Page 1 of 110 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Playing (Gamer's Edition - READ BEFORE YOU POST)

Level 56 Monk (Job Level 8) Rad's Avatar

Now Playing (Gamer's Edition - READ BEFORE YOU POST)

This topic is created to discuss video games in general, but does fulfill certain needs around here.

• To help decrease the total postcount (speaking of future related) from the community thread to help improve discussions, and to decrease the bandwidth to help prevent some lag a user may have going on a enormous thread.
    • This eliminates the need to create a thread that will be answered in two or three posts.

Please do not spam or attempt any "postcount+1" posts (as if there's a difference nowadays) and we'll be alright. Discuss whatever video game to your heart's content whether it's new, old, rented, purchased, loaned, obscure, mainstream . . . whatever the case may be!
    Last edited by Lightningboalt; November 2nd, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Rad_Beoulve/Signatures/MonkRadandRafaSignature2.jpg

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar
    I've been playing a bit of Turtles in Time recently and wonder why the XBox Live Arcade version of the game didn't use the SNES game as a base but instead the Arcade version, which cut out three bosses(and replaced two others), and had less levels(albeit slightly).

I recall most fans going for the nostalgia factor would've adored a remake of the SNES version, unless that was held ransom by Nintendo/Konami.

About the game itself, eh, I can get to around 1300 on most solo runs on hard mode, but usually end up losing lives mostly around Slash and Bebop/Rocksteady. Other lost lives are just careless mistakes(oops i got zapped twice by the roadkill rodneys). I dunno what to say on a list of "toughest bosses" in that game, but I do know that Slash is probably on top since he blocks your attacks and has an unforgivingly long range on his spammy attack if you don't capitalize on his weak point immediately.

Slash is the only TMNT: Turtles in Time boss that generally gives me the runaround. I can't even begin to tell you how many total lives I've lost to Slash alone. That prehistoric so-and-so has a habit of getting the killing blow behind me (though that's more my fault than Slash's). Bebop and Rocksteady themselves don't give me any trouble. More often than not, a running tackle always gets the better of them. Rocksteady seems to be less defensive than Bebop is which is strange since I remember it being the other way around when I was younger.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/Rad_Beoulve/Signatures/MonkRadandRafaSignature2.jpg

The issue with Bebop/Rocksteady I find is that Rocksteady's running tackle does a surprisingly high amount of damage(and the rapier thrust as well) as compared to Bebop's attacks. It's really a combination of those two attacks that end up making me take too many hits and causing me to lose a life at that stage, though with some careful play this can be avoided sometimes. I already know that to end the fight you focus on one of the two, my target used to be Bebop but for some reason that I can't remember, I started aiming for Rocksteady.

As for Slash, I remember my old routine used to be to initiate the attack string on him immediately(stand behind him before the fight begins). Hit him the 4-5 times to force him to jump, then follow him with a running tackle.

When he's low on life(2/3 bars left), he'll do the roll attack, and will usually initiate it if you try to keep hitting him when he's blocking(i've noticed he does this mostly if you're aligned to be hit with it, otherwise this doesn't happen). Back off after an attack string once he's low on life, bait him to do it and repeat. He'll usually do it after recovering from a short attack string.

This sounds simple in theory but this requires precise execution to get down. One mistake and you're back to trying to hit his back.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Slash is def. the hardest boss for turtles in time; though I find his difficulty to be incredibly erratic. Sometimes I'll have a really easy tome on hard mode, and sometimes he'll just murder me on easy ._.

also megaman x command mission is fun

Started .hack//Infection Part 1

BlackRose is so tsundere
    [CENTER]

To be honest, I've never played a tmnt game alone. Only ever at my grandma's house with a cousin. Slash isn't too difficult with two people since his block is only on one side. Think we always had the most trouble with just normal enemies rather than bosses but possibly because the last time I played it was over five years ago but yeah. Greeeeaaat game. All this talk of it makes me want to play pokemon silver while waiting for my turn at radical rex.

In other news I still haven't gotten that guild invite from that guy :< Guess I'll just continue along the storyline on alt characters and do a bit of title-hunting a bit. At 120/140 for Elonian Skill Master, which is good. Can probably get that by the end of the week, which will get my my rank 1 KOABD and stuff. After that probably gotta get back to rep farming and such. Or at least until I get that invite from that guy :< Suppose it doesn't help that hes British or something and only on mondays and tuesdays.

Hmm . . . not sure what I'm going to play next.

I'm somewhat tempted to restart Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, but I've done so much work up until this point trying to fuse and get the King Dragon God that I'm not sure if I want to. :C

. . . the major downside to trying to continue my pursuits now is that I have no clue how the hell to play the game anymore.
    *insert awe-inspiring sig artwork here*

Oh hey, someone else that plays Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker as well! it's a shame that the online play doesn't interest me in the slightest . . .

Currently, my focus has been on Persona 4. I've been overdoing the grinding since my MC's (Keiji Urahara) level is 35 before rescuing Yukiko. I'm still trying to get used to the persona using system knowing that it's way different than the demon summoning system in SMT: Devil Survivor. I will admit, though, that it's quite lovely seeing a 3D version of my beloved Lilim. <3

Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    my mc's (keiji urahara) level is 35 before rescuing yukiko.
    ...WHAT

...how, is this... possible

fkasdjflksdf

It was quite a surprise for me to find out that shadows respawn after switching floors. Once I realized this, grinding ahoy!

My current goal now is to unlock Taotie in order to use Megido. It was awesome in SMT: Devil Survivor and I'd like to see its effectiveness in P4 now. I could've had the opportunity last night, but I gave it a rest in order to get enough sleep to wake up, eat, shower, and come to work . . . which is where I'm posting from right now.

Photobucket Smooth Operator VIP Rebel Vanguard's Avatar
    Lately I've been playing the Kingdom Hearts and I'm making good process. It's been the first time since I've played the original KH though, once I'm done with this one I'll most likely play KH Re: CoM.

But right now in KH I'm at the part where the battle level changed, and right now I'm just grinding. My guys are at level 60 so I'll probably advance the plot as soon as I start playing this Friday. I just can't wait for BBS to come out, that game looks really good.
    And what's this?
    Josh was here

Currently playing through Ace attorney Investigations:Miles Edgeworth and oh my god this is so much fun. I really missed playing good old Phoenix Wright games. Apollo Justice didn't really do the series justice(PUN INTENDED 83). We get awesome old characters like Gumshoe and windy old hag Wendy Oldbag. The investigations are so much fun that I barely miss the courtrooms at all. My only problem is, it feels a bit.. constrained I should say? I can't go back and visit old rooms. I mean, doing so is pointless, it just feels a bit too linear to me. That's my only real problem.

Currently on case 3 and Kay is officially my second favorite stalker assistant girl. Also Edgeworth is working up a good harem with Ema, Oldbag, Gumshoe, Franny and Kay. It's size almost rivals mine I mean what.

I guess I'm a badass mother****er! Gedz's Avatar
    <AuriServ> he lives in the place where people walk around naked.
    Donkey Kong 64
    Pokémon Stadium 2

and i have some others but i'm like meh
    and since my gc controller broke i can't play super mario rpg :<

and now you all want to play donkey kong 64 because you know that game is awesome
    [02:16] <nico> well rebel is
    [02:17] <nico> terebel
    [02:17] * nico was kicked by kennthium (kennthium)
    Spoiler: PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE POKEMAN BEHIND THE SPOILER CURTAIN 
    [/CENTER]

Forum Veteran Forum Veteran Sonic's Avatar
    Just starting the 3rd case of PW: JfA (lol me still playing this when everyone else is playing AAI).

And yes SNF I know the game sucks except for the last case you've told me about 54378543 times

Quote Originally Posted by Gedeon View Post
    and now you all want to play donkey kong 64 because you know that game is awesome
    I actually kinda do, too bad I won't until I finish JfA (which isn't going to happen anytime soon).

tumblr | last.fm | steam
    Skype: UWHuskies178 | 3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269 | Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik

Donkey Kong 64
    Pokémon Stadium 2

and i have some others but i'm like meh
    and since my gc controller broke i can't play super mario rpg :<

I actually did play that game, but didn't find a need to pick it up again after I completed it with 101%. Not enough incentive to play again... it felt too much like another fetch quest game somewhere around the middle, before getting Chunky.

Is it bad that I spent more time later on in that game playing Jetpak or whatever it was called instead of the actual DK64?

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    My current goal now is to unlock Taotie in order to use Megido. It was awesome in SMT: Devil Survivor and I'd like to see its effectiveness in P4 now.
    The megido family of spells really aren't that great in P4 though it's a &&&&& when you get hit by them.

idiot scrubnerd supreme Pikmin-Rules's Avatar
    An igloo in an uncharted region of Canadia
    A couple of days ago I discovered this, which happens to be really addicting.
    God damn sandboxes
    HEY KIDS I'M BACK haha jk no i'm not
    THE LEGACY OF A GREAT WEBCOMIC

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    Also Edgeworth is working up a good harem with Ema
    Too bad she only appears once :<

Also, loli Franny.

I think SMT: Nocturne is gonna wrap up (heading to the Tower of Kagutsuchi at level 72, party consists of Amaterasu, Odin, and Nyx), along with AAI:ME (Middle part of the investigation on the last case, but it shouldn't take that long).

With this month being a good vidya month, I dunno what I'm gonna do next. I could keep playing SMT: Devil Summone: RK, or I could go pick up Pokemon HeartGold. Probably not FFXIII though (not yet, anyway). And it's still only a ways away from SMT: Strange Journey so I do have to keep myself occupied until then.

Your internet handle is therapeuticAlkali and you THiNK vEry HigHly of your NamE you guE22

You'll eat 'til you're full! Then you'll eat 'til you burst! Then you'll eat some more! Gun's Avatar
    i forgot what i was doing in twilight princess i haven't played it so long

something about reekfish idk

The only RPer who RPs shopping in the glitz pit Captain Panda's Avatar
    FF1 for the iPod

earthgift shrine B2 is &&&&ing annoying. i get lost real easily in this level.

It's just like the first time! Mariorulez14's Avatar
    The Beatles: Rock Band-- All You Need is Love is finally on the Wii version. I need Wii Points BAD.
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time-- Biggoron's Sword ahoy!
    Sonic Riders-- Borrowed from a friend; I'm just cruisin'. Redoing Story modes multiple times in order to get Rings.
    Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks-- Ocean Temple is fun the 2nd time around.
    Metroid-- Emulation found here: Nintendo 8. I'm in Brinstar at the moment, hopefully near Kraid.
    Punch-Out!! (NES)-- Finally picked that back up. I can own everyone else EXCEPT FOR SUPER MACHO MAN. Stupid...wiggly...pecs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun
    something about reekfish idk
    Does it have anything to do with catching one?

Donkey Kong 64

I played through and beat DK64 five times. It is epic. The bosses are challenging, and funny

===

I'm currently playing through No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle again on Mild difficulty. I'm trying to see how many times I can beat the game before I give it back to my friend in a couple of weeks or so. :P
    Monster Hunter Generations | Name: Yami G | HR: ???

"Welcome to the only thing scarier than IRS headquarters" ~Gex
    Xbox: YamiGekusu | PSN: YamiGekusu | Nintendo Network: YamiGekusu

SMTDS isn't boding well for me, I'm afraid. Belzaboul is a ridiculous boss and as if it wasn't hard enough, he has UL range.
    Got some TWEWY going on the side though, trying to organize/100% pindex which is just about the most tedious process ever thought of by a person
    and the things that keep us apart
    keep me alive

and the fears that keep me alive
    keep me alone

Thread Information