Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 215

Thread: Itsameluigi's Art

  1. #51
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Oh hey look, it's a drawing I accidentally erased a while back!



    This was drawn on the new 3DS Miiverse, which is identicle to the Wii U drawing pad, but still. It doesn't look bad IMO.

    I also drew my friend in a cartoon style.



    I have a signature background BTW. Well, maybe others use it, but that's usually the one I use.

  2. #52
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    You're doing well in general with the faces in your latest pieces-- I'm especially fond of your new Link drawing, although what I take to be his ear is a bit too high.

    I'd be interested to hear how you go about drawing the heads, whether you do any planning by drawing the scalp, etc. Sometimes when you draw faces, the peripheral features (like the jawline, ears, forehead and scalp) seem a little improvised, which is certainly not an uncommon tendency among cartoon artists. If you're looking for a direction to improve, though, it might help you in general to look at some reference of those areas next, and try to lock down where features such and the ears and chin belong in the same way as you did with more central features like the eyes and mouth. Of course, doing this takes time, but the end results can be worth it.
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  3. #53
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    You're doing well in general with the faces in your latest pieces-- I'm especially fond of your new Link drawing, although what I take to be his ear is a bit too high.

    I'd be interested to hear how you go about drawing the heads, whether you do any planning by drawing the scalp, etc. Sometimes when you draw faces, the peripheral features (like the jawline, ears, forehead and scalp) seem a little improvised, which is certainly not an uncommon tendency among cartoon artists. If you're looking for a direction to improve, though, it might help you in general to look at some reference of those areas next, and try to lock down where features such and the ears and chin belong in the same way as you did with more central features like the eyes and mouth. Of course, doing this takes time, but the end results can be worth it.
    Thanks. Well, when doing the head, I kinda just glance at the picture back and forth. I probably would put some more time into it if there weren't 3 ways to accidentally erase your drawings (home button, clear all button, and accidentally clicking cancel). Nintendo needs to do something about that... but yeah. I keep wanting to draw on paper, but something keeps deterring me from doing it, and IDK what.

  4. #54
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I can certainly understand reluctance to draw on paper-- digital art has a lot of advantages, especially if you're using a program made specifically for art. The Miiverse drawings are pretty constrained, I can see, but then again they have the satisfaction of knowing your drawings are seen by others immediately after finishing, and can be commented on easily. But, when you're drawing on paper, sometimes you feel like you're just drawing for yourself-- which pretty much describes how my art collection ended up, heh.

    I'd say that if you're serious about getting better, a good approach might be to use pencil and paper primarily for practice sketches for a while-- you have a lot of space on a page, after all, and since the pencil is so direct and intuitive to control, you can really push the limits of your skill. It may be boring, but filling a page with practice heads, hands or figures is what's going to give your art muscles a workout. As you improve there, then, your real projects, be them on Miiverse, Art Academy, or something like Photoshop or GIMP, will look all the better for it, and the satisfaction will be worth it.

    Of course, I'm not saying all paper and pencil art should be practice-- I just think for your purposes, using the most free-form and direct medium for such might make sense. I really think the social element of your art is a good thing, and if that's what brings you satisfaction, that's great. But, considering how repetitive practice can be, paper that nobody else will ever see is probably the best place for it.
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  5. #55
    Let's finish this! Right here, right now!
    Join Date
    Sunday, Dec 8 2013
    Location
    Some alien place called Earth
    Posts
    38

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I've seen your drawings, and I'm scratching my head as to why you seem to be so negative about them. They're pretty good, IMO.

    ...If I posted my drawings on this forum, you'd feel much better about yours, I'm sure. At least you CAN draw!

  6. #56
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX20100 View Post
    I've seen your drawings, and I'm scratching my head as to why you seem to be so negative about them. They're pretty good, IMO.

    ...If I posted my drawings on this forum, you'd feel much better about yours, I'm sure. At least you CAN draw!
    Thanks, Mega Man X! I just have low confidence. XD

    ANYWAY, I am currently doing a Sonic the Hedgehog drawing marathon on Miiverse (meaning I draw something from one series only until it's over), and since it'll take me a while to finish it, why not post 3-5 drawings at a time here? So BOOM, 5 new drawings!











    Sonic looks kinda meh, due to me being out of practice at the time I drew him. Tails isn't bad, though SOMETHING is out of proportion. Knuckles and Amy, I personally think they look almost perfect, though Amy's socks are a little iffy. And Metal Sonic's eyes are too small, and his robot legs were rather difficult for me to draw, so they look weird, but WHATEVER.

  7. #57
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Hey, that batch of Sonic pictures is looking good. You're managing the Miiverse medium quite well, I think.

    I'm impressed with the Knuckles and Amy pictures myself, and I'm glad to hear you feel good about them-- it's nice to hear some confidence from you, I certainly think it's merited here.

    The others are not bad by any stretch, though. Metal Sonic's left leg being obscured by his right foot looks a little strange, but certainly not impossible-- otherwise they look quite good. I think the issue with Tails might partially have to do with his pose, which is slightly awkward, with him leaning forward above the waist, but again, it's not too big a mistake. Sonic looks great, with just maybe his snout/nose slightly more pushed in than normal, and some things about his shoes looking off. All in all, an admirable package!

    Nice work, and keep it up!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  8. #58
    Let's finish this! Right here, right now!
    Join Date
    Sunday, Dec 8 2013
    Location
    Some alien place called Earth
    Posts
    38

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I agree. A very nice collection of Miiverse drawings.

    How I would love to draw like that. All I can draw is a cute little pink puff that goes by the name of Kirby. XD
    Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 3866-8947-0611
    3DS Friend Code: 1590-4724-7065


  9. #59
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme View Post
    Hey, that batch of Sonic pictures is looking good. You're managing the Miiverse medium quite well, I think.

    I'm impressed with the Knuckles and Amy pictures myself, and I'm glad to hear you feel good about them-- it's nice to hear some confidence from you, I certainly think it's merited here.

    The others are not bad by any stretch, though. Metal Sonic's left leg being obscured by his right foot looks a little strange, but certainly not impossible-- otherwise they look quite good. I think the issue with Tails might partially have to do with his pose, which is slightly awkward, with him leaning forward above the waist, but again, it's not too big a mistake. Sonic looks great, with just maybe his snout/nose slightly more pushed in than normal, and some things about his shoes looking off. All in all, an admirable package!

    Nice work, and keep it up!
    Thanks man! I kind of take creative liberties with poses to make it easier on myself (considering I never take breaks when drawing on Miiverse), so that's why Metal Sonic's foot is like that. Plus... those robot parts... omg. I've never really drawn robots before, so he was pretty difficult.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX20100 View Post
    I agree. A very nice collection of Miiverse drawings.

    How I would love to draw like that. All I can draw is a cute little pink puff that goes by the name of Kirby. XD
    Ironically, Kirby is difficult for me to draw unless I have a reference. XD Thanks!

  10. #60
    you fresh, goby Lizardly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Thursday, Nov 29 2012
    Posts
    114

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Man, you draw Sonic characters so well. I always have a really hard time drawing them. Tails is the only one I can draw.

  11. #61
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardly View Post
    Man, you draw Sonic characters so well. I always have a really hard time drawing them. Tails is the only one I can draw.
    Thanks Lizardly! :D Sonic has always been easy for me to draw, whilst everything else, I had to practice a lot.

    So, I was messing around with stamps in the Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U...









    TIME WELL SPENT.

  12. #62
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Double post, sorry, but OMG I GOT COLORS! 3D.



    Personally, I think it looks better smaller, but whatever.

  13. #63
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    MOAR drawings.









    Weeeeeeeeeeee.

  14. #64
    Responsible for Wario's Future Execution LeftyGreenMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, May 28 2012
    Location
    Wherever your imagination wants it to be.
    Posts
    499

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Don't know why you would self-denigrate yourself, itsameluigi1290. These aren't half-bad.
    Is corn grass? Can you make fancy headdresses with it?

  15. #65
    Runnin' on Empty Farbeitfromme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, Apr 2 2012
    Posts
    257

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Hey, take a look at those full color drawings! That picture of Shadow is especially good, if I may say so-- great work on the shading, highlights and line work. Sonic looks pretty good with that pose, although a bit flat looking. Perhaps more shaded are could help?

    The additional Miiverse drawings look great, and define the characters well. I like how the robot character turned out-- he looks appropriately blocky and computer-like.

    Nice work!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

  16. #66
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Thanks Lefty and Farbeit! :D

    SM3DW has all these stamps. So, I decided to edit some!













    (That's a fan fave for some reason. XD)






  17. #67
    Responsible for Wario's Future Execution LeftyGreenMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, May 28 2012
    Location
    Wherever your imagination wants it to be.
    Posts
    499

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Nice ways to use these stamps.

    The fan fav probably has sexual undertones, but maybe that's just me.
    Is corn grass? Can you make fancy headdresses with it?

  18. #68
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGreenMario View Post
    Nice ways to use these stamps.

    The fan fav probably has sexual undertones, but maybe that's just me.
    It's always the fanservice... XD





    L looks crappy, but Tai's alright.

  19. #69
    Waluigi Thyme Hi I'm Daisy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Saturday, Dec 17 2011
    Location
    Sarasaland!
    Posts
    354

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    I'm seriously blown away every time you post Miiverse stuff! You take so much time to create detailed work on such a limited (and unpredictable! I'm with you on the need to move that clear all button!) site! I can't really say anything anyone else hasn't said, but I can definitely tell that you've improved from the time you've started this thread until now, and I personally think you're very good at your Sonic drawings especially! That Shadow is really good, and I love how you did the background. It really worked with the piece!

    I can't wait to see more of your work! (And holy smokes I still need to read your Miiverse comic...)
    Spoiler: Extended Sig! 

    You don't like it?

    Check out Cocoon Academy Voiced and follow us on our project of voicing BitF's longest comic!
    And visit my Art Thread, Daisy's Doodle Garden!

  20. #70
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi I'm Daisy! View Post
    I'm seriously blown away every time you post Miiverse stuff! You take so much time to create detailed work on such a limited (and unpredictable! I'm with you on the need to move that clear all button!) site! I can't really say anything anyone else hasn't said, but I can definitely tell that you've improved from the time you've started this thread until now, and I personally think you're very good at your Sonic drawings especially! That Shadow is really good, and I love how you did the background. It really worked with the piece!

    I can't wait to see more of your work! (And holy smokes I still need to read your Miiverse comic...)

    Thanks Daisy! I actually kinda went willy-nilly with Shadow's background. XD

    Two new Miiverse drawings.





    Shadow looks good IMO. I think Rouge is a tad out of proportion though. And dang, still gotta draw my REBOOT contest entry. Eesh.

  21. #71
    Hoarder of Memories Kapus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Saturday, Mar 13 2010
    Location
    In the clouds
    Posts
    558

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290 View Post
    I love this. Just coming here to say that.
    ~Graphically Minded~

  22. #72
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kapus View Post
    I love this. Just coming here to say that.
    Thanks Kapus! :D That's one of my faves too, though it wasn't as popular as my other ones. I have a few more, as well.











    ^ Again, a fan fave. It actually managed to rack up 220 yeahs. Also, some quick sketchy things I did. Since they're sketches, they're not as good as the other drawings I've done.















    (some Pokémon redesigns for my upcoming fan comic, if you were wondering about why Rowan and Shauna looked so different. Like my other story, however, some people are out of character, and therefore I will not post it here)









    UGGGGGGH HIS EYYYYYES AND HEEEEAAAAADDD

    Also, I think I criticize myself a lot just so it doesn't hurt me as much when people have un-constructive criticism. That never happens here, of course, but on some other sites.

    Anyway, in February, I will have been drawing (like, for real) for a whole year. PHWEEEEEEEEEEEE.

  23. #73
    Responsible for Wario's Future Execution LeftyGreenMario's Avatar
    Join Date
    Monday, May 28 2012
    Location
    Wherever your imagination wants it to be.
    Posts
    499

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    The Wii Fit one is hilarious, lol.
    Is corn grass? Can you make fancy headdresses with it?

  24. #74
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGreenMario View Post
    The Wii Fit one is hilarious, lol.
    Thanks Righty Lefty!

    MOAR sketchessssss















    RIDLEY'S TOO BIG for the canvas on Miiverse. Otherwise he's fine. XD I like how NiGHTS and Primal Dialga turned out, though.

  25. #75
    I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sunday, Mar 4 2012
    Location
    Nothing's Call
    Posts
    3,088

    Re: My extremely mediocre "art" thread

    EVEN MOAR Miiverse drawings.













    I like how the Dunmer came out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •