Page 3 of 102 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda

You'll eat 'til you're full! Then you'll eat 'til you burst! Then you'll eat some more! Gun's Avatar

Re: Legend of Zelda

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFellowWithTheHat View Post
    EDIT:
    "Aonuma is quickly back onto Ocarina on 3DS, saying that it should make some of the tougher parts of the game easier; the Water Temple, for example, because with the touch-screen things like changing boots are a lot quicker and easier."

Didn't you just say you weren't developing it!? :P
    note how they never said they weren't making it

all that was said was that it was a tech demo at the moment

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

Yeah but the matter is made even more confusing by this (a better version of the briefing), which states it as "He says the 3DS version will make this process much easier.". I'm gonna go with "They are making Ocarina of Time 3DS, maybe not Starfox 3DS", for now at least.

Oh and "changing clothes much easier and more streamlined.", basically meaning tunics will be changed and all that again.

And you just can't beat this bit- "He asked if the images of the evolution of the Zelda series in the trailer has to do with the story."
    "Answer: No."

Anyway, this new info from this bit also tells us that the sword is intelligent, greatly hinting at that woman from the concept art making a return.

...No one seems to have really called attention to this yet, but they brought back sword beams.

SWORD BEAMS GUYS SWORD BEAMS~

We haven't really had those in a 3-D game yet, have we.

Not really, unless you count the Fierce Deity's sword beams... which you could only use in boss fights anyway. And Fierce Deity was overpowered without the sword beams to begin with. So it doesn't really count.

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Pluses here -

Running. No more rolling around to move fast!

Sword Beams are back!

Remote control beetles. W00t!

Whip. Now I'm going to need to start spouting 'Raiders of the Lost Arc' quotes whenever I use it. "Don't worry, this quest is being handled by top men!"

Nice-looking graphics.

Swordplay requires far more skill, it's not ATTACKATTACKATTACK! It's more strategic now.

The only thing I can see going wrong is the Item Selection - I wanted them to keep button-assignment. That way I can easily use my whip to stun the Bokoblin, and attack. Or use the whip then bow within seconds of each other. I hope that lock-on shooting stays constant with the Bow and Sling Shot, so that we can get back while shooting a horde of charging Bokoblin.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

theyre remaking ocarina for 3DS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? i have a reason to by new versions of the DS!!!

i was disapointed with the fact of the DSi not having a GBA slot. so i have no real drive to get it.
    but i am getting the 3DS!!!!
    I was going to put something useful and worthwhile here but.......I got lazy.

An idea just popped into my head and now I'm pretty sure it's going to be in the game.

Bombchu Bowling minigame using WiiMotion+. Yup. Called it here first. Now all we have to do is wait a year or so to see if I'm right.

Oooh, Nintendo has stuck Ocarina of Time 3DS on the "Other Games" portion of the E3 site so yeah.

It also gives me a chance to pour over the screenshots in detail! First up, Ocarina of Time 3DS. Bear in mind I've never completed OoT so I may be a bit hazy when comparing certain things.

- A tuft of grass on the title screen. T'wasn't there before.
    - The shadows don't seem to be dynamic (they're just black blobs under the models), but that's kinda to be expected.
    - The textures are less muddy and appear similar to Wind Waker's cell shaded graphics.
    - LENS FLARE. Pretty prominent lens flare. Dunno how that works in 3D.
    - Oddly enough, it's adult Link, but the sky seems nice and peaceful, 'specially over Death Mountain. Hmm.
    - Castle Town is fully 3D whilst on Hyrule Field. If I recall correctly, it was a 2D image in the original before you entered it, and even then it wasn't rendered in 3D (I think, didn't it use the FFVII technique of 3D models on a big texture? I don't know the terminology...). Perhaps the towns are connected to the main map without the need for transitions and everything is a 3D model this time?

Now for Skyward Sword...
    - The Rupees look a bit different.
    - The whip has a skull on it, makes me thing it'll be obtained from an enemy at some point.
    - I THINK there are Majora's Mask style Chu Chus.
    - The Triforce is on the Master Sword's sheath. Considering it ISN'T the Master Sword at this point... Hmm... Could... The sky be the place of the Goddesses themselves?
    - Enemy weaponary is very Wind Waker esque- with jagged shapes and skull motifs.
    - A BIG OL' TREE. Which doesn't have a face. Aw.

EDIT: Oh and

Ever since someone said "He retracts his sword too quickly", I've never been able to unsee it. Seeing the length of the blade, it should cut the sheath in half. :P
    Last edited by ThatFellow; June 16th, 2010 at 06:43 PM.

- The whip has a skull on it, makes me thing it'll be obtained from an enemy at some point.
    - I THINK there are Majora's Mask style Chu Chus.
    - Enemy weaponary is very Wind Waker esque- with jagged shapes and skull motifs.
    The only things that really interested me, I'm really digging this game so far. Can't wait for 2011 to roll around, so I can get my hands on it.
    http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/kazooienut/Starmansig.png
    Check out my CYOA, Tanks and Witches! I mean who doesn't want to try a CYOA where you can get blown up by a Panzer AND a Pyro-Witch?

im some what reluctant to get Skyward Sword. i sucked at twilight princess wii(could never beat sub-boss to fire temple)
    so im not really in high hopes of this game. looks cool though.

Well the Ocarina of Time images have been taken down by Nintendo. They obviously realised their blunder. I bet it was gonna be one of their surprise reveals as well... I feel a bit bad now, imagine hearing "OCARINA OF TIME ON 3DS" in about a month or so. That'd rekindle any interest (as if it's gonna die down, that is).
    Maybe they're realizing that fans are getting all hyped up and anticipating over something that's just a tech demo, and an off-hand remark made by Miyamoto about possibly developing it further. (He really makes too many of 'dem 'dere comments, it seems.)

But, yeah. Skyward Sword has been the pinnacle of e3 2010 for me. THIS sort of style is what I've wanted to see in Zelda all this time. This is what makes me think "Zelda"; not cutesy deformities nor saturated attempts at realism. The world, as little as I've seen of it, looks like a place I want to explore, perhaps even moreso than any other entry in the series. The new items, new controls, and RUNNING (I was getting sick of rolling, there), among other things, make it seem fresh, new, and filled with discovery... and really, discovery is what Zelda should be all about.

I can only hope the control scheme doesn't disappoint, and that they don't pull a TP and cut out all the awesome beta stuff we've seen in these screenshots and trailers. (I mean really, where the fudge are my giant walking tree-men, Goron Golems, awesome underwater caverns, and all that.)

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

when i told mah step bro about skyward sword's tp/ww style graphics, he said he was gonna have to kill somebody. he hates windwaker, phantom hourglass, and spirit tracks so much its not even funny. i told him to give it a chance. he said he played windwaker for five minutes then put the controller down. i told him that the games are really awesome. he says they ruined zelda by having cartoons. so i countered with the fact that all the games are cartoonish, but OoT, MM, TP look realistic. he then said that he hates the cell shaded graphics.

he also dislikes OoT coming out for the 3DS. he really needs to give the games a chance.

Ocarina of Time 3DS is pretty much confirmed now, as shown by this interview done by IGN with Aonuma.

Key bit relating to OoT 3DS-
    "Now, with 3D, we're able to take the environments of Hyrule and add depth -- giving them a more expansive feeling, a more immersive feeling. In addition to that, now that we have the 3D we can looking forward to new ways to implement 3D into the gameplay and make it fresh and new. And we also have the motion sensors that are built-in to the Nintendo 3DS. So we're looking at quite a few ways to make the gameplay more immersive, more natural, more accessible. So again, not just a port -- but a retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it."

Skyward Sword-
    "I've discussed with Mr. Miyamoto, "are we going to do orchestration?" and mulled it over for a while. We got here to E3 and still didn't have an answer, so last night in the roundtable when the question came up, Mr. Miyamoto just said "I guess we're going to have to." And I said "We can? We can do it, really?" But, to be honest, I haven't had the chance to sit with him and get the OK on that. So, to be honest, I don't know either. He might tell me he was just joking around later"

"One of the things I would have loved to have shown -- and something we actually have ready -- is more of the dungeon elements. You know, where you have to solve puzzles to move from room to room or advance to the next part of the level. That's something that's very Zelda-esque and something we do have ready, but we wanted to focus on the sword interaction and the fighting sequences here at E3. Most of what you're seeing in this demo will appear in-game. We wanted to concentrate on that seemless interaction of switching items and switching to your sword and didn't want to break that up by introducing puzzle elements. But yeah, that is one thing I would have liked to have shown here."

"We just hope that people will play it right-handed." - No left handed option.

And on the prospect of another multiplayer Zelda...
    "Absolutely. There's always the possibility of that coming back and taking center stage. Multi-play, online play -- I'm always think about how we could take that and re-envision it. It's in my mind a lot. I'm looking forward to the day when we can do that and present it to everyone. I don't have a plan or a definite timeline. But am I thinking about it? Absolutely."

and coolness-
    "IGN: Well, I will say that you can't be too obsessed with Link and Zelda, since you're wearing a Kirby shirt."

"IGN: I played the tech demo that took classic NES games and made them 3D. I don't know if they're ever going to take that further, but it was a neat idea."

Never heard about that till now.

Oh and Toon Link is now a canonical name it seems. I thought it was just gonna be used to differenciate in Smash Bros at first. Huh.
    Last edited by ThatFellow; June 17th, 2010 at 02:18 PM.

Definitely looking forward to Skyward Sword, here. When Twilight Princess came out, I was somewhat disappointed in the art direction/style because of how saturated it was. However, that seems to have been remedied with Skyward Sword, which looks like it combines element of both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. I prefer my world with colour, thank you very much.

In terms of gameplay, I was originally distraught after seeing the Wii controls during the press conference, but I'm glad that apparently it was just wireless interference; previews since the press conference have been overwhelmingly positive, so I feel I can put most of my doubts to rest. Having to slash vertically or horizontally in a way reminds me of how you can fight either high or low in No More Heroes, but it looks like Nintendo will be fleshing out the combat more than No More Heroes ever did.

I would love to learn more about the story, particularly about the sword and its connection to the female-looking figure, but I guess that's just for another day.

Awesome McAwesome Spriter vaporchu's Avatar

TFWTH, fix the link. I see no interview.

Sweetness, 3D NES games? I really hope they take that concept further. It just has all kinds of awesome written on it.

And Panda, I believe the word you are looking for is desaturated. When something has saturated colors, they are bright and vibrant. Desaturated colors are, well, the opposite(like TP was).

Ah, crap I guess I didn't catch the typo when I was typing; unsaturated is indeed what I meant.

Ah, fixed the link.

I was an idiot and forgot to paste it in. :P

I'm still curious about the girl from the concept art however. I'm guessing she's either a goddess in the skies who forges the sword, the sword itself, or some unrelated person to the whole thing put there to confuse us. :P

Oh and I'm replaying Wind Waker (well, aiming to complete it for the first time), but I've forgotten where the iron boots are, heh. I know they're in the ice thing, I just forgot where the ice thing is.

The ice thing is... in the ocean somewhere. You know, that's where everything is , I know, but... Uh. How else would you explain it?

I used the internet and discovered it is at "F 5"

So yeah.

Anyways, I just rewatched the Skyward Sword trailer, and it seems like Death Mountain is back (01:20 if you want to see it yourself). I say this because it looks like it has smoke billowing out of the top, meaning it is probably a volcano.

Also, back to the subject of Ocarina of Time 3DS, and it's updated graphics, locations, items, motion controls, 3D and the like, you can see in the title screen screenshot that they've put a bush of grass in order to amplify the 3D effect. So yeah.

But more importantly, we won't be seeing THIS anymore.

Hopefully, at least.

What the heck is that, A Rito exotic dancer?????

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

I think she's Ganondorf's long-lost and forgotton twin sister who was locked up in the attic for most of her life. :P Zilch interaction with other people for such a long time will change ya.....and give you pointy breasts.

Those fairies were so darned scary.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningMithril View Post
    What the heck is that, A Rito exotic dancer?????
    Apparently someone hasn't played Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask.

It's the Great Fairy, and apparently quite infamous among Zelda fans. I still don't really understand what's quite that horrible about the design, though I'll admit it isn't great.

Show me ya moves: 0877-0665-3997

Maybe the fairy will be made even MORE scary because she'll be coming up right into your face in 3D!

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

I think the 3DS polycount is better, so at least she won't be so jagged as she was in OoT(like her chest?).

Though I guess they've been improving upon their "beautiful fairy" designs since OoT(I recall a Goron outside the first accessable Fairy Fountain in the game saying that she was supposedly "very beautiful"), hopefully seeing that they don't screw this one up.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

....That's a fairy?

Sweet mother of firewalls, they sure have come a long way.

Thread Information