Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102
Results 2,526 to 2,544 of 2544

Thread: Legend of Zelda

-Find the Clock Tower- Puzzle044's Avatar

Re: Legend of Zelda

I am definitely really excited.
    As someone who loves the element of exploring, this looks amazing!
    Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

Clobberin Monster The Kirbinator's Avatar

In fact, it would be possible for the player to go fight the final boss (and hopefully win) right after the opening scene of the game. However, it is not recommended, as the player would miss very much the entire story, as well as being woefully unequipped. This would present a challenge for those who do speedruns (100% speedruns would take at least 24 hours to do even for the 100% record).
    Spoiler: See my plush Kirby toy with wizard hat 
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!
    Nintendo Network: The_Kirbinator

Cuttable grass? Breakable pots? Sold! lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Kirbinator View Post
    In fact, it would be possible for the player to go fight the final boss (and hopefully win) right after the opening scene of the game. However, it is not recommended, as the player would miss very much the entire story, as well as being woefully unequipped. This would present a challenge for those who do speedruns (100% speedruns would take at least 24 hours to do even for the 100% record).
    Agreed. Magnesis looks like too much fun to pass up. So does shield-surfing.

So. Walls can be climbed. Things can be hidden underwater. Trees can be chopped down. Grass can be burnt. So with all this, I have just one question...

How are they gonna keep you from going off the edge of the map? Cliffs too tall to climb even with a full inventory of stamina potions? Some unavoidable hazard? Invisible walls?

I wanna give shield-surfing a try. I wanna roll boulders down things. I wanna find out what all the ores do. I wanna find all the recipes. I wanna blow up bokoblins with their own bomb barrels. Heck, I might wanna try a naked run, just because. I wanna try a deforestation run, just because. I wanna glide from the highest peak with all the stamina potions and see where I land.

I wanna try...

EVERYTHING.

You can't use stamina potions while climbing, swimming, gliding, or surfing and stamina is the only thing that would prevent Link from reaching the end of the game world, even with an infinite supply of stamina potions.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

what do you mean stamina potions cant be used while climbing? they showed someone use a stamina potion mid jump while climbing as they were about to run out of stamina

Quote Originally Posted by astroninja1 View Post
    what do you mean stamina potions cant be used while climbing? they showed someone use a stamina potion mid jump while climbing as they were about to run out of stamina
    There is still a limit regardless. Doing so mid-jump is not the same as doing it while in the middle of climbing.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings. ZORK's Avatar

Yeah, but can't you actually jump while climbing, drink the potion while in mid-jump, and then continue to climb up? Because that way, you could climb very, very high up.

I'd guess they go with some sort of invisible wall, as they did in Wind Waker or Xenoblade Chronicles X (to name another Open World game).

Anyways, I'm also super-excited for BotW. My only gripe is currently that Link isn't left-handed (I'm a lefty myself, and there aren't many other left-handed videogame characters which are as known as Link), but it's an admittedly minor gripe.

However, should it turn out that Link will be left-handed in the NX version of the game...
    I know that I know nothing.
    Ich weiss, dass ich nichts weiss.

actually WW didnt use invisible walls. it was the King of Red Lions saying you couldn't go any farther and turning you around

Quote Originally Posted by ZORK View Post
    Yeah, but can't you actually jump while climbing, drink the potion while in mid-jump, and then continue to climb up? Because that way, you could climb very, very high up.

I'd guess they go with some sort of invisible wall, as they did in Wind Waker or Xenoblade Chronicles X (to name another Open World game).
    Bingo.

I wanna see if you can use the axe to chop down the wooden towers in the bokoblin camps. I wonder if they have a contingency for that, in case you chop down the tower the chest spawns on. It'd be kinda disappointing if you couldn't.

Ooh! Can you set it on fire?! I love having options!

I'm wondering what the speedrun records are gonna be like. "Any% Completion: 00:19:44. 100% Completion: 15:42:01."

actually WW didnt use invisible walls. it was the King of Red Lions saying you couldn't go any farther and turning you around
    Well, okay, it's not really a invisible wall, but from a mere gameplay perspective, the King of Red Lions preventing you from going any further works like one.

Though that does make me wonder... assuming you use a cheat giving you infinite swimming stamina in Wind Waker, how far could you get without your trusty boat?

And how did Skyward Sword handled the bold idea of flying off the map?

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

I saw some people online theorize that there could be huge seas that make up the border. And if you try to swim into one you drown pretty quickly. That seems kind of unliely though, because that would mean the entire game world is surrounded by water.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post

I'm wondering what the speedrun records are gonna be like. "Any% Completion: 00:19:44. 100% Completion: 15:42:01."
    Any%: 10 minutes. 100% 5 days

Some time ago, YouTubers PeanutButterGamer and Game Theory's MatPat made a collab video about the top 8 most useless Zelda items. Their list had the Deku Nuts, the meat from Zelda 1, the Phantom Hourglass, Wallets, Aryll's Telescope, the Fairy Ocarina, the Giant's Knife, and the Magic Armor (see also: wallets).

But with Twilight Princess HD, I've found an even more useless item:

So you're running around in Twilight Princess HD, you come to the room where the Boss Key is hidden, and you're like, "there's this little cave down here in the water. It had a chest with money in it in the original, so I'm gonna go grab that right now". So you hop into the water, you swim into the little grotto, you open up the chest, and you find...

A stamp.

One that can only be used to put images in Miiverse posts.

Well that's annoying.

What's more annoying? There's FORTY-NINE of these bloody things! Some of them are in chests that used to contain money, so that 100-Rupee chest you worked so hard to get? Stamp. Chests you find as neat bonuses in the Cave of Ordeals? Stamps. One even costs fifty Rupees at Malo Mart!

These things have no purpose in the games at all! They're just glorified emoticons that you have to ACTIVELY HUNT FOR, JUST so you can put a PICTURE on what's basically TWITTER.

And they're not even that interesting! Slightly over half of them are each individual letter of the alphabet, which...sort of makes sense. Then there's four pictures each of Link, Midna, and Zelda with different expressions, when it could've worked just as fine with one each like they did for the other character stamps and free up nine whole slots. No Ganondorf stamp, no Hylian Crest stamp...

Oh, and your reward for getting all of them? The FIFTIETH stamp. You don't even get a good prize for these! Your reward for collecting stamps is another stamp! That'd be like completing the pictobox sidequest in Wind Waker and your reward is a commemorative photo and that's it.

Miiverse Stamps. Worst. Zelda item. Ever.

Miiverse stamps are good for one thing and one thing only: 100% completion, aka bragging rights.

Otherwise, they are just glorified emoticons.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

I don't mind that the reward for all stamps is just another stamp. It ultimately makes the whole ordeal optional for people who don't aim for 100% completion and the stamps at all. I think it would be far more infuriating if you would have to get all stamps to get all heart containers, for example.

Besides, considering that you can't actually use the stamps in the game itself (but only on Miiverse), I wouldn't even consider them items in the broader sense. They are just collectibles with an additional function.

Also, just going off the items you've listed I'm surprised what kind of stuff they deem useless items. Okay, personally, I'd agree that the Deku Nuts are kinda pointless (I don't even remember using them at all back then), and the meat has only one single and very purpose, but how are bigger wallets a bad or useless thing? And how is the Fairy Ocarina useless? It's technically identical to the Ocarina of Time.

EDIT: I just realized that it might be somewhat relevant for the Zelda topic in general: I bought a properly scaled Master Sword prop at a convention today and it's great. Those things are probably mass-produced, so I guess others might be able to get these too.
    Last edited by ZORK; July 2nd, 2016 at 05:28 PM.

I don't mind that the reward for all stamps is just another stamp. It ultimately makes the whole ordeal optional for people who don't aim for 100% completion and the stamps at all. I think it would be far more infuriating if you would have to get all stamps to get all heart containers, for example.

Besides, considering that you can't actually use the stamps in the game itself (but only on Miiverse), I wouldn't even consider them items in the broader sense. They are just collectibles with an additional function.

Also, just going off the items you've listed I'm surprised what kind of stuff they deem useless items. Okay, personally, I'd agree that the Deku Nuts are kinda pointless (I don't even remember using them at all back then), and the meat has only one single and very purpose, but how are bigger wallets a bad or useless thing? And how is the Fairy Ocarina useless? It's technically identical to the Ocarina of Time.

EDIT: I just realized that it might be somewhat relevant for the Zelda topic in general: I bought a properly scaled Master Sword prop at a convention today and it's great. Those things are probably mass-produced, so I guess others might be able to get these too.
    Nintendo New York probably has many Master Swords for sale, more than what is displayed there.
    I AM THE KIRBINATOR!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kirbinator View Post
    Nintendo New York probably has many Master Swords for sale, more than what is displayed there.
    Since I live in Germany, I wasn't aware of this. Heck, I'm not even sure if the Master Sword I own is an official Nintendo product, as it didn't had any seal or sign on it to prove this.

The Bakis are back. In fact, they were always here. Planetbox's Avatar

The video was NOT Top 8 Most Useless Items. It was Top 8 WORST Items. It was items they didn't like, not items they thought were pointless. As for the giant wallet, MatPat talked for about a minute about how it didn't make sense that two rupees of the same size but different values took up different amounts of wallet space. Which is unrealistic, but not something worth changing.
    OH MY GOODNESS!

Isn't this the BEST signature you've ever SEEN!

Spoiler: Random Quotes out of Context 

Quote Originally Posted by Planetbox View Post
    The video was NOT Top 8 Most Useless Items. It was Top 8 WORST Items. It was items they didn't like, not items they thought were pointless. As for the giant wallet, MatPat talked for about a minute about how it didn't make sense that two rupees of the same size but different values took up different amounts of wallet space. Which is unrealistic, but not something worth changing.
    Eh. So I misremembered the title of the video. It happens. Miiverse Stamps still top the list either way.

Thread Information