Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon: D.E.U.S.

Floor ice-cream gives you health! Megaron's Avatar

Digimon: D.E.U.S.

Note: Digimon: DEUS uses Data Squad terminology. As such, a Rookie becoming an Ultimate or a Champion becoming a Mega is called Warp Digivolution, and a Rookie becoming a Mega is called Double Warp Digivolution.
    Note 2: I suggest employing the Digimon wiki to make sense of anything you don't understand.

Digimon: Digital Emergency United Squad

Spoiler: Backstory 

Spoiler: Rulebook 

Spoiler: The Main Cast 

Spoiler: FEATURE NOT UNLOCKED 

"Remember, you have a lion's heart.." ~ Leomon
    --

Re: Digimon: D.E.U.S.

"Mmm, it's going particularly fast today." A woman was sitting in front of a laptop, stroking a rather odd-looking white cat. A large meter was slowly filling up, with the words 'sending... please hold on...' under it. "Shame it's still going to take a few minutes. Sending info to the real world can be such a pain. Oh well, all for the glory of DEUS. We are in need of new recruit, and I've found the perfect kids."

----
    [click]

The lightbulb illuminated, brightening the room to break the darkness of the end of the sunset. Nori sat back down in front of his computer, sighing and bringing one hand to the mouse, and another to his neck, to fiddle with his necklace. His nerves were piling up, and were starting to turn to anger.

"Come on, you stupid thing! Load! I just wanna watch this episode. Just this episode! Please." Despite his insistence, the loading bar continued to stay in place, however. He facepalmed in pure desperation, and opened his mouth once again, reeling to raise his voice--
    when a beeping noise broke his concentration.

He stared at the screen again.

You have new mail. Sender address: DEUS@yggsys.digi. Open?
    Yes
    No

"...Spam mail, I suppose. Such a lame address, too. 'God'? Who's gonna fall for that?" He hovered over 'no', but stopped. "Then again... Why didn't it go into my spam filter? This... Might be important." He pressed yes. What awaited him inside was a window full of static, causing a loud beeping noise once again, and the feeling of the world freezing around him. "What... What is this?!"

Immediately, everything went black, and his body was subjected to a funnel sensation; as if he was being sucked someplace else through a straw. This lasted for a minute, until he finally landed on his ass in a strange room.

Made of metal, completely cubical, featureless--not even a door or a window. He was speechless, petrified even. A voice then broke him out of his stupor.

"Please wait for the others to arrive."

The next thing out of his mouth was an undescribable sound of pure confusion, as he panickly looked from one side of the room to the other. "I... I guess I should wait then...?"

--

You thought you were so clever... Forum Veteran Commodore Jim's Avatar

"VaaaaaAAAAaaaAAALLL..."

Valentine sighed, swiveling in his chair. About eye-level with him sitting down was a young girl, her absurdly curly lime-green hair falling into her grey eyes. She gave a gap-toothed smile as he brother turned to face her.

"Yeah? What's the situation, Easter?"

"I'm hungry... Can ya make me a sandwich?"

Val paused, looking back at his monitor, and the half-completed calculus lesson displayed on it. Frankly, he could use a break from math. He gave a smile, and motioned toward the doorway with a nod of his head. "Sure. Meet me in th' kitchen."

As Easter skipped off happily, he brought his fist down on the brim of the military-style hat sitting on the edge of his desk. It landed perfectly on his head, and the boy stood, rolling his shoulder to work out the kinks as he walked toward the kitchen.

"Alright, tell me whatcha want." Val asked, stepping into the kitchen, his littlest sister's lower body sticking out of the fridge as she shuffled about in it. She emerged from the fridge, huffed, then pulled a stepladder up to the cabinets, searching around in that. Finally, she gave a little 'ha-HA!' and climbed down the ladder, handing her brother a box of instant macaroni. Most people would've raised an eyebrow, but this was normal to Val by now. "Alright... get th' popcorn chicken outta the freezer and into the microwave, then, and I'll start on this..."

-------------

After fixing up Easter's favorite meal of a popcorn chicken and macaroni and cheese sandwich, Val sat back into his chair with a huff. After a moment, he gave a small "Oh!", before wheeling his chair to his door, leaning his head out into the hall. "OOOOOY! CHRISSIE! Don't forget to switch yer laundry over soon so I can start mine, alright?"

He wheeled back in and shut the door, turning his attention to his screen. He noticed a (1) on the email tab in his browser.

"Ah, hell. Email. Did I forget to send an assignment in? Bet I'm gettin' grilled..."

He clicked over. What was there was something from an address he'd never seen.

"DEUS@yggsys.digi...? Th' hell?" Without thinking, Val clicked the email.

-------------

When he came to, he was in a rather sterile looking room, no features or decoration except that nervous looking guy over there.

"What the hell?" Val groaned, standing up and popping his back, before noticing his hat had fallen onto the floor during transit. He gave the hat a swift kick, sending it sailing through the air and landing on his head. After brushing himself off (despite the room being dust free), he turned to the other individual, chains and buttons on his coat clinking. "Hey. Gloomy. Did I just get kidnapped by cyber terrorists or somethin'? 'Cause if the answer's 'yes', somebody's in for some serious damage."

Ark

"Today's the day," the pompadour'd punk donning the blue leather jacket said. "Today's the day that I take back my city. I'll take back my gang and make my brother proud." He slipped on his sunglasses and kicked open the door separating his house and the outside world.

The greaser took one step outside, a simple feat, yet one that made him very proud as evidenced by the grin going from one end of his shades to the next. And then he took another. And another. Nothing was going to stop this gangster from reclaiming what was rightfully - and then a snap of twigs was heard, forcing the gangster to make a break back for his house.

"I'm sorry Mr. Brandon, these streets are yourrrrrrrrrs!" he yelled without even examining the situation.

After slamming the door shut behind him, the teen fell to his knees.

"God damn it!" he cried. "What the hell did I just do? The lightest sound is all it takes to get me rushing back to my house with my pomp between my legs... God damn it, I bet it wasn't even Dion's gang - I ran the &&&& back home before I could even see what was going on, and I do this every day. Every single day." He dragged himself up the stairs to his house and up to his room, lit by only the dim glow of his computer. "Ever since my bro got knocked out, I've been doing a terrible job at keeping the gang together. What kind of gangster am I when I can't even leave the house?" He sat himself down in front of the computer and rocked back and forth. "These streets don't belong to us anymore, bro... I wish I could've done a better job for the both of us."

A window popped up onto his monitor. An email? Certainly not one from an address that he had any familiarity with.

"What the hell is DEUS@yggsys.digi?" he said while clicking the email. "&&&&, thought my spam blocker was supposed to keep crap like this awa-"

And just like that, he was gone.

---

Eventually he woke up on the floor in front of two other people.

He fixed his hair and then pocketed his hands. "Uh, what's up, people? The name's Jonas Jovanni... and where the hell're we?"

Nori picked himself up, dusting his clothes despite the pristine surface he'd fell onto. "I have no clue where we are... But somehow, it doesn't feel like we're in our world anymore, you know?" He walked up to the walls and started running his hands through them. "It's practically hermetically sealed. No entrances, no exits, so how...?"

---
    "Don't you worry," said the voice from the speaker again, "you'll get out once the last two appear." A second voice, much younger, took control of the speaker: "And thank god, too, this is too many boys for me!" "What are you doing, Gatomon?! Give that back!" And it turned off just as suddenly as it turned on.

---
    "...well, looks like our captors have problems of their own, huh?" He turned around, clearing his throat. "Suppose there's no danger here, so might as well... My name is Nori Turner. Not that you're gonna bother remembering... Honestly, I'm thankful I'm not around my siblings anymore, but we'll see what kind of place this is..." He hesitantly extended a hand for a handshake--understandably so, considering the sort of looks the other two sported.

--

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks. You are not terribly subtle." Doak's Avatar

"Out 'till dusk again? When're you gonna spend a day at home?" A voice came from the couch as Nona made her way through the front door, shutting it a bit louder than strictly necessary. ...Okay, maybe a lot. She glanced over in the direction of the voice, noting two of her older brothers on the couch, eyes peeled on the television in front of them and chuckling at... She didn't care enough to look. Something with laughtrack for them to laugh along with.

"Eh, I'unno. Prob'ly when y'all get a mind of your own. So, like, next century." Nona responded dryly, turning her fingers up in a dismissive wave. They tuned her out and kept laughing. They probably didn't care what she was going to say from the beginning... But she expected that, and darted through the living room toward the stairs, taking them two at a time just as she'd been told not to several times in the past month or two alone.

With a sigh she trudged down the hall, making for the door at the end behind which was her room. She flung it open, tossed her bag on her bed, and after closing the door behind her by shoving it backwards with her foot, slumped down into the chair at her desk, in front of a small computer monitor, with keyboard and mouse resting on the desk's surface. Adjusting to a more comfortable position, she jiggled the mouse a bit, waking the computer from its sleep, and made for the blinking envelope icon on the taskbar.

"INBOX [4]"

Oh, what... All spam, I bet. She double-clicked the envelope, opening her e-mail program, and scanned her new messages. Two were instantly recognizable as spam. I reeeeally need to get a better filter. Or just get a q-mail account, or call and &&&&& at Yippee for a while that their filters are total &&&&... Ah well. Click, control-click, delete, and they were gone. The third message was from a friend, asking if she wanted to maybe go and see a movie on Friday. She clattered out a quick response to the tune of 'Sure, as long as that asshole brother of yours isn't coming', and moved on to the last message.

"FROM: DEUS@yggsys.digi"

"Dot... digi?" She said it out loud, having never seen an address like that before in her life. "Probably just more spam, but what the hell..." Her cursor hovered over the message that was curiously devoid of a subject line, lacking even the typical '(no subject)', before she pushed her index finger down. As expected, there was a click, but then...

The only way she could describe the feeling was... Well, it felt like she was somehow becoming a piece of spaghetti. Or stretched out like a rubber band, or something. That was probably more fitting.

And just as a rubber band, when released, she snapped right back into place. She'd apparently landed right on her ass, and she fell backwards from the shock of the whole experience--right into a solid steel wall that connected with the back of her head. "&&&&! Owwwww..." She glanced around the room, but the spaghettification and impact with the wall left her vision a little blurred. She could see three other figures in the room, but couldn't quite make them out...

"Where... What the hell happened?" She asked the nonspecific figures she could see against the solid grey background of... the room? Probably a room of some sort. "Ow, owowow..." She moved a hand behind her head, nursing the slowly-growing bump between her ponytails, and rubbed her closed eyes with the other, an admittedly rather useless reaction to her partially-lost vision.
    Last edited by Doak; September 7th, 2013 at 12:22 AM.

Tentomon's Toaster Trolley Coxy's Avatar

And so fiercely did Maximillian of Northshire storm into the citadel. As the stench of sulfur and brimstone invaded his nostrils, an ear-splitting roar echoed through the reaches, greeting him. He roared his own defiant greeting. "You are cornered… DRAGON! Come out, and face my steel! I will run you through!" Maximillian gripped his lordly blade and waited. The earth trembled beneath his feet as a great shadow lumbered into view.

The fantasy novel connoisseur stuck her tongue out as she turned the page. "This better be exciting!" A thrilling battle would outweigh the plot, she figured. These stories usually flow the same…

…the maiden shrieked as … and then the knight … his vorpal blade … As the great beast let loose a billowing flame… the outstretched claws … to the ground with a rumbling death rattle … Sir Maximillian sheathed his sword… her dress, torn …

The paragraphs continued to be skimmed with mild disappointment. Giving up on the story entirely, Christmas Weltschmerz closed the book, tossed it aside, and rolled around on her bed. "It could just be cooler! Ugh! ...Though, it's still fun to imagine the princess's pretty dress. Dress, dress… torn dress. I feel like I'm forgetting something that I was supposed to do…"

"OOOOOY! CHRISSIE! Don't forget to switch yer laundry over soon so I can start mine, alright?" The muffled voice of elder brother Valentine seemed to answer her thought as it broke the silence.

It took a few seconds for the meaning of the words to sink in. "Oh, right. The laundry… The laundry of clothes for me. The laundry that especially is mine. My laundry…" Chris figured she may as well do that now, before she picked a new book up and lost track of time again. "On it now, Valli-o!" the preteen responded as she exited her bedroom. She waited for the "Valley-what?", but was greeted with silence from behind her brother's door. Probably too focused on his battle against the mighty Homework Monster to have heard… Christmas shrugged and continued on to the washroom.

As Chris transferred her clothing from the washing machine to the dryer, brainstorms of dragons and elves and warriors with swords, lances, and bows raced through her mind. I should write a story sometime! I've read enough to produce something decent! she thought as she fiddled with the machine controls. "And I bet Easter would enjoy it," she continued the thought out loud as she slammed the dryer door closed with gusto. "Of course, Val would like it too, but he'd be all…"

She lowered her voice into a mocking gruff tone and placed her hands on her hips. "Ha! That's dumb! There's no justice in letting the wizard turn the hero into a frog!" After a brief pause and a room scan to make sure Valentine wasn't there to hear her impersonation, the monologue resumed, in her own voice once more.

"Having the hero set back creates tension. And tension is…" Christmas pressed the start button with dramatic pomp. "INTERESTING!"

With a Beep! and a whir, the laundry started on its glorious quest to become dry. Another, different beep caught the young girl's attention. "A text message! It better be Mary; I need an excuse to go to the bookstore!" She grabbed the source, her phone, from her skirt pocket. But it wasn't a text message, it was an email notification.

New mail from: DEUS@yggsys.digi.

"May as well see what this is all about…" Famous last words, for sure. The moment Christmas pressed the acknowledgement button, the room around her ceased to exist. Before she could react, a cold sensation jolted trough her, as if she were slammed face-first into ice water. Everything became numb and dark as she fell...

--

Tactile sensation and situational awareness returned to Christmas slowly. From what she could tell, she was now hunched over on something softer than a tiled floor. "Urrrr..." she groaned, weakly. "What in blazes?"

The mass beneath her reverberated a rumbling groan in response. Did she... land on someone?
    Last edited by Coxy; September 7th, 2013 at 01:56 AM.
    Art 'n Music Thread -- Steam Profile -- SoundCloud -- Tumblr -- YouTube -- Coxy#1419 (Battletag)

As soon as Nori spotted Nona falling in, he retracted his arm and turned around. "Hi, sis. Here to steal the spotlight too? As if the others weren't enough..." He started to make a beeline for the corner... Before being pushed face-first into the ground by someone falling on top of him. He sighed in resignation and gently shoved whoever it was off of him, standing up and pointlessly dusting his clothes again. "At least I didn't break my nose too badly..."

----
    "Okay, everyone is here! Opening hatch!!"

Immediately, the cubical room lost a wall, and the floor underneath the teens become a conveyor belt, slowly guiding them along. To their right was a huge mural with engraved text and pictures detailing the backstory of the 'Digital World'... And to the left was a huge hall, filled with young boys and girls and the occasional adult, all of them accompanied by a strange creature. One of them in particular, a girl with golden locks accompanied by some sort of giant kiwi bird, spotted them and started walking alongside the conveyor.
    "New recruits, new recruits! Hiiii~ My name is Sally, and this is my Digimon partner, Kiwimon~" "The pleasure is mine", stated the creature, bowing. "Welcome to DEUS' floating base of operations, the Machina!"

----
    Nori gazed around, in utter disbelief, making surprised noises at every turn. He was watching the murals more intently than he was the strange creatures, but he seemed to enjoy watching both.
    In a tone of both delight and shock, he muttered, "This is just like one of my japanese animes..."

--

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks. You are not terribly subtle." Doak's Avatar

"...What?" Nona blinked repeatedly, her vision finally righting itself just as someone new appeared, landing right on top of... Was that her brother? It was kind of difficult to tell; she hadn't seen him in... well, at least a month or two. Of course, his dishevelled appaearance and signature outfit were unmistakable as ever. "Nori? Outside of your room? Or is this what it looks like on the inside? Kinda dull, inn'it?"

With a satisfied smirk, she leaned back against the wall behind her, shutting her eyes again with a quick yawn, rolling her eyes behind her eyelids as her brother spouted more of his downer crap. When he was done and she heard footsteps move for the opposite corner, she held her hand out upside down and flicked her fingers up, signaling that yet another of her siblings had said something she found completely absurd. Just another day... other than being stretched like a rubber band and flung to... wherever this was.

"Wait, you mean you didn--" She was cut off by a voice that didn't seem to belong to anyone else there, and the wall she had been leaning back against was pulled out from behind her. For the second time in as many minutes, her head connected with a metal plate with a loud thunk.

"Owww, dammit! Why?" She pulled herself to sit up again, glancing first to the right, which appeared to be some kind of expansive digital tapestry depicting and describing all sorts of things that could never have really happened except in the most fantastically unbelievable of stories. Her eyelashes fluttered briefly in disbelief before and she scratched a little itch just below one of her ponytails and turned to the left...

Well, that settled the matter of those creatures on the tapestry, at least. They were moving before her very eyes, unless they were some kind of hologram or something. Or maybe they were a delusion brought on by whacks to the back of the head in rapid succession... Yeah, that had to be it. Nona closed her eyes and rubbed at her lids until she was sure they would be gone, and opened them again...

And now they were talking. Or, at least, that wingless bird monster that seemed to be keeping pace with the conveyor belt she was on was speaking. Nona still didn't quite believe it... The thing had been introduced as 'kiwimon'. "I'm sorry... What? Digimon? DEUS? That was that weird email address, wasn't it... 'Machina'? Is that what you're tellin' me this is? This so-called "god" couldn't think of a better name for a giant flying machine than... 'Machine'? This is straight-up nonsense..."

She turned to her brother, his eyes wide with amazement. "No wonder he loves it so much." She sighed and lifted herself back to her feet, glancing back at the mural that seemed to go on damn near forever and then back to Sally. "Umm... I'm Nona, but I'm not quite sure this ain't just a dream or some &&&&. Good to meet you if it's not, I guess."

Ark

Jonas almost stumbled backwards at the sight of the base. This wasn't real; it couldn't be!

But it was all there right before his eyes... monsters and all. He tried to approach some, he even tried to touch a few, just to make sure they weren't just fantasy, but he never worked up the courage to get close enough. These creatures were just too far out there for him to comprehend.

"Yo," he said to the girl with the Kiwimon. "Uh, Sally was it? When am I gonna get me one of these Digimen? And while you're at it, am I gonna get to take it home with me? Because, y'know, I got a home to get back to and all that."
    Last edited by Ark; September 9th, 2013 at 12:42 AM.

Now pulled to her hands and knees, Christmas regained enough composure to assess her new surroundings and "comrades". A familiar pink-haired figure caught her eye. "Val!?"

But there was no time to process beyond that. The walls were moving now! ...Or was it the floor? Chris marveled at the tapestries: a collage of beginnings and ends, battles fought and won, creatures of what must be from various mythological origin. She wondered if she had been selected into some grand scheme to peruse some of the greatest stories imaginable.

She turned her gaze to the scene to the left, eyes widening at the sight of tapestry creatures walking around, for real. Real creatures. REALLY REAL FOR REAL.
    New recruits? DEUS' floating base of operations? Digimon?

"This has to be a magical workshop, then. A workshop that... manifests from the powerful wishes that reside in pure hearts!" Chris finally got on her feet, raising her fist into the air triumphantly.

"And so it is here that I, Christmas Weltschmerz, will write my best-selling fantasy adventure! ...Ma'am, where's the wizard I should be thanking?"
    Art 'n Music Thread -- Steam Profile -- SoundCloud -- Tumblr -- YouTube -- Coxy#1419 (Battletag)

Val turned as more people appeared in the room. His eyes widened at the unmistakable sight of drilltails. "Chris? They got you too? Th' hell's goin' on here...?"

Chains and pins rattled as he lurched a bit, caught off guard by the sudden movement of the floor. He was quick to catch his balance, however, looking up as someone began talking to him. Just a normal girl, not a cyber-terrorist. Good... "... Izzat a giant talkin' New Zealand bird?" He looked up, noting several other pairs of human kids and bizarre creatures, his brow furrowing as he tried to comprehend what was going on.

"Alright so, anybody care to explain why we were spirited away onto a floatin' fortress? And where the hell this fortress actually is? And what a Digimon is!?" He got slightly more agitated with every question he asked. "Answers, please! Single file, one at a time."

"Gee, so many questions~! Ummm, let's see..."

"You are atop the Machina, the primary base for the Tamer alliance known as the Digital Emergency United Squad, or D.E.U.S.. In short, we're a large group of Tamers and their Digimon who seek to maintain peace on the Digital World. The name for the base was chosen due to the phrase Deus Ex Machina, literally 'god from a machine', which I suppose is fitting since members of DEUS come out of said machine. As for Digimon, we're-"

"Oh boy, not letting you take this one, Kiwimon, you're gonna talk their ears off." "Apologies. Go ahead then, miss." With a short, energetic giggle, Sally turned back to the newcomers and started explaining. "Digimon are creatures made from electronic data! They are created from the feelings thrown into the world-wide web, which gives them all sorts of exciting shapes and abilities~! Most of the time, they're wild and have their own lives, but sometimes they become a human's partner! Said humans are called Tamers!" She then grinned at Jonas, this time much more excited. You will get your Digimon partner soon! But I can't say when or if you'll return to yor world; then again, this place's super cool so I don't know if you'll want to go back!"

Kiwimon tapped Sally on the shoulder lightly, and she quickly looked ahead. "Oh, end of the track! You'll meet the leader of DEUS now! Good luck~!"

The conveyor, still whirring the group along, went into a tunnel. It was made of glass, allowing sight of the world below: A beautiful green forest, filled with bizarre vegetation and plenty of equally strange animals, including a tiny dragon and a nine-tailed rabbit thingy. Nori's attention was immediately drawn to the dragon, gasping in awe--before he quickly looked back, hearing a noise.

"You're our only hope."

"...did... anyone else just see Kiwimon's eyes turning a creepy yellow? Just me? ...okay."

Quickly, the tunnel ended, and the conveyor led them to a big metal room with lots of cables lying around; at their feet laid a staircase that led to the bottommost part of this hall, surrounded by two colisseum-like row of seats. They were, however, empty.

"Oh, you're here!" The voice from the speaker was quickly identified, a stout woman with brown hair and rippling muscles. Simple correlation would indicate that the Digimon accompanying her was Gatomon.

Five metal stands stood in the middle in a row, all facing the woman. Two items were on each stand--a touch-screen phone-like item, and a wristband with a glowing gem on it.

"Come down, we won't bite! Too much." "Gatomon, I... I'm not even gonna bother. Anyway, welcome, Tamers! I hope the trip here was pleasant!" "Because we're immediately gonna send you on a mission!" "Ignore her. My name is Terence, this here is Gatomon."

"No doubt you've been told what this place is. Being new Tamers, you'll need your equipment right away, so it is!"
    She pressed a nearby button, and saluted, as each stand quickly had a name written on it. Nori, Valentine, Christmas, Nona and Jonas. On Nori's stand, the touch device was black, with a purple screen. On Valentine's, it was orange with a pink screen. On Christmas, it was pink with an orange screen. Jonas' was sky blue and navy blue; and Nona's was green and white. "That is a Digivice," explained Terence, an item that proves you're a Tamer, and links you and your Digimon, plus provides many useful functions. You'll find those out soon! Incidentally, this model is called a D-Slide. The other item on the table is a Tensegrity Shield replica, courtesy of the Royal Knight UlforceVeedramon. Since you're going in alone, you'll need protection for yourself, so you can use those; they project an unbreakable energy shield! Only humans can activate them, however."

"I assume now's mission time?" "Yes, of course. After a bathroom break should you need it, you will be sent down into the wild to find your Digimon partner. Your Digivice will point you in the direction of an eligible Digimon, matching up their personality and abilities to you. Once all five of you have found one, you'll be beamed back. So..." Finally, she drops her salute. Any questions?"

----
    Nori picked up his D-Slide, gazing into it. The arrow on it appeared inert, and floated lazily as if on water. "This is exciting... I get my own Digimon partner. Hopefully, I get a powerful one and be able to contribute to my team." As worry struck him, he looked around the rest of the group to watch their reactions. He slipped on his shield and gripped the digivice tight, still watching for anything the others might do or say.

--

A "D-Slide", huh... Chris picked up both this device and the shield-wristband. "And this turns into a shield? Fantastic!" She already could picture herself brandishing a large shield to protect her allies from the flickering flames of an enraged wyvern!

... Oh, but she'd also need a weapon. Like a gleaming sword! Well, maybe a sword is cliche. A flail! A Maul! A sickle! A scepter that casts spells! Or maybe a sword that shoots magical beams! Pew pew! The young girl waved the D-Slide around as she practiced her imaginary weapon technique. And then, feeling the burn of several different strange looks aimed her way, quickly snapped to attention. "Ehehe..."

So, finding a 'Digimon' in the wild that would become her partner. Christmas looked to Gatomon, and then recalled Kiwimon from before. It was hard to imagine creatures like these doing much more than chatting about the day while enjoying a nice cup of tea. ...Not that there's anything wrong with that! Maybe the digimon she was about to find will act the role of squire to her role of knight, providing moral support and guidance while she struck the heavy blows. Or maybe it will be very strong, and will vanquish foes for her and the others!

And regardless of what this new digimon was like, it will be matched to her wishes, in some way. Never question destiny! Chris straightened her posture, her voice flaring with conviction. "No further questions. Onward, I say, to find my new ally!"

"Machina... DEUS... Tamers and Digimon? Digital world? Is this some kinda game, like, virtual reality or somethin'? I don't remember signin' up for nothin' like this..." Nona's expression became more and more incredulous as she glanced back and forth between the apparent army of teens and eclectic assortment of bizzare creatures to her left and the mural to her right, filled with pictures of more of these bizzare creatures. If this wasn't a game of some sort, she didn't really know what to make of it... But games like this shouldn't be able to exist, yet, should they?

Trying to work through her confusion as to the nature of this place and everything she was seeing only drove Nona to further confusion, so for now she just did her best to listen to the bird-and-blonde duo while paying as much attention as she could manage to the images they passed on the mural. The explanation was pretty straightforward, but still didn't really make sense, at least not logically... If the creatures--or, well, "Digimon", she supposed now--were really made of feelings on the internet... Did that mean she was somehow in the web herself? Was that possible?

...Did it matter? Either way, it's pretty neat...Maybe it's all a game, but if I ain't at a keyboard or holdin' a controller in my hand or somethin', may as well have some fun, right? Nona shrugged, mostly to herself, as the track finally reached its end, a tunnel opening before them and then swallowing the conveyor belt and the five kids on it. Nona stood on the very edge of the conveyor, cupping her hands and placing them lightly against the window. "Gorgeous! You guys gotta see this!" Her eyes darted about in wonder at the ground below, colors more vibrant than anything she'd seen in her life... in the "real world", anyway, assuming that... somehow wasn't where she was now... But man, these trees! Plants and animals that she was sure didn't really exist, leaves all the way from blue to yellow...

And just like that, they were back in another metal room. And this one was a hell of a mess, cables strewn about everywhere. Nona craned her neck back toward the tunnel, trying to get every last glimpse through the glass she could manage. She didn't even notice anyone was in new room with them (though, really, she should have known; Sally had said they would be meeting the leader now) until the new person spoke, identifying herself as Terence and her partner as Gatomon.

Nona thought to introduce herself, only just now realizing that she hadn't done so in the initial room, but as soon as Terence was done introducing herself and her own partner, her name and everyone else's hovered above a metal stand with what, presumably, was the equipment DEUS would be providing them. She bounded down the stairs, two at a time, towards the stand with her name on it, twin trails of bright blue with the occasional pink streak bouncing behind her as she ran. Her enthusiasm dimmed, however, as she reached the stand with her name on it.

"...Green? You kiddin' me? I'm gonna get this thing a new paint job, green definitely ain't my color." Leaving that fashion disaster waiting to happen on the table for now, she grabbed the wristband and slipped her hand through, then held her arm out and let the gem catch the light. "Yeah, this'n suits me, though. Hehehe." The sleeve of her jacket was just short enough that the wristband was exposed.

Before getting back to the D-slide, Nona glanced at the others' names, floating helpfully in midair. Nori, of course, she already knew, and Jonas was a name that... existed, at least, but who would name someone Christmas or Valentine? "So, uh... Chris? 'Tine? Can I call ya that? You two, like, related or something? Those ain't names I've heard before, far's I'm aware, anyway..." Guess I'd better take a look at this nightmare of an accessory too, eh? Nona picked up the D-slide, turning it over in her hands a few times before settling her thumb and index finger down against the green grips and glancing at the arrow on its surface which, regardless of the direction she turned the device in, continued to point the same way, like a compass.

"Uh, yeah, actually, just the one question..." Nona turned to Terence, holding her D-slide against her jacket, her shirt, and then her leggings, determining the green would clash with all her favorite clothes, and that just wouldn't do. "What've I gotta do to get a new one'a these? Different color, I mean. This one's just... I mean, come on. Claaaaash city." I could just stick it inside my jacket if I gotta, I guess, but... Damn, even Nori's looks better'n mine, and he's got the fashion sense of a moldy biscuit. No &&&&in' fair.

Val blinked, looking at everyone picking up their weird little toy phones. He glanced over at the stand bearing his name, and the gaudy device sitting on it. "D-Slide. Huh."

He took a moment to quietly snicker at his sister. Always in her fantasy world. Guess this sorta place was perfect for her, huh? With a sigh, he turned, walking to his own pedestal and taking the D-Slide off of it. He turned it in his hands, examining it, before promptly shoving it into his coat pocket without a word. With similar silence, he picked up his wristband, moving a handcuff out of the way to secure it to his wrist, before shaking his hand, jostling the cuff back into place.

"So." He spoke, shoving his hands back into his pockets "We're gettin' critters of our own?" He popped his neck as he looked at Terence, trying to get a read on her. 'But for what? Nobody's given us a REAL answer as to what we're doin' here. We just supposed to assume these are the good guys we're dealin' with because they give us free &&&& and Disney animals? Still... don't wanna go off half-cocked. Need some more observation before I do anything potentially dangerous with Chrissie around...'

He turned around sharply, head down and coat swishing behind him. "No further questions. Let's get this over with."

Ark

Jonas tapped at the screen of the D-Slide a couple times, almost ending in him dropping on the ground. "Uh, phones? This thing better be durable because I swear the first thing that happens to these things is that the touchscreen gets a bigass crack right down the middle."

He thought back to the monsters he saw in the base and then wondered what sort of partner he'd find himself with. "It better be something cool," he thought. "I don't want to be stuck with some freak of a monster for the rest of my time here."

"Well, I can't wait to see this D-Slide in action, so let's get moving!"

"You can't get a paintjob. D-Slides are made of the data that comprises this world, so paint slides right off it, and we have no clue how to modify the code yet. So you're stuck with the color it chose for you. Sorry."

Gatomon jumped at the chance to answer Val. And on top of his head, too. "In a moment, sure! I'm sure you wish you'll get something cute like me, yeah?" "Down, Gatomon. It's time to send you guys down to find your partners. Flip the lever!" The cat monster more of flopped onto the lever and weighed it down rather than flipping it, but the effect was presumably the same: that sensation from when they got sucked into this crazy world overcame them again, and in seconds, they were on the clearing below the Machina, surrounded by forest on all sides.

No time was given for contemplation, however: The arrows on Nori's and Val's D-Slides suddenly sprung to life and pointed towards the forest, in the same direction; Jonas' did too, but with a much weaker signal.

"Th-that way!" Nori sprung to his feet, and signalled the group along, following the signal. Eventually, inside the forest, they came behind the hiding spot of two Digimon: a tiny teal dragon, and a tiny red rabbit. The same two they saw, no doubt.

The D-Slides beeped and text appeared on their screens, one on Nori's and one on Valentine's.

Dracomon, a Dragon Digimon, and the only one whose data consists of 100% Dragon data. It's the origin of all Dragon Digimon, and it shows it with its ferocious personality; though its gentler side surfaces with people it trusts. It loves to collect gems, and even consumes the shiniest ones.

Elecmon, a Beast Digimon with nine tails, all of them electrified. It is able to release all the electricity in its body for a powerful Super Thunder Strike, yet despite its power, it's a lively, curious Digimon that loves to play pranks.

Upon the text ending writing, it made another beep, and the dragon turned around--then back as heavy rustling was heard on the other side of that bush, as Jo's signal got even weaker.

"Dammit, now they're gone! Look what you did, humans, you-"

Nori gazed at the arrow pointing at Dracomon, then at it, in disbelief. "My... Partner?"

--

"Bluh."

Val grumbled as they appeared in the forest, still not used to the weird 'instant transmission' method of transportation. Still, he didn't have much time to complain, as his D-Slide immediately began to flip the &&&& out, followed by Nori flipping the &&&& out and running into the woods. Val sighed, following along. 'Guess I'll get my partner... and make sure Nori don't run into a pitfall while I'm at it.'

After a bit of walking, they arrived in a clearing. Standing there was a some sort of dragon thing, and a... what the hell is that? Rabbit? Fox?

As Nori stared at the dragon, jaw agape, Val crouched down in front of the fuzzier creature.

"Yo. Valentine Weltschmerz. And I guess you're my partner?"

The other creature's ears flicked at the sound of Val's voice turned and looked up at him.

"I dunno, am I?" It replied, more than a hint of sass in its reply.

Val paused, before a slight smirk teased at his lips. "You. I like you. So, what, do we do somethin' special to make it official? There some sorta ritual or do I put a ring on it or does it jus' happen?"

"You can't get a paintjob. D-Slides are made of the data that comprises this world, so paint slides right off it, and we have no clue how to modify the code yet. So you're stuck with the color it chose for you. Sorry."

Nona frowned and peeled back one side of her jacket, slipping the D-Slide into a small pocket within. I'll just keep it there, the--augh! She was stretched thin again, and with a quick cold journey as a long piece of spaghetti, she reached her new location.

...Which probably wasn't quite where she was intended to be. When she began to regain her shape, she found herself in midair... Then she fell. Each of her legs landed on a different side of a tree branch, which quickly rushed up to meet her, and none too gently.

"Owwww! Why? Why?!" She took a moment before looking down from her new perch, where the rest of the group stood on the grassy ground. "Urghh..." She flung one leg over the branch, and gently... geeeently... Oof. Well, at least she managed to end up on the ground on her feet. ...And the others were off, chasing something down into the forest. She followed as quickly as she could manage, though she was partially distracted by the vivid trees and bushes and flowers.

They reached their destination, by the looks of it, before long; two digimon awaited them in a clearing... Some kind of small dragon thing, and something she couldn't describe any more specifically than a 'small critter'. Nori and Val approached the pair and looked at their digivices; Nona pulled hers briefly from her jacket, noticed the arrow on it was still inert, and slipped it back.

And now that she was standing still and not halfway up a tree, she could take a look around. As great as it looked through the windows of the base, the scenery was even more beautiful up close. She saw a cluster of pink flowers through some of the surrounding trees and bushes and thought to maybe take one, stepping away from the group for the time being. I'm sure everything around here'll be friendly enough. No danger in splitting up for a minute or two!

If there was danger, she wouldn't be in the best spot to deal with it, the way she was constantly glancing left and right and paying waaay too much attention to the scenery to notice anything else. She beat a slow path through the tall grass and thick bushes, glancing to and fro the whole way, though she continued towards those pink flowers.

Nona's D-Slide seemed to react to the pink flowers. As she got close, it suddenly went haywire, and the arrow started to spin and spin and spin; and then it stopped. It pointed deeper towards the forest. One would find that if Chrissy were to approach them, it too would do this.

Something, previously waiting in the bushes, jumped out and attacked Nona, with an inarticulate screech. It slashed at her, though with poor accuracy; its claws only managed to snip part of her ponytails.

----
    Immediately, Nori's screen flared up with a description. "What the-"

"Gazimon is a Beast Digimon that's quadruped; however, it's able to stand on two legs if it so desires. It's a Virus-type with a weak will, being easily controlled, and loyal to its master; but it has the potential for nasty Digivolution. Its claws are also incredibly strong, and its legs allow it to move very agilely."

He immediately looked around, looking for the source, and found it--the little feline attacking Nona. "D-Dracomon! Attack!" "No need to tell me twice! Baby Breath!!" A teal fireball soared through the air and sniped the Gazimon out of the air; it fell into a bush and quickly scampered away.

"It's going towards Death Village! After it, after it! It knows where the digi-egg is!!" "Um... Can we please not go to 'death village'? Sounds nasty..." "It ain't that bad. Follow!"

----
    He led them to an archway made entirely of wood, with a sign that stated "Death Village". Inside was a great workplace, full of small plant and insect Digimon working on glowing blue and white spheres? In the middle stood a huge tree, gently shining, bearing those same spheres and eggs as if they were fruit. One particular Digimon seemed to be in charge, supervising and giving out orders.

"Lilamon, a Fairy Digimon. Despite its innocent and pure appearance and personality, it's an extremely dangerous Digimon, as its leaves are highly toxic to the point of lethality. It also governs over death and rebirth."

Immediately, Christmas' and Nona's D-Slides started pointing more intensely: a scarf-wearing beetle guarding a storeroom, and a little pink seed floating lazily about the air. Not just that; Jonas' also came back to life, pointing intently at the tree, but still weakly.

(Sorry about taking so long, we'll get to the fighting in just a sec.)

--

Ark

"Man, my phone sucks," Jonas muttered to himself. Everyone else had already either obtained a Digimon, or were being pointed in the direction of one, while his D-Slide could only produce a weak light which quickly dissipated. When it faintly lit up again, he figured that he couldn't just wait around for his target to disappear for a second time.

"Hey, mine must be close by!" he said while running towards the tree. "I'm gonna catch it."

Beep!

Nona's hand instinctively reached into her jacket, pulling the phone-like device from her pocket. She glanced down at the unfortunately-colored contraption and the arrow that seemed completely unable to make up its mind. Useless piece of... She lightly tapped at the screen with her other hand, shaking the device to try and make the damn thing make up its mind.

She had given up and began to walk toward the flowers again before--Beep.--the D-slide finally settled on a single direction for the arrow to point. As she glanced back down at it, then upwards, in the direction of its guidance deeper in the forest, she failed to hear a rustling in the bushes to her left.

She heard what came next pretty clearly, though. Or, as clearly as anyone could. She instinctively moved upon hearing the shrill sound, just as something leapt up at her head. Having ducked forward, she evaded the brunt of the beast's attack, though its claws clipped at the ends of her hair. She whirled around just as her brother's voice came from behind her.

She finally got a better look at the creature that attacked her... Some kind of... Twisted-looking rabbit-thing? Her brother's voice came from beyond the plants behind her, and then a fireball blasted through the air, contacted with the rabbit in a loud explosion, and dissipated. The beast fell to the ground and Nona saw a rustling in the bushes.

...And there were clippings of her hair in the grass. Great. The damn thing had given her a free haircut--well, just a trim, really, but still, you tend to get what you pay for. She reached back behind her head to get a feel for her new hair length as she rose to her feet again. "'Ey, bro, thanks! I owe ya one..." She dusted a few blades of grass off her knees, following off behind the others deeper into the forest. Now and then she turned her eyes down to the arrow on her D-slide, which now pointed the direction in which they traveled.

==================================================

"Death Village", it turned out, wasn't exactly a fitting name. Not in the sense that one would immediately imagine, anyway. Nona marveled at the giant bugs and the plant-critters and whatever the orbs they were messing with were, then her eyes were drawn toward an absolutely massive tree in the center...

Even the largest redwoods had nothing on this thing. It was truly colossal, and its beauty matched its size. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of those orbs grew from it, illuminating the tree in a gorgeous bluish light. And one creature hovered about, communing with the others. It was pink and yellow, and had hands and feet and wings like flowers, and another as though it were a hat... Beep!

"Lilamon, a Fairy Digimon. Despite its innocent and pure appearance and personality, it's an extremely dangerous Digimon, as its leaves are highly toxic to the point of lethality. It also governs over death and rebirth."

She glanced from her screen to the magnificent creature, and back, and again, and back... "That one! I want that one." Stylish, beautiful, and with power to match! It was perfect. Her D-slide, however, had other plans; it pointed off to the left, and, holding the phone-like device out in her palm in front of her, she turned until it faced forward and traced her eyes along the ground in that direction.

Nothing. But floating a few feet above the ground, she saw something resembling a large green seed with tiny stumps of arms and legs and a pink flower bud for... A head, she supposed. "What... That? Really?" It lazily bobbed through the air, a yellow stem attached to a pair of leaves spinning above its head keeping it afloat, and when she spoke, it turned to face her... if you could call it a face, really. Its eyes and mouth appeared to be small black holes in the flower bud. "That's just... silly." Cute, but... not as stylish as the other one, and it looked pretty weak, even compared to Nori's and Val's.

"Heeeeey, that's not very niiiiice..." It flew unsteadily toward Nona, dipping down toward her. "We're paaaartners, we have to get aloooong!" It... nodded? This basically consisted of the flower bud portion of its body dipping forward toward the ground while its main body remained relatively still.

It was kind of endearing, really. Nona cracked a smile. "Ahaha... Well, okay. I could get used to ya." She extended her hand, taking the digimon's tiny arm between her thumb and index finger and lightly lifting it up a bit in a gentle... approximation of a handshake. "Lessee, here... What's your name, li'l buddy?" She glanced down to the D-slide in her other hand. "Lalamon... Cute! Too cute. C'mere, let's get back to the others." Nona returned to where the others were gathered around the entrance to the village, glancing about in search of the shrieking rabbit.

Christmas followed her brother and the others through the forest, where they met Dracomon (Wow, a real dragon! I like it here already…) and Elecmon (Well, Val, a rabbit can be very dangerous depending on the story, hehe…), had the brush encounter with Gazimon (See? That looked like one scary rabbit!), and were now led to this, as Dracomon called it, "Death Village". By now, her D-Slide was reacting with the intensity she had observed of Valentine's, before. To meet her fated partner at a place called Death Village… she hoped there wouldn't be too much excitement until after introductions were made.

--

But, as it turned out, it seemed the village itself painted a very stark contrast to what the name would otherwise imply. As the group entered the workshop Chris's attention was first glued to the brilliant tree, as she murmured, mostly to herself. "The tale of our heroes unfolds at the Grand World Tree of Death Village, its spherical fruits shining like valuable gemstones…" Her gaze shifted to the insect and plant digimon milling about. "The native creatures, sentient seeds, walking flowers, and large bugs, toil away at their labors…" She slowly pointed her D-Slide to various corners of the workplace, watching the arrow protection twist as it calibrated. "And the magical dowsing rod nears the end of its search…" The arrow steadied, as if like a compass, and Christmas looked ahead to its designation: Off to the side of most of the workplace was a room leading further in. Standing in front of, rather, blocking the doorway was a very large blue beetle (very large as far as beetles normally go!). It stood firmly on its hind pair of legs, making it appear even larger. A long horn graced its head, and red spikes adorned both the horn and the insect's back. On closer inspection, parts of this creature appeared to be robotic. Something like that would explain the large and almost unnatural claws… Christmas' D-Slide beeped and some text now appeared on the screen

KoKabuterimon, an Insect Digimon with superhuman strength. It is said that it can lift even a great Tortomon with just one of its arms! It is aggressive about protecting its territory and generally keeps to itself.

A creature that boasts great attacking strength… This I can definitely work with! "The D-Slide has spoken! This digimon here is my noble companion!" She boldly strode over to the beetle, who puffed his abdomen out in an intimidation attempt.

"Halt! No one enters the storeroom… hyer…hoo… HUMAN!" The insect pointed an arm at Christmas, claws outstretched.

And Christmas, unswayed by the act of aggression, crossed her arms in response. "So my partner is guarding the vault of treasures, eh?" She looked back to the shining tree as the insectoid digimon carefully sized her up. "What a noble job to have, the King's guard!"

Kokabuterimon blinked. "The what?" With his smaller middle arms, he fiddled with his yellow scarf, suddenly sheepish. "P-paw… partner!? …Hey, listen, I wasn't told that I had any other jobs! I'm just standing guard! What's this 'partner' business all about?"

"It means," Chris bent down on one knee and sidled an arm around what could be considered KoKabuterimon's neck, as he recoiled a little from the unexpected contact, "that I, Lady Christmas Welschmertz, and you, Lord Ko-Kabu-teri-mon (wow, that's a mouthful), are now destined companions, who will go on adventures together!" Her other arm was now flung forward as she pointed, at nothing in particular, with authority. "Defeating all who oppose us, saving those in distress, obtaining valuable treasures…" She felt herself trembling, and assumed it was from excitement. She then realized that it was actually her insect friend who was shaking, if only mildly. "...Is there a problem, my noble squire?"

"With all due respect, Lady, uh, We…Wels…Warts…--"

"Christmas"

"Criss-miss!" KoKabuterimon finally spat out, "I was not expecting to do anything more than guard this store room…"

Strong of body, to be assumed, but the jury's out on whether he's strong of mind… Christmas stood once more, hands on her hips. "Well, then. Our first adventure together will be to stand guard here, until further notice!"

KoKabuterimon eyed his new and unexpected partner warily, still unsure what to make of this entire situation. Well, the Lady sure is confident…

"And now, from this standing point, our second order of business..." Christmas now pointed at Lilamon, who hovered over the "worker bees". "Excuse me! O great Flower Fairy!" She checked her D-Slide for a name. "Lilamon!" The large flowery digimon turned to face her. "You look to be revered, and wise... If I may be so bold as to inquire of you the nature of this place? My allies and I are but strangers in an unknown land!"

KoKabuterimon now buried his face in his larger hands, his smaller middle claws continuing to twist at his scarf in embarrassment. The Lady is too confident. Much too confident...!
    Last edited by Coxy; September 23rd, 2013 at 04:34 AM. Reason: THE GREAT POWERS THAT BE DEMAND MORE!

The boss took heed of the lady that demanded her attention, and twirled around to meet her. Her demeanor quickly changed to strong and strict to something gentler. "Oh, visitors~ I suppose the name and appearance would throw one off, mm? This village is an important factor in the life cycle of Digimon, you see. Once a Digimon dies, their data is scattered. The roots of the central tree, Sephirot, gather that data. After the workers dig up the glowing orbs and fill in the missing chunks, we hang them up oh the tree every weekend; from there, they grow into Digi-Eggs! From there, they disappear to who knows where. Exciting, isn't it~?"

She then gazed up at the glowing leaves, gently dancing in the wind. "I can only imagine where they go. I've heard of a place where these eggs hatch into newborn Digimon... If possible, I'd like to visit it someday." With a grin clearly meant to mask a frown, her attention turned back to Chrissy. "But I suppose I can't stray from my duties here, can I? It's a thankless job, but hard work is its own reward~"

----
    "So, what's so important here, Dracomon?" It turned its stare up at the magnificent leaves of the titanic tree, squinting as if to spot something. "Those Gazimon were trying to carry away a data chunk they stole from an innocent Digimon. I can't allow that, as Captain Dragonbreath! ...that's what I would say if I were anything more than a rookie. Truth is, I can't really fight anyone on my own." Despite this, Dracomon started rubbing its nose smugly. "Then again, who knows? Maybe now that I have a partner, I can Digivolve." "R-Right..." Despite his nonchalant response, Nori was brought deep into thought. Digivolve...? Do I really have the power to make Dracomon more powerful? ...I hope I do. I wouldn't want to disappoint him.

----
    Nona's D-Slide sprung to life, quickly loading words.

Lalamon is a Plant Digimon with an unsettling but cute appearance. This is mostly a defense mechanism, as its only methods of attacking are weak and exhausting to itself; however, it has great potential for Digivolution.

----
    The arrow on Jonas' D-Slide was elusive, having brought him to walk in circles under the tree. However, before the realization sunk in, his D-Slide was knocked off his hands by a falling object. A large grey egg, with a yellow polkadot pattern... The device was definitely pointing at it, too. But before he could react, the egg started to move, and crack.
    Last edited by Megaron; September 23rd, 2013 at 05:27 AM.

--

Thread Information