeling splashed over him. Was this... true despair? It was a terrible sensation, and he wanted it to stop, but as words continued to emit from Bruce's mouth, it only became more and more challenging to fight back against the overwhelming despair.

Then the hope returned, in the form of Alan's words. Truly, they were inspiring, and he felt hope welling up within him.

Unable to control himself, he let out several clucks of laughter. Approaching the edge of his cage, a gleam of light appeared in the Torchic's eyes. "I'll admit that I almost gave up with that Audino's words, but you, Mr. Rattata! You brought me right back into the wonderful light of hope!" He was clearly over dramatizing the situation, but in a way, it was almost quite charming. Continuing with his speech, Blaine said loudly, "There are all sorts of things we can do to get out, and even if we fail once, there will be other times, we just need to play our cards right!"

Looking around at the group, he continued, "We all have different backgrounds here, and while not every one of us is a fighter, we all have something we can contribute! Some of us are strong, some of us fast, some of us intelligent! With all of these aspects, we can overcome anything!"

"No one is going to choose my fate! I'll fight to the end! Those scientists will regret the moment they gave me this form!"

Looking at the group, he wore a face that would be a wild, almost cocky smile, had he still been human. "Now then! Let's cement the details of our plan, and get the heck out of this dingy little hole!"

Sparky sat motionless for while, barely hearing anyone. He was in a daze as if the air around him was thick and cloudy and he was trapped in a bubble. Bruces harsh words popped that bubble. His voice was sullen and callous, Sparky couldn't even believe Audino could produce such despair and so frankly. But Sparky wouldn't believe him, giving up means zero chance of escape, and it sounded like a few of the other pokemon agreed.

"We can't give up, Mr. Audino" titling Bruce as to show respect for his age. Sparky was not used to speaking freely to someone so much older than him and his voice wavered as he did so. "I know your...sad...or angry...or...something, but I also know you're not ok with being in your cage either. The ratata and torchic are right we need to work together to get out of here." He looked at the other pokemon. "If we can't break the collars we can probably make them look broken, maybe totodile could scratch at his collar to make it look broken, or you, Mr. Audino, you could resist the shock from the collar, even better than me, aren't Audino really good at healing?" The thought of Sparky having to endure more electric shocks did not sound appealing to him. With the spike of adrenaline gone from his futile rebellion gone, he actually had a low pain tolerance. "Or I could try to resist the electricity..." Sparky gulped after making the suggestion. His eyes grew wide and he cast his gaze to a corner of the cage, mumbling "I just have to be strong."

Alan beamed at the others. He wasn’t sure what he would have done if no one else had spoken up. But the Torchic had said something, and then the Pichu after him. He glanced back at the Audino- hopefully he’d come around – before turning back to the group. He addressed to the Pichu who had volunteered.

“That’s very brave of you- all of you” He added, glancing at the Espurr who had first volunteered. “But it might be dangerous to pretend the collar’s not working at all. You would have to withstand the increased shocks from the remote, and it would be almost impossible to fake having your moves back. Plus the Genesis people would already be looking for new ways to restrain you.”

His right paw scratched mechanically into the bottom of his cage- what he wouldn’t have given for his notebook right now. “What if we did the opposite; pretended that the collar was working too well, that it was shocking us when it wasn’t supposed to?” He continued. “After all, they want us alive and unharmed for whatever their…tests are; if a broken collar jeopardized that, they’d have to remove it.”

He paused, looking up. “It would be difficult. Whoever did it would have to have a convincing enough act to fool scientists. And even then there are some elements to it that I don’t even know how we’d fake. Besides that, if the person was taken away to another room to have the collar replaced, how would they get back to the others? They couldn’t just walk through the door…” He trailed off. His ears twitched to a humming noise, and his eyes drifted to the only other thing in the room.

The air vent.

Bruce sighed as he heard the forced optimism of his cohorts. After all, what they call despair, he simply saw as facing the facts. And yet, he couldn't suppress a smile from crossing his face; even if they were stupid and naive, these guys at least had spunk.

So, he pulled himself back up, stretching his arms a bit, and said, exasperated once more, "Fine, I guess I'll keep playing this game with you all."

The words of the Rattatta were rather interesting though, "Well, color me surprised. One of you actually came up with a rather good idea." He folded his arms as a sly smile crossed his face, "First that speech and now this? I'll have to keep an eye on you, Mr. Rattatta." He slowly got into a hunched position, rolling his hands into fists.

"Name's Bruce, by the way."

And, with that said, he began to smash on the cage as hard as he could, making an explosive ruckus. He yelled at the top of his lungs, "LET ME OUT OF HERE! I WANNA SEE MY FAMILY! YOU CAN'T HOLD ME IN THIS!", though not entirely sure if he was saying it in English or not. He jumped up and down, smashed his face against the bars, and just generally caused a disturbance. Hopefully, these scientists weren't as stupid as they looked.

I want to line the pieces up. Yours... and mine. Luigiguy78's Avatar

"Ah, yes, thank you, I must have still been passed out when the rest of you found that out." Vytas continued to listen to the suggestions of the others until the Rattatta came up with a fairly good plan. "I agree with the Rattatta's plan, seeing how we have no means of actually taking the collars off, this is the best course of action." After the Audino introduced himself, he decided that he might as well present his name too. "My name is Vytas. You may have heard of my inventions such as the Sky Ball, which helps to capture flying type Pokemon easier. Have any of you tried one out before? If so, did it work well for you?" Vytas knew that this was about the worst place to ask for feedback on his inventions, but he couldn't resist hearing some criticism so that he could improve his inventions.

Suddenly the Audino, Bruce if he remembered correctly, began to smash at his cage and yell. "An interesting approach to attract their attention. I shall join in as well." He locked his jaw onto the bars of the cage again and began shaking his head ferociously, which caused his cage to rattle around, making quite the ruckus.

Let the sun shine on the Ice gym!
    Managed to defeat Keeby's fire gym!

Sparky could see some of the other pokemon causing a ruckus, and a mischievous grin appears on the tiny mouse's face. We're going to need to make a lot of noise. Sparky starts rattling around in his cage and screaming as loud as he can.

"HEY STUPID SCIENTISTS, WE'RE MAKING NOISE COME AND GET US!!!!" The words leave his mouth gleefully, he is all too happy to shout, even as a human Sparky wasn't known to be the quiet type.

A few minuets past and the iron door rushes open. It's the man in black from before. He has a dark look in his eyes. "I told you to keep quiet you little rat," He hiss at Sparky, he darts his head towards Bruce and then Vytas, " Oh it looks like you've got some trouble making buddies." His gaze narrows as he turns back to Sparky and his nostrils flare.

Sparky's large Pichu eyes meet the man's. He is determined to be brave, he can't back down. Sparky takes a step back away from the front of the cage, then charges at it as hard as he can. The cage jostles at the impact. The man reached for a key in his pocket, whipping it between the gaze of him and the tiny yellow mouse.

"You want out?!" he unlocks Sparky's cage and grabs him by the collar. Sparky kicks his legs, a feeble attempt to break free. "You all want out?!" He turns to the other Pokemon, dangling the tiny pokemon in front of the others. "You're all safer inside your cages," he says with a twisted smile. He throws Sparky against the opposite wall. Sparky let's out a small whimper on impulse, first looking at his fellow captives then giving a fierce look to the man barring his teeth. "Oh a tough guy, eh?" The man pulls out the remote for the collar from his back pocket, "Suit yourself." He hits a button and the collar discharges.

Sparky winces, I have to keep calm, I have to be brave, Sparky shakes of the electricity.

"Oh ok, not enough for you I see." The man twist a knob on the remote with a crazed look in his eyes. Something wicked is behind his eyes, it doesn't even look like he knows what he's planning.

When the scientist burst in, Blaine started to mimic his movements, but overacting it tremendously. He was loud, boisterous, with large movements, trying to bring the attention to him. If he could get out of this cage, then this part of the plan would be a cakewalk. He didn't know how fast he would be, but he knew he would be fast enough to knock that damnable remote out of the scientist's hands. However, his acting stopped when the scientist went absolutely berserk. For a man of science, he was showing to be an impulsive, violent person.

Anger welled up in Blaine's body, looking at the Pichu getting abused. Unable to contain himself, he shouted with extreme fury, "YOU ********! WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU, YOU'LL REGRET THE DAY YOU DECIDED EVEN TOUCH A POKEMON!" He started ramming into the bars of the cage, hoping against hope that they would break.

Alan smiled victoriously at Bruce’s change of heart, not noticing him assume a hunched position.

“Great!” He said, looking down. “Okay, now we just need to hammer out some logistics. Making the collar looked damaged, deciding who will play the part, maybe practicing a couple ti-“

He jumped in surprise at explosive ruckus that followed from Bruce’s cage. Soon many of the other Pokémon joined in the uproar. “Or… we could do that…” Alan gasped, hair still standing on end. He wasn’t entirely sure what was going on, though whatever it was everyone seemed to agree with the audino. Alan fidgeted, unsure of what the plan was now and whether to join the cacophony of noise.

Fear rose in Alan’s throat as the man in black returned with a vicious glint in his eye. The man turned to the pichu- he seemed to have taken an irrational dislike of the tiny Pokémon, or perhaps he simply wanted to make an example of him. First he took the pichu out of the cage and threw him against the wall; the Pokémon continued to resist. that's when the shocks started.

Alan’s stomach dropped. This wasn’t what was supposed to happen. They were supposed to stage a malfunction- no one was supposed to actually be shocked. He moved to the edge of his cage, his mind whirling. They needed to somehow stick with the plan; he needed to communicate to the pichu, but he couldn’t very well say the plan in front of the man in black. Suddenly he thought of something: he still had his ability to speak English, but just maybe…

<Pichu?> Alan said in a series of squeaks; he hoped the pichu could understand him. <Pichu, listen to me. You’ve got to play up how much the shocks are hurting you. Tense up your muscles, flail, scream – act like it’s at the highest voltage. Even when he stops shocking you, pretend it’s still hurting you. We need him to think the collar’s broken, remember?> His face twitched nervously. Oh, this was not good. Their hand was being forced, everything was rushing together, and he couldn’t even be sure the pichu heard or understood him.

But it got worse. Because pichu wasn’t playing it up; he was trying to resist the shocks.

Alan let out a distressed squeak, looking around desperately. No no no, this was wrong! It was the opposite of what they wanted! Now, instead of the scientists thinking there was a problem when there wasn’t one, that man thought there wasn’t enough of a problem. They needed to fake an emergency, but instead this man might hurt the pichu more than he realized- in fact, at this rate he might not recognize a true emergency until it was too late.

“S-stop!” Alan shouted in English, desperately trying to make himself heard over the noise. “Please! Pokémon aren’t meant to take that level of voltage - you’re going to kill him!”

Bruce, seeing the abuse of the tiny Pichu, sighed and sat down, holding his head in his hands. What were they thinking? He should have stopped this from happening. These kids needed a voice of reason, and instead of telling them straight that they didn't have good odds, he let himself get wrapped up in it. Now look; one of the poor youths was getting tortured.

He looked over as some of the others were up in arms, yelling and screaming for the man to stop. But, sadly, the old war vet recognized the look in that scientist's eye; one of a crazed maniac, someone hell bent on getting their sick pleasure. It was a look he knew all too well from his days on the battlefield; it was people like that who you saw with a grin on their face as they mowed down their foes. Serial killers, really.

He raised his gaze to the scientist once more. Disgusting.

He remained sitting on the floor of his cage, but he collected some saliva and did his best to spit in the man's face.

The poor kid.

Some of the other pokemon started to yell and make noise to try and get the scientists to come back. Luna wasn't sure how that would work since they hadn't exactly agreed on a plan yet. The man in black from before came back in. Luna already hated the man for hurting Sparky before, but now he was shocking him to make a point. She saw the man's eyes and her own widened. Not to make a point... He's doing it because he's a lunatic who thinks it's fun! Luna would make him pay. She would make him pay for hurting Sparky. "You are a horrible man... And just as soon as I get out of this cage, you will wish you hadn't hurt my friend!" Luna slammed herself against the side of her cage and then started gnawing on the bars in a very desperate attempt to get out.

The pokemon rattled their cages at the scene. The man in black looked at Sparky feverishly trembling. Sparky's eyes grew wide as he watched in horror as the man squeezed the remote. Sparky was stunned, he heard voices, screams, but he couldn't understand anything the only thing he could think about was the shock that would be delivered by this truly cruel man. There was so much he hadn't done yet. Suddenly he thought of his family and how they waved him off at the port when he left for Dawn Falls Island. He was so excited he didn't even think about his parents: how they would miss him, or how he would miss them. He didn't consider that there might be a chance that he would never see them again. Sparky's vision grew cloudy, the white lights blinded him.

"NO!!!" He screamed in desperation at the man in black, as a single tear ran down his yellow cheek. The man's eyes where pools of black and his smile was razor sharp, but before he could push the button to the remote the iron doors swung open. Two more men in black stormed in. The beast swung his head so that he was facing them. The men pinned him to the pressing his face against the cold stainless steal. The force knocked the remote out of the man's hand.

A woman in a white lab coat walks in after the men. She speaks with a commanding tone, "All right Carter, I've had just about enough of you. Why the boss even let a man like you join us is beyond me." The man barks and thrashes, but his restrainers are too strong. "Take him away boys," the woman says turning away from the man. The men pull Carter out of the room, "Your punishment will be swift and severe," the woman adds just as the men in black drag him out of the room. The iron doors slam shut. The woman in the lab coat turns to Sparky, who is still whimper against the wall.

She has long blond hair and green eyes. A pair of round glasses rest comfortably on her nose, and a name is stitched onto her coat: "Joanna." Her face quickly changes to a ok of horror when her eyes meet Sparky's. She rushes to pick up the shivering pokemon, wrapping her hands around him and drawing him into her. Sparky softly cries into her chest and Johanna gingerly runs her hand through the yellow fur on Sparky's head. "I'm so sorry about Carter, we're supposed to be running tests, but above all else we are suppose to be ensuring your safety, and any threats to that will be eliminated." Johanna walks over to the remote, turning the knob to the "off" position and then placing it into her pocket.

Johanna looks down at Sparky who is still shaking in her arms. She gently rocks him as she opens her mouth again, "I have to take you to the medical station to treat your wounds."She stops for a second, placing her right index finger on her chin. She turns towards the other pokemon. "I'm sorry we couldn't handle Carter's abuse sooner," she gulp heavily before continuing, "d-did he...hurt anyone else? Are you all ok?" Johanna's eyes are misty as she sincerely searches the eyes of the caged pokemon.

Luna was glad that they had gotten rid of that horrible man. She was still terribly worried about Sparky. She kept going back and forth between looking at Sparky and gnawing on the bars of her cage. Escape was the last thing on her mind at the moment. She wanted to get out; she needed to be sure Sparky was okay and he knew she was there. She called out to Sparky. “Sparky! Are you okay!? Please be okay! I don’t think I could live with myself if you…” Her voice trailed off. That was something she really didn’t want to think about. Sparky was very strong for being so young. He had to be okay, he just had to.

Thread Information