Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

Re: Legend of Zelda

Quote Originally Posted by BurningMithril View Post
    Just think about my sig with a pink-haired Link. Tell me that wouldn't be frightening with that guy flying at you.
    i laughed. a lot. i would be scared if i was in that position, but since i'm not... *laughs some more*
    Spoiler: Quotes 

hey, penguin: he definitley wasn't white. was he mexican? filipino(spell check PLZ!!)? or maybe just really tan?

EDIT: is anyone gonna post? it seems like there has been nobody......
    Last edited by blue; May 20th, 2010 at 09:13 AM.
    I was going to put something useful and worthwhile here but.......I got lazy.

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

Seeing as this thread is likely to be the Zelda Wii discussion thread, I figure I should post this here- A RUMOURED leak of the first page of the Zelda Wii E3 speech.

Read the main points here.

Remember, this is just a rumour at this stage, it may be all false, but even still, it makes a good discussion to get everyone in the mood for Zelda Wii.

Personally, I'm intrigued by both the apparent name and timeline placement. Effectively, this COULD be the first game in the entire series. Heck, pretty much the only confirmed information we have is that "The fact Link does not have a sword in the image IS VERY IMPORTANT", which kinda makes it pretty clear that the sword itself is gonna be vital in some way, and if it's the origin of the Master Sword, that's as good a plot basis as any. Although if I recall correctly, the original LoZ and Zelda 2 did not have the Master Sword, so yeah... Hmm.

So yeah, discuss, and remember, IT IS BUT A RUMOUR AT THIS STAGE.

WE SHALL SEE ON TUESDAY IF IT IS TRUE.

Why does every new Zelda game want to be the first in the timeline.

All right, so, uh, things.

First dungeon is an ice level
    - Kay what? That's a definite first. Kind of tricky for a first level, too, given the typical things-slide-around premise of ice levels. Or maybe it's Ice Age Hyrule, idk.

Difficulty levels
    - Darn, how am I supposed to just CHOOSE one? I mean, I am good at Zelda, but I doubt my gamer skills in general. I guess I'll just play both? Still wouldn't solve the problem of which to play through first, though. Also, what is a Super Guide? --Still, this is one of the more likely things, I think, just because I seem to recall hearing that this was a possibility several times. Lots of games do difficulty things, makes sense Zelda would get in on the craze.

Hookshot
    - Now that is interesting. The grappling hook combo makes sense. I'm getting the impression that this'll work kinda like Samus' grapple in Prime 3, though. Thoughts?

Drawing symbols
    - Ew, PH all over again? It makes sense for the DS, but really, now... I'll put in Okami if I want to doodle stuffs.

No subtitle
    - ...What. There is ALREADY a Legend of Zelda, why do we need two, OMG, what. This is what makes me think that the information, or at least a lot of it, is bogus. I mean seriously. Even remakes usually have something in the title to distinguish them. And would the lack of subtitle hint that this is the ultimate, quintessential Zelda experience? Hmm. Though, admittedly, a Zelda I remake...that would be pretty sweet. I would get in on that, definitely.

Master Sword origin would be interesting. Though...OoT was pretty much Ganon's origin, so if we're set before then... no Ganon? Then why was the Master Sword made in the first place?

Anywho, that's all the speculation I'm willing to put forth without concrete confirmation.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Also, what is a Super Guide?
    It was first used in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I think, if you die too many times on a level, someone or something will come along to help you get past the tricky part. In Galaxy 2 Mario was effectively mind controlled and led to the star, but the star itself was bronze so it could SHAME YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY. Or until you got it yourself. I'm guessing it'll be the same with the Zelda Wii super guide, as Link'll avoid treasure chests and the like or something. The Super Guide is pretty much definite at this point too, but I dunno if it will be the same as in the rumour here.

Also, the drawing probably wouldn't be that bad. If anything it could be something to make you pay attention or something :P But yeah, it isn't exactly neccessary. Unless that's what keys are this time around. Magic paintbrushes.

As for why the Master Sword was made... Either a prophesy, or Ganonpa, Ganon's grandad. :P But yeah, that's a genuinely good reason to question this rumour.

And the title... I'm fine with it, actually. There's some sort of finality about it, and if it features the first ever Princess Zelda, that could mean it is the first literal "Legend of Zelda". Plus it would tie it in to Zelda II.

Ah, that's it. Definitely not choosing that one, then. Half the fun of Zelda is breaking your brain over the puzzles, and I'm generally skilled with the Zelda-style of battle, particularly in the 3-D games.

Magic paintbrush keys. Heh. Mostly I just feel that drawing fits the DS better and should stay on that. Stylus is close enough to a pen to work, but drawing with a Wiimote is like drawing with a mouse. Accuracy won't have to be perfect, but still. It just seems like an unnecessary gimmick, that's all. The DS games were very obvious about "write this down, you'll need it later!" and I dislike that. That one is one of the most rumorlike of the points, so who knows, it might not even be true. *crosses fingers*

Tie-in to Zelda II would be pretty neat. I suppose that could conceivably make Dark Link the bad guy if it's pre-Ganon. Could be interesting.

...E3, hurry up and show up so I can have actual things to speculate about.

No subtitle annoy me too.

Hey, Nintendo. If this is really true... just call it "The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Origin". There ya go, subtitle. Please?

...I'm hoping it's not true just because of that, quite honestly. I also found it stupid that Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 was named as it was.

You'll eat 'til you're full! Then you'll eat 'til you burst! Then you'll eat some more! Gun's Avatar

Are dungeons sort of...gradual then? Like, you just end up in them without realising or something?

Seems an interesting way to do things, but it makes me feel like the game will end up on rails or something...

The rumours are true. Kinda. Maybe.

T'is intriguing, ain't it?

Personally, I'm rather fond of what has been revealled. The only problems that do exist so far in these semi-rumours are the drawing (which could serve a plot purpose) and the lack of subtitles (which, again, could be due to the plot). So yeah, I'm not gonna criticise anything yet. Besides, it could be false anyways.

As for linearity, isn't that effectively the case with all Zelda titles? Sure there was some exploration and side quests but if anything, gradual dungeons would probably be more "free" than "go from the grass dungeon to the fire dungeon then the water dungeon", but yeah, we shall have to wait.

I'm actually looking forward to this Zelda, I like the gradual and smooth transitions to dungeons. Makes is a lot better, then that go to Fire, then Water, then Spirit temple hur hur hur. We've been getting for the last 20+ years.
    http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/kazooienut/Starmansig.png
    Check out my CYOA, Tanks and Witches! I mean who doesn't want to try a CYOA where you can get blown up by a Panzer AND a Pyro-Witch?

The thing with the title reminds me of Sonic '06, though why Nintendo would want that association is beyond me. However, if it is supposed to be like a reimagining of the series it might make sense. They did say there were going to be changes to the formula. As for the Master Sword, it was forged at the command of the Goddesses to be a failsafe for the Triforce, IIRC. Like, countering it if it was used for evil and keeping just anyone from getting it. I think it was in ALttP's manual Hookshot sounds cool, combining two items into one.

Overall, I'm pretty exhited. We'll know soon enough.

I just researched the Master Sword's origins and Scen is right, it is pretty much "the blade of evil's bane", nothing more really. Although the same game makes it clear that the blood of some Knight is required to retrieve the sword, which kinda means all Links that have ever used the Master Sword are descended from one and other.

And if this remains true to this day, the new game could feature Link as a Knight... That would be pretty cool, actually. It would be a little different than "A kid from some isolated area rises up to become a hero", anyway.

Oh and according to the ending of ALttP, the Master Sword was never used ever again, so the new game won't be a sequel to that game. Unless we're on the wrong track and it isn't the Master Sword at all.

Oh and...

Seeing as the discussion of the game has been relocated here, let's start off with this...

A far better representation of the demo without all that interference jazz.

It looks MUCH better. The sword play looks fantastic, the bomb throwing too. It doesn't look all that strenuous either. Very good!

As for the graphical style- I REALLY wanted something like this. Twilight Princess, despite being a jolly good game in it's own right, had a dull and bleak graphical style, and worst of all, it was unmemorable after the timeless Wind Waker. And now they've meshed the two together, it's just fantastic- the superior game design of Twilight Princess meets the superior graphics of Wind Waker.

Assuming it has a story better than both of 'em combined, this COULD be the best Zelda game ever made.

Hmm.

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

It. Has. Running.

Sold.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Hey guys, what starts with Ocarina of Time and Ends with Remake for the 3DS? Oh that's right, Ocarina of Time confirmed to get remade for the 3DS;
    http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9033963

Can this day get any better, for us Zelda fans?
    http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb314/kazooienut/Starmansig.png
    Check out my CYOA, Tanks and Witches! I mean who doesn't want to try a CYOA where you can get blown up by a Panzer AND a Pyro-Witch?

... Seriously?

... Nintendo, stop being awesome.

And look, LINK DOESN'T LOOK SILLY NOW! :D

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

Meh. I prefer realism to cel-shading. I won't deny that WW had lovely graphics but I preferred TP's style. Although it has to be said, I think I like this way more than a realistic Toon Link, which would be really quite creepy.

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Stop being awesome? Are you insane? They have yet to cast their magic upon F-Zero.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

But anymore and I'll get a heart attack

And finding the Zelda images is INCREDIBLY easy.

http://e3.nintendo.com/images/ctr/ot...es/zelda/0.png

That. Just change the "zelda" part and see if you can find anything else. :P

Huh....... I don't know how that will end out....... Nintendo got a lot better today though, 3ds TLOZOT, And Kirby's Epic Yarn being announced...... (For real!http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/foru...5974#post45974 )

Well the Ocarina of Time images have been taken down by Nintendo. They obviously realised their blunder. I bet it was gonna be one of their surprise reveals as well... I feel a bit bad now, imagine hearing "OCARINA OF TIME ON 3DS" in about a month or so. That'd rekindle any interest (as if it's gonna die down, that is).

Well anyway, chances are there are more games on the way since they plan on updating the main site everyday. Chances are this won't involve another Zelda game...

Unless this Ocarina of Time port features Majora's Mask as well.

Actually a "Zelda 64 two-games-in-one Majora and Ocarina 3DS Extravaganza" release would be pretty cool. Especially if that was its official name.

Hey look Kotaku is getting some info on Skyward Sword's plot.

" Aonuma says that the scene which concludes the trailer, in which Link leaps off a cliff into a sea of clouds, is an important story point. Instead of being raised in a village on the ground, he's been brought up in a town called Skyloft, which is a floating island.

- He's lived his life in the clouds, and has only recently "discovered" the land below, which he finds has been overrun with evil forces. You spend the game going back and forth between these two regions: Skyloft, and the ground below.

- The "Skyward Sword" you see in the trailer and screenshots eventually becomes the Master Sword."

I'll edit this post as it goes on.

EDIT:
    "Aonuma is quickly back onto Ocarina on 3DS, saying that it should make some of the tougher parts of the game easier; the Water Temple, for example, because with the touch-screen things like changing boots are a lot quicker and easier."

Didn't you just say you weren't developing it!? :P

EDIT:
    "- Now back to Skyward Sword; Aonuma says that the final version of the game will ship with support for both MotionPlus and the sensor bar, so that things like archery can be as accurate as possible (similar to how Red Steel 2 was able to ensure the game never "lost you" if you stopped pointing the Wii Remote at the screen)."

EDIT:
    "The HUD we've seen in Skyward Swords can be switched off if you think it clutters things up too much."

ooh, I was hoping for that.

EDIT:
    "- Mario Galaxy 2 had a big, thunderous orchestral soundtrack. Will Skyward follow suit? Miyamoto says Nintendo couldn't do what it did with Galaxy 2 and not do the same with the next Zelda."

ORCHESTRATED!

EDIT:
    "According to Miyamoto, the majority of the development team responsible for Spirit Tracks is now doing the heavy lifting on Skyward Sword."

I personally liked Spirit Tracks so woo! And I assume by "now" he means they weren't doing it before, so chances are they're just doing the aesthetics.

EDIT: And that's a wrap, I'll delete this and repost it so people know it's over and can begin their discussions.

This whole "lived in the clouds" thing is interesting...and immediately reminds me of the Oocca from TP. I wonder, will they feature? It always seemed like there would be something more to them in TP. I was rather disappointed that their city was just a dungeon with a lot of Oocca wandering around, rather than a little town bit with a dungeon attached.

Thread Information