Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Justin's GFX

Re: Justin's GFX

Excellent! I love it!
    But, um, if it's not tooooo much trouble, can I have just one more? I plan on having a rotating signature thing, much like yours... But I'll wait a bit before requesting it.

Aeront: I'm sorry! But I was kind of working in reverse order in requests. I apologize; and I'll try my best on yours to make up for it! Or at least decently...[

Kiwi: No problem, I'm fine with that. This is my last week of finals, so I'll be free for more requests later on.

TUMBLR :: BACKLOGGERY :: STEAM
    visit my acnl town! 5700-3154-2713

Good, so I'll just wait until the weekend to request it. That work?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Kiwi View Post
    Good, so I'll just wait until the weekend to request it. That work?
    Testing *officially* ends on Thursday, so you can just request then.
    These things take quite a while to do, so I need as much free time as possible.

Hug the Bowz Event Artist
    Forum Veteran

JSG I meant to like kinda critique or advice or something a while ago but who really cares what Kenz has to say RIGHT (haha I'm just kidding I dunno, but when I get into critiques I end up writing really huge HUGE paragraphs to the point where you'd probably get sick of it hehe).

But no really for starting in just February, here we are 2 months later and you have improved super fast. The main thing I think you need work on is your color choices. A lot of your sigs do very well in coordination, but some of your sigs seem very very busy with clashing colors or colors that don't work well together
    (ie. [1] [2] [3] though I give you credit some of these examples are your older sigs I think).

Some of your sigs are very very busy too
    (ie. [4] [5] [1 again]).

I can tell you really like Axeraider's Winter Breeze brushes. :P

I suggest you definitely expand your brushes collection as much and as often as possible! It gives you a lot more choice when you're making your sigs. When I was at my peak of sigmaking, I was constantly downloading new brushes and materials to work from. Obviously you're aware that you can install photoshop brushes into GIMP, and that you can find a variety of brushes on deviantart or just by googling "photoshop brushes".

I would also make the suggestion of trying out C4Ds! They are kind of a challenge to work with sometimes, and they can make or break a sig. In fact I think you already are trying out C4Ds, aren't you! Well, maybe you should try expanding your collection of those, too. I have a huge folder on my computer that I keep all kinds of renders, C4Ds, and textures in. It's fun to look for new things to use! I think the user [stinky666] has a wide variety of C4Ds to choose from. Wireframe C4Ds are also pretty cool! :o try different things omg

also, a good source for transparent renders is planetrenders.com or something like that yep you might already know these things. EITHER WAY

TL;DR JSG YOU ARE GOOD AT SIGS OKAY LIKE YOU ARE REALLY IMPROVING VERY FAST AND I AM TOTES PROUD OF YOU OKAY keep up the good work because I deffs like what I see okay

like even your "meh" stuff is good

that's a good thing

oh my thanks kenz, nice to hear advice from the one and only :D

But no really for starting in just February, here we are 2 months later and you have improved super fast. The main thing I think you need work on is your color choices. A lot of your sigs do very well in coordination, but some of your sigs seem very very busy with clashing colors or colors that don't work well together
    I am fully aware of my clashing colors and business; that's a habit I've been trying my best to stay away from. However, sometimes they would end up happening at one point or another, which is really hard to avoid for me nowadays with my attempt at new styles rather than just overusing brushes and whatnot.

And yeah, the first two are when I was completely new to signature making, and I really just did what I had in mind. Now I learned from my mistakes.

I can tell you really like Axeraider's Winter Breeze brushes. :P
    Those were my first brushes. And I really had no other choice, because I didn't even know what a brush did before. :P

I suggest you definitely expand your brushes collection as much and as often as possible! It gives you a lot more choice when you're making your sigs. When I was at my peak of sigmaking, I was constantly downloading new brushes and materials to work from. Obviously you're aware that you can install photoshop brushes into GIMP, and that you can find a variety of brushes on deviantart or just by googling "photoshop brushes".
    I actually use quite a lot of brushes! Although, most of the time I don't use them unless they fit the "theme" I'm aiming at. So stuff like my Arcane Brushes and Splatters don't really fit in for a naturistic theme or something. But I try my best when I do! So yeah, and I never knew Photoshop brushes worked too. Thanks!

I would also make the suggestion of trying out C4Ds! They are kind of a challenge to work with sometimes, and they can make or break a sig. In fact I think you already are trying out C4Ds, aren't you! Well, maybe you should try expanding your collection of those, too. I have a huge folder on my computer that I keep all kinds of renders, C4Ds, and textures in. It's fun to look for new things to use! I think the user [stinky666] has a wide variety of C4Ds to choose from. Wireframe C4Ds are also pretty cool! :o try different things omg
    Yeah, C4Ds are a pain for me, but they seem to look pretty nice most of the time when used correctly. Sadly, since this computer is somewhat download restricted, most of the cool and usable C4Ds I find are .RAR files, in which the desktop is unable to extract due to my restriction on not having WinRAR yet (still need my own laptop bluhh). I have limited C4Ds right now, so perhaps if there are any good non-WinRAR (I can handle .zips and simple file formats) C4Ds, I'd appreciate some for use!

also, a good source for transparent renders is planetrenders.com or something like that yep you might already know these things. EITHER WAY
    I've been using that renders graphiques website (french rendering website) for a quite long time as of late, so no worries on that.

TL;DR JSG YOU ARE GOOD AT SIGS OKAY LIKE YOU ARE REALLY IMPROVING VERY FAST AND I AM TOTES PROUD OF YOU OKAY keep up the good work because I deffs like what I see okay

like even your "meh" stuff is good

that's a good thing
    Thanks! I was really surprised of the reception; even when I was just starting out! I don't know, but February was my first GIMP signatures; before, it was a &&&&ty Sumo Paint one in which I had no idea how layers worked and what not. I guess ever since I joined the internet, signatures and graphic edits like these have always awe-inspired me, so I guess most of my work comes from inspiration! And besides Kenz, you're one of them who inspired me too. o:

And right now, I'm still struggling on trying my best at these; but somehow with each signature I make, I always seem to do a little bit better than the last. Just compare my first one to my latest.

again, thank you!

For Aeront

sorry aeront if this doesn't symbolize Magikarp's power but I tried my best and I had fun with the gradients :D

Quote Originally Posted by JSG View Post

For Aeront

sorry aeront if this doesn't symbolize Magikarp's power but I tried my best and I had fun with the gradients :D
    THIS IS DELICIOUS! Thanks JSG! Puttin' this baby in right now!

Hey bro
    It's thursday
    So I'll just, uh, leave my request here

Type: Signature
    Size: Same as the last two
    Image: This
    Background Color: Blue and Black por favor~
    Text: "I'm trapped on an alien spaceship, and I have no powers. But I'm the Blue Beetle. And the thing about us Blue Beetles... We don't need no stinking powers."

For Kiwi

Not my best, kinda felt really lazy/tired today, but I hope you like it!

asdfghjkl; perfect.
    That is perfect.
    When is the soonest I can ask for another? I want a total of five, and currently I have three.

Honestly, there is no limit on when to order.
    As long as you don't do 50 at a time, then go right ahead.

WHOOOOO-OA! GIRLS DO WHAT WE LIKE! WHOOOOO-OA! WE'RE TAKING OVER TONIGHT! Forum Veteran Elfice's Avatar
    don't you DARE take the name of Texas in vain

Quote Originally Posted by JSG
    I'm not up to par with any of the other signature makers here, such as Kenz, Peasley, Piepi, and Elfice
    Quote Originally Posted by JSG
    Elfice
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH MAN THAT'S A GOOD ONE dude you surpassed me take my name off that list.

In any case, mind if I request one?

As far as everything else goes...I would like a border. Other than that, go nuts.
    shoutout to moose for the amazing avatar feat. my dog carter

hey look a tumblr

Okay two at once rapid fire

Signature 1:
    Size: Same as the rest
    Picture: This
    Text: Red Sands Rabbiroos
    Background: A mix of Red, Green, and Blue, in a gradient. I would prefer them in this order from left to right: Green Red Blue

Signature 2:
    Size: Same
    Picture: http://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/i...MVC_Thanos.png
    Text: But in the end, as always, THANOS will stand triumphant.
    Background: Something... Space

Also, THANOS being written in all caps is necessary

Thanks in advance!

I understand everything now Forum Veteran PokeMarioGuy's Avatar

And then I got here. Yeah I got a request, but I wanted to say that you really have made some great sigs here. I really like the Korra one.

If I could have a sig with this guy say "Sorry to keep YOU waiting!"
    Everything else is pretty much up to you. Creative liberty, and trusting you'll go a grwat job and whatnot.

If that one won't work, then lets try this, with the text "Wonder Meow"
    Same as the last one with all those other specifics.
    Nintendo Network ID - drbeardfasay
    3DS Friend Code: 1375 7270 4335

Requests will be finished around Friday at the very most, since I'm pretty packed with school this week.

Thanks Elfice, but I'm keeping your name up there. o:

For Elfice

Okay, got that one done. Finishing these up rather faster than usual, so that's good.

For Kiwi

Tried some new C4Ds with the space background. Also tried giving the render a "comic book" effect, but it isn't that noticeable considering the render DID come from a comic book, I think.
    Will get to PMGs, then back to Kiwi's sometime soon.

Phonetics do wonders. Forum Moderator Eltrotraw's Avatar

Not requesting(yet, maybe), but I want to ask if you've ever done any banners. I think it's clear that you're mainly working with signatures, but I'm wondering if you've done any banner work(or plan to anytime soon)?

I'd like to see what you're capable of in that, but have nothing specific to request in regards to that.

ALL SIGS MUST CONTAIN RAINBOW PUKE
    "Works" Thread || Youtube
    Check out FIREWORKS!, SKIPLOOM ADVENTURES, and CARTER'S MISADVENTURES, three webgames I've made through the Unity Game Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrotraw View Post
    Not requesting(yet, maybe), but I want to ask if you've ever done any banners. I think it's clear that you're mainly working with signatures, but I'm wondering if you've done any banner work(or plan to anytime soon)?

I'd like to see what you're capable of in that, but have nothing specific to request in regards to that.
    I've made a banner in my early days of GIMP, which was rather plain/simple, but nonetheless, workable.
    Sigs have been a popularity and a main priority as of late, but I might try to incorporate my sig knowledge onto a banner for this thread someday.

For PMG

This was interesting to make. Especially when I tried using a different gradient style, too.
    I'm going to make both of you requests, PMG, if you don't mind.

I understand everything now Forum Veteran PokeMarioGuy's Avatar

Oh that's really super coolio mcbeans. Seriously I really like this and if you really want to make the other one than go right ahead.
    Nintendo Network ID - drbeardfasay
    3DS Friend Code: 1375 7270 4335

For Chaos Kiwi

Not my best, but my god I tested out some new lighting styles and it looks great with this one.
    PMG's sig will be done sometime today or tomorrow.

Also, I can now make signatures out of stock images, such as this. Basically, I can take a focal point, add some effects, and make a signature out of it.

Prior to my announcing of Stock Signatures, I made a quick signature out of this picture.

Hello there. I appreciate your work, it's impressive.

Could you please make me one as well?
    http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7868/godot1.png ( cut around biceps up)

and the text "...to forgive, divine." as well as my username 'Lux Aeterna' separate.

Thanks.

Signature by JSG
    "...To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes..." -- Prosecutor Godot; Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations

"Men that are trapped by the chains of 'maybe' can never reach their dreams!" -- Prosecutor Godot; Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations

"Wishes can come true, but not if you wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves, here and now!" -- Vanille; Final Fantasy XIII

"The things we do today will be tomorrow's news." -- Newsies

Tumblr

Thread Information