Page 635 of 646 FirstFirst ... 135535585625631632633634635636637638639645 ... LastLast
Results 15,851 to 15,875 of 16130

Thread: ~We Begin Anew, Like a Phoenix from the Ashes (A BitF Surprise!)~

Comin' at Ya! LuigiGodzillaGirl's Avatar

Re: ~Current Comic Discussion (599 - Meet Me at Final Destination [Part 5])~

Reading the latest comic had me on the verge of tears. Speaking as a fellow hand, the wording on the creative forces behind these characters' stories was beautiful. Though I spent my first two years of following the comic as a lurker, I am going to miss BitF. It got me to admire the complex relationship between Kirby and Dedede

Cute Little Poot

It ends with a brawl. Now when we play Smash 4, it will feel like we're picking up at the end of BitF.

I like how Matt-ster hand calls them a family, then Dededee suggests a brawl. Put them together and you get....

Brawl In The Family!

Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    I like how Matt-ster hand calls them a family, then Dededee suggests a brawl. Put them together and you get....

Brawl In The Family!
    Matt-ster Hand. Ohmygosh.
    I'm the author of a few sprite comics!

Link: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=115693

Link: http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=145802

Just click "Begin Reading" to, well... begin reading! :D

I also have an art gallery!

http://www.smackjeeves.com/comicprofile.php?id=143291

...Which is mirrored on my Tumblr blog: http://nashewsart.tumblr.com/

That was a beautiful ending to the story arc. Matt being Master/Crazy Hand, the mouseover text, one final song on Friday... it's perfect. I'm almost tearing up.

And yay, Shulk got into the comic at least once! Now I believe the only playable Smasher who HASN'T made an appearance is one of the *spoiler* characters, although they could have made it in with me forgetting.

EDIT: Whatever you do, do not listen to Smiles and Tears while reading this comic. You will cry.
    Last edited by mochlum; September 30th, 2014 at 02:39 PM.

MATT

YOU SNUCK ROY AND SHULK IN THERE

I'M SO HAPPY

(Also, I think I saw a Scyther in there?)

But man, the whole comic is getting me all emotional. You honestly could end it right here, but I'm still very glad we're getting one last musical comic this Friday.

And I'll follow exactly what the comic says and keep the spirit alive, through both the games I play and the fics I write about them.
    Last edited by Umbramatic; September 30th, 2014 at 02:41 PM.

Cute Little Poot

This is the most beautiful ending to a series I've ever seen, and there's still one more!

I don't typically post on forums, but I did want to hop in and say thank you for the wonderful comic all these years.

The last line in this comic? Absolutely killed me.
    How dare you, sir.

Well, this is the final comic. What an amazing soft-of-half-decade it has been.

The ending brought me closer to tears than anything else in a long time, and I know The Final Song will make me bawl like a baby.

Good luck with all your future endeavours. Saeve certando pugnandoque splendor crescit, Matthew and Chris.

(And I see what you did there with regards to Wii Fit Trainer being 400 pounds. Well played.)

my favorite part is where he pays homage to SSBB in two parts

"YOU ARE ALL POSERS!" I say to the models. They're very good at their jobs.

Reviewer, good guy, everyman Iamabrawler's Avatar

Great ending. But I must then ask, "wait! So that's why they kept transforming? Because all of their incarnations by other people, other groups, other artists, kept interfering???" Huh.

Didn't see that coming. After Part 1, my main idea was that the universe of Brawl was on its last legs, and the universe of Smash 4 was slowly taking over - and in fact, it was menacing to take over, and all the characters needed to wish the old world goodbye, and say hello to the new one... and cross to it, using the Final Destination platform to do so. After which all the smashers would realize that nothing had really changed - the Brawl universe was just recreated and updated as the Smash 4 universe. And so they resume their activities, and in other cases, their fighting.

In other words, it's all different but it's all the same.

I thought of that theory because of the Internet film To Boldly Flee, which ends with a space anomaly - a plot hole; no, really - engulfing Earth and then the entire universe, making no real changes aside from the fact that now they can blame every inconsistency about life on said plot hole, which had become their universe.
    There was also something about a guy becoming the universe or stuff, but for the sake of this theory, that's really not as important.
    You know stories don't work as well when they haven't been Planned All Along!

New review:
    War Games: The Dead Code (Part 1) (Part 2)

Thanks for helping the site reach 200,000 views!

That guy who's barely on Lenrap's Avatar

I was right about them transforming into creations by their different fans. Whoop de doo, I'm so cool! Also, don't get why you're thanking us. We should be thanking you. You've provided us with 6 1/2 years of content (If I read that right) and connected us as a community. Can't wait for comic 600!
    "If people weren't complete idiots, we wouldn't have a job" -A Firefighter

Hey Matt, I gotta ask, since there's really no better time to ask this...

Will we ever hear the instrumentals of every Brawl in the Family song? Including the upcoming one? 'Cause that'd be sweet.
    •No problem here.

Jeez, getting a little tearful, here... might as well share my two cents about this comic. See, I started following this comic when I was around 10, at least when Fusion Fall was still cool, if anyone remembers that game. See, I was a big fan of Nintendo at the time, and I still am, but I'm moving on to other things, like TF2 and Plants Vs. Zombies. But out of any of Nintendo's series, Kirby was my all-time favorite. I loved the anime, I have a Meta Knight plush, the works. And this comic was usually the very thing that perked me up all the time. The musical comics were my absolute favorite, with "Ode to Minions" being the one I remember the most. And since I do have a plumber's cap, I will hold it over my heart and say, "Thank you, Matthew Taranto, for putting sprinkles on my vegetables so they wouldn't taste as bad, because sprinkles." I would've contributed to the Kickstarter, but I had no funds... and let me just say, I will find those books, no matter what, and buy them. Because I love this comic that much. Once again, thank you for all the memories.

P.S. Did you get that smash demo code I sent you a few weeks ago, Matt? I was just curious.

.....THE FEELS....THEY BURN MY SOUL!!!!!

I loved this. I really felt like you weren't just cutting us off ans saying, "That's it!" Just reading this made me think back to all of your previous comics. Just they way everything is said, how the crew reacts... Its perfect.

In case I don't get to do this again... I would like to say thanks. I started reading this back in 2008, I even remember you posting comic 100! I'm sad that I only just discovered the forms. (Seriously, what took me so long?) I'm quite young so I would go as far as to say you are the person who got me into Nintendo. You showed my games that I hadn't known existed! (sorry Earthbound!) You always made me smile in times of joy and sorrow. You've inspired me in ways I can't explain...

This has convinced my to hurry and earn the money for your books so I can always cherish these memories. In conclusion, I would like to say... live long and prosper in your future life with your family Matthew...... And Thank you...

Ruler of the Moldy Cheese in your Fridge LogicalFallacy's Avatar

Can't believe I joined just because the comic was ending, but hopefully the forums will be active a few more months after the comic, so why not?
    I just have to say this was a really interesting final comic. Seeing Master Hand show up as a benevolent deity is a nice change of pace from all these jerk gods that show up so much in media.

Also, does anyone find it bittersweet comic #597 is the last point in time we'll most likely see Ice Climbers and Lucas riding in?

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

This is beautiful. I have nothing else to say.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Oh my god, the feels...

Also, yay! You drew Roy our boy!

Cute Little Poot

THE FEELS ;_; Joined since I was in 8th grade. Don't exactly remember what comic I started with, but I remember a friend showing this to me. It was great, and just... *sob* I can't. Too emotional.

Goodbye, have a good life, all of you. RavThunderbird's Avatar

I cant wait for Friday, the music will be great. To be honest, I hope it is more akin to prodigal robot, because in my opinion that was the comic with the most feels. Thank you for everything Matt.

The only question I have is... From friday, where do we go from there?

A guy who makes Gmod And SFM Posters ShinyMew112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redandgreen43 View Post
    The only question I have is... From friday, where do we go from there?
    Onwards and outwards my friend... And to tadpole treble. XD

Needs more Dalek...

I've been reading since early 2011. This was a good ending to Brawl in the Family, but the Waluigi ending would have been pure gold!

HIIIIII!

Been reading since the Yoga comic, and then I dedicated an afternoon to reading every comic ever. I'm so sad the comic is ending.
    $87 on the kickstarter FTW

Oh man, final comic.... It's just.... wow.... This comic is amazing, truly incredible! I love how you ended this off. Good luck to you Matt, in all that you do now and onward!

Also, completely 10 billion % agree with the panel with Ness.... XD

Here, have an adorable dancing Mawile!

Uh guys the final comic isn't out yet.
    Well here is my take on a custom Signature in relation to the new character reveals in Smash. Except Sheik, Sheik had to be cut so I wouldn't block anyone off while using this as a facebook cover.

Super Smash Bros 3DS Bracket http://challonge.com/COMEONSTEPITUP Tournament now over. Bracket still available for viewing.

Thread Information