Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Skiploom Adventures! (Skiploom adventures to your house!)

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Re: Skiploom Adventures! (Update: 4/24 CELEBRATING ONE YEAR OF SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES! o

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    I was planning on having them come back at some point in the next chapter. To me, the most irritating thing in a story is when you have potentially interesting characters who are totally forgotten about and thrown away when there's more that can be done with them. I don't like plot elements that are totally abandoned and never addressed again, I think if you're going to introduce something that it has to lead to a conclusion of sorts, an unfinished diversion is confusing and unnecessary (though there are exceptions to this, too many is a bad thing imo). Remember, the biggest story element thus far (save for Skiploom and Swadloon going on an adventure that leads to all sorts of crazy antics) is the whole warring mafia groups situation; it led to Skiploom and Swadloon going on the adventure in the first place, their adventure sparked Slakoth and Slowpoke's adventure, and right now Skip/Swad are still dealing with the fallout of Skiploom's night of caffeinated binge drinking (note the pantsless Scraggy being a part of the Scraggy thieves). While the next part of Skip/Swad's adventure is going to be a bit of a diversion and the primary focus of the chapter, there will still be some other storylines thrown in ala the No Motivation Team's adventure.
    To be fair, you've already done a fair bit of foreshadowing with the Scraggies, shortly after crashing the Honchkrow/Mandibuzz meeting - the pair of pants on Skiploom definitely made a difference later when one of the scraggies that we see had lacked pants. I know you've addressed this, but I'm saying I caught that and I'm waiting to see how much more you can reference more of the older mafia as they plot to do nasty plotting things.

Oops.

I am wondering when exactly and how they'll show up(somehow, Doctor Claw from Inspector Gadget comes to mind), but I'll let you answer that on your own(or not answer that to build up more suspense).

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Re: Skiploom Adventures! (Update: 4/24 CELEBRATING ONE YEAR OF SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES! o

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    To be fair, you've already done a fair bit of foreshadowing with the Scraggies, shortly after crashing the Honchkrow/Mandibuzz meeting - the pair of pants on Skiploom definitely made a difference later when one of the scraggies that we see had lacked pants. I know you've addressed this, but I'm saying I caught that and I'm waiting to see how much more you can reference more of the older mafia as they plot to do nasty plotting things.

Oops.

I am wondering when exactly and how they'll show up(somehow, Doctor Claw from Inspector Gadget comes to mind), but I'll let you answer that on your own(or not answer that to build up more suspense).
    I want to say within the first three updates of the next chapter I'll be planting the seeds for their next role in the plot. This may change, but this upcoming chapter will definitely have Don Honchkrow returning at some point in some role (though where and with whom is another matter entirely).
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Achtung, baby! Today, we play it my way! Forum Veteran Ark's Avatar

Whoa, what? I can't believe that it's already been a year. Happy birthday, Skiploom Adventures!

Gonna celebrate by playing Eltro's fangame. Been a while since I pulled that one up.

Heh, I stumbled across this topic and just finished looking all the way through it. Very cute art and story! Some of the Pokemon are unfamiliar to me, but that kind of makes it all the more refreshing.

Congratulations on one year of updates, and I hope to see more soon!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    Whoa, what? I can't believe that it's already been a year. Happy birthday, Skiploom Adventures!

Gonna celebrate by playing Eltro's fangame. Been a while since I pulled that one up.
    Oops, I... forgot to put that here, didn't I?

Quick fangame I made for the space of both Kenz and Boalt's birthdays when they were happening. I should've replied here with that, but somehow that slipped my mind. You'll need the Unity Game Engine for it, though. It also lacks most of the characters from the plot, but I think it's appropriate for the silly nature of this story and for getting something out there that meant something.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to Doctor Claw Honchkrow's triumphant return to villainy

Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Lost in Procrastination Ame-Nami's Avatar

Congratulation on one year of adventuring!

I don't think I've ever actually commented on this thread due to my awkward lurkyness, but I've enjoyed all the updates you two have posted for the past year.

The illustrations definitely add to the story's appeal, and the improvement in art is very evident. So great job with the drawing Kenz, and I look forward to what you're going to be able to do as you keep getting better.

I'm also quite interested in how you two are going to incorporate Honchkrow and the mafia group into the story again, even moreso how they'll interact with the Scraggys if they meet.
    So,anyway, Happy Birthday to Skiploom Adventures and keep it up!

~Check out my art thread HERE! Or my CYOA HERE!~

Let's try this again, shall we? Koj09's Avatar

Imagine I'm holding a "Happy Anniversary" cake here.

Because getting cake through the Internet is tough. Trust me, I tried it once, then I needed a new computer.

But seriously- happy birthday, Skiploom Adventures! I agree with Ark; it sure doesn't feel like a year has passed.
    Sig by Impromptu~!

Spoiler: Spoilerbox. Big surprise. 

Forum Moderator

Just to let everyone know, we're not dead. Kenz just has finals and stuff that she has to deal with, we're thinking we'll have the next update up around Thursday or so. Might take a bit longer but essentially this upcoming weekend.

Skiplooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

Forum Moderator

Re: Skiploom Adventures! (Update within two days, so here's a special teaser picture)

Hey guys, the art is coming along nicely (Kenz has been working all day) and I think you'll all enjoy this part. I think the next chapter is going to be really good too, this is where we're going to really get into some interesting and varied stories. Tour Guides, Poker Nights, Buses, Hippies... we've got a lot of stuff coming up.

Here's a teaser image for the update (which should be either the 27th or 28th):
    Spoiler: IT'S A SECRET 

Also with us on summer break and with a much clearer goal of what we want to do (basically more motivation because we've got some really good story ideas coming up) I think we'll finally be able to get a more consistent update schedule. This summer should be a good one for Skiploom and company!

Evidence is everything in court, Mr. Wright. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

Re: Skiploom Adventures! (Update within two days, so here's a special teaser picture)

Well, it is as they say... no one floats like Gasploom!

Looking forward to the update, guys!

And then I imagined Swadloon as Gaston's sidekick.

Looking forward to the update as usual.

Forum Moderator

Re: Skiploom Adventures! (Update 5/31 Photosynthetic Finish - END OF CHAPTER 2!)

Skiploom and company began to collect a few strewn about items the Scraggys dropped in their mad dash downhill. Gathering everything they saw, they began to chase after the thieves. Skiploom, obviously the fastest of the group by far, left the stuff he collected with Swadloon, and flew off towards the Scraggys, catching up quite fast. Out of desperation, one Scraggy grabbed something from Skiploom’s backpack and threw it at Skiploom!

Skiploom was hit in the face by the object and was momentarily unable to see as it covered up his face. Hmm… this looked familiar… Skiploom began to realize that they threw one of his Tropius Comic Books at him! Overjoyed that it wasn’t harmed by the Scraggy, Skiploom began to look through the panels… Tropius would just have to know what to do in this situation!

Focusing as hard as he could, Skiploom looked up at the sun and let himself be swept up in its rays. The sunlight felt awesome, better than it usually did. The Scraggy were getting away, heading towards a small hill and a cave! Swadloon, Joltik, and Spinarak caught up to Skiploom, staring at him bewilderedly… why was he letting the thieves get away with his stuff? Just as Swadloon was about to try to get Skiploom’s attention, Skiploom leapt forward into a combat position! It was time for…

SOLAR BEAM!

The beam of concentrated energy blasted forwards at the speed of light, sweeping through the Scraggy gang. The sheer force of the beam forced them to drop everything they were holding, and they were hurled through the air directly towards the hill! The Scraggy slammed into the hill, but their crash was much more… cushioned… than they had anticipated. Only a little dazed, they began to get to their feet, only to see a shadow suddenly rising over them.

Once again rudely awoken from his slumber, Snorlax had had enough of these antics. Furious, he began to lumber towards the Scraggys! The Scraggys slowly began to register just what they were in store for; terrified, they bolted off into the woods, with Snorlax rolling out in hot pursuit!

Skiploom and company were stunned by what had just transpired. Swadloon and the spiders stared at Skiploom, mouth agape. Skiploom started to realize what he had just done… Tropius was right again! Tropius always knew the right solution! Overjoyed, Skiploom started to dance around excitedly, celebrating his achievement! Still amazed by what they had just seen, Swadloon and the spiders slowly began to gather the stuff that the Scraggys dropped when they were launched towards Snorlax.

After all the stuff was collected, Skiploom and Swadloon double checked to make sure nothing was missing. When everything was found to be there, they decided that they wanted to adventure into the cave up ahead; it looked as if something had recently crashed into the side of the wall to open up this entrance. Spinarak and Joltik had other places to go, so they said goodbye (Skiploom sighed out of relief) and went on their way back towards the trail they were walking along before they met with Skiploom and Swadloon the night before. Skiploom and Swadloon entered the cave… New adventures await!

Re: Skiploom Adventures! (Update 5/31 Photosynthetic Finish - END OF CHAPTER 2!)

Tropius always knows what to do!

This update was jam-packed and worthy of being a chapter finale. I can't stop looking at Skiploom's face in the Solar Beam panel and hopefully Swadloon will get to show us what he's made of eventually.

Keep up the great work you two. I can't wait to see what happens next.

year of the salmon Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

There was a lot to love about this update. The Tropius comic, the hilarious Solar Beam panel... and in particular, Snorlax's return was just glorious.

Really looking forward to next chapter, yes.

be my mirror, my sword and shield

Evidence is everything in court, Mr. Wright. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

I like the panel in which Skiploom is charging the Solar Beam. Pretty smooth animation there~
    meanwhile, I'm the only one visibly upset about the Scraggy band ; - ;

But yes, on to the caves! Better have some repels handy for the Zubat swarms and whatnot.

Wait a minute! Skiploom's line of evolution cannot learn Solarbeam at all! How did Skiploom get that TM?

Forum Moderator

I take it someone missed the part where Skiploom learned it through imitating his hero Tropius. I think it stands to reason that if they're capable of learning a move they can learn it through adaptation or imitation.

Floor ice-cream gives you health! Megaron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lugiae View Post
    Wait a minute! Skiploom's line of evolution cannot learn Solarbeam at all! How did Skiploom get that TM?
    Explanation 1: TMs are simply one way to learn a move; as you know, move tutors also have that quality. Therefore, one can only assume the comic book has such properties.
    Explanation 2: Skiploom is the chosen one and thus has every move ever, he just doesn't realize it.
    Explanation 3: Screw canon, we're going crazy.

"Remember, you have a lion's heart.." ~ Leomon
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Megaron View Post
    Explanation 2: Skiploom is the chosen one and thus has every move ever, he just doesn't realize it.
    Skiploom is Mew. He probably just used transform at some point and then forgot how to untransform.

I see the suggestion for the Solarbeam was acceptable and exceptionally done.

So will the end of this chapter feature the return of Team NO MOTIVATION and our sly wily dastardly villains, the Honchkrow and Mandibuzz? I'd assume the Scraggy gang were like hired goons of the Honchkrow and that means failure on their part(to do what exactly I wonder) means that Honchkrow will soon step in to do his own dirty work, rather than his own minions

OH IT'S ON

Forum Moderator

Update coming soon, tomorrow at the latest (hopefully). We won't be seeing Skiploom just yet, however. In the planning stages of this part, we've actually thought of a new significant character who'll be joining our intrepid explorers! In all this chapter will have 4 different storylines to it; however, two of them are very related, one is only going to be a few parts, and the other will be very simple (serving as a bit of comedy relief). I think it's pretty obvious what two of the arcs are, and another one is probably obvious (but not as blatantly as the first two), but I think the fourth one (which is the one that's very related to another) is going to be something nobody predicts.

I'm saying that final bit to get people wondering about every single thing that ever shows up, asking IS THAT IT???? IS THIS THE THING???

Oh yes.Can't wait for the new update.I've been a fan of this CYOA for a while.

Forum Moderator

Re: Skiploom Adventures! (Update 6/16 Fistful of Chips)

There was a knock at the door. There was never a knock at the door unless there was or there was about to be trouble. Poker night was simply not interrupted, especially when the Don was the host; after all, the Families had to have some neutral ground somewhere. Nodding to Noctowl, Honchkrow glared at the door in contempt of whoever was behind it. This had better be good; he had to ensure the other Families were calmed in the wake of the Krow/Pants War. Only Scrafty himself had declined to show up, fairly typical of his ilk when they had royally screwed up.

Those are some spiffy looking mafiosos. :o

Don Krookodile looks like he's doing a good job upsetting the table, especially Shiftry and Gengar. I hope we get to see more of these Families, especially with how the Scrafty Family managed to antagonize our heroes for a bit.

Jake is clearly the best Alpha kid Jacio's Avatar

Wow, would you just look at that Shiftry bunch.
    A big bunch of Krookodiles if you ask me.
    I mean just look at the head Honchkrow of them all, he looks despicable.
    Must be pretty Bisharp if they got away with so much crime.
    Then I ran out of puns.

I have to say, I'm liking how the story's going so far. Can't wait to see how all the storylines go.

3DS Friend Code: 4527-7763-8009
    Your chumhandle is startlingAnnoyer, and you have a sssmall bit of trouble ssstopping thisss one sertain letter.

Thread Information