Page 60 of 137 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 3415

Thread: Roll to Dodge - Smash Bros. Edition

Re: Roll to Dodge - Smash Bros. Edition

Here is update 34:

Update 34: "The Audience Reacts"

Piemaster:

Original HP: 1700
    Action: I slash at King Zant with Shar-Pie, because there is no way I am letting him get at my dead comrades!
    Roll: 17 (no minimum roll)
    Effect: There you go. You dealt 250 damage. You defeated King Zant. You received 5 Tokens of Success. You healed 300HP this turn.
    Current HP: 2000

Race/Character: Human (Expert Pokémon Trainer, -6 difficulty check in commanding Pokémon, +1 difficulty check for engineering)
    Equipment: Super Shar-Pie (summons fierce tornadoes (can also attack those in the void and in Twili Cardboard Boxes), allows you to reroll a bad roll once per turn (the highest of two rolls is used), and no difficulty check), Protector of Lords (decreases opponents’ roll by 30%, maximum HP is 2600, +200HP per turn) , Fairy-in-a-Bottle+ (heals 100HP per turn (you can use it to heal 500HP, but only once), Fairy-in-a-Bottle++ (heals 200HP per turn (you can use it to heal 1000HP, but only twice)), 5 Tokens of Success (all unsuccessful rolls that are 10 or under become 11)
    Positive Traits: None
    Negative Traits: None
    Environmental Effects: You are in the Twilight Realm (-100HP per turn)

King Zant:

Original HP: 1000
    Action: I'll, once again, raise an army from the dead. This time they'll be Ninjask and Shedinja.
    Roll: 13 (minimum roll: 16 – 5 = 11)
    Effect: There you go. Now you have Twili Ninjask and Twili Shedinja. However, Twili Ninjask and Twili Shedinja were defeated by Ho-Oh, which was summoned out of nowhere. Ho-Oh dealt 500 damage to you. Not only that, you lost 250HP from a wizard in the audience. However, the combination of Piemaster’s attack and Perish Song got the best of you.
    Current HP: 0

Meta-Mind:

Original HP: 2500
    Action: I steal my bottled fairies (plus anything else I can get) back from Piemaster.

And I do keep an eye out for attacks.
    Roll: 9 (minimum roll: 11)
    Effect: Sorry. Piemaster is being very defensive at the moment.
    Current HP: 2500

Race/Character: Human
    Equipment: True Master Sword (-8 difficulty check when using it, protects you from the Twilight Realm’s effects, no difficulty check and 1.5 times damage when used against Twili or undead), Genuine Earmuffs (immune to sound-based attacks), Fairy-in-a-Bottle++ (heals 200HP per turn (you can use it to heal 1000HP, but only twice)), Dungeon Map (-1 difficulty check for escaping the dungeon)
    Positive Traits: Your maximum HP is now 2500
    Environmental Effects: None

Notes:

The audience [Aeront] summons Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh rains Sacred Fire on King Zant and his army. Ho-Oh defeated Twili Ninjask and Twili Shedinja. Ho-Oh dealt 500 damage to King Zant.

The audience [RavThunderbird] attacks King Zant with wizard powers. It dealt 250 damage to King Zant.

The audience [zeldamaster2] uses Perish Song. It only worked on King Zant. Piemaster and Meta-Mind somehow dodged it, since they are further away.

One last thing: the audience's attacks never miss, but are adjusted to be reasonable.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

That felt good

One question: can the audience only attack, or could we, say, give a player a power up, or change the battlefield?
    Last edited by Aeront; April 15th, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

If there was a broom Pokemon, it'll become the best sweeper taiwanman0610's Avatar

I will Toxic (Pokemon Move) on Meta-Mind.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

Nooo, what have I done to deserve this? ;_;
    Dream Adress: 6800-2436-9701. Come and meet my demonic horse of demoness!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeront View Post
    That felt good

One question: can the audience only attack, or could we, say, give a player a power up, or change the battlefield?
    The audience can only attack, as well as change the battlefield, as long as the game is made to be done sooner. Giving the player a power-up may inadvertently lengthen the game.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

I block Taiwan's Poison with a Parry and Back Slice him. And then I use my skills to Helm Split Piemaster.

And if I can, I WILL STEAL!
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; April 16th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

In that case, let's send out a freak hailstorm!

Villager is going to be Top Tier Piemaster's Avatar

I slash at Meta-Mind with Shar-Pie in hand.
    Spoiler: Open me! :D 
    [/FONT]

Here is update 35:

Update 35: "The Finals"

Piemaster:
    Original HP: 2000
    Action: I slash at Meta-Mind with Shar-Pie in hand.

Roll: 15 (no difficulty check)
    Effect: There you go. You dealt 250 damage to Meta-Mind. Roll to dodge the hailstorm!
    Dodge roll: 2 (minimum roll: 11)
    Dodge effect: You lost 500HP (but you healed it back).
    Current HP: 2000

Race/Character: Human (Expert Pokémon Trainer, -6 difficulty check in commanding Pokémon, +1 difficulty check for engineering)
    Equipment: Super Shar-Pie (summons fierce tornadoes (can also attack those in the void and in Twili Cardboard Boxes), allows you to reroll a bad roll once per turn (the highest of two rolls is used), and no difficulty check), Protector of Lords (decreases opponents’ roll by 30%, maximum HP is 2600, +200HP per turn) , Fairy-in-a-Bottle+ (heals 100HP per turn (you can use it to heal 500HP, but only once), Fairy-in-a-Bottle++ (heals 200HP per turn (you can use it to heal 1000HP, but only twice)), 5 Tokens of Success (all unsuccessful rolls that are 10 or under become 11)

Meta-Mind:
    Original HP: 2500
    Action: I block Taiwan's Poison with a Parry and Back Slice him.

And if I can, I WILL STEAL!
    Roll: 5 (minimum roll: 14 – 8 = 6)
    Effect: The audience used Toxic on you. You cannot parry a cloud of toxic gases. Your Fairy-in-a-Bottle++ expired. Not only that, the audience cannot be harmed, since they want the round to finish sooner. Roll to dodge the hailstorm!
    Dodge roll: 17 (minimum roll: 11)
    Dodge effect: You dodged the hailstorm. You now have -3 difficulty check for dodging precipitation (only applicable in dodge rolls). However, you lost 250HP from Piemaster.
    Current HP: 2250

Equipment: True Master Sword (-8 difficulty check when using it, protects you from the Twilight Realm’s effects, no difficulty check and 1.5 times damage when used against Twili or undead), Genuine Earmuffs (immune to sound-based attacks), Dungeon Map (-1 difficulty check for escaping the dungeon)
    Positive Traits: Your maximum HP is now 2500; -3 difficulty check for dodging precipitation (only applicable in dodge rolls)

Changes to the Battlefield:

There is now a freak hailstorm. Each player must pass a dodge roll, with a difficulty check of 11. The hailstorm is in effect until the round is over.

Notes:

The audience [taiwanman0610] uses Toxic on Meta-Mind. Meta-Mind’s Fairy-in-a-Bottle++ expired.

The audience [Aeront] summoned a freak hailstorm. Each player must pass a dodge roll, with a difficulty check of 11.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

They survive, but for how long?

I will now bring back and upgrade an old favorite from the first round: the radioactive hotbed, now the Radioactive Wasteland! (hopefully does more than 100 damage per turn) The most evil and sure-fire way to end a battle: LOTS OF REPETITIVE DAMAGE!

Also, note that the hail from the hailstorm is made of NeverMeltIce, and therefore is not affected by the hazardous heat of the wasteland.
    DODGE THAT!
    Last edited by Aeront; April 16th, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

You know not what you fight until you have been in battle with it. zeldamaster2's Avatar

I launch a rock slide at the players, turning the field into a hazardous land full of STEALTH ROCK.

I hit Piemaster over the head and steal those faries back.

And anything else I can get too.

With my freakishly awesome wizard powers i will use Flare from final fantasy to hurt Meta-Mind.

(can I do stuff like mess with stuff? such as melt his sword? If I can I will melt Meat-Mind's sword.)

If there was a broom Pokemon, it'll become the best sweeper taiwanman0610's Avatar

I was hoping he would get poisoned from the Toxic but whatever.

I shall throw a banana peel onto the battlefield, in hopes that it would trip up the combatants' actions.

Quote Originally Posted by RavThunderbird View Post
    (can I do stuff like mess with stuff? such as melt his sword? If I can I will melt Meat-Mind's sword.)
    The Master Sword is unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by RavThunderbird View Post
    Yes, but not the Master Sword (or other very powerful weapons).
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

I slash at Meta-Mind with Shar-Pie
    [/FONT]

Here is update 36:

Update 36: "Radioactive Peels, Rockslides & Hail"

Piemaster:
    Original HP: 2000
    Action: I slash at Meta-Mind with Shar-Pie

Roll: 5 (no minimum roll)
    Effect: There you go. You dealt 100 damage to Meta-Mind. However, you lost 100HP from Meta-Mind. You healed 500HP this turn, but you lost 200HP from the radioactive battlefield this turn. Roll to dodge the hailstorm!
    Dodge roll: 2 (minimum roll: 11)
    Modified dodge roll: 7
    Dodge effect: You lost 100HP from the hailstorm.
    Current HP: 2100

Meta-Mind:
    Original HP: 2250
    Action: I hit Piemaster over the head and steal those faries back.

And anything else I can get too.
    Roll: 10 (minimum roll: 11 – 8 = 3)
    Effect: You dealt 100 damage to Piemaster and he dealt 100 damage to you. However, you were unable to retrieve any items. Roll to dodge the hailstorm!
    Dodge roll: 1 (minimum roll: 11 – 3 = 8)
    Dodge effect: CRITICAL FAILURE! The hailstorm dealt 750 damage to you. You are now vulnerable to hailstorms (+5 difficulty check for dodging hailstorms). You were also caught in the rockslide, dealing another 750 damage to you. You lose 200HP from the radiation this turn. The audience cast flare on you, causing you to lose 250HP.
    Current HP: 200

Equipment: True Master Sword (-8 difficulty check when using it, protects you from the Twilight Realm’s effects, no difficulty check and 1.5 times damage when used against Twili or undead), Genuine Earmuffs (immune to sound-based attacks), Dungeon Map (-1 difficulty check for escaping the dungeon)
    Positive Traits: Your maximum HP is now 2500
    Negative Traits: +5 difficulty check for dodging hailstorms

There is now a freak hailstorm. Each player must pass a dodge roll, with a difficulty check of 11. The hailstorm is in effect until the round is over. There are also stealth rockslides in the battlefield. If the player succeeds in dodging the hail, then they are subject to another dodge roll, this time to dodge the stealth rockslides. It also requires a minimum roll of 11. There are also flying banana peels in the battlefield. If the player succeeds in dodging the rockslide, then they are subject to another dodge roll, this time to dodge the banana peels. It also requires a minimum roll of 11.

Not only that, the battlefield consists of radioactive waste. It automatically deals 200 damage per turn (and the hailstones are made out of NeverMeltIce).

Notes:

The audience [Aeront] changed the battlefield to become a radioactive wasteland. Being in the radioactive wasteland causes the player to lose 200HP automatically per turn and the (and the hailstones are made out of NeverMeltIce).

The audience [zeldamaster2] introduced stealth rockslides into the battlefield. Each player must pass a dodge roll, with a difficulty check of 11. The stealth rock dodge roll only happens if the player succeeds in dodging the hail.

The audience [RavThunderbird] cast Flare on Meta-Mind. Meta-Mind lost 250HP.

The audience [taiwanman0610] summoned flying banana peels. Each player must pass a dodge roll, with a difficulty check of 11. The flying banana peel dodge roll only happens if the player succeeds in dodging the rockslide.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Eh, that should do with hazards. Now, I've been rooting for Meta-Mind since when Thunderbird was in, and I'm not gonna let him lose this easily!

I fire a Temporal Time Acceleration Ray at Piemaster, wearing out his equipment and healing items.

FIGHT ON META!

Now you've done it. ALL of you have done it.
    Except for maybe Aeront.

Fine. The battlefield is radioactive, but I can solve this.

My solution is to dowse for a Goddess Wall (if there isn't one nearby) and draw the Triforce to summon a fairy.

Then bottle it again.

I will (hopefully) finish off Meta-Mind with magical electric shocks.

(Wizard time.)

I use Rav's magical electric shocks to power up Shar-Pie and hit Meta-Mind even harder with it!
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Meta-Mind View Post
    Now you've done it. ALL of you have done it.
    Except for maybe Aeront.
    Hey, you had more hp at the time I used Toxic! And I was only expecting Mario-Kart-esque banana peels... (But I like the flying ones anyway)

Anyways, I summon a large rock, which sits in the middle of the battlefield doing nothing (at the moment. omg giving ideas to players)

Here is the final update:

Update 37: "Piemaster Wins!"

Piemaster:
    Original HP: 2100
    Action: I use Rav's magical electric shocks to power up Shar-Pie and hit Meta-Mind even harder with it!

Roll: Not necessary
    Effect: However, the audience fired a Temporal Acceleration Ray on you, destroying your Tokens of Success. That is nothing, because YOU WIN THE ROUND!
    Current HP: 2100

Equipment: Super Shar-Pie (summons fierce tornadoes (can also attack those in the void and in Twili Cardboard Boxes), allows you to reroll a bad roll once per turn (the highest of two rolls is used), and no difficulty check), Protector of Lords (decreases opponents’ roll by 30%, maximum HP is 2600, +200HP per turn) , Fairy-in-a-Bottle+ (heals 100HP per turn (you can use it to heal 500HP, but only once), Fairy-in-a-Bottle++ (heals 200HP per turn (you can use it to heal 1000HP, but only twice))

Meta-Mind:
    Original HP: 200
    Action: My solution is to dowse for a Goddess Wall (if there isn't one nearby) and draw the Triforce to summon a fairy.

Then bottle it again.
    Roll: 2 (minimum roll: 11 – 8 = 3)
    Effect: Too bad. Game Over. Return of Ganon.
    Current HP: 0

There is now a freak hailstorm. Each player must pass a dodge roll, with a difficulty check of 11. The hailstorm is in effect until the round is over. There are also stealth rockslides in the battlefield. If the player succeeds in dodging the hail, then they are subject to another dodge roll, this time to dodge the stealth rockslides. It also requires a minimum roll of 11. There are also flying banana peels in the battlefield. If the player succeeds in dodging the rockslide, then they are subject to another dodge roll, this time to dodge the banana peels. It also requires a minimum roll of 11.

Not only that, the battlefield consists of radioactive waste. It automatically deals 200 damage per turn (and the hailstones are made out of NeverMeltIce).

Notes:

The audience [Aeront] fires a Temporal Acceleration Ray at Piemaster. It destroyed his Tokens of Success.

Anyways, the audience [RavThunderbird], coupled with Piemaster’s attack and Meta-Mind's bad roll, defeated Meta-Mind.

Please sign up for Round 6. I will accept 12 people who signs up. After 12 people sign up, we will vote for free-for-all, two teams of six, three teams of four, four teams of three, or six teams of two.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Signing Up~~

Thread Information