Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glitz Pit

Re: The Glitz Pit

Kiwi walked into the hallway. Since his duel with Fulgor would not be for a long while, he decided to see if his old vampire friend was still around.
    Oh, how times have changed.
    It was then that he came upon the scene with Jericho and Kyle. "Hello, little men persons, I am Kiwi, former champion and former hunter of rapping fire vampires. It is a pleasure to be meeting you. Now I do not wish to be nosy goose-tiger, but I wish to know what it is you are speaking about. It is my attempt to make friends and or allies. What do you say?"

Hail to the Crimson

Kyle came to a stop right in front of Kiwi. "Hello, little men persons, I am Kiwi, former champion and former hunter of rapping fire vampires."
    Kyle tried to comprehend the last part of that statement. A valiant, but useless effort.
    "It is a pleasure to be meeting you. Now I do not wish to be nosy goose-tiger, but I wish to know what it is you are speaking about. It is my attempt to make friends and or allies. What do you say?"
    Kyle's irises began to rotate again, but this man was far too strange for Kyle to read. He had no idea what to make of this stranger. Do... do I really want to associate myself with this guy? He says he's a former champion, but I just can't tell... gah, what the hell!
    In a last ditch effort, Kyle resorted to flashing a look of distress at Jericho. He probably knew the best decision to make here.

Aria had left the bed after she finished her book to check up on ol' Knifey McStaberson to see if he hadn't gotten himself killed yet. (congratulations JG299. You've got a new nickname. Designed with the maturity of a 12 year old.)

She spotted him but noticed he was standing with a very large man and a... ninja? How unfortunate, she thought, I don't feel original anymore.
    She ended up drifting over, draped in her cloak, which, at the mention of vampires, decided to obtain a very tall collar, which, coupled with her pale skin, made her look slightly vampiric.

"So, Knives," she interrupted, looking at kyle, "How goes the treasure hunt?"

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar

This was it. He had been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. What was only a mere dream when he started now seems to be a very real thing.

Spinda was practicing with Air control on the Glitz Pit Arena. No-one ever went there anymore, so it was the perfect place to do it. In the center of the stage, he was throwing bottles, pushing them further with wind. He tried jumping like he could never do before, leaping from wall to wall. He was spinning so hard with his drinking bottle out, He was able to finally make a proper boozenado. At the same time. Of course, this isn't quite as impressive when you realise that there were three clones of him doing seperate activities, but hey, training goes a bit faster. And he was focusing on his new goal. Except the boozenado one, by that time he was too dizzy to focus on anything other than the whirlpool he's created.

After their training, they decided to merge. The boozenado Spinda was a little slow joining back into the group, and Spinda still felt a little motion sickness afterwards. He took a sip of his bottle, and now tottered off the stage. He was going to find Taxi.
    Spoiler: Quotes 

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Spoiler: OOC 

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Just as the last Spinda tottered off the stage, Steve the Shy Guy scurried in with a microphone. He stood in the middle of the ring, which was itself at the center of the Glitz Pit, and hooked his microphone up to a PA system that had apparently randomly manifested itself after never being used before.
    "Uh... well, uh..." he began, then made a sort of squeaky noise similar to clearing one's throat. "Since... uh... Since I still haven't gotten the portals working in Suda's, uh, absence, the fight'll just take place... uh..."
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; October 5th, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Doing the Hibiki thing everywhere 765Bro's Avatar

[[ LET'S DO THIS. ]]
    [[Can I reserve the first post? I deserve the edge for once dammit ]]
    HAPPY HIBIKI'S BIRTHDAY DAY 2014
    LOVE YA'LL

Danny walked around the glitz pit for awhile waiting for the brawl to start, "Hmm maybe one last person to team up with, just to make sure we have the edge?" Danny kept thinking of someone, but couldn't think. Then he saw Winston walking around too. "Hmm, having a psychic could prove helpful?" Danny walked up to him and tapped his shoulder, "Hey Winston, I was wondering if you'd like to team up for the brawl? I have other people in my alliance, and most of us seem to have great skills with our ability's, it'd be great to have you on board too!"

With normal portal modesty, Taxi appeared in the center of the arena, right behind Steve.

"Shut up," said the thief, kicking the little red manager. She snatched the microphone as it flew out of Steve's hands, making her own grand announcement to the island colosseum. "Listen up, girls, this is your champion speaking." She cleared her throat before continuing. "I stole some punk's money. Whoever you are, if you want it back, meet me on the stage. Me and you, one on one, and you might earn your cash back." Nodding to herself, Taxi suddenly felt a strange feeling of self satisfaction.

"Also, everyone, I've downed a bottle of soju. Because, y'know, the panda keeps doing it, so I thought it might spice things up. But, anyways... No items, fox only, final destination-

"No, wait, scratch that. Screw Final Destination- no one's going anywhere! We fight here, girls, every man for themselves!" With her last word, Taxi threw the microphone to the ground, wanting to smash it (even if the product was made to withstand a beating). And then she staggered back, with a small girlish burp escaping her lips.

((also I'd like to clarify, I'm drunk here irl, so things may get weird. I apologize for any spelling/grammar/insulting mistakes in advance))

Spoiler: OOC 

The Brawl may begin now.
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; October 5th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Step walked about the minor league locker room, viewing the faces for the umpeenth time, getting used to his new body... ...Hooves are much more flexible...I can express a lot more with my hooves alone. Tense. Loosen. Crescendo. Decrescendo. Hairpin. Sforzando. His russet eyes darted from one place to another, his right hand busy conducting, his left hand showing expression. I'd have to rely a lot more on facial expression back then. Now, I can express much more with my hooves alone. And they're much more...versatile. He found himself to be rather dexterous, twirling around the Mirror Baton almost as if it were a butterfly knife, mock stabbing a target behind him and quickly in front of him. It's not magically charged, though...I'll have to find a way to do that. But my new Air Control...this should come in handy.

(...Let the chaos commence!)

((You can't have Chaos without Kiwi.))

And that was when Kiwi punched Taxi in the face.
    Sneaky little devil, ain't he?
    He quickly shouted, "So you are new champion? Then I will relish this experience! I trust you will put up a good fight, yes?" Then he used Earth Control. Because, since he and Taxi were in the arena part of the Glitz Pit, his Earth Control powers were still useable. Ah, loopholes. Specifically, he used his Earth Control to make several medium sized rocks fly at Taxi.
    Then he started to run away.
    Wait. Kiwi, running? Why, that's highly out of character for him.
    But don't worry. He has a plan.

Winston, energizing and mentally prepping himself, (Mostly consisting of assuring himself how awesome he is) was a bit skeptic of Danny's offer. With his new best friend and lover, he was more than ever confident with his abilities. Still... he would always work better in teams no matter how self-sufficent he became. It just came with the powers. He'd do the killing, they'd do the clean-up. In fact, between him and himself, he could allow an entire team to collaborate telepathically, rerouting messages through himself to other members and becoming a virtual operator, allowing the entire team instant and secret communications.

"Alright, I'll accept."
    Now speaking telepathically, he relayed the new plan to Danny.
    I'm stronger than ever before. Give me enough cover, and I'm going to be the star fighter this time around. Now who's all in this "alliance"? Let's keep this under wraps for now, we don't want to become too large of a target o-

Interrupted, Winston looked up attentively as he heard Taxi's voice.
    Who's money is she talking about...?
    Come on, let's go. I got some cash to grab. No splits for you either, consider it my fee.

And pumped with enough cockiness to choke any Olympian, he set off for the main room of the Pit, staff in hand and ready to smash anyone he crosses on the way over. He was getting that money whether it was his or not. He could clone when he had the cover and time; for now, he had to get to the fight before he was outnumbered!
    LOVE YA'LL

Danny smiled. "Well, glad to have you on the team then! Anyway I gotta..." Danny was interrupted by the announcement of the start of the brawl. "Well never mind what I was doing! New plan, I'm gonna find a base of operations for us, so we have a place to rest when we need to heal. And I think I know just the place! Danny telepathically told Winston the location of the base, he also told him the other members of the alliance. "I'm gonna go set up the base, you tell the others the location, when you come across them." Danny walked off to go prepare a safe haven for the team.

He came into the storage room, the coast seemed to be clear. In his mind "Now if the rumors are true, there should be a secret passage right up here." Danny looked through the top and found a hidden switch, bringing out a set of stairs, leading to a secret room. "Perfect! Hopefully everyone will be able to find this." Danny rehid the switch, making sure it was extra hidden. And then walked inside the room, closing the stairs behind him.

Re-wiring the message to his apparent teammates, (YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO YOU ARE) Winston dashed into the main Pit, looking up at the stage where Taxi was being barraged with rocks.
    Making use of this distraction, he dashed up to the steps to the stage, breaking into a slide-tackle at the current champ. All he had to do was piss her off... And divert some attention from Kiwi over there. This is his cash, dammit!

Firing off a distraction and Psibeam to further pull her focus away from Kiwi, he got back up from the tackle-slide, breaking into a dash and flipping the bird to Taxi behind him, as he ran into the next hallway opposite of where he came in from. Just gotta bait her into following...
    LOVE YA'LL

"NO" Taxi exclaimed, after being hit by a surprise punch.

She didn't steal Kiwi's coins. She knew for a fact that she didn't steal Kiwi's coins. So why was he being annoying? For the sake of it?

"Stop" she announced, summoning a yellow wall of somewhat-thick Shield energy. The glass-like magic shattered in a glittering display along with the cracked pebbles formed by the collided rocks, and Taxi didn't do much afterwards. "Go away, babo, you're not who I'm looking for."

But then she heared hurried footsteps. Who-? Looking off to the side, she spotted a running Winston, who tried to tackle her. Hah. Stepping backwards with her normal impressive agility, she let Winston dive forward head-first along the ground in front of her. Right as he passed, Taxi drew her sword and stabbed down hard at Windston, aided by a bit of last-minute Darkness. She was just gonna cut him in half if he insisted on being annoying.
    Last edited by Zelos Wilder; October 5th, 2012 at 10:53 PM. Reason: winston

"Well scratch that plan, in fact, scratch going into that room, EVER AGAIN!" Danny decided to just set up a small base near where the button was, it was hidden enough anyway. And with Winston's illusions, he should be able to do that. Telepathically: "Hey Winston, when you can, could you make some illusion to hide our base? The hidden room was...a bad idea. And if you could, make it so it only affects everyone, but our team. Makes it easier. I'm going to wait here for someone to come so we can plan something." Danny finished setting up the make shift base, and decided to wait until someone arrived, he couldn't just leave this place unguarded, especially when it's kind of in plain sight right now.

Step heard the announcement of a Brawl, and immediately felt something tingle inside of him, another voice in his head speaking...

Yes...you're here to fight...you're here to fight to return to your loved ones...the ones you so wish to protect...

...I'll fight, but only for them. To return to them...that guy, Danny...said he'd grab some allies. So for now, I'll go out and see if I can find them. I can't defend myself...I really can't, but...this is my resolve. To grow stronger, to protect those I care for...and if that maniac Discord is running rampant, I need to get back as soon as I can. He gripped his Mirror Baton tightly, and then walked out the door, confident and ready to fight adversaries if need be. ...I hope that guy hasn't gotten himself into trouble. If he dies, he's got my fifty bits.
    Last edited by SBSam; October 5th, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

When saw his old pal Winstpn helping him out, he decided now would be the perfect time for him to strike hard. He made the ground directly below Taxi jut up suddenly and without warning, while she was distracted by his little buddy, the aforementioned Winstpn. He did this with the intent of launching her up, or at least throwing her off balance. Then, he spoke. "Although I do not know who this Babo is of which you speak, I know you are not looking for me! I, you see, just relish a good fight!" That's when he raised a moderately sized chunk of cobblestone from the floor directly in front of him, and started firing out dozens of sharp stone shards from it at the champion.

It Was A Good Run, Guys: I Have A Skype If You Want To Stay In Touch, But So Long BitF Aeront's Avatar

Fulgor, unlike the rest of the psychos running around this who-house, was quietly minding himself, walking through the hallways contemplating how best to make use of his allies, when he heard of the brawl's commencement. Apparently, the grand battle was going to take place across the entire Glitz building.

Sounded interesting.

However, if Fulg's learned anything from his previous brawl, it was not to rush blatantly into combat and also to avoid fireballs that have been charged for three turns, so he ran off into a faraway corner of the Pit, where he entered his defensive stance and waited for an opponent to run by. Surely, one would. Surely!

((UH, the days of these brawls always work out so BAD for me! I won't be able to do anything until 2 o'clock. So, uh, Fulg's is off with a severe case of Darknut diarrhea waiting in some random corner, hoping someone will mistakenly walk by when in reality he is so far away from everyone that no one would ever do this.))

Gritting his teeth in panic as he realized he'd made too much of a commotion dashing in so recklessly, Winston, quick to react as he saw Taxi hop back and withdraw her sword, planted his left foot into the ground and pushed off, breaking the slide-tackle into a roll and flopping back up into a run a little awkwardly. As embarrasing as it looked, he was still able to fire off the distraction and Psibeam, running off into the opposite hallway as he recieved Danny's message. Fine... uhhh...
    Illusions, right.
    Cloning came easily enough, almost scarily so. But how do you go about illusions..? He'd worked with it in secret for awhile now, but... how to... just...
    Coming up to the base on the second floor, he slid on inside. He doubted anyone would follow him, but he'd been working on his stamina as well. Yes, Winston had put serious effort into his training, and his body and mind was now more refined than ever before. He could effortlessly sprint across arenas, and work his mind for hours. There's a real life application of math practice, kids!

Oh, hi. Uhhh...
    Not wanting to appear unpracticed to Danny, whom he now stood in front of, Winston turned to face the entrance, concentrating. With a shimmer of light, an exact replica of the wall around it faded into view, appearing perfectly solid and with only very faint discolouration. You better have Super Sight if you wanna notice this little screw-up. I mean, unless you're actually walking by and inspecting for secret bases no one knows about.

Wiping a slight drop of sweat with relief off his forehead, he turned back to Danny.

Done!
    He announced proudly.

I mean... I think that'll work...

He looked outside the now one-way wall, thrusting a hand through the barrier.
    Yeah, it's good. It's good. I think... you guys can see through it too. Right? Right. I think it defeans sound too...
    Whisper, maybe. You know what, just hand me the message and I'll send it to whoever you need. Let's just do that. Yeah.

Scratching his head a bit, Winston took a step back, making sure there was enough room for him to...
    --
    Waking up moments later, Winston looked around, gripping his forehead again as he pushed himselff off the wall. That hurts.

Hello, A.
    Hello, 1.

Shaking hands, they exchanged a mental plan. Winston-A would camp out here, the perfect hiding spot for him to jostle the competition with a near endless volley of Psibeams and distractions, perfectly safe to zone out, while Winston-1 could scout out targets and keep t-

"hih guiz"

Looking over to the apparently brain-dead third brother, Winston-1 kicked him forcefully out of the base. He was liable to start shouting and attract attention! He was also a damn mockery to the Winston name. Still... neither of them didn't have the heart (Or mostly the time or care) to kill him. He'd do that on his own.

Stumbling outside, Winstpn looked around. Okay, he could take a very obvious and bold and constant hint. He was gonna have to find his own best friends! YEAH!
    Dashing off in his usual sideways-gait, Winstpn ran down the hallway Winston had just left from, towards the main Pit, staff swinging left and right as he did so. The most threatening thing about him was probably that he might run into you and not even notice.

Back to the more important side of the Winstons, Winston-1 could go stir up some trouble and make use of his new Discipline and illusions. Yes, he had quite a few new tricks to scare up some targets for A with.

Winston-A sat down in a corner, massaging his temples as his staff lay beside him and proceeding to zone out. As soon as Winston-A had some mental cover up for Winston-1, the fight would really begin.
    Last edited by 765Bro; October 6th, 2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Kiwi was too slow to save me, so I'll just roll instead.
    LOVE YA'LL

The Bearer of Rainbows RainbowPopTart's Avatar

Tim stood on the balcony in the lobby, admiring the grand entrance. He was a long way from home. Tim came back to his senses when a mutter over an intercom announced the beginning of a brawl. Tim could hear a commotion in the arena but thought it would be best to stay out of it for now. He thought he should start exploring one of the hallways. Tim eagerly descended the rugged and opened the door leading to the minor league locker rooms. Well here we go Tim thought as he opened the door to see what awaited him.
    Spoiler: Cookies are life 

sig thanks entirely to the amazing impromptu

Step looked at the newcomer that had entered the Minor League locker rooms... ...Celestia, don't tell me he's going to hit me. Would it be best if I knocked him out?

With what? That rinky-dink now ordinary baton of yours?

...The next time you happen to come out, I'm going to dent your helmet. He examined his potential foe...same age, it looked like, and for all it was worth, he looked ready to fight.

Step then decided to tap the fellow teen's shoulder. "Hey, do you mind just...maybe goin' easy on me if you're going to fight me? I'm...well, let me just say that this isn't my original body and that I have no idea what's going on right now. Care for a bit of warmup?" He smiled, trying to seem at least a little friendly in his altercation...and praying that he wouldn't pay with his life.

The Bearer of Rainbows RainbowPopTart's Avatar

When Tim entered the Minor League locker room he was greeted by a tap on the shoulder from a rather odd looking guy. Tim didn't want to attack someone who seemed so docile, but still a warm up? Could this tuxedoed figure be trying to trick Tim. Either way this was the closest thing to a friendly gesture Tim would get, being a new comer and Tim often made friends from sparing.

"A warm up? what did you have in mind?" Tim asked, cocking his head inquisitively. "I'm not sure I want to hurt you, I mean I know it's a competition but...you just seem so..." Tim didn't finish his thought, didn't want to under estimate him too much, it might offend him, and that wouldn't be good. "Sure we can warm up, what can you do?" Tim asked light heatedly. Best to have more friends than enemies. Tim thought, but could this rather eccentric teen be trusted?
    Spoiler: Cookies are life 

sig thanks entirely to the amazing impromptu

Danny stood watching Winston prepare the fake wall, "Thanks! This should do nicely. Oh do you think you could use your ability to let me survey the area?" Winston first cloned himself and let two of them leave. "So do you have a different name from the rest?" "Yeah, Winston-A" "Ok then, can you show me the surrounding area?" Danny got a view of the near area, he saw step with some new guy, seemed to be talking. "Hmm, maybe now would be a good time for an early lesson, help them with the brawl." Danny looked at Winston-A and asked for a telepathic message to be sent to the two. "Tell them I'd like for the to come over here, help them learn how a brawl works. And the new guy comes too, since out there he might die not knowing what's happening." Winston-A sent the message, Danny just had to wait for the two to arrive, then he could try to help them.

Thread Information