Page 372 of 372 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372
Results 9,276 to 9,284 of 9284

Thread: Pokemon Discussion Thread

Disregard abnormality, acquire shellfish. dancnbna's Avatar

Re: Pokemon Discussion Thread

Double post, yes, but more news is here. Why am I still here posting this?

New Pokemon:
    * Type: Null's evolution has the English name Silvally. It looks like Type: Null, except now its helmet is gone, revealing a lupine head with a wing-shaped crest. The crest changes color depending on the special item it holds. Its ability is named RKS System. It has the signature move Multi-Attack, which matches Silvally's type.
    * Jangmo-o's evolutions have the English names Hakamo-o and Kommo-o. Looks like something from Monster Hunter. Has the signature move Clanging Scales, which seems to be Dragon-type.
    * Bounsweet's evolutions are Steenee and Tsareena. Tsareena has the ability Queenly Majesty instead of Oblivious, which seems to block priority attacks. Has the move Trop Kick. This family is probably female-exclusive. Tsareena's definitely gonna join the ranks of Gardevoir and Lopunny.
    * Cutiefly's evolution, seen in an earlier Japanese trailer, is Ribombee. Wears a scarf.
    * Alolan Muk joins its pre-evolution. It's a hideously colorful monstrosity covered in gravel spikes. Both members have Poison Touch and Gluttony.

More characters:
    * Olivia is the Rock-type not-Gym Leader of Akala Island.
    * Ilima is the Normal-type Trial Captain.

Other things:
    * Apparently, Parental Bond has been nerfed so the second hit is 25% damage.

5th generation metagame in a nutshell

Also, Steam.

The final starters are here! (Well, we've known for months now, they've just been officially revealed recently.)

* Rowlet's final evolution: Decidueye, the Grass/Ghost archer owl. Has the signature move Spirit Shackle, which prevents those it strikes from switching out.
    * Litten's final evolution: Incineroar, the Fire/Dark wrestler tiger. (The Fire/Fighting curse has been broken!) Has the signature move Darkest Lariat, which ignores Defense changes.
    * Poppilo's final evolution: Primarina, the Water/Fairy mermaid seal. (Still 87.5% male.) Has the signature move Sparkling Aria, which cures burns.

The other Island Guardians:
    * Tapu Lele: Psychic/Fairy, guardian of Akala Island. Looks like a damsel that floats around in an egg. Has the ability Psychic Surge, which sets the new Psychic Terrain effect when it enters battle. Psychic Terrain seems to prevent increased priority from working. (Man, priority is getting nerfed HARD this gen.)
    * Tapu Bulu: Grass/Fairy, guardian of Ula'ula Island. Looks like a cross between a bull, the black bird from Angry Birds, and a stag beetle. Has the ability Grassy Surge, which sets Grassy Terrain when it enters battle.
    * Tapu Fini: Water/Fairy, guardian of Poni Island. Looks like a mermaid contained in a swordfish-horned egg, or Alolan Cloyster. Has the ability Misty Surge, which sets Misty Terrain when it enters battle.
    * All of the Island Guardians have a unique Z-Move, Guardian of Alola, in which they summon giant humanoids, become the heads of said humanoids, and smash their enemy's face in.

Other new Pokemon:
    * Cosmog: Psychic-type nebula that resembles Lunala. Has Unaware. Might be a Moon-exclusive. (There was apparently a sun-like version of this Pokemon found in the demo leaks.)
    * Alolan Persian looks absolutely ridiculous with its big fat head. Has Fur Coat and Technician.

Other things:
    * Alolan Pokemon League takes place atop Mount Lanakila. Or something.
    * Battle Tree: Postgame battle facility where you can battle and team up with previous major trainers, like Wally, Cynthia... and RED AND BLUE. (Red remains silent, though he has a weird redesign.)

It's getting closer and closer to November 18, and the hype keeps building. (For all you three people who still view this thread.)

Also, Steam.

I'm wondering if the Pokemon League will be entirely post-game. The League is apparently not set up yet, so I'm wondering if helping it get set up is a sidequest.

Incineroar. From when we first learned about Litten I wanted to nickname this cat Calicoal. Still wanna do that.

Train On! The third live-action trailer for Pokemon Sun and Moon is out. While it continues and perhaps concludes the story of the Japanese boy and his Hawaiian friends, it also showcases some new if subtle details about the games.

• Caterpie is number 17 on the regional PokeDex. Ledyba is number 20. Looks like Grubbin is 27. Bonsly is 30, Happiny is 32, Munchlax 35, Slowpoke 37, Abra 42, Magnemite 47. Meanwhile, Vulpix is number 253. Whatever was at slots 40-41 and 45-46 I couldn't tell even with the video slowed down to 1/4 speed. Can somebody with better screen resolution take a look?
    • Charjabug evolves into Vikavolt at level 40. (that, or it was held back from evolving until level 40, which I rather doubt they'd do for a commercial). It might not be the early-game bug considering how late it evolves (that, or Grubbin and/or Charjabug have stuff to keep them relevant in the interim).
    • Exeggutor is shown using a Z-Move called Breakneck Blitz. I'm not sure if this is exclusive Z-Move or a generic type-based one (Normal-type?). It looks like Tackle or Take Down taken up to eleven.
    • Minior is also shown using an unnamed Z-Move which might probably be the Rock-type one. It involves dropping a mountain on the opponent.

Now, the continuation of that phylogeny project. I've got the birds and amphibians. I'm also gonna go back and add in Incineroar and Primarina to the mammals, because I think it's safe to assume the starters evolve purely by level-up.

Spoiler: (unranked): Avialae 

Spoiler: Class: Amphibia 

We're just a week out from the release of Sun/Moon. Amazing how time flies, isn't it?

November CoroCoro reveals:
    * An unnamed giant black crystalline monstrosity that is somehow related to the version mascots.
    * Two new version-exclusive Ultra Beasts. Sun exclusive looks like an orange-and-white origami samurai, while Moon-exclusive looks like a futuristic tower with two rocket-like arms arms tipped with eight glowy nozzle-fingers.
    * The starters have signature Z-moves.

Hope you're avoiding those spoilers.

11/14/2016 Edit:
    * Starters' Z-moves are Sinister Arrow Raid, Malicious Moonsault, and Oceanic Operetta.
    * Two Ultra Beasts not seen in CoroCoro. UB-03 Lightning looks like a bunch of cables, Christmas lights of doom, and a spikeball for a head. UB-05 Gluttony is a terrifying black-and-yellow scorpion-thing with a giant mouth, two pincer-mouths a la Hydreigon, a false head on top, and an anklyosaurus's tail.
    * New Alolan variants: Diglett and Dugtrio. Both are Ground/Steel, and Dugtrio's heads have surfer-dude hair. Their abilities are Sand Veil and Tangling Hair, which is basically Goodra's Gooey under a new name.
    * The black crystalline Pokemon has been revealed, but no details have been given.
    Last edited by dancnbna; November 14th, 2016 at 09:37 AM.

Also, Steam.

Today's the day. Go out there and enjoy Alola.

(Also, it seems some old, weaker Pokemon like Masquerain, Pelipper, and Beartic have received new abilities and stat gains.)

It's a shame this forum is dead enough that we won't see a level of discussion about the new games like previous gens. That's how life is, I suppose...

...Well? Have fun anyways. That concludes my coverage.

Also, Steam.

I want that forum to DIE. Just make that happen. Keeby's Avatar

Spoiler:  

Our everyday lives may, in fact, be a series of miracles. Forum Veteran AuraKnight's Avatar

Pellipper in particular looking fierce this gen. Weather setter with actual recovery and other utility? Time will tell if it's a fad or not but rain looks pretty solid this gen

Recapping Pokemon Direct June 2017:
    -Pokken Tournament DX for Nintendo Switch in September, port has the arcade characters (Scizor, Darkrai, Croagunk, Empoleon) as well as Decidueye as playable fighters
    -Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon have been announced for the 3DS in November, an 'alternate story' on Alola featuring Necrozma as the 'Kyurem' to the two box legendaries
    -Pokemon Gold and Silver are coming to the 3DS VC in September, no sign of Crystal yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

Thread Information