Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In memory of Terra Taranto

Administrator Forum Administrator TriforceBun's Avatar

In memory of Terra Taranto

From today's update:

Monday, February 17 -- 10:00 AM

Terra was a beautiful Shetland Sheepdog that brought an incredible amount of joy into our lives. This weekend, her life was tragically cut short after wriggling out of her collar and getting hit by a car. I feel that I want the world to know how much our sweet puppy meant to us--she was a symbol of unconditional love, a boundless ball of energy that always was thrilled to meet people. We hope she's happier where she is now, and Sarah and I look forward to meeting her again one day.

I'm sorry, but BitF will be taking the week off and will resume next Tuesday. I don't feel very funny right now.

Incidentally, if any of you have ever had to cope with losing a pet and have any sort of advice or condolences for dealing with the immense heartbreak, we'd be very comforted to hear what you might want to say to us in this thread, or at staff (at) brawlinthefamily.com. We're comprising a scrapbook of Terra memories and are trying to cope. Thank you very much.

We love you, Terra. Try not to pester God too much without us.

-By Matthew
    Mario Kart Wii number: 0088 - 3484 - 3729

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

Re: In memory of Terra Taranto

I'm so sorry. One of my cats was put to sleep a few weeks ago, so I know how you feel. It's a terrible feeling, and you never completely get over it (I'm still sad about my cat, Stoomy, dying 9 years ago). Hang in there.

A Maveric Ant-man Mandobardanjusik's Avatar

Sigh, I remember when I lost my pet rabbit, couldnt stop crying for several days, but the important thing to remember is that one of the primary purposes of a pet is to bring joy and responsibility into your life, but sadly part of those lessons is dealing with loss, it doesnt get any easier over time, but on the other hand you cant let it bring your life to a stop either.

It'll take some time for the hurt to settle down, but it will, but never fully, you always miss the good pets, and different people have different ways of coping, but you also have to remember every pet has their time, and its always sooner than you would think, but you also need make sure it doesnt keep you from getting another pet, as you have to remember: You bring as much joy into their lives as they do to you

Good luck to the team, I know how you feel, and I know it isnt easy, but all you need is time, and dont be afraid to bring another pet into your life, especialy one with a need
    Hey, I now have an art thread on here, go take a look http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com...l=1#post966693

And uh, I would love some feedback and creative criticism by the way

Waddle Dee

Don't have any advice, but I want to give you my condolences. Stay strong.

Somewhere in England, so get me some tea.

I hope you feel better soon. I've never had a pet, I'm allergic to cats. But I give full support as I'm an animal lover too.
    Just call me Marco.

I'M VERY HOONGREH
    ----------------------------

I'm on Miiverse.

Also on Steam. (This is merely for showing off. No friend requests)

Cute Little Poot

Sorry to hear about your loss. =(
    Because I love following your comic and because I know it can be hard at times with losing a pet, I will personally make a small canvas print of Terra for you.
    At no cost.
    It would be good for the scrapbook or I can mount it on foam board so you can frame it.
    Just send me an email with your address and the photo you want done. The canvas size would be 6 x 4.
    Also with your permission I would like to make a second copy to include as an example for others to look at, and possibly include it on my website.

I've had cats and dogs that have been put down before...losing a pet is one of the worst feelings that you can feel. I give my condolences to you, and I hope you feel better about this soon.
    |With sword in hand|
    |And courage in my heart|
    |I am...|

Pick one. Blue-Haired Protagonist's Avatar

Good night, sweet Terra. May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

R.I.P. and many condolences

I've lost two dogs now--one I had since I was 4 who passed away about 4-5 years ago from sudden kidney disease (which especially hurt as it's something my dad had and managed to recover from when I was younger) and the other who I had since I was 10 passed away about 6 months ago due to surgery complications. I wish I could say it gets better--but even having wrote quite a lot out and trying to do things to lessen the pain (2009 was pretty bad in the latter part of the year--ended up taking a random trip to Japan because I just couldn't deal with reality at the time), it really doesn't get better. Eventually you settle and know they won't be there, but I can't say it will never stop hurting.

I still go upstairs and expect them to be there or think I see them out of the corner of my eye, but they aren't there. And it just sucks so much. Like I'm sitting here trying to think of something to say that could help and I just can't think of much of anything--in fact, it's just making me sad too. It just really really stinks and it's awful that it happened and I wish it didn't happen. I wish these things didn't have to happen to anyone because they hurt so so so so much.

I have my first dog's ashes next to my bed and carry around a glass pendant (I wish I could remember the site--I'd link you) in my bag with her ashes while we have my second dog's spread on a little thing the Vet made with her pawprint pressed into it that is upstairs (since the second dog was close to both my sister and I--the first one was more just mine).

I just wish all of you so many well wishes and I really hope you guys can settle with it. I'm not going to say deal--I don't think there's any proper way to deal or be okay with it, so I can just hope for the best *manyhugs*

Edit: Found the website T~T
    Last edited by Ribbon; February 17th, 2014 at 11:17 AM.
    ~*Ribbon*~

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

I'm sorry for your loss Matthew.

My pet cat (who I loved more than anything) passed in early 2009 away due to old age (she was 16), and I still consider the day she died the saddest day of my life (for comparison: My father died a year later, and while that was certainly also difficult for me - especially because we had a rather rocky relationship - I wasn't as devastated as I was back then). Just remembering it now, five years later, still saddens me, I remember how utterly devastated and helpless I was back then, it was plain awful and terrible. Even though in both cases, it was foreseeable.

Unfortunately I don't have much advice on how to cope with your loss though, only to cherish the many memories of the time you had together (and now I'm sorry because I've got the feeling that's not a really usefuly advice, meh).

My mom and me planned to make some sort of photo album for our cat (we eventually put a few photos of her in a picture frame), so we remember her. Your scrapbook is also certainly the right path to go.

That's all I can think of right now.

And take your time with the comic. It's totally understandable.
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

Ugh. I had to deal with my dog, Copper, dying from some disease that made her go on the floor without doing it on purpose. It was very sad to put her down.
    Spoiler: Click for full sig 

I feel you man. At summer camp, we were allowed to take fish and crawfish home with us if we caught them at the lake. I caught one, and they are usualy aggressive, but this one seemed to like me. It didn't pinch me at all. It was my first pet, I named it swimy and took it home in a small plastic container. I liked it so much, and when I brought it home, I left it on the counter and fed it. The next morning, I woke up. It had died that night. No one knew what happened to it, but I cried, because it was my first pet. I buried him in my back yard and he's still there today.

Inexplicable Turtle Hybrid Turtleman579's Avatar

Oh man, I'm so sorry. A few years ago we had to put down my cat, Furball, who we'd had literally my entire life. But at least we knew she was sick... The only advice I can offer is, don't hold back. Let it all out, or it'll only hurt more later. And take as much time as you need; we can definitely wait.

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

I'm so sorry for you both. May her soul rest in peace.
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Not everyone understands how much love an animal can bring to your life. My old boxer, Stuart, who we had since I was in first grade, died this summer the day before we had to help my brother set up for collage. It was very hard for me because he was my best friend. He was twelve and got really sick and the best decision was to put him down. I went with my parent to the vet to be with him. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my (short) life, but I knew it was the right choice.
    The time of waiting before getting a new pet should be up to you.
    Our house was so empty without him, it hurt so bad. After awhile, I still missed him, but I knew he was in a better place-as silly as it might sound to some people, I believe I will see him again.
    Our family adopted a boxer from a rescue group in the fall. Roscoe is so full of energy and while he gets in trouble quite a few times, he brings a smile to all of our faces. I love my crazy, goofy Roscoe and I am so glad I had Stuart in my life to make me want to make other people smile and laugh as much as he did. <3

Smile Re: In memory of Terra Taranto

I know the feeling all too well, pets are an important part of my life, and I've gone through many dying, either in my presence or knowing they will soon. It is hard to cope with it, but you'll start to think of all the awesome memories you had with your pets and it won't feel near as hard as it would originally, then you will remember them always .

I went through the BitF Twitter feed and got some replies from it's followers, they hear ya too :D.

Enjoy BitF and use Twitter? Follow the BitF RSS Twitter

3DS Friend Code: 4957-3783-6570

Shout out to the Wayback machine Ruane's Avatar

I once found a destroyed nest of new born bunnies. While most had died from either a predator attack or from being flung out into the cold rain, one bunny at the bottom of the nest had survived. I dried her off and warmed her with my body heat. As my little newborn rested on a sock, I remade the nest outside as her mother could best take care of her. After taking pictures of my bunny, I laid her inside the nice, dry nest. Later that night, I found her cold, dead body.

You bawl your eyes out after something like that happens. It's part of our nature. Grieving takes time. You may cry at odd times when you think of the little lost life. That's fine. Go for it.

Never forget. Never forget what impact that life and death had on you. You don't have to think of her everyday, but take at least one day a year and remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraKnight View Post
    Rune's whole thing is shovels. So yeah, he'd be able to find a way.
    This sig has been brought to you by PokeMarioGuy.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost pets, too, and I know how painful it is.

You've brought so much joy to so many people, and I'm sure that a lot of them, like me, will be feeling for you and your tragedy. There is absolutely no need for you to rush back to working on the comic, or anything else for that matter. Time heals all wounds, if you let it.

Cute Little Poot

As someone who has lost a few pets, and young pets as that, I offer my condolences to you. The best thing to keep in mind is that Terra will be waiting for you in heaven, tail wagging, as will every animal that has ever loved you.

I've had several pets, each of them very dear to me, that lost their lives, and each time felt terrible.. Just remember the joy each pet brought to you in it's life, those thoughts are calming to those who have passed on, I'm certain..

TheNetnavis guild on MS... Just a shout out. Official Garchomp of the Pokemon B/W Clan, too.

Victory over the Flying-type Gym Leader: Ruane's crash landing
    Beat the Steel GYM Leader EmpoleonLv.X
    Didn't COMPETELY sweep Oswald the Ice gym leader this time!
    Didn't get scorched by Keeby's gym!
    FrenzymanEXE brought fierce life to The Cheese's dark gym!
    Tiger's Dragons were no match for FrenzymanEXE!

BitF POKEMON CHAMPION

Gosh, all these stories are getting me teary eyed, especially thinking of my own dog that passed away last fall. I'm so sorry Terra had to leave you two so early; I have no doubt she was a wonderful companion to you both. I've had to see many dogs leave my life so I very much understand how that heartbreak feels. I feel like I'm not the one for advice since I grieve differently when it comes to my pet's deaths but I guess all I can say is to cherish the memories you do have of Terra, and I'm sure they're very happy ones.

It was especially hard on me for my last dog's death, mainly the suddenness of it. We knew she was showing her age and I was doing whatever I could to nurse her back to health. In retrospect I'm not sure if it was selfish of me, if maybe she was hurting more than I thought and that I didn't accept that it was her time. I can still remember the shock when my sister noticed that she wasn't breathing, even more so when she was resting on my own bedroom floor. We all still talk about her, and I think a lot of us can agree on how much our pets have impacted our lives even when they're gone.
    Spoiler: Geno's Codes and Things

Cute Little Poot

I'm sorry to hear this. My black lab died a few years ago, and I had him since I was very little. Dogs are such great companions, and you grow a bond with them even more then with other animals I've found. They are loyal, friendly, and reliable. I know how hard it must be for you, especially since she died long before you expected her to. I'm sorry for your loss, and God bless you and Terra. Remember that your time without Terra is short compared to eternity.
    Last edited by Draco; February 17th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.

Professional Cat Herder ElectricRat's Avatar

I'm so sorry... she appears to have been a very beautiful dog...

One of my cats had a heart attack in 2012. Then near the end of last year, another had to put to sleep because she had cancer. Now we only have one left. He's very old now (18). He's healthy now but.. that could change.

Once again, I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy... Maybe she's having fun with Luke and Stella (my cats) up there.

The one with the simple name. Liam's Avatar

I'm sorry about your dog... my dog looks like he is nearing his end too. He's blind and is pretty old.

I feel sorry for you, bro ;_;7
    I don't have any ideas for a signature, so have a potato instead.

There isn't much I can say other than saying I'm sorry for your loss. I lost two dogs and both times were an incredibly painful experience. I had the "luck" of being able to put them down before they suffered more, which allowed me to tell them goodbye, a "chance" you unfortunately didn't get. I can only imagine how more painful this must be to lose her so suddenly, without being able to say goodbye one last time.

One in particular was also a bundle of energy that stayed with us for more than ten years and somehow managed to always stay young in his head and his body. It's only in the last month that he aged incredibly fast and wasn't able to do much of anything any more, and it's where we realised that, yes, he was an old dog, he was in pain, and he wouldn't be with us for very long any more.

There are people who are probably going to debate how unimportant losing your dog is compared to a human being, but a dog is part of the family, and losing them is akin to losing a loved one, no matter who they are. It's painful, it's sad, it's hard, and it's going to stay with you for a while no matter what. Needless to say, welcoming another dog in the family is something I would do as fast as possible once you're capable of it. It's not going to replace her, no one is, but it's important to be able to fill in the void she left, and be able to share your love and receive some again now that she's gone. That doesn't mean you'll forget her, but you'll find back those feelings you lost by losing her. It's going to be different, of course, but personally, I can't imagine living without a dog, and having a new one will ease the pain just a little bit at first, until it's almost completely gone and you're able to feel happiness again with your new companion, while keeping a memory of her and the good times you shared.

In the meantime, stay strong. There isn't much that can be done to ease the pain of losing a loved one, and only time will be able to make you bear it a bit more, day by day. After a while, you'll just remember the good days and will look back on them with happiness and nostalgia, not sadness and regrets. May this day arrive as fast as possible.

Thread Information