PDA

View Full Version : The Clothes Topic

Peasley
October 16th, 2010, 10:40 AM
So, guys, surely some of you care how you look. What brands of clothes do you where? Do you wear plaid?

I personally prefer American Eagle t-shirts with denim jeans, or cargo shorts if it's warm. Hoodies are nice too.

What do you wear?

Ultimate Yoshi
October 16th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I wear anything in my closet. I am bland.

I like wearing the BitF shirts I bought, but it's getting really cold where I am, so I don't wear them much anymore. I personally prefer light t-shirts in the summer and heavy long-sleeved shirts in the winter. I don't really care what images are on them.

For pants I wear jeans. That's about it.

I also have a Nintendo NES jacket that I wear all the time.

Darky
October 16th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I generally wear band or game t-shirts and jeans. In the house I wear baggy jogging bottoms instead of jeans.
Otherwise my wardrobe is fairly devoid.
Got some pretty awesome shirts though. My pacman one is a pretty cool guy, I also got a zelda one, an ac/dc one, and there's a couple of trollshirts and an iron maiden shirt on the way.

MooseFondue
October 16th, 2010, 11:00 AM
So, guys, surely some of you care how you look. What brands of clothes do you where? Do you wear plaid?

I personally prefer American Eagle t-shirts with denim jeans, or cargo shorts if it's warm. Hoodies are nice too.

What do you wear?

plaid?

Argh, my one mortal enemy... My school is absolutely overwhelmed with plaiditude. In fact, last Thursday was "Plaid Day" at my school, and you couldn't see any difference from a regular day.
As such, I make a point about not wearing plaid. EVER.

But other than that, I put very little thought into my wardrobe. I focus much more on comfort than on style. In the past I've always objected over having large symbols or designs on my shirts, but lately I've gotten over that.

But the cool thing here is that on occasion I make my own shirts, and occasionally some for my friends too. In fact, I have a shirt of my avatar, but it's green on a black background.

And how was your day?

Peasley
October 16th, 2010, 11:03 AM
In fact, I have a shirt of my avatar, but it's green on a black background.

I would totally buy that shirt. In fact, it seems like a lot of your art is suited for t-shirts.

MooseFondue
October 16th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I would totally buy that shirt. In fact, it seems like a lot of your art is suited for t-shirts.

Hey thanks! I have one of This Guy (http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy295/MooseFondue/Avatars%20and%20Sigs/FishtSig.jpg?t=1287245135) too, but it's black on white.
I've actually considered the possibilities of making an online business selling t-shirts. But I come up with a few inherit problems. But perhaps one day . . . IN THE FUTURE.

Peasley
October 16th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Hell, I would buy a couple.

What I desperately need right now is a Beatles shirt.

Kirbster
October 16th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Adonis Sho Peasely,

I love you.

As a 16 year old girl, I LOVE clothes! Preppy taank-tops are wonderful in Summer, and tunics are amazing! I have this adorable light blue tunic-tank combo with sundaes printed on it that is just too adorable! I also love pencil skirts, and well as any skirts with frills. Cape coats are always fun, and go well with baby mary-janes! I love myself a nice pair of low-cut jeans, unless thy're boot cut. What's the point of wearing cute boots if you can't show them off? I also have this gold thread dress shirt which I love, love, love, no matter how expensive it was! I've also got this white casual dress with sleeves and pink stripes near the end of the sleeves and skirt half. It's probably my favorite clothing item ever because it's sort of family heirloom. It's been passed down for generations of our women. We all know how to sew, so we fix all the holes and rips. It is given from mother to daughter at their Quinceañera, and this tradition will continue to live on.

Wow, I like clothes.

Peasley
October 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Wow, it's like you just started speaking a different language. Sorry, but what is a pencil skirt?

Hypesicle
October 16th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Pencil skirts, Kirbster?
I never had you down as the type of girl to wear them. They seem incredibly impractical, and you seem to be the type of person choose impracticality over looks. I must say I'm shocked.

Most of my wardrobe contains graphic t-shirts and jeans. I also have a lot of jackets {Which I adore} and want more of.
I must say that the view of girls+shoes is pretty much the same as me with jackets.

I've also started getting into wearing 3/4 length shorts.

As for brands, er... Top Shop has some nice stuff, and so does H&M, but damn if they aren't expensive.

ArtisticDuckie
October 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I don't even know what it is but I'm eating it and I'm a girl myself

to be honest I like plaid even though I only have one shirt with it and I happen to be wearing it right now, also I think some people look cute in it
collared shirts are spiffy awesome for guys omg

anyway as for myself I don't have such a huge wardrobe anymore because some of my clothes are getting too small (or maybe it's just my imagination, they're too tight rather), but I have like no long sleeved shirts or jackets or sweatshirts or I dunno what you call them because they're impractical for our weather. I like this place called Tilly's, they have a lot of cool graphic tees sometimes and then Full Tilt stuff which I do like. Also, I have way too many video game shirts, seriously. Hot Topic is a great store to get them from, they have a lot of band shirts too sometimes iirc so maybe you could get a Beatles shirt there.
Also, lots of shorts/capris for spring to fall, and then skinny jeans come winter and "cold" weather

but geez clothes are way too expensive

also shoes, I only have one pair of black/white Vans and then a squishy pair of flip-flops, that's all I need
silly girls

Peasley
October 16th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I'd get cooler shoes but I tend to only end up with boring tennis shoes.

ThatFellow
October 16th, 2010, 11:44 AM
T-shirts, jeans, and a hoodie/parka/jacket if it's cold.

But all my t-shirts are nerdy things. The first stage from Donkey Kong, a Triforce one, Pacman, japanese Star Wars poster...

Although I do really want one of those long-sleeved but not long-sleeved t-shirts. Dunno what you call them. It looks like a normal t-shirt over the top of a longer sleeved one.

... Unless that's what it actually is, just two layers of t-shirts. If that's the case I'm an idiot. :P

Peasley
October 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure if those are called anything in specific. I think I own a couple.

The Girl from the Well
October 16th, 2010, 11:53 AM
As a 16 year old girl, I LOVE clothes!

As a 13 year old girl, I hate clothes. I mean, I got enough, and since my parents don't think I'm growing anymore, they don't really need to buy more, at least not while dragging me to the store while doing so.

My only favorite kinds of clothes are ones with things I like on them. For example, I've got a Invader Zim shirt, and I think it's awesome. And if I were in something like a (cartoon?) show where I always wear the same thing, I'd always, all the time, be wearing my Homestar Runner shirt. Though it kinda brings me down how it seems to be that NOBODY knows of him, because no one says anything about Homestar while I'm wearing it as proudly as I can(or even if I make a reference, like when I called those black clip things 'cow clips'). One of my friends who has moved did say it was cute, though.

I guess why I like wearing those shirts is because I like advertising what I'm really into. :T Maybe if someone asks about it if I'm wearing one one day, I'll tell them all about it.

Otherwise, I don't really like my clothes because they're kinda bland, even if someone says something of mine looks nice and asks where I got it from, even though I never remember(I'd only remember the H*R shirt's location because it was from its own online store). The only other clothes I like is one of those shirts I have that say 'Video games destroyed my life. Good things I have two extra lives'. This one is white with black, capitalized 'edgy' text and skulls representing lives.

That goes for shoes too. I'd always wear the same plain sneakers wherever I go, although I have like 5 other pairs of shoes I've only worn on special occasions, some only once.

I've got 2 kickass hats though. One is Ash's original hat I remember wearing one elementary school field trip and a Sonic cap. There's also a Sonic beanie I've got for winter, oh how warm and awesome my head feels then. For accessories, there's a Sonic tote bag, which I don't have a use for, but I'm thinking it could be a school bag...hmm...

...Okay, I've posted way too much on a topic that I don't even like. I just got a lot to say about clothes. =U Just one last thing, I'd kill for any sort of Sonic shirt, like a sweatshirt I saw in a store one day and an old one my brother had. Both seemed too big. Damn you, skinniness. Damn you.

Kirbster
October 16th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Pencil skirts, Kirbster?
I never had you down as the type of girl to wear them. They seem incredibly impractical, and you seem to be the type of person choose impracticality over looks.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.
I am incredibly vain, in a not mean way. I do go for comfort a lot of the time, but pencil skirts are just too cute for me to resist!

Wow, it's like you just started speaking a different language. Sorry, but what is a pencil skirt?
http://blackpencilskirt.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/black-pencil-skirt1.jpg
They're like the skirt equivalent of skinny jeans.

JSG
October 16th, 2010, 12:55 PM
I wear anything in my closet. I am bland.

This.

I just wear anything nice and cleeeaan. Simple long pants, some shirt ant I'm good to go.

I have some fave shirts, like a green shirt with some cool looking drums.
Some camping shirt from 6th grade.
A shirt with a referee doing randomly funny actions.
More 6th grade shirts.
A basketball logo shirt.
A white shirt with a paintball splat.
More Middle School shirts (spoofs with intelligence, mainly)
My fave striped brown jacket (with a massive hole in the pocket.)
A good gray beanie.
Pikachu.

And at my school I just wear a uniform.

Peasley
October 16th, 2010, 12:57 PM
That skirt looks utterly awful to wear.

Kirbster
October 16th, 2010, 01:00 PM
That skirt looks utterly awful to wear.

They take a bit of getting used to, but they're sooooo nice!

slashty
October 16th, 2010, 01:06 PM
My school has a dress code. It's a lot better than it sounds. Really, the only regulations are no blue jeans (I don't think the administration has figured out that jeans come in more than one color), wear a belt, and that your shirt must be collared and tucked in. You look all nice and preppy without being too formal.
Outside of school, I tend to wear graphic t-shirts, but I don't own very many referential shirts at all. Just nice abstractness, with things like birds on telephone wires representing musical notes. I have five shirts like that or something. I love canvas shoes, and that's pretty much all I wear in that regard. I wear a lot of berets for hats, but I find myself wearing less lately.

Curus
October 16th, 2010, 01:08 PM
I loooove baggy clothes, but practically 99% of girls here wear them skinny jeans. It kind of makes me feel like a crossdresser, very smally.

*khm* Anyway, yeah I'm a comfort-loving slob who also enjoys T-shirts with words on. And pictures of Catface.

JSG
October 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM
My school dress code is, erm, simple?

-Black or White uniform with school logo.
-On Friday you can wear club shirts from the school.
-No extremely short pants.
-No plaid.
-Undershirt must be black/white. Solid color.
-No jackets with gang symbols/logos
-No hoods inside classrooms.

Ranmaru
October 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No.
I am incredibly vain, in a not mean way. I do go for comfort a lot of the time, but pencil skirts are just too cute for me to resist!

They're like the skirt equivalent of skinny jeans.

Those do look pretty hard to move in, and I really think you need to have the right shape of leg for it.

I also can't help but feel that they belong on a secretary or someone, oh well.

Hmmm, clothes wise, I like shirts, for the most part with plain t-shirts underneath, and usually jeans. And at the bottom more often than not shoes.

Oh I do like rainbow socks though, and I think those thigh length shirts that girls wear look amazing.

PokeMarioGuy
October 16th, 2010, 02:10 PM
T-shirt. Shorts. My onsombleh.

I'm never too concerned with my clothes. As long as they match, they're clean, and it's been a couple days since I've last worn them, then I am fine with them. Strangely I'm running low on jeans, so i'm heading to American Eagle to get some. I just can't stand Old Navy or Hollister.

Latiaslover97
October 16th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Mostly T-shirts and pants skirts (Read: Skirts as long as pants.)

I hate skirts, but I love pants skirts! There so floaty and they breath, too. I have a lot of T-shirts, but barely any pants. That's why I have a lot of pants skirts.

Ark
October 16th, 2010, 04:14 PM
My school has a dress code. Khaki pants, shorts or skirts with shirts being burgundy, white or gold(yellow).

Outside of school, my fashion sense is kinda weird. I normally wear colorful shorts and T-shirts.

Kramazubg
October 16th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Band t-shirts and jeans when I'm not at work, and hoodies. Always hoodies. Although lately I've become a fan of crew necks for when it's just not cold enough for hoods.

At work I wear suits.

Sonic
October 16th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I'm really boring when it comes to clothes

All I ever really wear are T-shirts that are related to sports/video games/music (I actually need more of these omg) or have some witty phrase written on them, though nobody ever really sees them since I always wear sweatshirts too (because it's cold here like 3/4 of the year). I almost always wear jeans too (I don't really know what else I would wear most of the time) as well as baseball caps because idktry

My parents always try to make me buy more clothes which is annoying because I hate shopping for them and yeah :<

Oh I don't think I've ever had a dress code at any school I've gone to (outside of "nothing revealing or advertising drugs/alcohol" anyway) that sucks for you guys

Agent Gold
October 16th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm easy; green clothes, green hat. Sometimes a blue shirt with a craw fish on it to mix things up.

My wardrobe is pretty simple. Normally I go with a T-shirt and cargo shorts. Some T-shirts are from places I've vacationed to with my family, others are just novelties. One of them even says "23 hours of gameplay and all I managed to unlock was this stupid costume". Been there?

On colder days, I go with blue jeans instead of shorts. (My jeans are really faded; I'm due for some new ones.) I still like T-shirts, and I don't have to go outside very often, so normally I'll go with a jacket or a flannel shirt (unbuttoned) over it. I don't know why, but I like to think flannel shirts look sexy on me.

Brands don't make much difference to me, but my parents say Land's End clothes last a long time, so that's cool I guess...

That Freaking Charmander
October 16th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Any thing thats not long sleeve or frilly.
I'm just a guy with a lot of Mario shirts (6 to be spespic)

Rebel Vanguard
October 16th, 2010, 08:51 PM
My schools have never really had to wear uniforms, but we did have a dress code. And I am proud to say that my wardrobe never violated any of the dress code. (Because you know, I'm a TOTAL rebel. My username suggests it!)

But my clothing style is very simple/bland. Since I actually dislike graphic tees for some unknown reason, so I usually end up wearing something with little to no design.

Here are some of my clothing rules:

-Unless it's below 20 degress Farenheit, I will not wear a long sleeve shirt, mainly because I find them extremely uncomfortable.
-Polo shirts must only be worn when I feel I should look nice.
-In the house, I'll wear just about anything.
-In public, I only wear my regular non-graphic clothing. With the exception of VERY few graphic tees. Yes I know I'm boring.
-I can never wear black with brown. I don't know why, but it makes me feel wierd. I can do every other color combination, but just not that one.
-I can't bring my self to wear long socks with short pants, because it feels wierd to me.
-I also can't bring myself to wear a heavy jacket, even if it is freezing cold. It's probably because I dislike carrying too much stuff along with the uncomfortableness of it all.
-There are certain pants I have which make me feel naked in public, so I refrain from wearing those unless I have to.
-I will never ever never ever NEVER wear sandals/flip-flops. Not even if I'm going to a pool/beach. Because I just don't like wearing those.
-I must wear socks at all times, unless I'm at the beach/pool then I won't.

Gee, I have wierd clothing rules. Maybe one of these days I should just lighten up. But nahhhhhhh.

Kennthium
October 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM
I'm on the graphic tees train as well. Video games, bands, movies and such (anything to show off my fagdom fandom). They're all usually tighter fitting because I hate the feeling of loose clothing, I can feel the wind pass through me and I feel like a sailboat. I also need to get better fitting long sleeved shirts. I like them, but the ones I have now are so big it's like I'm wearing a wizards robe.

When it comes to shorts it's usually cargo pants or those plaid golf short type things. For pants it's regular jeans (not too loose) or skinny jeans (which are not as bad as people really make them out to be, there are plenty of room for the boys if you get the right size).

Shoes don't really matter too much but I do have a preference towards Vans definitely.

Jackets/Hoodies can also be plain, but I do have a kick ass Super Mario Bros jacket that is totally comfy and really sweet. I don't like wearing really heavy jackets like Rebel, but I do have some jackets that are a bit thicker.

combined with the general big hair and being unshaven most of the time apparently I look like a hipster :V

...yeah

Dinosaurshotgun
October 16th, 2010, 09:55 PM
Pfft, clothes. Wearing them. Ha.
Anyway, I usually like shorts (they are comfy and easy to wear), specifically the thick kinds with pockets and stuff (I don't wear anything really soft unless I'm working out) and whatever t-shirt I decide to wear.
I have an awesome shirt that says "INSIDE OUT" in stylized letters when I'm wearing it inside out, basically it lets me wear a shirt inside out while being stylish and who doesn't want to wear shirts inside out? c:
I have pretty much one pair of shoes that I wear almost every day, and I generally wear semi-long white socks. Short socks feel weird.
If it's cold I'll wear blue jeans.
My high school had a uniform, people complained about it but it wasn't bad and it made it easier to decide what to buy/wear.

charigaara
October 16th, 2010, 09:59 PM
T-shirt, jeans, jacket or sweatshirt. I'm so sophisticated, right?

Cindiquil
October 17th, 2010, 08:45 PM
I wear... anything that is comfy, and has no personality (In other words solid colors only), I also only wear T-Shirts, I haven't worn a long sleeve shirt in... 5 years, and it goes below 0 where I live.