Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 30707677787980
Results 1,976 to 1,982 of 1982

Thread: The Glitz Pit

SaltySword, Pickled Music Lover BrineBlade's Avatar

Re: The Glitz Pit

I couldn't deal with the struggle anymore. The one attack I tried to do slipped through my fingers. I tried to stand but couldn't. I started moving towards the water before I collapsed, exhausted and tired from the immense blood loss. I realized I had no way to win the fight, so I laid down. I wanted to just end it quickly, as the pain was intense. I took the sword, grabbed it out of my chest, and with my last bit of strength, hurled it at Mos' chest before I died, thankful for the pain to stop, and waiting for my return to the lobby in limbo.

Feeling as ready as he ever would be, Marco committed to his plan. He started by slowly uncurling himself, trying to look as mortally wounded as possible. Then he threw his shield at Mos' shins. It was obvious that he had something going on with his feet, what with the rippling grass, and Marco hoped the disc might interrupt whatever his opponent had planned.
    As soon as he threw the shield, Marco thrust out his left hand, and an icy replica of the spear Mos carried launched from his palm, near-instantaneously, straight into its original owner's heart. An interesting irony, he thought.
    With the last of his power drained, Marco slumped over to the side, unable to move and in pain, but still alive.
    Don't worry!
    Batman can breathe in space! Unfortunately, none of us are Batman.
    Worry!

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Brine would find that upon his pulling out the sword, it quickly dissolved into the black dust which had seemingly formed it, leaving him to slump to the ground and do his thing.
    Facing down Marco, Mos reacted even as the icy shield was thrown his way. His right leg blurred into a snap kick as the wind collected there burst upward to amplify his movement. The shield flew into the air, and Mos set his foot back down just in time to see Marco's next attack - a solid rod of ice projected from his palm like a bullet clearing the barrel of a gun. His right hand swept around, grasping the imaginary hilt of the weapon that had yet to exist...
    And in a shower of sparks and shattered fragments of ice, the spear went flying off over Mos's shoulder as the longsword he'd prepared appeared and was instantly sacrificed to deflect the attack.
    The remainder of the air under his feet expanded in a wave as Mos stepped, propelling him in a shuffling step straight in front of Marco in an instant. He held out his hand one last time, the sparks of his weapon creation showing themselves once again. Looking down at the man under his feet, he kept himself on guard despite his mostly erect posture.
    "Anything else you want to try?"

[the dark and light swords are essentially reskins of generic light and dark attacks (amplified by air for blocking purposes sometimes, but that's usually specified), so they're not something you can just pick up and throw back unless you have the corresponding ability.

Also, sorry bout the lateness. The original version of this post was eaten by the Internet and forum autosave didn't save it properly, so I had to recreate it from memory as best I could a few days later.]
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; February 20th, 2015 at 09:03 AM. Reason: explanation for lateness

"I...I give," Marco said, "you've... Got a counter for everything I have".
    He struggled a bit, trying to move but failing.
    "Light for my ice, and air for everything else... And now I'm out of power."
    He took a deep breath, and continued.
    "Congratulations, you've defeated a bunch of newbies. Do you feel good about yourself?"
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Mos paused for a moment before smirking a bit at Marco's response.
    "After beating three people, all of whom theoretically could have matched me, at once? I think I'm entitled to."
    Still smirking, the man in black extended his left hand down towards Marco to help him to his feet.
    "Want a hand up, or do you want to just sit here until you can recharge or whatever it is you do?"

Straining against the locked servos, Marco slowly reached for the offered hand. "Heh. Theory. In practice, I'd say you outclassed those theoretical matches."
    Breathing starting to smooth out, he continued to speak. "I did learn quite a bit, though. And I will defeat you."
    Don't worry!
    Worry!

Notice: Effective immediately, this iteration of the Glitz Pit has officially moved to Terra Firma. The new location of the game can be found here. I hope all of you will join us and continue to enjoy yourselves here in the Pit.

Thread Information