PDA

View Full Version : Other Languages

Cloudodom
March 20th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Any of you guys speak other languages? Check English ONLY IF ENGLISH IS NOT YOUR FIRST LANGUAGE Anywho, I don't speak other languages besides a dabble of Vietnamese phrases, but as I said, it's dabble.

Thread Reposted/Stolen from Peofin59

Ah, crap, how do I edit polls?

Nyyl
March 21st, 2010, 12:47 AM
Though I'm not very fluent, I speak a good deal of Spanish. Three years has to count for something, right?

Red
March 21st, 2010, 01:18 AM
I'm fluent in English and Spanish. Can't say which one came first though, learned them both at the same time as I was growing up.

I seriously think formal classes make everything so complicated... but since I learned it naturally I guess that's just my opinion.

AuraKnight
March 21st, 2010, 05:23 AM
I'm learning Japanese at the moment. Not enough to be fluent (I haven't done a year yet), though.

Graf Ganon
March 21st, 2010, 06:17 AM
Eh, this poll lacks the possibility to check multiple choices because English is not my only second language, I'm also able to.... well, not speak, but understand Latin. And I have really really realy broken French knowledge, but seriously, French sucks.

SuperMaria
March 21st, 2010, 08:37 AM
I can speak Northern English AND Southern English. That takes some beating.

Cloudodom
March 21st, 2010, 12:55 PM
Eh, this poll lacks the possibility to check multiple choices because English is not my only second language, I'm also able to.... well, not speak, but understand Latin. And I have really really realy broken French knowledge, but seriously, French sucks.

Terribly sorry, that was an accident on me. Like, I said how do I edit polls? Of should we just get rid of this one and make a new one? Until then just vote "other" if you speak more than one.

Super Homestario Bros
April 10th, 2010, 11:06 AM
I know a few words in Spanish and can count to 10 in Korean. :P

ZORK
April 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
German is my first Language, English my 2nd.

ThatFellow
April 10th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I have a bit of French within me from when I was at school, but it is all fading away.

I do remember one phrase that will ALWAYS help you though.

"Je suis un anglais imbecile"

That'll make things clear. :P

I want to learn another language, but I'd need a lot more spare time. Honestly, I'd have loved to have learnt another from childhood (it's much easier apparently).

Penguin
April 10th, 2010, 01:16 PM
I seriously think formal classes make everything so complicated... but since I learned it naturally I guess that's just my opinion.

Truth. It's much easier to learn a language growing up. But formal languages throw in linguistics, because when you're a native speaker, you know what sounds right by instinct, but when you're not, you have to have someone explain it to you.

Me, now...I've taken a bit of Spanish and three years of Japanese. And I can't really speak either at all. Or write properly. I am forever in awe of people who are at least semi-fluent in a second language.

Fat_Mario
April 10th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Polish and English. That's all.

MooseFondue
April 11th, 2010, 04:58 PM
While I am far from fluency, I have started studying french. At my school, it's a requirement to take a language for at least two years. My school offers spanish, french, chinese, and american sign language.
I chose french because spanish seemed too . . . common, I suppose, chinese is difficult, and american sign language is practically impossible for freshman to get into.
So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Taigiry
April 11th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Well, I'm native German, so English would be my second language.

That Freaking Charmander
April 11th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I put Something else becase I speak fawfulnize.Fura FooFuryfury FURURURURU Heeieiei Yey! (Fury I Have Fury,Of Fury FURURURURU Hehehehe Yay!)
See?

YoshiFriends333
April 11th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Looks like I'm the only Chinese around these parts. Yay me?

Falcon_Pawnch75
April 11th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I speak multiple languages, but I'm most fluent in Chinese and English (because I AM Chinese and I'm an American). I can speak a little French and VERY little Italian, and only the commonly known Spanish words (besides mierda, I learned that from a translated forum post).

...WAIT WAIT WAIT WOAH, YoshiFriends333, you're Chinese too?! O____O

YamiGekusu
April 12th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I could have learned Tagalog growing up but I didn't because my mom just taught me broken english.

I do understand a little Japanese, French, German, and Spanish.

Curus
April 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
While I am far from fluency, I have started studying french. At my school, it's a requirement to take a language for at least two years. My school offers spanish, french, chinese, and american sign language.
I chose french because spanish seemed too . . . common, I suppose, chinese is difficult, and american sign language is practically impossible for freshman to get into.
So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

HaHA! Why, I remember boggling you with my mad French skillz* some time ago!..

...As you may have guessed, I do de French. Other than that, I know little.

*African bum disease.

SUPERtwinky's Ghost
August 31st, 2010, 01:02 PM
I've been taking German at school for 4 years now...

JSG
August 31st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Um, I know English, Filipino, Thagalog, and a tiny bit of "Hawaiin".

I'm still learning Japanese I think.

YamiGekusu
September 1st, 2010, 04:31 PM
I remember my mom and my third grade teacher speaking Tagalog and I was all 'wut'.

Chain Chomp
September 1st, 2010, 11:34 PM
Looks like I'm the only Chinese around these parts. Yay me?

unless you talk Mandarian then your wrong even though i live in Ireland! my grandpa love to teach me Cantonese because i love pokemon (AhemKantoReigionAhem). Its actually an easy language to learn.especially because all i have to right is ・゚☆。!:)

Villerar
September 2nd, 2010, 03:22 AM
Since there are no ultiple options allowed, I went for my native language. Aside that I can speak a few other ones to a modest degree.

Ark
September 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
I can speak English, Tagalog, and German.

I took classes in German and picked up most of what I know about Tagalog through my mom.

Dieza Rattman™
September 2nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
My first language is Portuguese. I think English can be considered my second language, as I'm the top of the class at it, and maybe even of the school, but I still have a LOT to learn.

Hey, who's the other Portuguese here?

Gedz
September 2nd, 2010, 11:35 AM
>br
>br
huehuehuehuehuehueheu

FlamerX
September 2nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
I know a little french, but not enough to understand a single word my french teacher speaks.
Even though i got an A- in that subject.

slashty
September 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
I'm in Spanish II at school. That basically means I can do stuff in Spanish countries (I've gone to Guatemala and Costa Rica, and used Spanish well), but not hold a serious conversation in the language.