Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Roselia's Art and Plushies

Re: Butterfly's Art and Plushies thread

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post

Here’s some Pokémon I drew… I’m trying to find a cute way to draw them, but I have the problem of not being able to draw animals :/ Some turned out better, like Eevee, but others are awful, like Riolu.
    Gligar's design is very cute, as well as the majority of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

@itsameluigi1290 and EmpoleonLv.X: Thank you both!

I think I'll share a different version of my picture of Emilio that I put on Tumblr. I wasn't too sure about posting it here because it contains an Under the Knife 2 spoiler, so if you haven't played that game then you probably should look at the version of this picture I put in my last post on this thread. It's not that different to be honest.
    Spoiler: quite a big spoiler for UtK2 

Also I think I've been too obsessed with Trauma Center lately, so next time I update this thread I think I'll draw some Pokémon fanart to celebrate Generation VI! But for now, have one more new Trauma Center picture...

Spoiler: Maria 

Maria Torres, the protagonist from First Response mode of Trauma Team and one of my favourite characters. Though she punches the other paramedics in the face, and hates working with other people, and probably swears more than all the other characters put together, she'll stop at absolutely nothing to save someone's life. I'm not too happy with this one (her huge jacket is so hard to draw!) but I like how her eyes turned out.
    (I've been told Maria looks a lot like Chie from Persona? Unsurprising as both games were made by Atlus…)
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; August 26th, 2013 at 03:53 PM.

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

Hello! I’ve been neglecting this thread again, but since school started I've been really busy. Argh, I know last time I said I’d draw something related to Pokémon X and Y, but then I started watching Dangan Ronpa and playing Fire Emblem: Awakening and got distracted. ;-;

Spoiler: a few new pictures 

Hey now, your art is really coming along! I haven't happened across the Zero Escape games, but I must say that picture of Phi shows an admirable pursuit of more realistic proportions, despite your reservations-- The height from torso to waist is a bit long, and the hands strike me as a bit too small, but there are also elements that look quite well done, such as the shoulders, thighs, and basic shape of the arms. Keep at it, and I'm sure you'll be more and more satisfied with the results!

The chibi rendition below that also manages a pretty good body, again showing well done shoulders, as well as a much more proportionate distance from torso to waist. I'm also impressed by the coloring and simple shading, particularly on that huge head of hair. Nice!

And your FE family portrait looks very sweet! Stahl, eh? Despite your sentiment, I think you did an admirable job on the armor, especially the metallic silver bits, and the tacticians' robes look fine too, especially the hoods-- I understand how confusing such baggy garments can be. I also can sympathize with the problem of head sizes-- Although I do think there's room with a little inflation when using a stylized anime look, though, particularly with female characters. Your heads tend to be quite wide (and that's not necessarily a criticism, it may be a stylistic choice), so you may want to try and find your own balance in comparison to the shoulders. As for height, I seem to find somewhere between a third and a fourth of the space from shoulders to thighs looks pretty good, but again, there's no shame in experimenting.

Anyway, thanks, and I look forward to your next exhibition!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

Re: Mayaaaaa's Art and Other Random Stuff

May I buy that Raichu plush?

Ah, I forgot about this thread again. I've had a lot on my mind and been really busy with homework recently, so I haven't had a chance to draw as much as I'd like to. T.T

@Farbeitfromme: Sorry I didn't reply sooner ;-;
    I don't really draw people with realistic proportions that often, so yeah, I do need to practise more. I just find chibi characters so much easier to draw, though!
    Again, thanks for all your tips, especially the ones regarding head sizes! I'll bear them in mind next time I draw something more realistic.
    I think I may have already said this, but I really appreciate the way you take all this time to write your long replies. They really do help me a lot!

Anyway, I just have one new picture to post today. I tried something slightly different to normal, and I'm pretty pleased with it!

Spoiler: very vague trauma team spoilers i guess? 

Also I keep saying I'll upload something Pokémon-related but I always forget. Maybe I'll post some of my entries to Bulbagarden's Christmas Creative Challenge here next time I update this thread.

I thought I should share some of my entries for Bulbagarden's Christmas Creative Challenge here, since quite a few of them involved drawing! Just saying, I had 24 days to do these as well as some other challenges (that involved writing, singing, crafts, cooking, etc), and schoolwork and Christmas stuff, so they're kinda rushed.

Spoiler: pokemon christmas stuff 
    I hope you like that Pokémon-themed Christmassiness! (...Is that even a word?)

Spoiler: also something totally unrelated... 

Spoiler: I decided to do an Art Summary for 2013: 

A couple of the pictures aren't actually from the month it says (because I didn't draw anything in June or September ^^;;) but they're the closest I could get. Haha, they're almost all female and facing left. But anyway, I think I've improved a bit since the beginning of last year. The ones I like most are from August and October.
    This year I'm going to try drawing more male characters, people facing right, and proper backgrounds!

Spoiler: Also, random pic of Cherche I drew in November that I forgot to upload here 

Spoiler: one new pic 

Spoiler: Happy Valentine's day!! <3 

Spoiler: a Trauma Team/Ace Attorney crossover doodle 
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; February 17th, 2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: typo

Hey Butterfly... It's been a while! I'm sorry I haven't replied in so long, especially since you expressed appreciation for my thoughts. I certainly didn't forget this place though, and I wanted to drop in again to give some overdue thoughts.

Your 2013 art summary seems like a pretty good place to start! I particularly love this, not only because it shows your improving skills well, but also because it reveals to me your dedication to making finished pieces nearly every month. I wish I could be that prolific! As such, it's easy to see that you've made leaps and bounds in your character art through the past year, both in your faces and your figures... I must admit that in general, you're about to the point where I can't come up with much in the way of criticism without sounding nit-picky. You're far and away a better digital artist than I am. Still, I'll continue to point out things that catch my eye, but know that it's not because I feel I'm in a position where I could do better (it never has been that, really).

I guess I'll start by skimming over stuff since my last visit. All the Pokemon Christmas stuff is very well done-- In terms of sheer charm, the snow Bulbasaur, Meloetta, and the Crustle Cookie stand out to me, as does the Cynthia comic. Alongside that, I took note that the various human characters all look great-- The Sycamore and Fennekin portrait is a real eye-catcher with the snow effect, and you did a great job with the hair and face in general. I also took note that the full body pictures of Bianca and Cheren show off some classy outfit work, both on the figure and off. All in all, I'd say it's a very thorough celebration of the season!

Moving on, I'm particularly happy to see you showing off an original character-- and one with lots of personality to boot! The hat and its patches exude a mischievous charm, and the shirt and collar have a good trendsetter look to them. The high-contrast shading looks great all-around, but particularly on the hair and hat. I also really like the effect the bold colors have-- it gives the picture a bit of a pop-art look, which fits the piece perfectly. Finally, the facial features look well-placed all around and from what I can tell thoroughly convey your style, whatever the other influences might be. Excellent work all around, and I'd love to see other original characters from you!

In the next post, that colored pencil rendition of Cherche is another highlight of the newer batch of pictures, partially due to exhibiting your skill in a very different medium. The face and the hair are a perfect centerpiece, both well positioned and visually enchanting, and the proportions are strong all around. Your newest attempt at armor turned out pretty well in my opinion, and you managed to use the tones of grey to give shape to the metal plates quite effectively. I'd say the armor is strongest around the chest and the on the plates on the elbows, it's particularly in those areas where you do a good job of selecting appropriate tones to convey the direction each part faces. I also really like how the bat wing ornament turned out.

If you do venture out this year to practice armor, perhaps on more Fire Emblem characters, all I can do is encourage you to do is use lots of reference, both of the characters themselves and of metal objects. If you do that, I think you'll be able to get a clear idea on how to improve.

That picture of Jafar is another great digital achievement-- you again display excellent judgment in mapping out the face, given your style, as well as using shading to define the bridge of the nose without resorting to a dark line. The short hair also turned out well, although I think you maybe could have gone a little darker with the shading, unless the character's hair is just that bright. You also did a really good job on the outfit and the surroundings-- it's interesting to see some slightly exotic garments, and you've got an interesting technique for creating the night sky. The little creatures around him have an appropriately mystical look about them, and if I might observe, manage to allude to a characteristic theme in your own art.

Another resolution, eh? I wish you well as you practice the masculine qualities, and I would like to point out that you've already done something right along these lines in your Christmas portrait of Professor Sycamore. It appears to me that you've showed understanding of some of the general principles there, particularly the angularity of the jaw and the relative flatness of the chin, and I'd recommend playing around with those characteristics in the future, perhaps taking them a little further as well as widening the bottom of the face a bit. Really, so much of what makes a face look masculine has to do with the way the jaw is shaped, so when you go to take a look at how your favorite artists draw male characters, take special note of that area, as well as other things like the shape of the nose and eyes.

Finally, your Valentines picture is a great exhibit of your improvements in the areas of hair (Nice outlining and shading!) and figure (particularly on Naomi, Little Guy's is a bit tough to follow). The side view is another nice thing to see, and I think you did a good job with the manga style profile.

Well, it was a pleasure to drop in again! You're doing awesome, and if you keep on making art and improving with this kind of passion, good things are bound to happen! I think you're on to something with your new years resolutions (particularly regarding practicing male characters), so I would encourage you to keep that attitude alive while still continuing to do pictures you feel more confident with. Most of all, though, keep having fun!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

@Farbeitfromme: Again thanks, and it's okay that you haven't replied for a while- I understand that life can be busy sometimes and writing these replies must take a long time. And anyway you basically wrote an essay this time! xD And by all means be nitpicky. Anything that can help me improve! Whatever you say, you're a much better artist than me.

I'm glad you like my Pokémon Christmas things! Considering I didn't have long to do them, I do think some of them turned out quite well (particularly the Cynthia comic and the Sycamore card). As for my OC Catherine, my sister (BitF user Jelly deKiller) and I spent quite a bit of time designing her and we went through quite a few designs that were very different to her current one. But judging by your feedback it looks like her design worked and gave off the right vibe! I'm pleased with how the shading looks too. Maybe soon I'll post more art and stuff for the little project we're planning featuring her.

I think I'll draw more Fire Emblem characters soon so I can practice drawing armour more, since that's really the only series I like where a lot of the characters wear armour. I know my other friends who entered the "Knights" drawing contest had problems with armour as well (like BitF user ScarHeartx who I think you know). But when my friends and I draw together it's a lot more fun and we can give each other tips- ScarHeart does that all the time and she's really helped me improve!

As for Jafar's hair, it is bright white, but I do agree I could have done darker shading. Apart from that, I'm glad you like it! And yeah, I do see what you mean about Little Guy in my Valentine's Day pic. I find drawing faces in profile fine, but bodies, particularly male, are harder to draw. It was even harder because he was behind Naomi in my pic. I guess like with all drawings all I can do is practice, practice, practice!

And finally, Thanks for your tips on drawing males! I'll keep them in mind and keep trying.

And now for one more picture:
    Spoiler:  
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; February 22nd, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

I uploaded a pic of an OC, Catherine, a few months ago. These are two more characters from that same project Catherine is from- the AI/robot cat and rabbit, Umbra and Ella. Though they look cute, they're both pretty evil. I guess the relevance of the pun on "umbrella" will become clearer if my sis and I ever start this project properly...

Spoiler: Just a couple more OCs. 

Today I have a load of random stuff from the last few weeks...

Spoiler: ART 
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; March 25th, 2014 at 10:44 AM. Reason: colouring mistake :/

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

I thought Zach was Ricken at first. XD Good stuff. You gonna ask to have the thread title changed?

@itsameluigi: Haha yes, most of my OCs are inspired by/based on existing characters. Zach is partly based on Ricken, and has some similarities in looks and personality to Henry, as well as Trucy Wright from Ace Attorney. I just find it pretty hard to make up character designs from scratch.

Also, I'll see to getting the title changed. Thanks for reminding me!

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

I understand. I'm not too good at making completely original OCs either (yet). I'm pretty okay at redesigning Pokémon characters though. :P

No problem.

Re: Roselia's Art and Plushies

Spoiler: new pictures 

I drew Aladdin from Magi, North Italy from Hetalia, and Edgeworth from Ace Attorney for my friends Amirah, Fran, and Jess who are in the year above me. They ran Anime Club this year and they’re leaving school next week to revise for their A Levels. T.T They were always such great leaders… I know the other members of the club and I will miss them a lot. I did write little messages on these pictures, but I erased them before uploading them here because they’re quite personal.
    (Also I have not watched Hetalia so the pic of Italy may be a bit off, but I'm pretty pleased with the Aladdin one.)

Princess Kougyoku from Magi. She's pretty much my favourite princess character ever because she just proves that a great female character who's an amazing warrior doesn't have to be particularly "strong" (at least compared to other characters in her universe) and can also be quite girly! Plus, she’s adorable. I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, but I can't figure out how her hairpin/Metal Vessel is meant to look for the life of me... It's appearance seems to be different in every piece of art I see.

Spoiler: possible Trauma Center spoilers I guess? 

I haven't really drawn much Trauma Center art for a while, so I decided to draw this. They're the silhouettes of seven of the main GUILT victims in Trauma Center: Under the Knife. You'll recognise them (I hope) if you've played the game, and the quote "We found a way to overcome Death" is something that Derek says in one of the last chapters. It was pretty fun to draw!

Spoiler: Just going to dump a couple of OCs here 

The first one's called Rosemarie and the second one's called Clover. My friends and I designed quite a few of these magical girl-style characters and made up their backstories when we were bored once and it was really fun for some reason! I've started drawing them all properly now, and who knows, maybe one day I'll make a comic about them or something.
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; June 10th, 2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: colouring mistake ^^;;

I'm getting a Pretty Cure vibe...

1st one's Gothic design is really cool, as well as her dress. Are those elf ears?
    2nd one's hair and color scheme is really fitting as well. Seems so natural looking Mew Lettuce?

Maybe it's because I like Magical Girl designs, but I like these two a lot! It would be fun to see what you and your friends come up with!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mouser
    All users go. I may soon disappear. There is no need to dawdle on in the past. Let my words enlighten anyone who reads them.
    Tumblr - mint0h

I would have no idea about Pretty Cure considering none of my friends and me have ever watched it xD

For the first one, Rosemarie, we were going for a really cute Gothic Lolita look because to sum her up in one trope she's a perky goth. Since this whole magical girl thing was in no way serious we decided she's a vampire princess, hence the bat wings. The ears are meant to be bat ears!
    Clover was partly inspired by Mew Lettuce, yes. She's meant to be a fairy-- it might be a bit hard to tell, but those things on her back are wings, not part of her dress. She's also quite a bit younger than Rosemarie (who's a teenager) and we decided to make her an assassin for some reason... I guess we just find it interesting to have a little kid as an assassin.

I'm glad you like them! I have quite a few more left to draw (as well as a few magical boys...), then maybe we can start working on a proper story of some description ^^

Spoiler: butler and maid 
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; June 12th, 2014 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Information