Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Smash Bros NX

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Re: Smash Bros NX

I do agree Beta and Delta sounds nice, though I admit I am not a huge fan of the battle field layout. XD

By the way, I finally started playing Xenoblade Chronicles, wow.
    That game has some the most amazing places I have seen in a long time. (and perfect music to complement it!)
    Not really spoilers since it all about the locations but...
    Seeing the vast expanse that is Gaur Plain after finishing the cave area was fantastic.
    Then there's Satorl Marsh, I first entered it during the day and thought it was okay, I normally not very into marshy areas, but at least the music was fine,
    but then it became night, the music changed as everything I knew about the marsh changed into something beautiful. Wow, just wow.
    Now I am currently at Eryth Sea, thought it looked very good, but the night sky when falling starts are falling is something else. ^-^
    Add all of that to the fact that this is all on a giant... wow. I can only imagine what an Xenoblade Chronicles game would look like in crisp HD... *puts Xenoblade Chronicles X on my games-to-get list*
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kirbinator View Post
    For the "Beta Mode" Skyworld, perhaps the clouds would be removed and the stone platforms be unbreakable?
    I think the clouds would stay because they're part of the stage (them simply being there isn't causing a problem), but yeah, the platforms would probably be unbreakable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post

I'd say the "Make Your Move" thread isn't any deader than, like, 90% of the forum as of now, so I'd say go revive it with your Paper Mario moveset.
    Okay, but I'm quoting you giving me permission. If I get in trouble for necroposting, it's on you.

I'd also like to see an Adventure Mode-like thing in the next game, and I think I already said that, but yeah, a stage editor for Solo Levels would be greatly appreciated.
    I think the Melee-style Adventure Mode was a good idea. Something unique for each character, generally. Like, Mario's Adventure Mode would have his standard enemies, but Luigi's might have more Boos floating around. With Bowser and Junior as bosses.

The Custom Stage thing should be a mix of the last two, if you ask me. Brawl had more unique parts, and 4 let you literally draw the stage. Why not mix 'em? I like the idea of more skins for the blocks too.

I'm all for Delta, though the Beta form sounds like it won't have much of an impact on some stages. It's still an idea I like, since it wouldn't hurt to give stages a more neutral feeling without turning everything into Final Destination or Battlefield.
    Yeah, some of them are basically Battlefield already, but with some gimmick. Midgar's Materia, or Dream Land (64)'s wind. I imagine those wouldn't have a Beta option since Delta is Beta for them. And Miiverse doesn't have any gimmick (none that affect gameplay, anyway), so Beta and Delta wouldn't be any different from Alpha either.

Planet Zebes without acid. Hyrule Castle without tornadoes. Sector Z without airstrikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    On unlocks:

I have an idea of how to unlock characters without going through the convoluted "reflect 10 projectiles" or "play two-buhmillion hours of multiplayer".

Each character gains Key Points by beating Classic, Adventure, or All-Star Mode, and spends them unlocking characters or stages relevant to their series.
    Meanwhile, characters get Battle Points for multiplayer, with points earned depending on how many human players are participating, the levels of CPUs, how many KOs you get, and more (oh so much more), and those are spent unlocking custom moves, Mii Fighter outfits, music tracks, and stages' Beta, Delta, and Omega modes.

I've got more detail if anyone wants to flame me out over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post
    Don't be shy, share your ideas with us! Those you already posted are quite interesting.
    Well alright...

Spoiler: ...but you should still hang on to that Fire Flower 

Ah. Good. I see you still have the Fire Flowers.

As a sidenote, I'm hoping that for the next one, they work on the characters FIRST. THEN the stages. THEN the single-player. THEN the music. THEN the decoration stuff like trophies and other modes and items and whatnot.

From what's been talked about in the last few posts, I do think it would be a good idea to have the ability to turn off crazy stage gimmicks and still be able to play on the original layout of the stage. Having a final destination version of each stage has never been that appealing to me. And I feel like the Smash team already made versions of these stages without gimmicks because you play on those kind of stages in classic mode, why not let us play on them in multiplayer too?

As for the inclusion of Elma in Smash I think it makes a lot of sense, and she would contrast nicely against Shulk who is strictly a sword user. Her final smash could even be a Skell!

Another thing I'd like to see in Smash is better costumes for all the characters, it is strange how some characters got a ton of costumes while others didn't get anything when they have a lot to draw from. For example Peach could have a proper Daisy costume where she would look like her and have her voice clips, we know this is possible because of Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings. Give Pac-man a bow, eyelashes, and heels and we have a Mrs. Pac-man costume. Almost everyone in the Sonic series has the same body type why don't we have costumes for Shadow, Knuckles, Amy, etc... Fox could easily have a James McCloud costume by throwing sunglasses on him. The possibilities are endless, I just hope they tap into those possibilities.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl Info
    Friend Code: 2707-4831-8290
    Nick Name: Alex
    3DS Friend Code
    4081-5728-7313

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Dog View Post
    From what's been talked about in the last few posts, I do think it would be a good idea to have the ability to turn off crazy stage gimmicks and still be able to play on the original layout of the stage. Having a final destination version of each stage has never been that appealing to me. And I feel like the Smash team already made versions of these stages without gimmicks because you play on those kind of stages in classic mode, why not let us play on them in multiplayer too?
    Because Playstation All-Stars did it, that's why. Not joking, that's his reason, whether he said that jokingly or not, I'll let you be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Dog View Post
    Another thing I'd like to see in Smash is better costumes for all the characters, it is strange how some characters got a ton of costumes while others didn't get anything when they have a lot to draw from.
    Costumes in Smash are weird, they always take two steps forward, one step back. Melee had a proper Daisy costume that also changed Peach's model, come Brawl and it's a simple texture swap. Or how Wario went from 16 costumes down to 8, despite Mac having 16 to choose from. It doesn't make sense, especially because Wario still has Classic and Biker suits, so those missing 8 costumes would be nothing but simple recolors to begin with. Not to mention how it took until Brawl to finally get Fire Mario... let alone making Falcon's default outfit blue and not purple. And yet, 4 games in and he still has no proper Blood Falcon costume.

Standing on the brink of insanity with one foot on a banana peel. TheMightyBox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taigiry View Post
    Because Playstation All-Stars did it, that's why. Not joking, that's his reason, whether he said that jokingly or not, I'll let you be the judge.
    I mean, it's a bit more than that.
    It is because PSASBR did it, but moreso because he respects the game and its attempts to do its own thing, so he didn't want to just rip off their ideas.

Also I've heard that Japanese players do prefer the Final Destination setup as opposed to the more platform heavy western Smash scene, tho I don't really follow the Japanese Smash scene so I couldn't say myself :0
    If I ever have some words of infinite wisdom, I'll be sure to tell you.

It's happenng! Forum Veteran Taigiry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyBox View Post
    I mean, it's a bit more than that.
    It is because PSASBR did it, but moreso because he respects the game and its attempts to do its own thing, so he didn't want to just rip off their ideas.
    Because it takes a genius to come up with a simple hazard toggle, especially because we already have an item switch since the very first game. I'll be frank, there's, at least to me, no good reason something simple as that can't be included, especially because it's wanted by many people who play Smash. I hope Sakurai was joking when he said he won't add that because of PSA, because if not, something like that is just near-sighted and shows another example of his stubbornness. I mean, where would we be if developers were afraid of "copying" (using the term loosely here) other games? Hell, sometimes the "clones" even surpass the original. Like, for example, I very much prefer Diddy Kong Racing or Crash Team Racing over Mario Kart 64. Sure, DDR did its own thing with the planes and hovercrafts, but CTR is pretty much a MK clone.

I'm not making it a secret that I'm not Sakurai's biggest fan. Don't get me wrong, I love the franchise (except Brawl), but some of his decisions are questionable at best, hypocritical at worst.

Finally got the Wii U version (well, my brother, but he lets us play it). Shulk is my new main, ZS Samus and Lucario are my backups, and I'm warming up to Corrin. Target Blast is a step down. Trying to unlock all the custom moves and CDs... It's entertaining, to say the least. Furthest I've gone in Classic is Lucario and Shulk at intensity 5.5 (need to do Wario for that too; I want that music track he's hiding).

Anyway, on the subject of stage hazards, I noticed that some stages have certain hazards disabled when you're in 8-player smash. Like, Mario Circuit (Brawl) doesn't have race kart drivers, Norfair doesn't have lava hazards, and Pyrosphere doesn't have Ridley. I guess we're already kinda seeing "Beta Mode", or at least the beta version of beta mode.

I had a thought. Attack effects that leave a temporary effect on the stage. Obviously if the Inklings get in, this would be kind of required, them having to leave paint everywhere. But I mean, some attacks could leave ice, making the floor slippery. Some could leave lava, leaving a not-KO-capable Danger Zone (like the small Danger Zones in Stage Builder). Maybe some could leave like a spike of rock or something. Temporary, of course, like no more than five seconds before it goes away. And F.L.U.D.D. could wash away the paint or cool the lava, and fire attacks could melt the ice.

Spoiler: Corollary to my Key Point idea, regarding DLC 

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

The idea for attacks affecting the stage sounds generally very interesting, though I think it would change the overall game a bit too much if (almost) everybody could do this. But I think it's an idea that could be implemented with a variety of items.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

Fire attacks causing the clouds to dissipate in Skyworld would cause much of the stage to vanish (good thing about the stone platforms, despite being breakable, as well as one unbreakable moving platform at the bottom)!

Speaking of which, there should be a character who can summon temporary cloud platforms (or even an item that creates a temporary cloud platform, consuming the item). The cloud platforms would last one minute and share the same properties as the clouds in Skyworld (ledgeless and can fall through downwards from meteor attacks).
    Last edited by The Kirbinator; May 22nd, 2016 at 03:48 PM.
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

So, uh, is this forum actually still alive or anything?

Because with all those rumors and information about the Nintendo Switch, I kinda need a place to talk about it all, and I'd be kinda bummed if the BitForum turns out to be gone for good.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Im sure some people will flock back to it once a new Smash bros game is talked about, or if we get a new webcomic that links to this.
    As it is though, the core reason people came here was because of those two subject matters and with the comic finished and no new Smash Bros news, it kinda killed the community.

Thread Information