Page 81 of 304 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 7589

Thread: SSB4 News Thread

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

Re: SSB4 News Thread

Man, I really can't believe Smash Bros. is already 15 years old. Makes me realize again how old I am.

I wouldn't really had expected anything super-fancy today though (but mostly because I was unaware of this particular date), but hey, another pic highlighting the unique playstyle of Rosalina isn't bad either, isn't it?
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Goodnight, sweet climbers... Forum Veteran Commodore Jim's Avatar

-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.
    Looks like they're trying to minimize stalling and planking.

Fascinating update.
    ~Graphically Minded~

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

I never expected Sakurai to revise edge guarding options. I wonder how this new tactic is performed? It looks useful but if its too hard to execute while playing, then it probably won't be used that much (like the Footstool Jump)

Administrator Forum Administrator TriforceBun's Avatar

I'm getting a bit sick of all the leaks and rumors…but this one looks pretty convincing, if you ask me.

I want to believe! I know people just looove making Smash Bros fakes, so I'm still taking this with a grain of salt. However, most other places agree that if it's fake, it's a very good one--that Palutena model is not from KIU or SSBB, and Mario's exact pose/image can't be found anywhere on the internet either.

Your thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mario Kart Wii number: 0088 - 3484 - 3729

Member and Part Time Sun God Helios's Avatar
    Colorado or Minnesota. Depends on the time of year

I'm holding out for Palutena or Medusa. Personally, I think Medusa would be a stronger addition, but hey, Palutena would be freakin' awesome too. Either way, we get some great female representation as well!!!

I'm thinking that these seem like reasonable leaks. I mean, in theory, if someone was really good they could produce something like this, so it could still be a leak. Also, I feel as though it depends most who the rumor is coming from. How did they supposedly acquire such a leak?

3DS Friend Code for convenience. Let me know if ya want to play something via PM!
    4167-4572-3873

I don't know.

Her model looks pretty much the same as KI:U just with some slight color changes

And that Mario model hasn't been shown in a Miiverse picture BUT it was seen in the developer direct. It's a pretty easy pose to screen capture. It'd be a lot of work but a lot of work makes fakes convincing.

Maybe I'm jsut super skeptical because I'd prefer Magnus but this feels kinds of off to me.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    I want to believe! I know people just looove making Smash Bros fakes, so I'm still taking this with a grain of salt. However, most other places agree that if it's fake, it's a very good one--that Palutena model is not from KIU or SSBB, and Mario's exact pose/image can't be found anywhere on the internet either.
    Have the models for Uprising been leaked out into the internet? It's very easy to import a model into a fake scene and try and pose it as real, even with minor alterations.

Especially going off of the image posted above with Snifit, the biggest alteration here is merely the cel shader which can be done with plenty of other graphics engines. That's what gives the characters in the 3DS version those outlines, incidentally.

As for Mario's pose? That's his idle animation, isn't it?

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

With Palutena, it's pretty hard to tell; the lighting/reflection looks significantly different, and her hair seems have a different effect on it too (looks less light and soft than KIU's model). That is Mario's idle animation, but the important thing is that exact pose is apparently not in any SSB4 media released already--no screens, no vids, not even footage from stuff like Sakurai's walkthrough of the game mechanics at E3.

I'm no expert though. However, this NeoGAF thread is a pretty good read, a lot of people have scoured different places to try to pinpoint where the images initially came from. Also worth noting is that the background image is also not directly pulled from any specific screen.

I'm not saying it's real, but if fake it's rather well-done and uses assets that are not easily found.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

She just looks kinda... off, I guess. Smash 4 has a somewhat cohesive look between all of the characters, they look like themselves but they also don't feel out of place with each other. This is kinda nebulous but that model of Palutena next to Mario just doesn't feel like it's from the same game. Zelda is one of the more detailed characters in the game and her standing next to Mario doesn't look quite as disparate as Palutena does. Maybe that's just me, though.

It's certainly a good fake but I don't think it's anything more. Still interesting to see, though.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Who's this guy? Oh yeah, you remember him now. Ceridran's Avatar

I want to see if we can compare it to Pit's 3DS model.

Still, unlikely that we can get anything out if it..
    Last edited by Ceridran; January 22nd, 2014 at 09:56 AM.

A little more fuel to the fire! Take a very close look at Palutena's trinkets on her belt-straps:

Notice a certain familiar Mario power-up?

Compare to Palutena's official Uprising art, which doesn't have it. And I don't think it's in her model in KIU.

So what's this mean? Well, if it's real, that falls in line with Sakurai's style of cheeky nods to Nintendo. If it's fake, it raises the question of why someone would go through the trouble of making such a tiny, nigh-imperceptible detail. So +1 for believability, at least!

The Doc of...not MUSH! (*boooooo*) Dr. Mushroom's Avatar
    A few hundred miles from Unova, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    She just looks kinda... off, I guess. Smash 4 has a somewhat cohesive look between all of the characters, they look like themselves but they also don't feel out of place with each other. This is kinda nebulous but that model of Palutena next to Mario just doesn't feel like it's from the same game. Zelda is one of the more detailed characters in the game and her standing next to Mario doesn't look quite as disparate as Palutena does. Maybe that's just me, though.

It's certainly a good fake but I don't think it's anything more. Still interesting to see, though.
    Really weak suggestion but maybe they hadn't worked out all the graphic details before putting her in to test her character?

EDIT - AHAHAHAHA! Reference. Forget what I said.
    Kindergarten.
    Want to see more cool drawings? Check out my flickr page!
    More importantly, here's my YouTube channel! Cool music videos!
    Also, Yes, I'm a Mormon!

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    A little more fuel to the fire! Take a very close look at Palutena's trinkets on her belt-straps:

Spoiler: big image 

Notice a certain familiar Mario power-up?

Compare to Palutena's official Uprising art, which doesn't have it. And I don't think it's in her model in KIU.

So what's this mean? Well, if it's real, that falls in line with Sakurai's style of cheeky nods to Nintendo. If it's fake, it raises the question of why someone would go through the trouble of making such a tiny, nigh-imperceptible detail. So +1 for believability, at least!
    ...OH, there's a Starman/Power Star there! Holy crap, this DOES add more believability!

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

I'm still skeptical but it's certainly got some interesting implications if true. That rumor that Dededeman posted would appear to be even more plausible than before with two of its predictions (playable Palutena, assist Ashley) being proven true relatively soon afterwards. I wouldn't mind if it did happen to be true, it's a rumor I'd really like to be proven wrong about... mainly playable characters, it has almost every one that I want (Ridley, Little Mac, K. Rool, Chrom coexisting with Ike, female Villager costume, Tingle or Ghirahim, Snake's return).

I love Palutena but she's not exactly the top of my preferred list of KI reps. I really would've liked Medusa or Hades instead. It'll be interesting to see what she does if the leak does end up being real.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

KIU had such a fun cast for me that I'd be happy with anyone from it, really. Although I have to admit that Palutena tops my list (although it's a close fight between her and the game's villain). I think regardless of this pair of screens being real, she has the best chance at making it due to her being the second-most important character in the series, and the only one besides Pit who appears in all three games. It doesn't hurt that the Japanese name for the Kid Icarus series is "Palutena's Mirror."

I know Sakurai's a Viridi fan though so I wouldn't put it past him for her to make a surprise appearance (maybe as Pit's new Final Smash…?).

Goodnight, sweet climbers... Forum Veteran Commodore Jim's Avatar

Somethin' about the face in these screenshots bugs me. Anyway, can't say I wouldn't be a -tad- disappointed if Palutena ended up bein' the Uprising rep (I was really pushin' for Medusa), but a decent choice nonetheless, I suppose.

Now sending file "tyranitar_sandstorm.bke" Bucken-Berry's Avatar
    Brawl: 2793-5866-7066
    White 2: 1464 4342 6887
    Diamond: 2364 6969 3752
    Black: 1893 1040 7122
    MKWii: 2965-8537-1459
    3DS: 0044-2803-6292
    Dream Suite (AC):5600-2360-9411 (updates everyday!)
    Be sure to check out: Rare Gamer Forums!

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

The nose is what throws me off.... which is weird, but it just seems a bit too big, but thats IMO
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

Something I noticed, the perspective on her halo seems a little off. At least it looks off if its supposed to be directly behind her.

Though if she does get confirmed as playable, she and Pit NEED to have some sort of special win dialogue a la Fox and company.

Quote Originally Posted by Snifit View Post
    Something I noticed, the perspective on her halo seems a little off. At least it looks off if its supposed to be directly behind her.

Though if she does get confirmed as playable, she and Pit NEED to have some sort of special win dialogue a la Fox and company.
    That's what I thought! I was even thinking they'd talk about their opponents a la Snake's Codec in Brawl. I was just imagining what their dialogue would be like when facing each other!

Incidentally, I was never big on the idea of Palutena being playable, since Palutena doesn't seem like the combative type, but after this, I'm kind of all for it.

Because I love you you crazy &&&&& Forum Veteran BrandonSP's Avatar

Is it just me, or is the supposed Palutena model a lot lower res than everything else we've seen? I mean just look at the right side of her face on that second pic. You can see pixel edges on her face. Nothing close to that pixel edge sharpness can be seen on any other model.
    Spoiler: Codes, Steam, and Internetometer 

Yeah, I could definitely see her being a playable character but I feel like she'd better suit the role of assist or stage character. She CAN fight, yes. However she's much more the powerful overlord type who watches the battles from a distance. Heck that's the whole reason she has Pit. I'm still thinking this isn't true and I will be disappointed if it is, only because I really wanted Magnus. Besides, we already have an ethereal goddess on the battlefield.

Freelance Policeman Max,Imean,Sam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snifit View Post
    Yeah, I could definitely see her being a playable character but I feel like she'd better suit the role of assist or stage character. She CAN fight, yes. However she's much more the powerful overlord type who watches the battles from a distance. Heck that's the whole reason she has Pit. I'm still thinking this isn't true and I will be disappointed if it is, only because I really wanted Magnus.
    I agree.
    As much as I like Uprising, Pit is the only playable representative the Kid Icarus series needs.(excluding magnus maybe.)

If this leek is legit I will try my best not to drown anyone in my tears. (considering that many people would actually be happy if she was included)
    Last edited by Max,Imean,Sam; January 22nd, 2014 at 08:45 PM.
    I won't be on the forums for awhile due to the supposed Smash Leaks spreading around lately. The Blood Moon CYOA will unfortunately remain untouched for a month or two. Bye everyone! See you after the release of Smash Brothers 4!

What's your favorite scary movie? Kiwi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonSP View Post
    Is it just me, or is the supposed Palutena model a lot lower res than everything else we've seen? I mean just look at the right side of her face on that second pic. You can see pixel edges on her face. Nothing close to that pixel edge sharpness can be seen on any other model.
    Not really, it's just we're getting a much closer look at Palutena in that pic than normal. Here, when I size up a pic of Pit to the same size:

Spoiler: Compare 

You can see the drop in quality, right?

Thread Information