Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movie Thread

A geology student on an adventure! OrangeOctopi's Avatar

Re: Marvel Movie Thread

Yeah, I agree that they should have had more of an epiphany for Banner and Thor than just "Hey, the world's gonna get destroyed, better pull together!" Although I think Thor at least has the justification that Loki is his brother and he feels somewhat responsible for him. As for the Hulk... Uh, Cap's just that good of a leader?
    Yep, they definitely could have done more about the Hulk, but I honestly preferred Ruffalo as Banner, he was probably my second or third favorite character.
    Hey everybody it's not Chuggaaconroy!

Quote of the now-> Tony Stark: That man is actually playing Galga. He thought we wouldn't notice, but we did. -The Avengers

Games I love: Poke'mon Crystal, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, BanjoKazooie, Kirby's Dreamland 2, Harvest Moon 64, Paper Mario... and the list goes on.
    All Super Smash Bros. games are kind of a given.

I'm a Mormon, I'm a Christian. Mormons are Christians. Please get your facts straight.

And FYI, I'm a girl. Just so ya know.

My deviantART
    My FanFiction
    Blog of Adventure

I'm going to be really cocky for a moment say say that The Avengers is totally going to out-do Avatar... or at least Titanic.

Banned

I saw The Avengers last Sunday, awesome movie. It's like the Smash Bros. of Marvel.

I read this interesting article about possible candidates to make the movie Avengers more diverse:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...tey-est-Heroes

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing White Tiger, Shang-Chi, and Black Panther in the movies, but really, why HASN'T there been a Luke Cage movie yet? Not to mention, in retrospect...
    Why WASN'T War Machine in this movie?

I was seriously expecting
    War Machine to pop up in the final fight

I just realized that my "title" was stupid since it's april now Meta-Mind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snifit View Post
    I was seriously expecting
    War Machine to pop up in the final fight
    I was too, frankly. I mean, SHIELD
    just sent a nuke
    first. Didn't they remember
    Jim Rhodes/
    War Machine, former Air Force pilot? I don't quite remember if he quit the military after Iron Man 2, but I'm pretty sure he didn't - and given the amount of influence SHIELD has in the Iron Man movies, pulling some strings to get Rhodes to "stop the mess" would've been pretty in-character.
    Last edited by Meta-Mind; May 28th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.

I get the feeling we'll get an explanation of WHAT War Machine was doing at that time in Iron Man 3.

Tornado Remix Lightningdork
    Forum Moderator
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Honestly I could care less about War Machine at this point... I hated Don Cheadle in the role, Terrence Howard actually had chemistry with Downey and they felt like they truly cared about each other, Cheadle didn't resemble him in the slightest and felt like he couldn't care less about Stark. His delivery was flat and uninteresting in my opinion, I can stand replacement actors if they deliver (ala Mark Ruffalo, I'll always wonder what an Avengers with Ed Norton would have been like because I'm a big fan of his, but Ruffalo was very enjoyable as Banner/Hulk) but if they don't then I lose any interest in the character. Rhodey's frankly been ruined for me now, so I was very satisfied
    that he wasn't in Avengers
    Official BitForums Patron Deity
    Skiploom Adventures is still a thing! Click here to read it!

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now
    Playstation 4: Making you feel emotions that you have never felt in real life.

Speaking of Iron Man...

http://www.thesuperficial.com/iron-p...photos-05-2012

What I find interesting is that Iron Patriot is Norman Osborn, aka the Green Goblin from Spider-Man. Since Sony still owns the movie-making rights to all Spider-Man characters and material, I don't know how this is going to work...

Forum Veteran Forum Veteran Sonic's Avatar

Pretty sure that it's just going to be
    someone else that's not Norman Osborn using the Iron Patriot armor.

Apparently this guy.

tumblr | last.fm | steam
    Skype: UWHuskies178 | 3DS FC: 2363-6130-2269 | Nintendo Network ID: Sawnik

Okay, so as it turns out,
    "Iron Patriot", or rather the costume that looks like Iron Patriot in that screenshot,
    is really just War Machine with a new paint job:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/6/8/...medium=twitter

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

So I finally watched the Incredible Hulk last night, which means that all I have to watch now is Iron Man 2 to get caught up on the Avengersverse movies.

I actually really enjoyed it, to be honest. I feel like Abomination could have stood to have had more screen time, but that's just me.

Rather excited to see what they'll do for Hulk 2,
    which should be the Leader if I'm right

So, is anyone going to go and see the Spider-man reboot?
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

I literally hate figurative literals. itsameluigi1290's Avatar

I AM! *Runs to theatre not realising it isn't out yet* Aw. Anyway, I also hated how they changed War Machine's actor. I don't like Don Cheadle, I dunno why, but I just don't like him.

On the topic of Hulk, at first I was like but then I was all annoyed that they changed Hulk's actor, but Ruffalo really fit well for the Hulk. No offense to Norton, but Norton was kind of... scrawny, I guess. He didn't match the character that well, and he didn't have black curly hair, IIRC. BTW,
    what happened to the scientist guy, anyway? That stuff dripped on his head and it got all wurbly, but he smiled and the camera cut away. Was he anyone significant? And was he even in the comics?

hey sinnerman where you gonna run to Forum Veteran Eruedraith's Avatar
    Cast down with the smokers and the children

He's implied to be the Leader, I believe, which is a hyper-intelligent gamma mutant.

I personally preferred the scrawny Norton, actually. It created more of a split between himself and the Hulk, and also made him a lot more sympathetic at first glance.
    tumblr | YouTube | Steam | Grooveshark | MyAnimeList

He were not hanged. He would not answer aye or nay to his indictment; for if he denied the charge they'd hang him surely, and auction out his property. So he stand mute, and died Christian under the law. And so his sons will have his farm. It is the law, for he could not be con-demned a wizard without he answer the indictment, aye or nay... Great stones they lay upon his chest until he plead aye or nay. They say he give them but two words. "More weight," he says. And died.

The Mandarin is confirmed to be a villain in Iron Man 3:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Manda...ain-31931.html

He's pretty much Iron Man's arch-enemy, right? I'd say it's about time.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Eruedraith View Post
    He's implied to be the Leader, I believe, which is a hyper-intelligent gamma mutant.

I personally preferred the scrawny Norton, actually. It created more of a split between himself and the Hulk, and also made him a lot more sympathetic at first glance.
    The shame of it is that unless they change their movie schedule, they won't be having a Hulk 2 any time soon. Cap 2, Iron Man 3, and Thor 2 are all slated for the next few years (Iron Man next May, Thor next November, Cap in 2014) and Marvel's been doing a 2 major film releases per year schedule. I was looking forward to a movie with the Leader... granted, I was ALSO hoping things would work out with Ed Norton.

I'll always be a bit upset Norton had the falling out with Marvel because I would have loved to see what he would be like in Avengers, I like the guy and think he's a great actor. That said I do really like Mark Ruffalo in the role, I just think he's way too bulky to be Banner, the whole dichotomy has always been that Bruce is a scrawny but intelligent guy while Hulk is this monstrous powerful beast.

So, now that this thread is revived... thoughts on Amazing Spiderman? I really liked it, I thought it was a great movie. I was really happy to see the Lizard as a villain in a movie because he's always been one of my favorites. I think it was about as good as the original Spiderman, if not better... only thing I'm sorta dreading about the inevitable sequel is that
    we seem to be on the fast track to getting the Green Goblin as the main villain. I really like the guy but damn it we already had him in a movie and he's already one of the most overused Spiderman villains... that said, with the way Oscorp has been shown in this movie, I'm assuming that means we'll also be getting an actual movie featuring Venom this time rather than that crap we got in Spiderman 3. Like or hate Venom, he's significant enough that he deserved a LOT more than what happened in that movie, Topher Grace was a horrible Eddie Brock and Venom even being in the movie was absolutely stupid, they should have saved that for a sequel movie and focused instead on just Sandman and Harry.

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now

You thought you were so clever... Forum Veteran Commodore Jim's Avatar

Honestly, Boalt, I would say that Venom's the more overused of Spider-Man villains, if we're gonna be pulling from all media. As for Green Goblin, he does deserve the screentime he gets. In the comics he's /the/ villain, especially being potent due his son being close to Peter, and having a hand in a lot of tragedies in his life, even after his "death". And since we're going with Gwen Stacy for this Spider-Man movie series, I suppose I should also mention that Green Goblin is a huge part of the events that lead to her death.

As for the movie itself, I think I'd say it was the "Pretty Okay Spider-Man". Not bad for a film made to keep a hold on rights for something...but I still wish Sony would lose the rights so we could get a Spider-Man film by the Marvel studios.
    Last edited by Commodore Jim; July 29th, 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore Jim View Post
    Honestly, Boalt, I would say that Venom's the more overused of Spider-Man villains, if we're gonna be pulling from all media. As for Green Goblin, he does deserve the screentime he gets. In the comics he's /the/ villain, especially being potent due his son being close to Peter, and having a hand in a lot of tragedies in his life, even after his "death". And since we're going with Gwen Stacy for this Spider-Man movie series, I suppose I should also mention that Green Goblin is a huge part of the events that lead to her death.

As for the movie itself, I think I'd say it was the "Pretty Okay Spider-Man". Not bad for a film made to keep a hold on rights for something...but I still wish Sony would lose the rights so we could get a Spider-Man film by the Marvel studios.
    Oh oops, I didn't mean to inadvertently compare the two like that. I agree that he deserves the screentime, Green Goblin's pretty much my favorite Spidey villain. Only issue I have is I actually really liked how he was handled in Spiderman, and there's a handful of other villains I would love to see getting some screentime just to see what they do with them (Mysterio could be fun) so I'm just a bit disappointed to have a repeat (and because Venom was utterly awful in Spiderman 3, I'd forgive a redo a bit more because of how he was such a nonentity in Spiderman 3). Regardless I'm sure that it'll be enjoyable, I've always liked Norman Osbourne as a villain, so hopefully they go even further with him as the ultimate supervillain like he is in the comics. Just from how Oscorp was shown in Amazing Spiderman, I'm getting the feeling that he will be... I also get the feeling that they're going to pull from the Ultimate comics for Venom, with Oscorp again at the center. It especially fits because of the entire "Norman Osbourne is dying" thing they had going on.

And that I absolutely have to agree with, Sony having the rights irritates me. It'd be fun if we actually had the possibility of a fun little Avengers related cameo like Coulson showing up or something, but of course the film rights issue makes that impossible. And more importantly with Sony having the rights, it keeps Marvel from getting to do everything it wants with the movies. Who knows how Amazing Spiderman might have turned out if Sony wasn't involved?

Bumping this thread with big news, according to this IGN article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...-in-avengers-2

Joss Whedon says that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be in The Avengers 2. This development is interesting, because as some of you might know, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, while associated with the Avengers in the comics, premiered and are associated with the X-Men, in that they're both Mutants and are the children of Magneto. Problem here is that Fox owns the movie-making rights to anything associated to X-Men, so they can't be called mutants or mention anything about Magneto at all in the movie... so why even include them? Or how? Well, this other article I read goes into why that might be:

http://moviebob.blogspot.com/2013/05...ngers-are.html

Either way, interesting new development!

I saw Thor recently and it was absolute &&&&. Horribly cliched plot, subpar action sequences, &&&&ty and unnecessary characters (besides Loki). Really nothing redeeming about it. It wasn't even fun to watch.

I have a couple of Marvel movies I'm still planning to see, are they worth my time? Iron Man, Iron Man 3, X-2, and Captain America.
    3DS: 5112 3747 3678

This situation calls for science! Aquinas's Avatar
    Trust me, when I find out, you'll be the first to know.

Captain America is one of my favorite superhero flicks. If you enjoy period pieces, vintage war movies, or Hugo Weaving being enjoyably hammy, I highly recommend it - it's a blast.

Can't speak to the other three, as I haven't seen them, though I've heard that X-2 is excellent.
    An insatiable hunger. An impossible thirst.
    A sparkling new tradition arrives with an unassuming tap on the marble floor.
    Seven come, six go, one stays still.

FATE/SPLINTERED

Forum Moderator

X-2 is supposed to be amazing but I've never seen it. Heard a lot of great things about it.

As for the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies... Avengers > Iron Man = Captain America > Iron Man 3 > Incredible Hulk > Thor > Iron Man 2.

Avengers is the greatest superhero movie ever made in my opinion, Iron Man and Captain America are both really excellent, Iron Man 3 was really great (could've been the best movie after Avengers but they had a few stupid things that brought it down; overall a really great movie though). Incredible Hulk is actually fantastic despite being so low on my list... Thor is iffy, it would've been better without the romance and with more Thor actually being Thor. Speaking as a big Thor fan... I liked the movie but it could be much better and it's not for everyone, I probably liked it as much as I did purely because I was just happy to be getting a Thor movie. Iron Man 2 is an absolute trainwreck and I'm astounded they messed it up so badly.

So yeah, ABSOLUTELY go out of your way to see Iron Man 1&3 and Captain America. X-2 from everything I've heard is excellent but again, haven't watched it myself. You're in for a much more satisfying experience than Thor with all four of those movies.

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fums View Post
    I saw Thor recently and it was absolute &&&&. Horribly cliched plot, subpar action sequences, &&&&ty and unnecessary characters (besides Loki). Really nothing redeeming about it. It wasn't even fun to watch.

I have a couple of Marvel movies I'm still planning to see, are they worth my time? Iron Man, Iron Man 3, X-2, and Captain America.
    Thor is one of the worst Marvel Movies.

Like, that was an awful one to start with. Most of the other ones are leagues and leagues better than Thor.

Iron Man 1, Captain America, and Incredible Hulk (the 2008 one) are fantastic films.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningboalt View Post
    Avengers is the greatest superhero movie ever made in my opinion
    I liked Avengers quite a bit, but I still like the Nolan Batman trilogy and X-Men: First Class more. Although I still need to see the original Superman movie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Superninfreak View Post
    Iron Man 1, Captain America, and Incredible Hulk (the 2008 one) are fantastic films.
    Ooh is Incredible Hulk that good? I feel like I've heard mostly meh things about it.
    3DS: 5112 3747 3678

Putting a cap in your benefits Forum Moderator Superninfreak's Avatar

I liked Avengers quite a bit, but I still like the Nolan Batman trilogy and X-Men: First Class more. Although I still need to see the original Superman movie too.
    I would suggest watching the other Marvel Cinematic Universe before Avengers, since the entire point of the movie was a crossover of characters who each had their own stuff.

You miss a lot if you're just meeting the characters in Avengers.

Ooh is Incredible Hulk that good? I feel like I've heard mostly meh things about it.
    You're probably thinking of Hulk, the 2003 movie. That one had a much more mixed reaction.
    "Have killed many, Shepard. Many methods. Gunfire, knives, drugs, tech attacks, once with farming equipment. But not with medicine." Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 2

Thread Information