PDA

View Full Version : The Halloween and Holiday thread!

Rebel Vanguard
October 8th, 2010, 09:34 PM
As you all should know, the holidays are coming! Starting with Halloween this month, Thanksgiving the next, and Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanza/New Years in December!

So care to to tell us your plans for the holidays? Any interesting events? Christmas lists? Getting tired of Thanksgiving getting skipped over? Plan to have any new years resolutions to keep?

Post it here!

For me:

Halloween- I haven't really done anything super interesting for Halloween the past few years, but with the recent MSPA troll shirts coming out, I had an idea. Since I could totally pull off a Sollux (Since I am a gemini and I'm getting his shirt), I figured I could be him. The only think that I'd have any real difficulty getting are the horns, since I'm not artistic at all. Everything else is all good.

Thanksgiving- I'm not a big fan of Thanksgiving, but the only thing interesting I'll be doing is just spending it with my Godparents, and probably get dragged for some Black Friday shopping since for some reason people find it fun to shop in crowded places. Not exactly what I'd want to do, but I won't be able to say no really.

Christmas- Christmas should be pretty good this year, I do my best not to ask for anything, but I had to cave in this year. So far I'm getting a PSP Kingdom Hearts BBS bundle and a new phone, since my current phone is 3 years old and its starting to get a bit screwy. On top of that I'll most likely be getting money and candy, and probably white elephant gifts too (courtesty of Jry and his sister). On top of that we'll have a quiet christmas with no visitors, which I do love.

New Years- 2011 ahoy! This will probably be spent in a similar manner of Thanksgiving, with our godparents and silly dinners and candy tree building again. I can't see too much going on except that its always a good time on new years, I'm probably going to make up a new years resolution 5 minutes before the new year, so that'll be fun.

So now! Share your plans for the holidays!

Kirbster
October 8th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Halloween-I'm going to a party with mah buds! I'm going as Charlotte, while Annie goes as Vendetta, and my friend who really is Charlotte is going as a Christmas Tree, cause she didn't wanna join our Making Fiends theme. ;~;

Christmas - Just the usual, except my grandparents come for my sister graduation, and stay through Christmas! Break out the pointsettias!

New Years - My dad promised that we're gonna have a trip to Hawaii, so whee!

Zikki-Dee
October 8th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Well Out of all these holidays at the end, the only ones I Celebrate are Thanksgiving and New Years.

For Thanksgiving, I pray that all my family can get back together under the same roof, and cram our small house again. I almost never here from the ones that live away now. And I look forward to eating a delicious Turkey, because last year, we couldn't celebrate it, as it ran in with a more religious holiday. Then the next day, on black friday O.o my mom chooses t get a turkey and We couldn't find any...Sucks. Also, Not the whole family joined last year. I hope this month will be different

As for New Years, I aways end up not celebrating it because My family doesn't care too much about, and the ones that do are always out. Some of my friends invite me to their parties but I can never make it. And most of them would just spend it with their family anyway. New Years isn't even that big of a holiday so, I'm not surprised. I don't even do resolutions so I won't be surprised if it's a total flop. But i do hope i get to at least see fireworks. I haven't been to a firework show in years!

PokeMarioGuy
October 8th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Lessee...
I don't know about Halloween. Might go out with some friends and beg for candy. Either that or I'll try to convince my dad to put on a mask and hold a large knife and hide behind the bushes. Then just jump out and give those kids the best Halloween of their life.
Thanksgiving is the same every year, but I'm fine with that. Drive up to Pittsburgh where my entire family will gather in my grandmother's relatively small house to have some turkey and watch some football.
Christmas, I'll just stay home all day in my pajamas. We'll probably watch some movie my sister got on DVD, and I'll go off to play whatever games I got. My sister will come home for college, and my mom will have a heart attack because our pile of presents isn't big enough.
Oh the holidays.

JSG
October 8th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Halloween - I stopped dressing at 10. I dressed as really *belated* random things. I don't wear any costume anymore. Though I do want an Awesome Face mask. I just wear some pumpkin shirt and good to go. I don't go to houses anymore either, instead eat all the bowl candy. dB
Christmas - I open presents day before, I know what'll I get. I sign too.
New Years - Stay home, watch New Years Time Square countdown, the day I drink 10 gallons of soda (:D)
Thanksgiving - I'm thankfull soooooooo much. Also eat too much food.
Easter - Not much.
Independence Day - Iunno.

Jacio
October 8th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Im dressing as a hobo for Haloween! :D
As for Christmas, Im hoping that I get Super Scribblenauts and that new Lego 'Pictionary' Game, 'Creationary'.

ArtisticDuckie
October 8th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Halloween
I'm going to be Ronald McDonald.
I am going to stare at people in McDonald's and make them feel uncomfortable.

I've had weird assorted costumes anyway and I don't care how old I get, I'm still going trick-or-treating when I'm a senior lady or whatever
who said there had to be a cutoff age? :o

Pikmin-Rules
October 8th, 2010, 11:34 PM
oh boy holiday cluster****

In weird Canadaland Thanksgiving is in 2 days, so we have like turkeys and food at the house and stuff
It's like normal Thanksgiving but everything is covered in maple syrup but not really

Don't really have anything planned for Halloween, can't think of anything to dress up as and it doesn't seem worthwhile anyway.

For Christmas I'm going to get a pony and eat Santa Claus
but it's too early to be thinking about that kind of stuff anyway.

For New Years just stay up and watch stupid live countdowns on TV I guess
then complain and be sad because parents go to bed an hour before midnight

And other holidays
Yeah not much planned just doing things

Elfice
October 8th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Halloween: I'm wearing my shirt that I got in Florida last July that lights up in response to sound instead of a costume. Way cooler.

Thanksgiving: We're in a little of a family feud with my mom's family, which is the family that we do holidays with since my dad's family is all in Georgia

Christmas: I'm on the second draft of my list. I cut Kirby's Epic Yarn (since I'm getting that on release date) and added Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, among other things, since the last, and also first, version. Those were the big things, though.

YamiGekusu
October 8th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Halloween- I'm probably gonna dress up as Luigi, minus the green hat (because I don't have a green hat :( )

Thanksgiving- The only time of the year where I get to dip turkey shreds into soy sauce. It's really good.

Christmas- I don't really celebrate xmas, but I do usually have a family gathering at my grandparents' place. Or just sit around playing video games.

New Years- I'll kinda be happy. I hope I have a job by then and I buy some of my own ****. Seriously. And I have more than eight months or so before I can drink alcohol legally so yeah. And I'll feel old.

AuraKnight
October 9th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Halloween - seeing as our school's having a Halloween-based social this year, I actually get to celebrate it for once. What I'm going to dress up as is anyone's guess.

Thanksgiving - I'm not American, so I don't see what I have to be thankful for. The brits dumping my ancestors on the other side of the world?

Christmas - Had a good Christmas last year, and hopefully the cash flow will start rushing around this time with my hopeful job and the like, it should be as good this year. It's also good to get together with family.

New Years - Might stay up, might ignore it completely. Always varies, I don't think of it as a fixed holiday.

Sonic
October 9th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Halloween: I'm too old for trick-or-treating anymore but I'll find some way to obtain massive amounts of candy and carve an awesome pumpkin like this one (http://i52.tinypic.com/10crbwo.jpg) I did last year and I'll probably do something with my friends idk

Thanksgiving: I don't really know actually, either going to some relatives' place or staying home, or both, and eating turkey and etc.

Christmas: Colorsssssssssssssssssssssss and maybe some other games and stuff

New Years: Staying up until midnight and fireworks and uhhh insert other things here

I now realize that I don't really plan ahead for holidays very much I should do that more

I've had weird assorted costumes anyway and I don't care how old I get, I'm still going trick-or-treating when I'm a senior lady or whatever
who said there had to be a cutoff age? :o

if there was no cutoff age then everyone would go trick-or-treating and no one would give out candy and no one would get any candy omg

think of the children ; -;

ThatFellow
October 9th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Halloween - Might go to something in my Star Trek costume with the phaser 'n everything.

Bonfire Night (Thanksgiving = American. We Brits like to BURN THINGS!) - Dunno. I can just imagine the University's fire alarms being set off constantly.

Christmas - Going home for a few weeks, should be good.

New Years - Still at home, doing nuthin'.

... It's a bit crap when you think about it. :P

But my apartment has a big balcony, chances are I'll buy some pumpkins and a Christmas Tree. Make the most of it, y'know.

vaporchu
October 9th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Halloween: I've joked about dressing as Shaggy, but I might do this anyways. It's rather simple...I have a green shirt and some brown pants, I have the required facial hair(though I need to shave it a bit!), and I can probably pick up a Scooby Doo doll somewhere. After that, all I need to do is dye my hair brown, although I could probably get away with my natural hair color(I'm a red head, if you're wondering).

Thanksgiving: Same as usual, gonna go eat at my Grandma's house. Looking forward to this, as it'll probably be about the third time I've seen her since she got back from her year long stay in California. And her cooking is good.

Christmas: I have the basic gist of what I want. Just some games and stuff....plus the obligatory stocking full of candy. Man, it's already been almost a year? I think I downloaded Super Metroid last year...and only played it twice! I need to get busy on that.

Piemaster
October 9th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Thanksgiving (we Canadians have it before Halloween, for those Americans who don't know) - Having a dinner with my mom, sister, uncle and cousin. My dad is working on Thanksgiving :/

Halloween - 14, still gonna go trick or treating. FREE CANDY PEOPLE!!!!!! FREE... CANDY!!!!

Christmas - Same old, same old. Get presents, give presents, nice dinner, get presents, give presents

New Years - probably same as usual, stay up till midnight waiting for the countdown on T.V

ArtisticDuckie
October 9th, 2010, 01:03 PM
think of the children ; -;
fine, I'll wait until I have children and then I'll go trick-or-treating with them
and we will have the best costumes because we'll be made of pure magic

and we will dominate your neighborhood and get more candy than you ever got in your life
or something

EDIT: I dressed as an old lady once
and I went trick or treating in an old people neighborhood on accident

for some reason that year I barely got any candy

Curus
October 9th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Nnnnnnnf, Halloweeeeeeeen

I simply must do something. Gotsta terrify!
Luckily, I think we're having a bit of a costumed do near to the date. I am going to work on my costume. I will force myself to work on my costume. ...When I get back to my accomodation.

Darky
October 9th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Halloween is dum. Why should I give ugly, sweaty kids free sweets when all they do is put on a pair of stupid fangs and an old cape?
Now Bonfire Night is where it's at. I love watching and hearing the fireworks. But I'm not going anywhere for it, because Bonfire Night is an opportune times for thieves as so many people leave their houses.
Christmas is so much fun, can't wait for it this year. :3c

Curus
October 9th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Halloween is dum. Why should I give ugly, sweaty kids free sweets when all they do is put on a pair of stupid fangs and an old cape?

Simple: Give stuff to kids who make effort. Board up windows.
HARDCORE BONUS: Punish uncostumed teenagers with Halloween-y tricks. Leave country.

Kage
October 18th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Halloween: I'll probably wear either a maid costume or my fortune teller getup from last year because I love that costume to pieces.
Thanksgiving: I'll spend it with my cousins like I do every single year.
Christmas: No idea. Maybe I'll finally get a phone or a drawing tablet. And hopefully some more Sharpies. I've practically got a Sharpie graveyard in my room.
New Years: Again, spend it with my cousins. We'll stay up late and try to find a channel that has Doctor Who, Sherlock, or any film we enjoy.

Hydreigon
October 18th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Simple: Give stuff to kids who make effort. Board up windows.
HARDCORE BONUS: Punish uncostumed teenagers with Halloween-y tricks. Leave country.
Love this idea, especially the latter. >:D

Anyway, I have been doing Halloween longer than I can remember, and I think I have done a costume every year so far. Unfortunately, many people in my neighborhood do not celebrate Halloween for "religious reasons", and I seriously do not understand why (blasted southern weirdos, probably I would go into more detail, but I really do not want this to turn into a political debate thread). I still am not sure what I will be for Halloween this year, and I do not want this year to possibly be the first year I do not dress up at all. Last year I made a bit of a makeshift Meta Knight costume, but I do not want to use it again this year as I do something different every year (and I nearly fainted last year due to the social anxiety I gave myself from wearing it to a Girl Scout event D:).