PDA

View Full Version : What scares you?

The Good Wario
October 10th, 2010, 07:08 PM
This is for halloween to share their fears, if you dont want to disclose all of them you dont have to.:zombie:
I will start::zombie:

I am scared of...
Psychos
Landing from heights.
things that are bloody
and random video game characters rapping.

Please share!

Gassy but freaked out

The good wario

Kramazubg
October 10th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Skynet, I have a legitimate fear that technology will one day rule us, more than it does now. (Google and Apple I'm looking your way)

The Good Wario
October 10th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Please be mostly serious.

Raptor
October 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Snakes I really Hate snakes! the one's that arn't deadly from a bite are ok but I still hate snakes!

SuperGanondorf
October 10th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Heights, mostly. I can't stand to be more than a few feet above ground level. When my family and I visited the Grand Canyon, I would absolutely not go anywhere near the edge. It scares me, that's for sure.

MoonHitler
October 10th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I have an irrational phobia of dogs, and a rational fear of not being able to escape from an enclosed space. Enclosed spaces I'm fine with, being sealed in I'm not.

But mainly dogs. I hate how many people have them.

I also have hippopotomonstrousesquipedaliaphobiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaahhrghhhhhhh!! I'm scared!

SMarioFan500
October 10th, 2010, 07:24 PM
I'm scared of spiders, flying on airplanes, being truly on my own, and the thought of that one comet crashing into Earth, thus ending it.

Kramazubg
October 10th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Please be mostly serious.

I was being serious :<

Cloudodom
October 10th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Heights are only scary if your on a ledge and the only thing standing between you and splat is a short railing. Airplanes are not scary at all.

Heights are my only phobia. And maybe crazy serial killers

Leafeon95
October 10th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Heights (just looking down from up high makes me start thinking "what if I fall?!") :|
Trucks (while I was biking one nearly ran me over, not Pick-up trucks, other trucks. I'm also so afraid of being in front of a truck and it jack-knifes or something.) o.o

and then I just hate bugs, lol.

so if a Flying Truck full of bugs came my way while jack-knifing, I'd be screwed. :omg:

King of Phwoosh
October 10th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Only one thing and that's CreeperSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSS
(boom)

The Good Wario
October 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I was being serious :<

Oh....CHRIST!

Gassy but now worried

The good wario

Sonic
October 10th, 2010, 07:41 PM
I have pretty bad claustrophobia - I hate being in really small spaces and being unable to move around and stuff like that. I'm not so bad with crowds, but things like crawling through a really small space or being trapped under a blanket (my brother did this to me all the time when I was younger) really freak me out.

I also fear heights and insects/spiders a little bit, but those aren't nearly as bad. There are probably a few other things, but I can't think of them right now.

SwerveStar
October 10th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Volcanoes, Poisonous Insects, and being helpless.

Agent Gold
October 10th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Fire alarms. Not actual fires, mind you--fire alarms. My ears are kind of sensitive, and there's something about the klaxon or screeching sounds that most alarms use that is particularly harsh to me. I sometimes try to dash past them quickly even when they haven't gone off in weeks or months. There are days when I'm just a bundle of nerves because I suspect they'll be going off soon (no rational reason to think so). There's some overt hatred for them mixed in with this fear.

My life would be a lot easier if all fire alarms were bells. If you ever have to install a fire alarm somewhere for some reason, I will consider it a personal favor if you choose a bell. They are so much easier to tolerate...

MoonHitler
October 10th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I have a slight fear of people because I know what they can do, but I don't know what they're going to do. Though that's just my cautious paranoia.

Piemaster
October 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Well, I used to be scared of tornadoes, but now I find them fascinating rather then scary.

For some reason, I just plain don't like birds. I guess it came from a time when I was young and at our house we had these big hedges (or something) in our front lawn. I came to see what my mom was doing, and a bird flew out of of the hedges and almost hit me, thus making me freak out. I've hated to go near birds since.

And with this 2012 stuff, I know it's fake, but it still shudders me when I think about it. What is letting me not be scared is all the past instances where people thought the world was going to end, like in 1999. AND IT DIDN'T

Curus
October 10th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Heights, and certain sorts of spiders.

Also would like to point out for the ride that phobias are a disorder distinct from being scared of something. If you're locked in your cupboard because you heard it was spider season, and you know that's not a sensible thing to be doing, then you have arachnophobia. Otherwise no.

slashty
October 10th, 2010, 08:33 PM
i iz doesn't 'fraid of anythnig.

Seriously, though, I'm not scared of much. I'm easily startled, but rarely actually scared. High tolerance for pain helps with crap.

The Good Wario
October 10th, 2010, 08:41 PM
i iz doesn't 'fraid of anythnig.

Seriously, though, I'm not scared of much. I'm easily startled, but rarely actually scared. High tolerance for pain helps with crap.

I wish i was you...DONT CORRUPT THIS!

Agent Gold
October 10th, 2010, 09:03 PM
High tolerance for pain helps with crap.

I've got this like you wouldn't believe. It clearly does nothing for my fear.

Come on, John, you can come up with something definite! ;)

TheMightyBox
October 10th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Giygas.
Oh, and death/the end of humanity.

SmashTaper
October 10th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Spiders
Clowns
Amish people
Heights
Being truly alone

A lot more deep than I thought ;___;

the metolosophy
October 11th, 2010, 04:57 AM
they're actual fears, not hates. i'm afraid of myself.

pretty much ladybugs scare me to death, one in my room makes me frozen at the computer screaming bloody murder. i just happen to live right in the middle of the area in which they swarm.

i also fear screwing up everything all the time, like i always do, hence why my life is a continually darkening, deepening hell. I guess this could also be the fear of being hated, but once again, its apparent.

Zant
October 11th, 2010, 06:49 AM
pretty much ladybugs scare me to death, one in my room makes me frozen at the computer screaming bloody murder. i just happen to live right in the middle of the area in which they swarm.

Gentle little ladybugs? What an odd phobia...

As for me, the only things that scare me are loud sounds(like fire alarms mentioned above) and the night. For some odd reason I can tolerate being in a pitchblack closet at day, but despite being in my own bed in my own room with my brother 4 feet away in his own bed, 3 cats wandering about and a faint light coming from outside I can be really scared.

FlamerX
October 11th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Dark areas and dark mirrors horrify me.
I think creepy pastas did this to me.

Dinosaurshotgun
October 11th, 2010, 01:06 PM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1114/321152-48_super.jpg
This thing.
TT_TT I'm actually scared to look at it right now...

Darky
October 11th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I'm not afraid of most things but there are things I try to avoid if I can help it, like syringes, pain, and rejection.
I'd say one thing I'm afraid of are heights. I mean, if I have a sturdy rail I can't fall off of/be pushed over (I'm a little paranoid) then I'm okay, but otherwise I don't go close.
I'd probably say my other fear is being murdered. It's one thing to die of all sorts of causes, but being killed at the hands of your fellow man... it's a nasty thought.

Dinosaurshotgun
October 11th, 2010, 01:21 PM
I'm not afraid of most things but there are things I try to avoid if I can help it, like syringes, pain, and rejection.
I'd say one thing I'm afraid of are heights. I mean, if I have a sturdy rail I can't fall off of/be pushed over (I'm a little paranoid) then I'm okay, but otherwise I don't go close.
I'd probably say my other fear is being murdered. It's one thing to die of all sorts of causes, but being killed at the hands of your fellow man... it's a nasty thought.

And here I was expecting you to be afraid of the Dark.

Unaniem
October 11th, 2010, 02:45 PM
i have a unlucky case of a fright....thing...illness...stuff... diuahgwh i was born with it ok?! it makes me scared for things i don't really have to be scared of.

in wich i already was afraid of:

a gigantic fireball destroying earth
exploding frogs
gigantic nipples (yeeeeeeeeaaaaa... tv commercials....)
and much much more

all those frights those are now over thanks to some medisane.

big bugs also scare me a little, but more like "Ahhh!" and calm down/ trow beast out of the window and done
i'm also afraid of shrap things and really weird tv commercial (there are enough).

i r weird person, live with it

Dinosaurshotgun
October 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
i have a unlucky case of a fright....thing...illness...stuff... diuahgwh i was born with it ok?! it makes me scared for things i don't really have to be scared of.

exploding frogs
and much much more

big bugs also scare me a little, but more like "Ahhh!" and calm down/ trow beast out of the window and done
i'm also afraid of shrap things and really weird tv commercial (there are enough).

Are you trying to say you're paranoid? Fear and paranoia are a bit different. Everyone would be afraid of a giant fireball hurtling towards earth; very few people believe it will happen.

Curus
October 11th, 2010, 03:54 PM

There is nothing wrong with this. The female form is very easily done wrong by nature, and it creeps me out.

The Good Wario
October 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM

exploding frogs
and much much more

i dew underdtand.

gassy but hard 2 undersand

t3h good wareio

Curus
October 11th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Hey now! Was that a piss-take?

The Good Wario
October 11th, 2010, 04:41 PM
no it was understanding.

=D

Curus
October 11th, 2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, with deliberate misspellings I know you don't do. That's uncalled for.

The Girl from the Well
October 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Well now. I hate insects and arachnids, especially spiders. If I see one moving, I go out of the room until it's gone. If I see one moving very fast and unexpectedly, especially if I feel something on me, I shudder and move away. I've even shrieked recently, even though it was only some sort of beetle(I'm guessing).

I also have a slight fear of heights, just the thought of falling off a high place scares me(though I guess that's what it basically is). Something that could go along with this, is my fear of stairs. Yes, stairs. At least, when I walk down them. I was walking down stairs, like we all do, when I suddenly slipped and fell on a lower stair, spilling the milk I was holding. There were no serious injuries, but I've been afraid of slipping on stairs and I've gone slowly down them ever since

You may send me pictures of stairs to scare me now. Oh joy.

Ranmaru
October 11th, 2010, 07:09 PM
My number one fear is probably slavery, or seclusion, I'm not sure why, but the idea of losing my free will scares me.

0.o
October 11th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Yeah, with deliberate misspellings I know you don't do. That's uncalled for.

I do not see Wario saying that in his post....

anyway, I'm scared of odd noises.
I swear when I hear a creak in my house my hair stands straight up, and I get the shivers.
My friend thinks this is funny. :(

MooseFondue
October 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM
In terms of things that are totally ridiculous: Zombies. The idea is way freaky. Just... ugh...

In terms of reasonable things: Exceptionably large heights, spiders, and snakes.
Heights really only scare me when they're gigantic, and even then, it's not so bad if there's railing or something.
Spiders are exceptionably icky. I hate all kinds. Can't stand them.
Snakes are really bad too. But as much as I don't like 'em, my sister has it even worse. She really does have a phobia of snakes.

Curus
October 11th, 2010, 07:31 PM

i dew underdtand.

gassy but hard 2 undersand

t3h good wareio

*pffff*

PokeMarioGuy
October 11th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Heights. Seriously I'll usually get a bit scared ****-less. It's just being so high up, looking down at the ground below. Imagine falling. My fear had ruined roller coasters for me, but I've gotten better on that part. You know what, it's all pretty much what Darky said. Especially rejection. My self-esteem is too low for that.

GenoNyghtmare
October 11th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I'm afraid of stupid.

Knowing how little common sense is used by a great deal of people is seriously unnerving.

SSJ Ranulf
October 11th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Although it is rather childish, I fear darkness more then almost anything. If I was left in the middle of a large, dark room without any furniture, I would completely freeze and wait until I was rescued. I can't even bear to stare into a pitch-black room.

Sniper
October 11th, 2010, 11:10 PM
The dark. Plain and simple. Doesn't help I've seen Clovernoodle's HEAVY IS IDLER on Youtube. You see the Heavy stand there for 9 minutes straight, and then it happens at 5:00, in the middle of the vid, and the Soldier come out and- well, here's the vid. Lower the volume, and start anticipating the Soldier somewhere around the 4:55 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdrcxBL37pQ

Kioso
October 11th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I'm HORRIBLY afraid of screamers. (like the one posted above lol...although that wasn't as scary as the other ones I've seen) I've gotten some really bad nightmares from them...ugh...

I'm also afraid of the dark, but not as bad as I used to be. Like if my nightlights (yes I sleep with nightlights and I'm 19. what of it) go out, and for some reason I can't ask dad to get a lightbulb for them (no I don't know how to replace a lightbulb. yes, i'm stupid.) i'll just tough it out and sleep in the dark. owo

What I'm REALLY afraid of is like...making mistakes on forums or oekakis or the Internet in general. And throwing a fit in public (having SID tends to make controlling my temper really hard although I've gotten better at controlling it over the years but still)...I'm not paranoid, I'm really scared. Like the reason I barely post anywhere if I'm new, is because I'm seriously afraid I'll post in the wrong place and everyone will be like "wrong forum noob gtfo" or like "nobody cares what you think"

I'm afraid of getting teased or taunted at or whatever, because it's happened like all throughout my life so I'm scared of talking to anyone in public now. I barely speak to anyone who isn't my friend. ...Although on the Internet it's different. owo But yeah...

What sucks is if I do get yelled at or I do make a mistake I end up crying about it and feeling like crap for the next few days. Argh.

BUTYEAH um...I'm also afraid of spiders. /wimp
...And being home alone after midnight. I'm perfectly fine being home alone during the day, but at night? No thanks.

YamiGekusu
October 11th, 2010, 11:41 PM
-The fear of being alone.
-The fear of spiders
-The fear of horses
-The Fear

Aurelite
October 11th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Heights make me dizzy and nauseated. I don't fear falling from them as much as I do just looking down from one..
And I'm terrified of not being able to move. Let's just say that you'll have a damn hard time trying to breathe when such a scenario induces a panic attack.

... I also fear the things that may be in the dark. Horror movies ruined my childhood.

Kirbster
October 11th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Screamers,
Blood,
News Stories about murders,
Horror flicks,
Spiders,
Spirits,
Being outside past 9:00 PM,
My own shadow,
Foxes,
Lorikeets,
Smoke,
Eagles,
and Bats.

So as you can see, I'm the bravest person ever.

Sorablade2
October 12th, 2010, 12:35 AM
rats,
The dark(sortof),
Being alone,
Surprises,
the wellbing of my family,
Giygas,
Night in legend of zelda,
Skeletons,
People being posesed,
Weird noises,
and being outside in the dark

Hero123XYZ
October 12th, 2010, 12:52 AM
For me, its bugs, be it little, big, harmless or otherwise.

And also the moon from loz:mm

Plus gigyas

The Good Wario
October 12th, 2010, 05:36 AM

anyway, I'm scared of odd noises.
I swear when I hear a creak in my house my hair stands straight up, and I get the shivers.
My friend thinks this is funny. :(

I was just havin a little fun...

Gassy but good

The good wario

Unaniem
October 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM
There is nothing wrong with this. The female form is very easily done wrong by nature, and it creeps me out.

the thing that scared me is that it was a male :{

Curus
October 12th, 2010, 09:50 AM
the thing that scared me is that it was a male :{

Oh. (Heehee) Well, we still have mostly the same problem going on here.

Crabmaster
October 12th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Fear, being scared? Hm, I have hurt myself so often, fallen so much, been rejected by so many people (For the longest time till lately I had no friends and was bullied to the point I just wanted to die), I have seen so much bad happen in the world, and have known people who have gone through terrible times. Because of all that I have made the realization that fear/being scared only would make it worse, and because of that I train myself not to fear/be scared of stuff (I started doing this about 2-3 years ago).

I mean yes I have a SMALL arachnophobia, but it is so little I can handle some spiders without care of the fact it could bite me.

Curus
October 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I mean yes I have a SMALL arachnophobia, but it is so little I can handle some spiders without care of the fact it could bite me.

Then it's not arachnophobia! You're just scared of spiders a bit.

Why yes I shall reiterate this point as and when necessary.

MoonHitler
October 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Again, I have an irrational phobia of dogs. Not of them biting, or barking or being annoying, just dogs in general. No idea why, I just am.

Crabmaster
October 12th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Then it's not arachnophobia! You're just scared of spiders a bit.

Why yes I shall reiterate this point as and when necessary.

Well, the only thing is, I may be able to handle SOME spiders (5 or 6 types) but others you can tell I have a phobia of, because will I avoid, go away, not touch the thing they are on! Also some of the ones I will touch can be more harmful then others I wont touch. And the final thing is the fact that I know they are not bad/harmful, so it is very strange to me that I can't stand being around them.

The Good Wario
October 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I have a new phobia of repeating things. OH CRAP!

Gassy but scared

The Good wario

The Good Wario
October 12th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I have a new phobia of repeating things. OH CRAP!

Gassy but scared

The Good wario

LOL

Ala-Gold
October 12th, 2010, 02:36 PM
http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae45/Darrenb17/fearitselfspiders.jpg?t=1286912137
Yeah I'm not much of a fan of spiders. Small ones don't bother me to much, but the bigger ones...*shiver*

blackboo
October 12th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Rarely scared.
Although I'll easily fly of something.
I.E:Screaming Happy mask salesman in MM hack thing.

Spiders are nothing in Norway.Snakes are cute and doesn't appear in Norway.
Heights are creepy at times.

Giygas may make the night creepier.

Although I never actually believed these things could harm me.

Most "scary" video game things I've meet is just stress.

icbmdood
October 12th, 2010, 06:45 PM
The only things that scare me are creepy dolls (especially the ones in dead silence).

TheMightyBox
October 12th, 2010, 10:02 PM
http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae45/Darrenb17/fearitselfspiders.jpg?t=1286912137

My dad has a shirt like that, except it says bears not spiders.
I gotta go with death on this one.
Though, maybe I'm not truly afraid of dath, but rather what comes after.
Was I right? Was I wrong?
Did I live poorly, and will I be punished?
It's really quite terrifying.
Oh, and Giygas.