Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gravity Falls

What Would Bayonetta Do? Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

Gravity Falls

Gravity Falls is a new animated series on Disney Channel (it premiered on June 29). Since I'm awful at explaining, I'll leave it to Wikipedia:

The show concerns the adventures of twin brother and sister Dipper and Mabel Pines, whose summer plans are ruined when their parents ship them off to their Great Uncle Stan in Gravity Falls, Oregon. Uncle Stan lives in and runs The Mystery Shack, a tourist trap which overcharges unlucky visitors for a glimpse at the world's most bizarre museum, but little do Dipper and Mabel know that there really is something very strange going on and they must rely on one another to find their way in this unfamiliar town.
    It's by the same person who did Flapjack, and I'll be honest, I thought that show sucked. But Gravity Falls is really great, it's funny and light-hearted, but a wee bit mysterious (okay that's not the right word but it's not ALL light-hearted). Dipper is a more conventional kid who loves to go on adventures, and Madel is very optimistic and bubbly, though she's not exactly the brightest at times, and the two characters have a really great dynamic that you can feel from even the first episode and the writing of the plot is really great too.

It shows on Fridays on Disney Channel at 9:30 Eastern time (just a guess), but I personally have been watching it online since that's a lot easier (I'd give links but that falls under "illegal activities" but y'all are smart people, you'll figure it out), and if you're looking for a new show to watch, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

Anyone else a fan?
    Last edited by Elfice; July 7th, 2012 at 05:08 AM.
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

Re: Gravity Falls

I've been watching this show since it premiered and it's great. I heard they have an on going plot planned out already so hopefully they quack the case in the first season.
    Edit: I was randomly going through the internet as I usually do when I found something. So in the theme and credits there are whispers. So people played it backwards and these are the messages in the first four episodes
    1:"three letters back. In the book there were a bunch of weird letters:VWDQ LV QRW ZKDW KH VHHPV Go three letters back for each one and you get:STAN IS NOT WHAT HE SEEMS.
    2:NEXT WEEK: RETURN TO BUTT ISLAND.
    3:He's still in the? vents
    4:Carla, why won't you? call me?
    When new episodes come I'll either just make a new post or update this one.
    Last edited by ultrakirby64; July 7th, 2012 at 05:05 AM.

Cute Little Poot

*Sigh*
    This show is amazing.
    It's got nice humor, and the characters are nice and likeable.
    Also, did anyone notice this is a kiddie version of twin pines? I think that's the name.

I absolutely love this show, it's the best animated series(besides Korra) I've seen in a loooong time it better last for a while.

Ok got the next one
    5: Onwards Aoshima!

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

So this is my latest obsession. Not only am I enjoying the massive quality of each episode, but I'm also really liking the subtle puzzle aspect of this show - blink-and-you-miss-it clues, hidden messages, little hints - I love 'em to death.

Lemme just leave this here, 'kay?

Also, this show has a pretty great soundtrack, and I hope that the OST gets a full release sometime in the future.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Oh for any of you wondering the fifth episode is already online. I would leave a link but my brother was the one who showed it to me and he forgot where it was .
    No wait I just looked for it and for some reason it's on an anime site.
    SNF EDIT: Yeah no, cutting this link out for legal reasons.
    Oh and next weeks episode has the best title ever: Dipper vs. Manliness!
    Last edited by Superninfreak; July 10th, 2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Illegal link

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    Lemme just leave this here, 'kay?

Also, this show has a pretty great soundtrack, and I hope that the OST gets a full release sometime in the future.
    Wait, where is this song from? I don't recognize it being played in the show...

Also, the opening should get an award for "Best Instrumental Opening."
    3DS: 5069-4096-2101

"Guidance to the one who holds determination."

Welcome to my lair. (also known as tumblr to the not cool kids)

Star Warrior

I just watched the first four episodes today and wow can I just say this show is amazing. It's got great humor, plot and characters while having that underlaying element of creepiness and mystery to it. I'll definitely be keeping up with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    Wait, where is this song from? I don't recognize it being played in the show...

Also, the opening should get an award for "Best Instrumental Opening."
    It hasn't been officially labeled as an extended version of the theme song, but it sounds VERY similar to it (particularly at the end), and it was found on the same composer's website with no description at all. The biggest difference is the key.

hey look a tumblr

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

The first couple episodes are actually on Disney's website.

I've watched two episodes so far, and the first episode was good but nothing amazing, but I really enjoyed the second episode.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

man it hurts to be this hip Bionichute's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superninfreak View Post
    I've watched two episodes so far, and the first episode was good but nothing amazing, but I really enjoyed the second episode.
    Episodes 3 and 4 are really good, and you should watch them:
    SNF EDIT: Editing the links out, for obvious reasons.
    Episode 3 has Larry King AND Coolio in it!
    Last edited by Superninfreak; July 11th, 2012 at 07:31 AM.

Yeah, I am planning on watching those episodes, but don't post links to non-legitimate places to watch the show. It's against the rules and as Elfice said:

(I'd give links but that falls under "illegal activities" but y'all are smart people, you'll figure it out)
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

People like this are great:

(that's the creator of Gravity Falls for those who don't know)

hey look a tumblr

Edit: Ninja'd by Elfice.
    Dammit Elfice.

So, uh, does anybody know if any episodes are on iTunes?

The first one is free in both standard and high definition, and the 2-4 are $1.99 standard definition, $2.99 for HD. Though it looks like you can't get a season pass yet (I got the season pass for season one of Legend of Korra oh man best decision)...I personally might wait until they do that, or until the season is concluded. Probably didn't do that because they didn't exactly know how reception would be, but hopefully they'll see how popular the show is across the board and offer that.

hey look a tumblr

If you see this message, I came back to see everything. I miss this forum in the old days :c Vi's Avatar

I watched this show for the first time when it came out and I loved it :D

One of my favorite shows now it gives me the opportunity to go and watch the Disney Channel again (because I got bored with all the live action crap).
    The show is well done, music is great, cast of characters are awesome and funny (Favorite is Mabel :D). So yeah, I love this show. 9/10
    "Freeze!....Or don't, I don't care. "
    Spoiler: RAVE DANCE PARTY GO! 

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

Episode 6 got leaked a little early, so I was able to watch it. It was as good as always, and even had shoutouts to ABBA of all things.

The puzzle (translated this myself, so there might be a few mistakes):

MR. CAESARIAN WILL BE PUT NEXT WEEK

MR. ATBASH WILL SUBSTITUTE
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    Episode 6 got leaked a little early, so I was able to watch it. It was as good as always, and even had shoutouts to ABBA of all things.

The puzzle (translated this myself, so there might be a few mistakes):

MR. CAESARIAN WILL BE PUT NEXT WEEK

MR. ATBASH WILL SUBSTITUTE
    Damn son, 6 got leaked and 5 hasn't even aired yet? Who keeps leaking these episodes?

hey look a tumblr

I finally was able to catch a few episodes yesterday when they aired on Disney, and I must say, I've fallen in love with this show! Everybody's right, the characters have a charming amount of depth to them, the humor is great, and it's fun to watch this mystery of theirs.

And wow, at least it means we know the show is good if someone keeps wanting to leak them, haha. I'll definitely be waiting till they actually air on TV, though!
    They say you can't keep a good man down, but some prefer to take in the scenery while they're there.

Now sending file "tyranitar_sandstorm.bke" Bucken-Berry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfice View Post
    It's by the same person who did Flapjack
    No, it's just by a guy who helped work on Flapjack.

Anyways, yeah, it's a great show. Reminds me a lot of CN's RS, but that's probably because both of the creators of these shows worked on Flapjack together.
    Brawl: 2793-5866-7066
    White 2: 1464 4342 6887
    Diamond: 2364 6969 3752
    Black: 1893 1040 7122
    MKWii: 2965-8537-1459
    3DS: 0044-2803-6292
    Dream Suite (AC):5600-2360-9411 (updates everyday!)
    Be sure to check out: Rare Gamer Forums!

I'm just gonna put this here.

I'm glad that episode 5 gave some development to Wendy, since she hadn't really done anything until now.

Thank you, you useless reptile. Forum Veteran Doofenshmirtz's Avatar

Oh boy where do I start with this show

I just started to watch it today and man I fell in love with it with the first episodes I saw (barring the second one which I found a bit lacking)

I really love the characters, especially Dipper and Mable, and wow the animation is just great

Bad news: The show's taking a break for the next two weeks, new episodes won't be back till August 10th.

This week's episode was probably my least favorite, there were some good laughs, but I didn't think it was as interesting as the others.

Maybe the reason it's taking a break is because it keeps getting leaked on the internet. So everyone watches it there and the show isn't getting as many ratings. So Disney might think no one likes the show and decide to cancel it.

Anyway on lighter news have any of you heard this yet?
    Last edited by ultrakirby64; July 20th, 2012 at 10:57 PM.

Thread Information