Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veganarchy

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Veganarchy

I have absolutely no idea where this is going and I literally just thought of an actual direction to go with this story approximately 10 minutes ago. WOO

Spoiler: part 1 

1747 words
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; November 13th, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

And Their Refinement of The Decline

Re: In which I totally make random nonsense up as I go along

I don't think I've laughed this hard at reading something since The Sarah Saga. I'm excited as anything for the next installment. So far, it's been great moment after another.
    Love is so short, forgetting is so long. - Neruda

made of love Event Artist
    Forum Veteran

Tyler you're really great

THE VEGANS
    LOVE ALL LIFE BY BECOMING TERRORISTS

LOGIC????

can we get some PETA in here and a mentality similar to "The South will rise again!" but with animals because I'm sure that would also be pretty great
    I dunno it's something I immediately thought about ahaha

Sinking, falling, fallen Lord of the Arena Dynawing's Avatar

I read this while listening to Kamek's theme. It goes without saying that it was perfect.

Well Boalt, your writing style is as distinctive as ever and it's always hilarious. This is such a great intro, all the characters introduced suddenly died and it seems as if it amounted to nothing, but that seems to make it so much better. It was very funny and actually did introduce the Vegan Vigilantes, whoever they may be, and certainly makes me wait for more in anticipation.

Forum Moderator

Re: Veganarchy

VEGAN BACKSTORY? YES PLEASE

Spoiler: part 2 

2930 words. A bit behind, but not really too bad.

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

Forum Moderator

welp, double posting... enter current day Bryan Denton and also a new character, Peyton VanCleve
    Spoiler: part 3 

made of love Event Artist
    Forum Veteran

yes I would use my own hair to repair my socks too if I was a crazy vegan... person...

it's funny because we actually have a candidate that I hear the political ad for every morning that has part of the dude's name
    PAYDAY PEYTON or something like that
    he did a thing with loans? I don't know. arizona politics are really dumb.

(a funny coincidence that you would include details from arizona, WHO KNOWS WHY THIS WOULD HAPPEN)
    (I really love how silly this story is and I hope everything ties together neatly in the end omg)

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Yes this is good and it cheers me right up
    keep up the good work Boalt
    it is good

EDIT: More specifically, the line 'Hell Bent for Pleather' had me cracking up, and pretty much the entire Fanimal backstory segment. Partially because I think crazy cat ladies are hilarious.
    Last edited by Eruedraith; November 8th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Forum Moderator

GLORIOUS COMMENTS (damn now this means I can't put off reading your story much longer either aaaaaaa being busy sucks)

The "Hell Bent on Pleather" thing was actually based on a real story I read a while back where some group (when in doubt, guess PETA) actually petitioned Judas Priest to do that. I don't remember how I found it or why I was reading it (I don't even really know or care that much about the band) but when I started on the pleather rant it came to mind and I had to include it somehow.

Good news and bad news! The good news is that I'll be writing a whole lot and updating soon! ...the bad news is that I'm horribly far behind because I've been really busy the past few days! But hopefully things will go somewhere good! I'm legitimately as in the dark as everyone else, I've planned nothing at all and just write what comes to me as it comes to me.

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

Caught up on parts two and three. I really loved the part of Denton's speech where he talked about eating books... ditto the part where it described what an abysmal failure VanCleve was during the debate.

I have no idea where you're going with this, but rest assured I'll still be following along. :P

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

I have to say, this story is brilliant so far. If you're making it up as you go along, then it means you're more prone to suggestions...

Also for some reason I can see fanimals getting into a shootout with PETA. With seals in the crossfire. I don't know why, and it totally wasn't a suggestion. I'm not that subtle.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

For some reason this reminds me strongly of The Man Who Was Thursday (albeit way more bonkers). Excellent work, Boalt, you had me in stitches.
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Forum Moderator

This is a really short part (only 548 words) but here we introduce two new major characters! They haven't actually said or done anything yet, they'll be more properly introduced in the next part.

Spoiler: part 4 

4626/15003 words. Way behind but I'm going to catch up. Expect at least two more updates this weekend.

So, McDonalds was gone, then. That was certainly… well, atypical to say the very least. Usually if those places were going to blow up, it was due to some depressed employee not paying very much attention and, in their stupor, causing a horribly damaging grease fire. The higher-ups at McDonalds called this a “McAccident” and, out of the goodness of their “McHearts”, they would offer the ailing employee a series of extensive psychological therapy sessions – the higher-ups termed this “McHelp” – for no charge. Invariably, the employee was either fired – the higher-ups called this one “McRegression” – or came back enamored with their job – the regular employees called this “McZombification”.
    Literally everything about this paragraph. Also, Dickson's introduction is pure gold.

And Their Refinement of The Decline

Dickinson's name alone is pure gold.

...as is that McDonalds paragraph, yeah.
    Love is so short, forgetting is so long. - Neruda

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Pretty sure that the McParagraph wins the award for Best Thing Written Under the Influence of NaNoWriMo award.

Also really interested in seeing where you're gonna go with Spits. He seems like there would be a lot of stuff you could do to play off his character with, for the purpose of comedy.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Richard Dickson
    Dick Dickson
    HAH!

Anyway, as everyone's said, yeah that paragraph on McDonald's is amazing and you should write for a living. Because you rock.

Forum Moderator

SETTING UP THE SCENE A BIT

Spoiler: part 5 

1021 words this part. 5657/16670 words. Gonna try to get a few more parts done today, gotta close up that gap some more.
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; November 13th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Haha, the chemistry (or lack thereof? I dunno, whatever) between Spittler and Dickson is great. It's so much better when characters have clashing personalities.

Forum Moderator

Phase two begins! And for your reference later, here's the song mentioned in the 4th paragraph.

Spoiler: Part 6 

1350 words. Total is 7007/16670 (though as it's now the 11th here, I guess that'd now be 18337).
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; November 13th, 2012 at 12:09 PM.

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

... Wow.

I have to say, the choice of music is brilliant.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

HALF A CONTRACT FULFILLED

omg the entire third paragraph
    hitler jokes i can't

That said, though, kinda confused as to when the fourth paragraph actually occurs.

Forum Moderator

Update! But first I'll just address something...

Quote Originally Posted by Lenore View Post
    That said, though, kinda confused as to when the fourth paragraph actually occurs.
    Just a general timeline for reference, because this is a partially nonlinear story (mostly linear but occasionally jumping around):

1. Denton becomes the Fanimals' President
    2. The paragraph starting with "Impact" and talking about Hitler (I dunno, a year or two before the actual story)
    3. VanCleve's meeting with Denton (roughly late Spring/early Summer of this year)
    4. McDonalds explosion, basically the first part (a few days after the presidential election of this year)
    5. The Fanimals meeting where Denton enters dramatically and shows off the NY Aquarium (around midnight, so roughly 9 hours after the explosion)
    6. Spittler and Dickson arrive (the day of the explosion late at night, roughly the same time as the Fanimals meeting)
    7. Spittler and Dickson meet with the police (the day after the explosion)
    8. Today's update (same day as 7)

I think from this point on everything will be linear save for flashbacks for exposition (ala the whole rally with the Hitler suit guy). The one exception is I may finish the underground Fanimals meeting soon; depends on if I'd rather finish that or keep what happened in the dark. Leaning towards the former but you never know.

ANYHOW HERE'S PART 7
    Spoiler: Part 7 

1407 words. I'm really far behind, 8414/25005... but I'm going to have plenty of time the next few days to work and the 20th through the 25th will give me a ton of time to catch up.
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; November 15th, 2012 at 06:32 PM.

VanCleve as a hobo is kind of incredibly amazing. And the Spittler/Dickson "partnership" (if you can call it that, haha) is as great as ever.

Forum Moderator

Another update!

Spoiler: part 8 

1137 words. 9551/26672

Thread Information