Hey everyone, it's that time of year again! Summer's here, and that means it's time to beat some people senseless over the Internet via Super Smash Brothers Brawl! This will be a vanilla tourney, standard rules, double elimination, etc.
Speaking of, here they are:
- Three (3) stock.
- Eight (8) minute time limit.
- All items off.
- If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
- If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
- If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
- If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game. This also counts as a win even if the game says that the other player won.
- If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Stalling (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable) is banned.
- The first match of a game must be played on a Neutral Stage:
- Final Destination
- Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
- Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
- The loser of the first game will then then choose a stage for the second round. This process is repeated for game 3, if necessary. If the loser's stage is not picked, end the match and do not proceed until the proper stage is selected.
- The winner of the first match is locked into the character they originally chose. The loser of the first match may switch characters if they choose to. If a third game is played, neither players may switch characters from who they chose in the second match.
- When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
- Battleship Halberd
- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Frigate Orpheon
- Jungle Japes
- Lylat Cruise
- Rainbow Cruise
- Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.
This tournament will be on July 13th at the following times:
- 4 p.m. EDT
- 3 p.m. CDT
- 2 p.m. MDT
- 1 p.m. PDT
9. Chicken Rider
10. Chaos Kiwi
11. Pringles and Rockets
13. Agent Gold
The bracket will be posted the day before the tournament (July 12).