Thread: Complaining During Events

Photobucket Smooth Operator VIP Rebel Vanguard's Avatar

Complaining During Events

I didn't want to post this, but I honestly felt this was necessary.

Lately, whenever we do site events, I notice that there is always some user who decides that it's "cool" to rebel against the forum event taking place simply because they don't like it.

It's not really often that we do forum events, and we do them as a way to bring the forum together. These events take time and planning to make sure that they go exactly as planned, yes, the moderators and sometimes the veteran users help out with event planning. Do you really think it makes us feel good when someone tries to ruin the fun by coming in and posting "THIS EVENT SUCKS I'M GOING TO GO AGAINST IT BECAUSE IT'S STUPID AND NOBODY LIKES IT"?

The answer is no.

Quite frankly, we're fed up with this sort of behavior and we want it to stop. Now we're not saying that you have to like every forum event ever, or that we can please everyone. But if you don't like one of the forum events you have 2 options:

1. Ask a moderator if you can be excluded, and we can work something out.
    2. Ignore the event altogether.

Not hard, and not worth ruining the fun for everyone. Because if we see another event rebellion, we will take action next time. Possibly infraction wise or getting rid of your event privelages, depending on the severity of the situation.

And to those of you who get confronted when you're called out on doing something stupid, don't you DARE say "But it was just a joke LOL!" Because that's not going to get you out of any trouble. Just saying.

So I just wanted to let you all know that we're not going to tolerate this behavior anymore. And before you post, think about what's done to make the forum closer together.
    And what's this?
    Josh was here

Re: Complaining During Events

I still feel stupid for that picture....

Just do me a favor and give me 2 infration points... I think I deserve it.

Photobucket Smooth Operator VIP Rebel Vanguard's Avatar

Just don't do it again. Since this wasn't put when you decided to go against the event, I'm not going to infract.

Just consider it harsh warning.
    And what's this?
    Josh was here

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

For the record, we're ok with criticism.

We just don't like people trying to rebel against events.

Usually when we finish up an event, we'll ask for your opinions on it. If you hated an event, tell us about it there.

Speaking of which we should probably make a thread for the April Fools event.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Thread Information