Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EarthBound thread

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Re: EarthBound thread

Quote Originally Posted by Darky View Post
    I've been playing earthbound, but not recently. I'm currently in the maze with the mighty moles or whatever they're called, I believe. Unfortunately I've been distracted by other games like Minecraft and TF2 in recent times, so I haven't progressed further. I really need to get going.
    *pic*
    There's a very obvious theme here.
    Could it be Top Gear? Paula as James May is just... dude, I don't know what to say. On one hand, it's hilarious, on the other hand, it's scary.

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

Ahhhh I love Mother 3 music. Why did they remove Mother3i from iTunes.
    I love Welcome to MOTHER 3 World so much. Sooooo muuuuch.

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9iygas View Post
    Could it be Top Gear? Paula as James May is just... dude, I don't know what to say. On one hand, it's hilarious, on the other hand, it's scary.
    In hindsight I could've made him Jeff because he's clever, but I felt this was the better choice. His hair is too luxurious to be assigned to a different character.

I hope it's okay to bump this topic, but reading that the Mother 3 music is great has me thinking about people who didn't like the soundtrack, or thinks it's overrated, mostly because most of it is just remixes.

Well you know what, even remixes requires SOME musical talent and composition. Besides, it's not the music itself but how it's used, and while Mother 3 certainly has it's catchy beats that can be easily played out of context, much of the strength of the soundtrack comes from using particular pieces at certain times to create certain moods, which helps with the emotional factor of this game.

See, this is why video game music doesn't get as much respect, because I think most people go about it the wrong way. This is also why Mother 3 is one of the best games ever made. :P

Falcon... LUNCH! cocoonMeta_Knight's Avatar

Bump!

So I finished Mother 3. Here's my review.
    Story: 10/10
    Gameplay: 10/10
    Graphics: 10/10
    Sound: 10/10

In my opinion, it's the best game ever made. My favorite, at least. :3
    Y'know how the catchphrase of the game is "no crying until the ending"? So I didn't cry until the ending, but when I did, I did a lot. Man, it was so emotional...
    Now I'm playing EarthBound, and I'm inside the Pink Cloud dungeon. Finally got all my party members. The first part of the game was hard because you only had one character (Ness), but it got easier. Can't wait 'till I finish.
    Then I'm going to go play Mother. XD

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

"No crying until the end" is a really fantastic theme for the game. (One of the many.)

Crying is symbolic of children, right? Lucas is thrust into so much responsibility at the appearence of Porky and the Pigmasks, fighting to save his entire world...
    He can't be a kid until the end.
    HAPPY HIBIKI'S BIRTHDAY DAY 2014
    LOVE YA'LL

"The secret to enjoying life is to hold onto the kid inside of you." Detective Ema Skye's Avatar

Hype? Hype. HYPE!

I've been wanting to get into this series for forever, but my lack of a SNES and EarthBound and the fact that it's not on VC have prevented me from doing so. (And before you suggest the Mother 3 patch, I don't emulate.) So if this is a remake, this is great for people like me who never got to play the originals! Of course, there's the issue of localization...
    There's no use worrying,

well, there are times like that, but tomorrow will be different!

Oh yes, my friend just showed me that a few minutes ago, I was very intrigued seeing it! Since it isn't 4, I wonder if it's a remake of one of the other 3? It's been a few years, but playing Mother 3 was astounding when its patch came out back when, and I'd love to revisit that or Earthbound in some form. Hopefully we see soon!

EDIT: I'd have to lean towards Skye's opinion and hope it's 3, since there's a huge faction of those who have never played it yet.
    They say you can't keep a good man down, but some prefer to take in the scenery while they're there.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Yeah, heard about it on Tumblr. I've started Earthbound at least twice now but never gotten beyond Twoson for various reasons, so a rerelease might be exactly what I need to actually get stuck into it for real this time. I'll definitely be following this.

So it looks like no one's mentioned Mother 4 here yet. So I might as well. Here's a link to their latest round up, showing off some of the game's music.
    The game looks good so far, and I can't wait until it's done!

PK FIRE PK FIRE PK FIRE PowerMiner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Ema Skye View Post
    Hype? Hype. HYPE!

I've been wanting to get into this series for forever, but my lack of a SNES and EarthBound and the fact that it's not on VC have prevented me from doing so. (And before you suggest the Mother 3 patch, I don't emulate.) So if this is a remake, this is great for people like me who never got to play the originals! Of course, there's the issue of localization...

WHOA THAT'S NEW TODAY

I've played Mother 2/Earthbound, but not a TON. (I have Jeff and beat Mr. Belch or whatever his name is)
    For some reason, emulators make games less interesting for me, I"m not sure why.

The best thing it could be is: THE EARTHBOUND/MOTHER COLLECTION. Like something containing all the games... I know it's kind of a stupid idea. :P
    Smash WiiU Challenges: 139/140 JUST 40 SOMETHING CUSTOM MOVES LEFT
    Smash 3DS Challenges: 133/135

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

It's been announced Japan will get Earthbound for virtual console in March of this year.

As for the rest of the world...

...I have a bad feeling that's it's gonna be edited, a lot. At least mostly if we ever want to see it be released in the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrakirby64 View Post
    ...I have a bad feeling that's it's gonna be edited, a lot. At least mostly if we ever want to see it be released in the rest of the world.
    That's why I'm on the hunt for the original cartridge.

Obviously something's BOUND to get edited (no pun intended) and I don't want to take part in it. On the plus side, it's about time Nintendo did something for the Mother series, even if its not a 4th installment.

Responding to a pretty old post, but whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ Ranulf View Post
    I also find fault in certain parts of the central story. Giygas felt random and almost pointless
    Probably because you never played the first game. Giygas was the main antagonist of the first Mother. His influence was the cause of all the weird stuff happening on Earth, his race is where psychic powers came from, etc.

Wheelie Rider

Honestly even if Itoi/Nintendo clean up the copyright issues in this Mother revival, NoA still might not even bring any Mother game state-side out of fear the resources for re-localization would be lost if the games don't do well.

It may take an ATLUS or XSEED to step up and volunteer to localize a Mother game because NoA is too scared to do it. They passed on the original Rainfall trilogy (GameStop and XSEED had to come to the rescue as NoA didn't want to eat the costs of localization should those games bomb in America).

Quote Originally Posted by Ngamer01 View Post
    Honestly even if Itoi/Nintendo clean up the copyright issues in this Mother revival, NoA still might not even bring any Mother game state-side out of fear the resources for re-localization would be lost if the games don't do well.

It may take an ATLUS or XSEED to step up and volunteer to localize a Mother game because NoA is too scared to do it. They passed on the original Rainfall trilogy (GameStop and XSEED had to come to the rescue as NoA didn't want to eat the costs of localization should those games bomb in America).
    NOA seriously seems not to like the Mother series. At least they made a complete English version of Mother 1, before abruptly canceling its release.

To translate Mother 3 was a huge , considering all the work developers had to go through with the game.

Considering that, like with the whole 2nd kirby 3D platformer constantly being moved to different consoles and being in development for 11 years before finally becoming KRtDL was similar to Mother 3 going from the SF to the 64 to the 64DD before finally being released on the GBA, only to have people not from Japan aching for its release in America have it never come, proves completely that NOA is either evil or lazy.

Compared with this I'm surprised they ever localized and shipped Earthbound.
    Last edited by Keeby; April 17th, 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Last edited by Yoshistar; April 17th, 2013 at 09:02 AM.

Twitch / YouTube / Livestream (old)
    Yoshistar Galaxy - Streaming good ol' Nintendo shenanigans for all to watch and enjoy!

I find it funny how it says "Finally" in big, bold letters. But yes, I'm excited for this even though I already own the Japanese version of the game. And thanks to the Wii U controller, it's even portable.

Psychiatrist to the Video Game Stars Guybrush20X6's Avatar

To be clear, this is the first time an Earthbound or Mother anything outside of Smash Bros has been released in Europe. Even if you've already got it buy this and maybe they'll think about Mother 3. Wonder if they'd rename it to Earthbound 2...

Thanks to LightSamus on ONM for the Sig.

Level 30 Psychiatry: The Comic that takes you into the Psyche of the Video Game stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush20X6 View Post
    To be clear, this is the first time an Earthbound or Mother anything outside of Smash Bros has been released in Europe. Even if you've already got it buy this and maybe they'll think about Mother 3. Wonder if they'd rename it to Earthbound 2...
    I'm from Europe myself so I know this and I never said I won't buy this, but not because of Mother 3, but because it's a great game. This may sound harsh, but I really don't care about Mother 3 and honestly, realistically speaking, I don't see this coming over anytime soon.

The hype caused by this announcement is scouterbreakingly high. I OFFICIALLY FORGIVE NINTENDO FOR EVERYTHING AS EARTHBOUND IS FINALLY COMING TO EUROPE!

A geology student on an adventure! OrangeOctopi's Avatar

I honestly thought it was a hoax at first, this surprised me so much. Now I need to start saving up for a WiiU.
    Hey everybody it's not Chuggaaconroy!

Quote of the now-> Tony Stark: That man is actually playing Galga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did. -The Avengers

Games I love: Poke'mon Crystal, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, BanjoKazooie, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Harvest Moon 64, Paper Mario... and the list goes on.
    All Super Smash Bros. games are kind of a given.

I'm a Mormon, I'm a Christian. Mormons are Christians. Please get your facts straight.

And FYI, I'm a girl. Just so ya know.

My deviantART
    My FanFiction
    Blog of Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshistar View Post
    I've been so used to disappointment from these guys when it comes to the EarthBound series, I almost didn't believe this at first.

So stoked for the VC addition. I have been very, very, very fond of the series despite not playing a full game of it and only knowing the basics through the internet and Smash. But I'm relieved to finally see this coming - hopefully soon. I'm looking forward to trying it out, since it is quite the popular franchise. Though, I'm pretty curious as to why it only took now for them to realize that this had to be done years ago - apparently, they found out through Miiverse, but not by any other means of social media. Unless, of course, I'm wrong.

Thread Information