Page 1 of 102 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Legend of Zelda

Legend of Zelda

So, i saw no one started a legend of zelda thread so

HERE IT IS!!!

yeah, my favorite zelda game ties with windwaker, ocarina of time, and link to the past

twilight princess is number 2(not poop, but on my top list it is in place 2)
    I was going to put something useful and worthwhile here but.......I got lazy.

Aspiring Prinny Guitarist icbmdood's Avatar

Re: Legend of Zelda

Wind waker is definitely my favorite zelda game, and Ocarina of Time comes second, with Majora's mask a close third.
    Adonai Yeshua
    Proud Supporter of Invisible Children
    Go Nihon Falcom!

Oracle of Seasons and Ages are often overlooked. I think they're the best of the top-down 2D Zelda games, in terms of content and gimmicks. Minish Cap was kinda bleh, but still enjoyable.

Aspiring Prinny Guitarist icbmdood's Avatar

I agree about Minish cap, but I haven't played the oracle games yet, due to lack of game boy. Seems pretty cool that their inter-connectable though.
    Adonai Yeshua
    Proud Supporter of Invisible Children
    Go Nihon Falcom!

yeah, i kinda have only played snes link, oot link, windwaker link, and tp link.
    the others were a mystery to me until i got the guide's to phantom hourglass and spirit tracks(which i own and have wooped epically)
    [the only exception is nes link, i wanted to play but lacked nes, collector's disc, and emulators]

Minish Cap rather surprised me by being very excellent. Four Swords Adventures, too. Can't say anything about the Oracle games - I missed out on the Gameboy games. LA's supposed to be excellent too.

Hm. It occurs to me, I still need to finish up Spirit Tracks - I kind of went and got distracted by other games and lost, and this is not an intentional pun, track. So I kind of want to start a new game at this point, but my bro took the other save file. :I

that blows. is it your game or is it his? or do you share? if it's yours, kick him off, if it's his, youre screwed, and if you share....even more screwed.

It's mine, like every Zelda in the house (EVERY. ZELDA.) but I steal his games all the time. I think I may delete it when I finally give LeafGreen back to him. It's long enough since he played that he seems to have lost interest.

Weeeell since the only one I've ever played is Twilight Princess (for Wii) then I guess it's my favourite. It is the 2nd best game of all time (don't go forgetting Brawl now). Just epic. And some parts are funny too, though that's not very often. And definitely the most hardcore game I have ever played. Can't wait until LoZ: Wii comes out. I should be well prepared now.

If this doesn't tell you who my favourite character is, nothing will.

If you liked Twilight Princess, I strongly urge you to try and find a copy of Wind Waker somewhere. The Wii will play GameCube games as long as you have a memory card and controller.

I seriously love Wind Waker's bright and colourful graphical style.

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

So do I. I beat Wind Waker and loved the final sequences - the Ganon battle was pure, classic Zelda (you vs a giant monster), and an amazing sword duel with Ganondorf at the end. Beautiful. I just got off of a Golden-Bug-Hunting spree, - I love Agitha's pay.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Mean green brother from outer space. Captain Yoshi's Avatar
    Actually Im pink.... but thats not as catchy.

I'd say my favorite Zelda game is Links Awakening. Its great especially because its the first hand held Zelda game and the first Zelda game to ... not have Zelda in it. Link says her name once in the game.

The game itself featured a fairly original and kinda dark story. Link lands on a mysterious Island and in order to get off of the island he has to
    wake the wind fish and cause the entire Island to fade from existence.

Wind Waker is still my favorite Zelda simply because it's so much fun. Link is cute and all but the gameplay is where I really enjoyed it, with the story a close second. Despite its cute atmosphere, I thought Wind Waker was actually one of the darker Zeldas, at least setting wise.

i like oot, windwaker, and tp because of the length and the dungeons bosses. it kinda sucks that you cant fight them after beating ganon.....

OK, here is somthing I don't get, why the happy mask saleman nearly shook Link to death? WTF?????

Waddle Dee

Link's Awakening is easily the best game in the series.

digital style Forum Veteran Darky's Avatar

Oh how the mighty hath fallen. I used to be a drooling Zelda fanboy, but not anymore. The series has been in decline recently; PH and ST were both disappointing and TP, whilst a great game, wasn't quite up to scratch. Even the classics haven't held up the test of time quite so nicely. Remember when I enthusiastically said that Majora was my favourite game of all time? Not anymore. The game has pretty much screwed me ten times over with its impossible Snowhead temple, and then there's the Great Bay straight after it, which I've heard nothing good about. Yes, the plot is dark, the gameplay excellent, the graphics nice for its time. But I'm so pissed at how infuriating it is that I've fallen more than out of love with it.
    Wind Waker was too easy and the ocean sections felt like big slogs that were worsened by those ****ing Triforce maps, which I STILL haven't found in their entirety. And I do prefer realistic graphics, although it's hard to fault WW's lush scenery and beautiful ocean. Too bad you spend too long on it.
    ALttP was simply the worst Zelda game I've ever played. The only good point I can find for it are the groundwork it layed down for the fabulous OoT, which is the only Zelda game I still truly love.
    OoT is still an amazing game, and I still play it every so often to this day. Brilliant, brilliant stuff. Unfortunately, I still need to use a walkthrough to get through the Water Temple, which is quite embarassing.
    I sincerely hope Zelda Wii is just as good as OoT was. I've got high hopes for it, since I really want the fire I once had for this series rekindled.

tl;dr, Zelda isn't as good as it once was and I hope Zelda Wii gets me back into the series.

Unless they go the way of Sonic with a string of 'gimmick' games...... I cry whenever I htink about the beginning of the end of Sonic. That is, Sonic Heroes. Let's hope Zelda Wii isn't the Sonic Heroes of Zelda. Not that SH wasn't a good game, but once Sega saw that the gimmick worked, they started pulling a bunch of other terrible gimmicks outof their butts. THat's what got us the @&#$ Werehog.

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

yeah, zelda is declining. the ds games were cool when you heard them, got excited, bought them, played them, then said:
    "why did i waste my money?"

uh I can't think of a user title ThatFellow's Avatar

Personally, I only thought Phantom Hourglass wasn't all that good. I thought Spirit Tracks was a vast improvement, it definitely felt more involving at least. I thought the plot could have used a little work, and the dungeons were a little easy, but in all I had fun playing it and that's all that mattered, to be honest.

Actually, I've only completed three Zelda games. Yes, three. So if I judge them on that alone, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, and even Phantom Hourglass have stood above the rest for keeping me enthralled. Although I did kinda spoil the endings to the other games, so I didn't really need to complete them.

Anyway, Miyamoto said Zelda will be "Easier to Play"

Cue fanboy rage as people probably misinterpret what he is meaning by that. I think he means that the control scheme will be more streamlined, not that the gameplay will be any easier. And the controls will be steamlined if it uses the motion plus, so yeah.

Besides, the patent for the "Super Guide" clearly showed a Zelda-like game so it is likely that will be used to help newbies.

when i think about it, i am definitely an old school zelda player. i really liked LttP, OoT, and (guess you cant call it old school but: )windwaker, and TP.
    i've said that alot, havent i?
    anyways: did anyone find it odd that in LttP, Link had PINK hair?

This is the same series that has your descent from extreme heights being slowed drastically by chicken. So no.

I like pink-haired Link. We need to see more of him. Maybe Link in the new game will have pink hair. And by "maybe" I mean "definitely not", but it's a funny thought.

Just think about my sig with a pink-haired Link. Tell me that wouldn't be frightening with that guy flying at you.

Pink rhymes with Link.

Therefore, it must be done.

(ALttP sprite Link was also definitely not white. )

Thread Information