Thread: Forums No Longer on the BitF Official Website

Forums No Longer on the BitF Official Website

Well, the website no longer advertises the forums.

Is this the end? Are the BitForums going to finally die?
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

Re: Forums No Longer on the BitF Official Website

The Maker has abandoned us! Its all over!

Welp. Guess now's as good a time to go on Webarchive and START SAVING PAGES LIKE CRAZAY

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).
    Spoiler: a few Miiverse drawings. :) 
    "I'm going to be disgustingly famous one day. You've been warned."
    ~Klonoa, Tomodachi Life

I created a CYOA and all I got was this lousy link.

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

Here is the official successor website (run by Matthew "TriforceBun" Taranto's brother): http://bitfinitygames.com/forum/
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

yeah but that doesnt have all the sections this board has

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

To be frank this place died a long time ago.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

I kinda thought that the podcast might help, but I suppose the Youtube comment section is all that's needed for discussing the podcast.
    Well, at least the forums were not shut down. XD
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Twilight. Well, not really. Just looks a whole lot like it.

Meh, &&&& this place anyway. Ciao.

So long, and thanks for all the fish Deucey Dee's Avatar

I mean, they just redesigned AND repurposed the site. If they had a direct link to the forums, then we could share in whatever traffic the new site will likely attract. Although, I think I heard it said somewhere (and by heard, I obviously mean read) that no more new users are able to join? Well, if that isn't throwing in the towel...

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterM View Post
    Is this the end? Are the BitForums going to finally die?
    Quote Originally Posted by astroninja1 View Post
    The Maker has abandoned us! Its all over!

Quote Originally Posted by Superninfreak View Post
    To be frank this place died a long time ago.
    The forums will never truly die! Not while there are those who are still loyal to it![/harrypotterknockoff]
    Last edited by Deucey Dee; May 21st, 2016 at 03:18 PM.

This is now my favorite scene and image from Archer.

Lima, Perú, South America, Earth, Solar System, Milky way Galaxy, Universe

Gentlemen, it has been a privilege playing with you tonight.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

There's a link to the Smash Up thread on the community page, so this forum isn't entirely erased from the main site. But yeah - the forum has been pretty much entirely abandoned for a long time guys, this shouldn't be a surprise. While to some degree it's still surprising to me that they opted to create a brand new forum rather than just repurposing this one (moving to a new forum that was quickly demonstrated to not be maintained at all with how immediately and entirely it got trolled/spammed), that's ancient history at this point. That's mainly surprising because it was basically cutting loose a fairly large/active community and starting fresh (and that's basically irreparable damage, people don't like moving and many people went a step further and left this forum when the writing was on the wall), but at the same time it's a smart move because pretty much the entire staff had moved on at that point and they'd need to restructure the boards a lot to keep them working... which could potentially be a bit too much work with a new moderation team trying to retrofit itself into an old one's structure without any of the old guard there to wean the new guys in. Although on that note, I'm surprised they never did try finding mods for the new boards, or that they even bothered to make the BitFinity forum in the first place. Social Media feels like it's enough in this day and age.

From my perspective, I'm glad they didn't just assume that the "current" (if we can be called that still) mod team was just gonna become the new mod team for a rebranded version of this forum, because I know that I certainly couldn't continue to do this job for free anymore. Too old and too little time for that now, I'd need compensation at this stage of my life. Gotta put food on the table. But then, that's sort of what happened with a lot of this site's base in general - we've grown past the community and moved on. In part that's because it was summarily abandoned, and why would you try to live on an island that's soon going to be swallowed up by the sea? It's a fool's errand to try to cultivate a community that's on critical life support, particularly when that life support is pretty much being provided by some black market scam artist in a filthy alleyway rather than a reputable doctor. That's effectively what happened - this forum was cut loose by TB/58 years ago, it's existed because they never saw fit to delete it or close it down. That's a big part of why it's still here yet basically dead. I wonder in part if that's because maybe it still gets them decent ad revenue from the hangers-on? Pretty much the only conceivable reason I can see at this point.

The short of it is - this place is a graveyard. Seriously, consider moving on already, it's only gonna get deader as time rolls on.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    The short of it is - this place is a graveyard. Seriously, consider moving on already, it's only gonna get deader as time rolls on.
    I... I honestly agree. It's been 2 years since the comic ended, and I think it would be best for all of us to perhaps move over to Smash Boards or something. At least, that's what I did. While I was only on here for a small while, I at least had an ok time here.

I don't know any of you too well, but I had good times with 'yall. Even if 14-year-old me was a huge prick.

I'm gonna be hanging around here a little while longer (perhaps a month or so), and then I'm gonna go back to SB.

Glad to have at least had a little fun with you guys.

But more importantly, the mouseover text has disappeared from the comics. It's all a ruse for us to buy the books, clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by PTpirahna View Post
    But more importantly, the mouseover text has disappeared from the comics. It's all a ruse for us to buy the books, clearly.
    I just noticed that! Not only is the classic BitF yellow background gone, all the comics that didn't have an alpha channel have white BGs and, of course, all of them are missing the mouseover text...

At least the random button is back though. Last time I checked the new site it wasn't there.

Honestly, I'm kind of wondering why they decided to redesign the site... I mean, don't they have the BitFinity site now? I wouldn't have minded maybe a new home page detailing some of Matthews current projects and stuff, but redesiging the entire website for an ended webcomic to make it the base of operations for mostly unrelated stuff just seems kind of... odd. Oh well, as long as the comics are still there (And the mouseover text restored! [Especially since the book is missing a few and tells you to check it out on the website!]) I guess I'm fine with it.
    "What is life anyway, when compared to the immortality of a high score?" - Soos, from Gravity Falls

I'm working on a Future Pinball game, called Joe's Ultimate Bus Ride! Check out my blog if you want to know more!

lol I didn't think people even still visited this place. I figured everyone had already moved on at least a year and a half ago.
    ~Graphically Minded~

I can't think of a description. Sven's Avatar

I've sort of lurked every couple months. It's given me hope to see people still occasionally post, but it's safe to assume this place will cease to be sometime soon.

This place helped shape teenaged me, which in turn has made me a better adult. I can't thank this place enough.
    "Nice meme!"

Thread Information