Thread: Mega Man: Robot Revolt

I finally have a picture worthy of being my avatar Greenmaster17's Avatar

Mega Man: Robot Revolt

The mighty Doctor Albert Wily, nemesis of the famous Mega Man had, once again, been defeated. Or so it seemed.
    "Are you ready to go back to prison, Wily?" asked Mega Man.
    "Now, now Rock, surely you know by now that I am not so easily defeated. No prepare to witness the power of my ultimate weapon!!!"
    The exhausted Mega Man turned, expecting to see another giant robot slam down behind him. Instead, he saw a humanoid robot step out of the shadows. He fired a shot at the newcomer, but his opponent evaded the incoming fire with amazing speed. Rock tried several weapons, but none could even touch the red figure speeding towards him. Wily's minion fired several shots from a buster and sent Rock flying. Rock instinctively tried to deploy an e-tank, but before he could, he was skewered by a green saber. The last words Rock heard before fading into unconsciousness were his father's despairing: "Rock, can you hear me? Rooooooooock!!!"

1 month later. Wily has now crushed all resistance and controls all the factories and is using them to create new armies and robot masters, as well as recreating older masters. However, there was a flaw that he had overlooked.
    "Replaced! Me!" screamed his formerly head lieutenant, Bass.
    "Bass, calm down, you're not-"
    "Obsolete? Useless? Wily has no use for me any more. So, why should I stay around here anymore? Come on Rifleman, we're out of here!"
    Word spread quickly about Bass's rebellion, and soon many of Wily's other robot masters were rebelling with him.

"Doctor Light, have you heard? Bass is asking for our help against Wily. Come on papa, we need to construct more robot masters to help him," yelled Roll, Mega Man's sister.
    "..... I'm sorry Roll, I really can't. Not after what happened to Rock."
    "Well, what about the ones that you already designed? I could help you build them!"
    Finally, the doctor was convinced. With what little resources he could muster in secret, Dr. Light began slowly building more robot masters, hoping to avenge his lost son.

And so began the revolt.

Basically, this is an rp honoring the Blue Bomber's entry into SSB. Players will be a robot master that either rebelled against Wily or was recently built by Dr. Light. If it wasn't clear enough, this will occur between original Mega Man games and the X series. The game will progress in sections, with each section having 8 levels, each with a robot returning from former games. Depending on the number of players available, a group of 1-3 will be sent after a section, allowing multiple sections to be handled at once to provide quicker gameplay. Also, during a break in the section, a special event may occur where everyone will work together to accomplish a set goal (protect the base from Wily's attack force; rescue Roll from Wily's forces; ect.) to spice things up a little. After a section, we'll continue on to Wily's castle and, depending on the interest remaining in the rp, Wily may or may not be in that particular castle. Eventually, we will either find Wily and defeat him or fail to do so. The character sheet will be as follows:

Spoiler: character app 

Spoiler: example 

To simplify things, elemental interactions will work as such:
    Non elementals-Break beats sword beats normal beats wind beats break
    Elementals-fire beats wood beats electricity beats aqua beats fire
    Any non elemental will be standard effects on elemental and vice-versa.

Now for the interesting part. So that the participants aren't just the same throughout the rp, I've devised a system of weapon adaptions. Basically, if you defeat a robot master you can take their weapon and either use it just as they did, OR if practical fuse it with your weapon, adding its element and abilities to it. For example, adding the slash claws to the fire storm would give you flaming claws that would be fire and sword elements, inheriting both element's strengths and weaknesses. One limitation, however lies in that you can only fuse an elemental weapon with a non elemental weapon, so as to not upset the interactions.

I'll take the apps ( use one from the series or create your own) on this thread (if approved) and I'm aiming for 6-8 players (including myself). Characters like X, Zero, Bass and Roll may make appearances, but aren't playable.

So, any advice/comments/likes/smackdowns/ect.?

(P.S. I'd really like to start before Christmas, so I'd really like apps in by November 30)
    Last edited by Greenmaster17; October 21st, 2013 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Added plot system info
    Spoiler: chainy thing 

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

Re: Mega Man: Robot Revolt

I think you've got most of the bases covered, but I'm not entirely sure if the system works. That is, I don't know if you'll ever get through more than one section. I get what you're going for here, but I think you should consider a more organic story so you can have some more flexibility with the plot as it goes on, instead of having strictly eight places to go to and eight robot masters at the end.

Also, there's no specific paragraphs about setting, but I think enough can be put together and I assume where you'll be going will be based on the robot masters. Do you have those guys planned out already?

In the end I think this RP is complete enough to get an approval, so there you go!
    Approvals: 1/2

Sorry, I was a little unclear on the plot system. Check the edit for explanation.

Peregrine City, in a tall tower. Because why not?

I think I may want to join...
    Spoiler: TauruMan 

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it a bit more, shouldn't he be a normal type? I didn't change the app, but I figure I may as well ask here...

EDIT 2: I'll just change it to Break.
    Last edited by Koopario; November 23rd, 2013 at 03:29 PM.

Spoiler: Quotes, May 2015 (The Splatoon testfire's first hour in a nutshell) 

WARNING: User may use sarcasm in ways you are unaccustomed to Kmj10's Avatar

Looks good. I'll sign up.
    Spoiler: App 
    Spoiler: Sig stuff, condensed for easier scrolling 

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Sorry for being slow :<<<<
    All looks good here, though.

Approvals: 2/2

Oh boy, Robots!

I have two applications. If they fit the bill, please choose the one you'd find more appropriate for this RP
    Spoiler: Introducing.... 

.....Ummm....

Spoiler: I suppose you'd probably prefer this one. 
    Last edited by Philip Draco; October 27th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.

Only one week left for sign ups! There are atill plenty of open spots, so feel free to send in an app!
    (P.S. Koop, yours could be either wood or break, I'd say.)

Super Smash Bros Wii-U/3DS!!! SuperMii3D's Avatar
    Well, if Im typing this, then Im in front of my computer.....

Sure, Ill join. This one looks good!

Spoiler: CometMan 
    Last edited by SuperMii3D; November 23rd, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
    Hi! BIG Super Smash Bros Brawl and MK7 fan! VM me for fcs! 3DS name: SuperMii3D COOKIES!

World's most baka baka Waddlesail's Avatar

Spoiler: The necessary melee user.  
    Last edited by Waddlesail; November 23rd, 2013 at 06:44 PM.

SIGNUPS END AT MIDNIGHT!
    All the current apps look good (except for doorman) but if anyone wants to get in, now's the time to make your apps!

Cute Little Poot Heavy Lobster XL's Avatar

Name: Heavyman
    Appearance: Brown, Muscular, Tall
    Element: Break
    Weapon: Heavy Boots: Kinda like Stone Kirby's ability.
    Personality: Rude, Arrogant, and lazy.
    Last edited by Heavy Lobster XL; November 30th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

And that will be it for signups. Thanks to everyone who signed up, and I hope to have the thread up pretty soon. All the apps look good, and there's just enough space for everyone to get in, so I'll look forward to rp-ing with you all.

Thread Information