Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roselia's Art and Plushies

Acta est fabula, plaudite! Twisted Roselia's Avatar

Roselia's Art and Plushies

~Welcome to Roselia's Art (and plushies) Thread!~

I love drawing, so I told myself, 'Why not make an art thread?' I'm not the best (lol no, my art is horrible compared to some people on here), but I'm quite proud of some of my drawings and plushies. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

(I've been trying to sort out and delete some old pictures from this post to clean it up a bit, and update it with newer ones. Some of these are still pretty old and not that great, but I don't want to get rid of them because they mean a lot to me aha. I can't find the pictures of most of my plushies BUT i will look for them and try to re-upload them later!)

Spoiler: EVERYTHING 
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; February 28th, 2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: updating...

Tumblr | Art and plushies thread! | YouTube
    3DS: 4785 - 5293 - 6706

Re: Mayaaaaa's Art and Other Random Stuff

Oh my goodness, I'm in love with your plushies! You've got some amazing talent watchootalkin'boutWillis!

I smiled at all the Ace Attorney art, too. :3 Though why does Iris have a halo? I always thought she was just serving time, not sentenced to death! (also Dahlia doesn't look evil enough)

I'm keeping an eye on this topic. You've got yourself a fan here!

Twitch / YouTube / Livestream (old)
    Yoshistar Galaxy - Streaming good ol' Nintendo shenanigans for all to watch and enjoy!

"The secret to enjoying life is to hold onto the kid inside of you." Detective Ema Skye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaaaaa View Post
    Ema Skye from the Apollo Justice series! I do like Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, but the original series will always hold a special place in my heart. Ema (with her grouchiness, science, Snackoos and pink glasses) is one of my favourite characters.
    why thank you

I love your style, it's so cute! I can only draw anime, I'm not very good at drawing in a more cartoonish style, but you're good at drawing both types of art! And I'm jealous of your Paint skills, even with a tablet I'm terrible at Paint
    There's no use worrying,

well, there are times like that, but tomorrow will be different!

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

You MADE those pushies YOURSELF?!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. But seriously, I'd pay 10 bucks for that Zelda plush, maybe even 15 bucks. Why can't Nintendo do stuff like this? I love the plushes, and that drawing of Link and Zelda is so cute. Good job!

Yeah, no one's watching me... TwilitKirby's Avatar

MOTHER OF ARCEUS those plushes are adorable! The drawings were really cute as well.
    I have a question too: How long does it take you to make a plush?
    It's kinda sad how the world can be a boring place.

May I present... my art thread! Stop by for a visit!

Check out my CYOA here!

"YOUR RESISTANCE IS USELESS!"
    -Palkia, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Hey, Mayaaaaa! *gasp* Welcome to the art board!

I agree with Itsameluigi, those plushies are really worthwhile. I especially like the Raichu and Kyogre ones out of the Pokemon, but all of them impress me. The clothing onethe human ones are particularly impressive. In the case of Zelda, the clothes alone on the Zelda plush are amazing, regardless of how you feel about the plush overall.

I also really look your drawings, my favorites being the digital Ace Attorney collection. Your style there is adorable in its simplicity as well as its personality. The more detailed drawings also look quite cute. Once again, I especially like Zelda.

Since you said you'd accept criticism, I'd be happy to share my thoughts. The biggest thing that caught my eye in regards to potential improvement is the width between the eyes and thus of the entire face. This is most pronounced in the picture of Link, which you acknowledged as looking a bit strange. I think that perhaps drawing the eyes a little closer together might make balancing the rest of the face a little easier, since the receding side looks a bit stretched to fit both eyes in. I recognize that a large amount of width between the eyes seems to be required for your style, but moving them a little to see how you like it might be worthwhile.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing more! Keep up the great work!
    For those interested in Nintendo fan art, feel free to check out my art thread, The Overdue.

Holy Toledo! Those plush dolls are very well done. I must say, they look like something you'd buy at the store! ^_^
    Seeing as you are able to make trainers, I'd love to see a Gary Oak one! [Also, could you seriously somehow teach me how to make these plushies? They are incredible, and seem like a ton of fun to make! ^_^] Also, did you use felt?

Yay, people already replied!

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshistar
    I smiled at all the Ace Attorney art, too. :3 Though why does Iris have a halo? I always thought she was just serving time, not sentenced to death! (also Dahlia doesn't look evil enough)
    Ah, that... That was actually part of a sequence of images. First, Dahlia and Iris appeared, looking happy. Then, halos appeared above their heads to show how 'angelic' they are. Then Dahlia's halo breaks, and she looks evil with devil horns, and Iris looks shocked. I would make it into an animation, but I don't know how! I actually did quite a few more pictures (the Oldbag/Edgey one was also part of a sequence) because they were going to be used in a video. I could upload more if you want, but they won't make much sense out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Ema Skye
    I love your style, it's so cute! I can only draw anime, I'm not very good at drawing in a more cartoonish style, but you're good at drawing both types of art! And I'm jealous of your Paint skills, even with a tablet I'm terrible at Paint
    Thank you so much! I only did the Ace Attorney scribbles on Paint because it was the quickest program to use. I'm horrible with a tablet- I could never draw anything detailed. I prefer to draw on paper, scan it and then colour on Photoshop.

Quote Originally Posted by itsameluigi1290
    You MADE those pushies YOURSELF?!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. But seriously, I'd pay 10 bucks for that Zelda plush, maybe even 15 bucks. Why can't Nintendo do stuff like this? I love the plushes, and that drawing of Link and Zelda is so cute. Good job!
    Sorry, but I had to LOL at 'pushies'! My mum says I should sell my plushies (she doesn't like them cluttering up the house) but I feel too attached to them! Nintendo's official plushies are so much better (I love Pokédolls!), but they haven't done a Zelda one I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitKirby
    I have a question too: How long does it take you to make a plush?
    It depends on how big and detailed it is. It takes me about 3 hours to one like Vanillite or the panda because they're so tiny and easy. For the 15cm human plushies it was about 2 days (about 6-7 hours altogether) and for Raichu, I spent about a week (it was a year ago so I can't remember the time, but I'd estimate about 20 hours). I hand sew everything so it takes longer, but I just don't trust my sewing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbeitfromme
    Since you said you'd accept criticism, I'd be happy to share my thoughts. The biggest thing that caught my eye in regards to potential improvement is the width between the eyes and thus of the entire face. This is most pronounced in the picture of Link, which you acknowledged as looking a bit strange. I think that perhaps drawing the eyes a little closer together might make balancing the rest of the face a little easier, since the receding side looks a bit stretched to fit both eyes in. I recognize that a large amount of width between the eyes seems to be required for your style, but moving them a little to see how you like it might be worthwhile.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing more! Keep up the great work!
    Okay, I'll bear that in mind! I used to draw eyes so spaced apart, there was almost a gap as wide as 2 eyes in between them. I've always had trouble with face shapes too. Anyway, I know everyone can improve, so I'll try my best and see if I can draw eyes better in the future. Thank you!

Anyway, thank you everyone for saying such nice things!

The "What I'm not ready HERE GOES" Strategy Jelly deKiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mayaaaaa
    I'll have to explain the following section... My sister and I were doing a little art and music project which involved Ace Attorney and a lot of rapping. We were going to make a video which needed me to draw lots of Ace Attorney pictures quickly on Paint, using our dad's tablet. We've kind of given up with it now, but here are some of the best pictures from the project which will (probably) make sense on their own...
    NOOOOOO! We have NOT given up! (I'm her sister by the way...and I can take credit for the red lines on Kyogre ) Anyway, if your interested this 'project' is a combination of Ace Attorney and the Party Rock Anthem (Maybe we should make a thread for it, but I don't know). We call it 'The Courthouse Rock Anthem'. Basically Mayaaaaa draws the pictures and I do the rapping and video editing. Maybe we wouldn't have 'given up' if she had DRAWN more PICTURES!!!

GIVE ME THAT ZELDA PLUSHIE!!!!!! I really love your non-video game art. Swan looks stunning. Tricia is gorgeous as well! Your Pokemon drawings and plushies are really good too! I ENVY YOUR PLUSHIE SKILLS!
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your signature and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven

romance option Lady of the Arena Lenore's Avatar

So I ducked in here a little while ago but didn't have time to comment. Your drawings are pretty impressive - although I usually prefer digital stuff, your pencil stuff is great too - and I was absolutely blown away by your plushies. How do you even do that stuff? :P

And it starts to snow in the streets of Mexico Piemaster's Avatar

You are very artistic.

Better than me. *cries*

Seeing that you make plushies... That's just awesome. You seem really good at the art of, err, Plush-Making?
    Anyways, I am impressed, I can't to see other art or plushies from you.

Do you take requests, hmm? Do a Phanpy plushie, oommmggg I would pay you lots for one
    I'm still around, friends. Just not here. Contact me okay?

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/4td0/
    Discord : 4td0#8859
    Email: jmh_4td0@hotmail.com
    Twitter: 4td0
    Youtube: The4td0

I've added links to my albums on ImageShack because apparently, for some people the images were taking too long to load...

Quote Originally Posted by Jelly deKiller
    Anyway, if your interested this 'project' is a combination of Ace Attorney and the Party Rock Anthem (Maybe we should make a thread for it, but I don't know). We call it 'The Courthouse Rock Anthem'. Basically Mayaaaaa draws the pictures and I do the rapping and video editing. Maybe we wouldn't have 'given up' if she had DRAWN more PICTURES!!!
    Calm down Jelly! LOL, by this post you inspired me to draw more pictures. The Courthouse Rock Anthem is back on!

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyHugger8D
    GIVE ME THAT ZELDA PLUSHIE!!!!!! I really love your non-video game art. Swan looks stunning. Tricia is gorgeous as well! Your Pokemon drawings and plushies are really good too! I ENVY YOUR PLUSHIE SKILLS!
    Thanks! I didn't think anyone would pay much attention to the non-video game art.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenore
    So I ducked in here a little while ago but didn't have time to comment. Your drawings are pretty impressive - although I usually prefer digital stuff, your pencil stuff is great too - and I was absolutely blown away by your plushies. How do you even do that stuff? :P
    By making a lot of mess To be honest, I've been sewing ever since I was about 6 years old (though that was mostly embroidery). Making plushies was always the most fun for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Piemaster
    Seeing that you make plushies... That's just awesome. You seem really good at the art of, err, Plush-Making?
    Anyways, I am impressed, I can't to see other art or plushies from you.

Do you take requests, hmm? Do a Phanpy plushie, oommmggg I would pay you lots for one
    YES, Plush-making is an art-form as I tried to convince my friends once. Also, as much as I'd like to make you a Phanphy (which are adorable), my parents would never let me make plushies to sell to people who I don't know and live may live anywhere in the world... So sorry!

Anyway, you people are so awesome, you get a bonus pic...

No, I do not know what Edgeworth is doing.

Yeah your non-video game is quite good. I would like to see more if it! And thank you for the bonus pic!
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your signature and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven

And it starts to snow in the streets of Mexico Piemaster's Avatar

You should still make one regardless. :P I would love to see the results via a picture.
    I'm still around, friends. Just not here. Contact me okay?

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/4td0/
    Discord : 4td0#8859
    Email: jmh_4td0@hotmail.com
    Twitter: 4td0
    Youtube: The4td0

Assist Trophy

Your art has a really cute, simple style to it, and I like that. This is notable in the Ace Attorney pictures. Another thing I noticed about your art is the quantity. You seem to draw a lot (I mean, that headgear one. Whoa!), and that's fantastic!

But what really blindsided me are your plushies. Just, whoa. Those are incredible. I'm very serious when I say I would buy one. You have some huge talent with those, and I'd really encourage you to keep at it and keep learning. Fantastic work.

Biggest thing I would point out - critique-wise - would be that you seem to bring in the side of the face too early and at too great an angle. Or, perhaps a better way to put it, is that the side of the face curves too much. Like a circle. Especially in the Link and Zelda picture, the Pokemon champion one, and to a lesser extent the one of Maya. Forgive my sullying your art, but I whipped up an example of what I'm talking about:

(I also moved Link's right eye a bit further in. That corresponds to what Farbeitfromme was talking about) You can see that there's more of a 'box' shape to the face. That, until about reaching the nose level (this is where the cheekbone is, and why it sticks out like that), the side of the face is a straight line, only curving it slightly. After reaching that nose point, it curves harder down, creating a sort of upside-down triangle to form the jaw. An important thing to note, the more rounded that cheek-bone to jaw part is, the more childish and young your character is going to look. Babies - for example - have _very_ 'ballish' cheeks, while teens/adults are much flatter and have more pointed jaws.

Compare these two: Child vs. adult.

Of course, cartoon and anime art takes liberties (I know, as my own style is hardly realism!), but these are things that can help you understand how to do something within your own style.

Hope all this helps! If you've ever got any questions about art or something you're struggling with drawing, I'd be happy to help! For now, though, just keep at it.

Gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and say those plushies are amazing. The Zelda in particular is adorable.

I also really like your Eevee (and evolutions) sketches. The lines are really fluid. They look very nice.

Ah, I've been neglecting this. I was on holiday and then school started and I haven't had much time to draw and sew.

Anyway, thanks so much everyone, especially Cyphir for all of those tips. I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

This next batch of art is mainly Ace Attorney scribbles, so be warned!

Steel Samurai fans - I debated whether or not to put Edgeworth in, but in the end, decided to do his arm only...
    Richard Wellington (2-1 spolier) - This one was funny and made my friend laugh.
    Tres Bien waitresses and Victor Kudo - Except he doesn't like Maya.
    Godot (3-5 spoiler) - There's another character in this one, and they make the picture quite cute. DEFINITELY DO NOT click if you haven't played 3-5.
    Pearl and Maya - This is just the two cousins celebrating Phoenix's victory!
    Edgeworth's objection - Like the Phoenix Objection pic, but with Edgey instead.
    Matt and Juan (2-4 spoilers) - Argh, Adrian's glasses look weird!
    Manfred von Karma 1 and Manfred von Karma 2 (1-4 spoiler) - I wish I could make these two into a gif. It's meant to alternate quickly between them.
    Lotta and her camera - This one was quick and easy to draw!
    Lisa Basil - There are so many small details on her...
    The Great Revival- Franziska von Karma (2-4 spoiler I think) - This is based on a scene from near the end of Justice for All.
    Dee Vasquez and Sal Manella - This is based on an official art of these two characters.
    Berry Big Circus - I loved drawing the silly characters from the circus!
    Angel Starr - Offering Udgey a caviar lunch, no less.
    Bonus pic from my last post - It's the one with everyone celebrating.

Okay, that was quite a lot, but those pictures don't take much time to draw. Here's some other art that isn't AA scribbles:

Ace Attorney bookmark - This started off as a bit of fun, but ended up taking much longer than intended. It took ages to find good quotes for Maya, Pearl and Gumshoe. Feel free to use!
    Franziska - This was a picture I did on Paint using only the mouse when I was bored. It turned out better than expected!
    Japan moodboard - This was something I did for school, but I'm really pleased with the result. It's inspiration for my Textiles Controlled Assessment- I have to make an article of clothing based on Japanese street fashion. I haven't erased the pencil marks around the edge yet. Oops. The sakura trees took a while to paint, but it was worth it!
    Hotel SUNSHINE! - Haha, Hotel Sunshine. It's basically an idea for a comic about a hotel my friend and I had during the summer. I don't know how far we'll get, but it's been fun trying. This picture took me absolutely AGES (especially the little hexagons), but I love it!
    Hotel SUNSHINE! logo - This is just the logo from the last picture.
    Hotel SUNSHINE! May - The pink waitress from Hotel Sunshine, May O'Naise.

Sorry about the lack of plushies! I've started one (and this one is from a video game that's NOT Ace Attorney or Pokémon!), but I just can't find the time to keep sewing it! I also want to make a penguin chick, but am currently figuring out the pattern.
    Yay, massive update. I would update my first post too, but I have to go and do Maths homework...
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; September 16th, 2012 at 03:04 AM.

Aghrgh, double-post , but I've been neglecting this thread again! And I still haven't made any more plushies... I haven't even finished the one I was talking about in my last post...

I'm planning on doing a couple of little Meloetta plushies soon (Aria and Pirouette Forme- I've been obsessed with the anime recently. The last few episodes were great, weren't they?), but I need to get more felt and glue first and I have exams () coming up, so I won't have much time to sew.

Spoiler: So instead, here's a random picture of Link I drew on Paint: 

Spoiler: EDIT: And my entry to the October (Halloween) art contest: 
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; November 13th, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Took a look at your albums on imageshack, and let me just say:

Wow. Your plushies are marvelous! Especially the Kyogre and Raichu ones. You gotta keep those plushies for sure. And you plan on making a Meloetta plushie? I can honestly say that I would look very much forward to see your plushie of that pokemon, especially the hair. First of all, good luck with your exams. :3

Your Ace Attorney art is very cool. One of the drawings you made that caught my eye must have been Micaiah - the pose in that drawing was rather made for action. And action is always good.

In total I would say that you make some nice eyes, especially the ones shaded. I wonder: when you are drawing, do you use guidelines building up the image before adding the final lineart? If not, then it is worth a try - it would help getting those tricky shapes looking more natural in the final piece. A lot in nature can be measured, human anatomy too.

Snazzy looking MSPaint Link, by the way. Perhaps some extra highlights to the hair would be a suitable final touch, like how his eyes has that extra shine. :3

Shimeji progress: 100% complete.
    My deviantArt account

Thank you cocohints! I know I'll try to keep my plushies for as long as I can but I kinda misplaced the Kyogre one... I'll try to start on Meloetta as soon as my exams are over.

I didn't use guidelines on most of the pictures I posted here, but I've started to use them more often recently, especially when I'm drawing stuff for Hotel SUNSHINE! (which I might make a thread for on Epic Yarn... someday... *sigh*). They really help with getting the proportions of faces right! Hopefully next time I post some art here, you'll be able to tell the difference.

I'll try adding more highlights to MSPaint Link's hair (and maybe MSPaint Franzy's too), but I can never tell how the highlights are meant to go on hair.

Hey, Merry Christmas everyone! Here's a mega-Christmas-Pokémon update!

Well, now my exams are over (and I'm really pleased with how I did!), I've been drawing more often, but mostly it's been for Bulbagarden's 12 Days Christmas Competition. There were challenges every day for 12 days, where you had to create something- art, a short story, or even a Pokémon card, and each thing you do gets a maximum of 5 points. The prize is a WiiU! The competetion finished a couple of days ago, so we're still waiting for the results, but I thought I'd share my entries here.

Spoiler: Day 1 

Spoiler: Day 2 

Spoiler: Day 3 

Spoiler: Day 4 

Spoiler: Day 5 

Spoiler: Day 6 

Spoiler: Day 7 

Spoiler: Day 8 

Spoiler: Day 9 

Spoiler: Day 10 

Spoiler: Day 11 

Spoiler: Day 12 

Yeah, so that's my entry! I can't believe I did all that in 12 days, as well as carry on with doing Christmas stuff. There were also daily riddles that were worth a lot of points as well, but I found most of them quite easy. Now all I have to do is wait for the results...

I hope you guys all have a super-awesome Christmas!

EDIT: Turns out I came second... it was SO CLOSE. If I'd done all of the bonuses I would have won. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by Twisted Roselia; January 1st, 2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Typos...

You are about to see what happens when Maya is bored, depressed about coming so close to winning a Wii U, and can only be bothered to use a pencil and black biro to match her gloomy mood.

Spoiler: This 

I should probably stop talking in third person now. Anyway, here's something else I did out of boredom.

Spoiler: Dahlia Hawthorne 

HappinessIsBlau HappinessIsBlau's Avatar

OH MY GOSH! These are absolutely lovely, both your plushies and drawings! Wow I'm jealous, your digital art is awesome!! I always wanted to learn how to do art digitally but I never really got the hang of it, sadly. c: You have some amazing talent here!! That torchic is amazing, you made it with your own pattern? I'm in awe!! How did you do it, if you don't mind me asking? Like, did you study other patterns or did you just whip something up and use it? Whatever the case, it worked magnificently! This is me bowing down to your skills, my dear. And also, I can see the improvement in your art with the more you post! Amazing work, amazing work.

Thank you very much! (Ha, my gloomy act only lasted for one post, and even then I don't think it was very convincing.) About digital art, don't worry, just keep trying! It took me ages to learn how, and even now I still mostly draw the outlines on paper an scan them in before colouring them. And about the Torchic plushie, I always wanted to make one, but I couldn't find a pattern on the internet so I tried to do it myself. It was okay, since Torchic's design is quite simple. (In case you're wondering, I... lost the pattern ^^; ) Since then I've made patterns for Vanillite, Chingling (the actual pattern is in the 'Day 5' section of my Bulbagarden 12 Days of Christmas post) and the panda, which are all still pretty simple. If you use other people's patterns to start with, you'll start to figure out how they work, and what you should do to make your own.

Thread Information